Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Im at a lack of words.
    I literally dont know what to reply to you.

From saying a "rotation" is not a timegate...to "corruptions are not content"

I literally dont know what to say here.
    I ask the help of others here to reply to Jester Joe.

How is this "rotation" not a timegate...and literally people are waiting for their corruptions to come up?
    And this is why people are getting frustrated with you.

You're not actually trying to discuss it, you're just acting like you're right while having nothing to actually back up what you're claiming.

Which normally in a discussion, ends with accepting that maybe the original claim (that this is a time gate) is reconsidered.

Like, what's next.
    Affixes are time gates for m+?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And this is why people are getting frustrated with you.

You're not actually trying to discuss it, you're just acting like you're right while having nothing to actually back up what you're claiming.

Which normally in a discussion, ends with accepting that maybe the original claim (that this is a time gate) is reconsidered.

Like, what's next.
    Affixes are time gates for m+?
    I finally understood "why you dont think is a timegate" with the help of another poster

Here is my reply in case you missed it:

Ahhhh, now i get the "is not a timegate" argument thanks

Is not a timegate because you are not locked out of doing raids, instances etc
    You are simply less effective.

Ok

You are still waiting 1 month to get something you want though Happy waiting (no sarcasm, have fun with whatever else is in the game)
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-05-24 at 11:41 PM.

If you can come up with a reason why a vendor changing what they hold on a rotation twice a week is suddenly time gating, but only having one chance a week to get gear from a raid is fine, then let's here it.

People are getting frustrated with this probably because there's been many examples as to why people believe what you're saying is wrong, yet it's still being argued.

I gave you a flat reason why this isn't time gating. It's not really something that was up for debate. It's just basic facts. The vendor is not preventing you from doing anything. You can still go and farm corruption from other sources. You're not locked out of content.

But it was somehow twisted into "well I can't buy it RIGHT NOW, so that's time gated!".

Corruption effects aren't content to be done.
    It's not like the Broken Shore or Suramar where you're waiting to continue a story.
    It is pretty easy to argue that it is time gated. A more apt comparison between corruptions would be the vp vendor or the gear upgrade system from MoP. Trying to compare them to content isn't really relevent.

Now I can see reasons for why these are time gated. It stops everyone from rushing out and getting their BiS corruptions right off the bat but this is a time gate that isn't something you can debate.

What you can debate is the reasoning behind the time gate. I personally think its to stretch out content a little bit more and make it feel like a gradual power gain rather then a sudden shock to your read team as everyone suddenly hits harder and heals more.

I finally understood "why you dont think is a timegate" with the help of another poster

Here is my reply in case you missed it:
    And yet it's basically word for word what I said 4 pages ago-

This isn't a time gate.
    It's as simple as that.

It's not preventing you from playing any content. It's not preventing you from accessing anything.
    And hell, it's not the only source of Corruption.

Is it an arbitrary, kinda silly decision? Yes.

But it's not a time gate at all. It's not gating you out of anything.
    :l which you argued against at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    It is pretty easy to argue that it is time gated. A more apt comparison between corruptions would be the vp vendor or the gear upgrade system from MoP. Trying to compare them to content isn't really relevent.

Now I can see reasons for why these are time gated. It stops everyone from rushing out and getting their BiS corruptions right off the bat but this is a time gate that isn't something you can debate.

What you can debate is the reasoning behind the time gate. I personally think its to stretch out content a little bit more and make it feel like a gradual power gain rather then a sudden shock to your read team as everyone suddenly hits harder and heals more.
    It's not time gated though. Time gated implies you're waiting a duration for something to become accessible in general, a la Suramar content/Broken Shore.

Island expeditions aren't time gated for being on a rotation.
    The crates aren't time gated for being on a rotation.
    Mythic+ affixes aren't time gated for being on a rotation.

And the logic of "To stop people from rushing out and getting their BiS corruptions" is faulty to begin with, considering Expedient rank 3 was on the very first rotation.

I only understood later with another poster his reasoning.
    He doesnt consider corruptions "actual content".
    So is not gating you out of "anything" content-related...so is not a timegate.

I dont agree but at this point i dont know if i should keep talking...

I just wanted to reply to say, i was not expecting you, Laughingjack to be the one to point it out and somewhat "come to the rescue"
    We have a lot of bad blood spilled on this forums with arguments between you and me.
    You had no reason to do this and im shocked.
    And im not saying this only because you agree with me...is more because you could have easily shit on me and you didnt.
    Sorry for calling min maxers "you people" and shitting on your community.

Is a pitty fest! everyone close your eyes (>_<)

And yet it's basically word for word what I said 4 pages ago-

:l which you argued against at the time.

It's not time gated though. Time gated implies you're waiting a duration for something to become accessible in general, a la Suramar content/Broken Shore.

Island expeditions aren't time gated for being on a rotation.
    The crates aren't time gated for being on a rotation.
    Mythic+ affixes aren't time gated for being on a rotation.

And the logic of "To stop people from rushing out and getting their BiS corruptions" is faulty to begin with, considering Expedient rank 3 was on the very first rotation.
    I think they don't want every single person buying their best at once. If they roll them out slowly the raids overall damage levels will increase more gradually then if everyone buys their best all at once.

I understand what your trying to say with your examples but I have to disagree with it. We are talking about powerful stat increases compared to islands cosmetic rewards.
    I am unsure what you mean by crates either dailies or pvp drops? I am going go assume the former. Those are in fact time gated as well. Mythic+ isn't really a gate but a set of conditions the rewards are identical every week regardless of affixs.

When people talk about time gating with the vendor they are referring to the time it takes to get their BiS corruption and considered how massive of the a different the best and worst corruptions are (no damage to roughly 30-50% of your overall dmg depending on spec) It is easy to see where the frustration is coming from.

I honestly think people just want to be "done" with corruption. It was a despised system from its launch and now that people see a way to get it locked in once and for all they want to take it.

- - - Updated - - -

I only understood later with another poster his reasoning.
    He doesnt consider corruptions "actual content".
    So is not gating you out of "anything" content-related...so is not a timegate.

I dont agree but at this point i dont know if i should keep talking...

I just wanted to reply to say, i was not expecting you, Laughingjack to be the one to point it out and somewhat "come to the rescue"
    We have a lot of bad blood spilled on this forums with arguments between you and me.
    You had no reason to do this and im shocked.
    And im not saying this only because you agree with me...is more because you could have easily shit on me and you didnt.
    Sorry for calling min maxers "you people" and shitting on your community.

Is a pitty fest! everyone close your eyes (>_<)
    I think your a bit over invested in forum posting. My overall goal or perhaps desire for the game is it to be based more on how you spend you time rather then how much of it you spend to be the limiting factor.

I dislike systems like this because it feels like the goal is simply to have players wait rather then to help them succeed. Our differing views on covenants stems from that same vein. The goal was always to give players as much agency and control over the content they enjoy as possible. All there was to it.

many guilds came back during COVID-19

I think they don't want every single person buying their best at once. If they roll them out slowly the raids overall damage levels will increase more gradually then if everyone buys their best all at once.

I understand what your trying to say with your examples but I have to disagree with it. We are talking about powerful stat increases compared to islands cosmetic rewards.
    I am unsure what you mean by crates either dailies or pvp drops? I am going go assume the former. Those are in fact time gated as well. Mythic+ isn't really a gate but a set of conditions the rewards are identical every week regardless of affixs.

When people talk about time gating with the vendor they are referring to the time it takes to get their BiS corruption and considered how massive of the a different the best and worst corruptions are (no damage to roughly 30-50% of your overall dmg depending on spec) It is easy to see where the frustration is coming from.

I honestly think people just want to be "done" with corruption. It was a despised system from its launch and now that people see a way to get it locked in once and for all they want to take it.
    The island expedition crates.

And just because it's a power increase thing doesn't mean it's time gated.

Does it make the system stupid and infuriating to a degree? Yes.

Time gated though, no.

The island expedition crates.

And just because it's a power increase thing doesn't mean it's time gated.

Does it make the system stupid and infuriating to a degree? Yes.

Time gated though, no.
    Ahh I would say both are time gated myself as you have to wait to buy the specific one you target. I think corruption irks more because its direct power rather then cosmetics.

I value cosmetics highly but I am far more comfortable waiting for them compared to major power upgrades to my character. Both are time gates but ones more egregious or at least I would argue it is.

That is a horrible analogy, OP, and you know it. If you want to compare corruptions to car-related items, they're more like the entire car itself. Before the vendor, you already had a car that worked and had a decent top speed, but you were unlucky with winning a better car. Now there's a car dealer in town that cycles their stock.

Unfortunately, you're a shit driver and getting a better car isn't going to help.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet