Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    People that do the bare minimum, never bother to look up a guide; and have no real interest to put in work will take a long time. For everyone else it’s pretty fast.
    Even doing the bare minimum many take less then a month. Rank 3 lucid dream takes 10 days doing just the dailies. It can take 5 almost 4 if you do everything in your power.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    idk if you know, but you dont NEED breath of the dying and lucid dreams.

also you can get rank 3 of lucid dreams in far less then 3 weeks.

1. your dailies
    2. rares for the hand in items
    3. your bark
    4. murloc vendor
    5. glimmering chest farming

you can get rank 4 in 6 weeks if you do decent. i have seen some do it in 5.

rank 4 requires 27,000 exp.
    rank 3 requires 3000

lets actually grab a math. so

Week 1-
    day 1- 300 exp from dailies- 50 from crab leg- 50 from crab leg- 50 from fathom ray wing- 50 from eel filet- 60 from reefwalker bark- 60 from another reefwalker bark- 300 from ancient reefwalker bark- 75 from hermit crab - 450 from naga orders

End day 1 with 1445, meaning you already have rank 1, and rank 2.

day 2- 300 exp from dailies 50 from crab leg- 50 from fathom ray wing- 50 from eel fillet- 60 from reefwalker bark

End day 2 with 1955

Day 3- 300 exp from dailies 50 from crab leg- 50 from fathom ray wing- 50 from eel fillet- 60 from reefwalker bark

end day 3 with 2465

day 4- 300 exp from dailies 50 from crab leg- 50 from fathom ray wing- 50 from eel fillet- 60 from reefwalker bark

end day 4 with 2975

day 5- do 1 daily, or grab 1 hand in rep item, and boom 3000 rep, you now have rank 3 lucid dreams.

oh look day 5, not week 3 like you say....
    (Also if your day 1 is on a monday, you can do that all again the next day, meaning you could get it done in 2 or 3 days, as long as you do this just before and after a weekly reset, as the ancient reefwalker, and the naga orders are weekly)

i mean if you do JUST your dailies maybe it may take 3 weeks, as the above assumes you kill a few rares every day...

300 exp a day... you need 3000 exp... that means.. 10 days... i didnt know 3 weeks was 10 days mate....

maybe learn to math?

3 weeks to get 3000 exp, when you get 300 exp a day? you serious mate? 300x10=3000 not 300x21=3000
    Well I did say IIRC. Point was there is a lot of random things you have to do in order to play specific content. I was clearly wrong in the details . My friends were logging in 3 days a week and that was it and it took them like 3 weeks to get lucid and they were very turned off the little time they had was spent on timegated content. Add breath + lucid + having to go back and do an old raid for azshara essence and its no wonder people really feel turned off to return to WoW. Add corruptions on top of it and a M15 every week and they barely could do arena ever with their time. That was my whole point really.

Also saying "you dont need it" is a bit untrue. To play arena you need breath/conflict/vitality or you are at a severe disadvantage. All which take a lottttt of time to get.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeusy View Post
    Well I did say IIRC. Point was there is a lot of random things you have to do in order to play specific content. I was clearly wrong in the details . My friends were logging in 3 days a week and that was it and it took them like 3 weeks to get lucid and they were very turned off the little time they had was spent on timegated content. Add breath + lucid + having to go back and do an old raid for azshara essence and its no wonder people really feel turned off to return to WoW. Add corruptions on top of it and a M15 every week and they barely could do arena ever with their time. That was my whole point really.

Also saying "you dont need it" is a bit untrue. To play arena you need breath/conflict/vitality or you are at a severe disadvantage. All which take a lottttt of time to get.
    So question.if your friends had never played this content. Why were they complaining tyey had to do it? To them it's new content, "we had to go back and do an old raid" but you've never done it before so it's not old its new...

Maybe wow just ain't for yall anymore, when doing new content you haven't done before is seen as a drag.

It does not take 2-3 months to obtain 4 essences at rank 3...
    It does not even take 1 month
    Most of them take 1-3 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Essences take less then a month, corruptions are not required, and you will get those passively. And same with azerite, it will just happen as your doing content. I literally quit live to play alpha and classic. And I'm still just by doing my daily emissaries and weekly island round at level 91 neck.
    Roughly a month and conflict and strife has the nasty effect of getting harder and harder to do as other players outpace you. You can split hairs and say maybe three weeks but its a decent amount of time to spend just waiting to get to base power level.

So question.if your friends had never played this content. Why were they complaining tyey had to do it? To them it's new content, "we had to go back and do an old raid" but you've never done it before so it's not old its new...

Maybe wow just ain't for yall anymore, when doing new content you haven't done before is seen as a drag.
    Because like i said, they used to play in cata and log in to do arenas then log out, that was amazing for them. They have a few hours here and there to play and arena is really fun for them. Arena in WoW is unmatched on any other game. So being forced to spend 2-3+ weeks (assuming all of this content not just 1 essence) to be VIABLE in arena really turns off it as a whole. I really enjoy all of WoW so it doesn't bother me. I was giving feedback on why new players or new systems could seem really poor to some people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    Roughly a month and conflict and strife has the nasty effect of getting harder and harder to do as other players outpace you. You can split hairs and say maybe three weeks but its a decent amount of time to spend just waiting to get to base power level.
    1. 5-10 days is not roughly a month. Unless you can't do math either.
    2. Ya know... You only need 1400 and any loses below 1400 you don't lose any rating right?
    3. You don't need conflict n strife...

- - - Updated - - -

Because like i said, they used to play in cata and log in to do arenas then log out, that was amazing for them. They have a few hours here and there to play and arena is really fun for them. Arena in WoW is unmatched on any other game. So being forced to spend 2-3+ weeks (assuming all of this content not just 1 essence) to be VIABLE in arena really turns off it as a whole. I really enjoy all of WoW so it doesn't bother me. I was giving feedback on why new players or new systems could seem really poor to some people.
    Wow isn't really a game made for just areanas, it never was, I would highly recommend another game. Cause I'm sure y'all don't remember, but even back in cata you had to do lots of PVE to do PVP.

2. Ya know... You only need 1400 and any loses below 1400 you don't lose any rating right?
    O Low progression players say the silliest things.

You can move goal posts all you like but the player base has moved past you. People don't want to play with the weak talents,essences, and whatever mindless grind locked power upgrade comes out.

People ask what they have to do to get caught up and compete and people are going to tell them the truth. Rail against it if you wish it won't change the path we are set on.

7+ Year Old Account
    O Low progression players say the silliest things.

You can move goal posts all you like but the player base has moved past you. People don't want to play with the weak talents,essences, and whatever mindless grind locked power upgrade comes out.

People ask what they have to do to get caught up and compete and people are going to tell them the truth. Rail against it if you wish it won't change the path we are set on.
    "Low progression" what's your progression buddy? Also lol, who are you to speak for the playerbase?
    From my experience, and research, players do, not the dumb shit you just said. They mostly pick what they enjoy, what they find cool. What they find fun. And what they find unique. Only a minority go hardcore minmax, sadly they are vocal.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow isn't really a game made for just areanas, it never was, I would highly recommend another game. Cause I'm sure y'all don't remember, but even back in cata you had to do lots of PVE to do PVP.
    Only PVE we did in cata was coming in for heroic vial / heroic cunning boss and that was it. Rest of our gear was PvP only. (2400-2500 on multiple toons this way). Ding max level, got blues and able to get 1800/2200 without raiding or any gated pve content at all. Only time we stepped into raids was for cunning honestly lol.

They are quickly realizing what you said, playing to arena is hardly an option anymore.

"Low progression" what's your progression buddy?
    Pretty mid tier but it skyrocketed since ive been put on rotation at work 10/12 mythic now if you must know but im taking time to pug the other raid tiers to see what I missed from taking a break from bfa.

Cleared mythic jaina and queen ashara in pugs but haven't found anyone who wants to do c'thuun? Im not sure how the name is spelled and cant be arsed to google it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Only PVE we did in cata was coming in for heroic vial / heroic cunning boss and that was it. Rest of our gear was PvP only. (2400-2500 on multiple toons this way). Ding max level, got blues and able to get 1800/2200 without raiding or any gated pve content at all. Only time we stepped into raids was for cunning honestly lol.

They are quickly realizing what you said, playing to arena is hardly an option anymore.
    What classes did y'all play in cata?

What classes did y'all play in cata?
    I played 4 affliction locks, and a spriest, my friend played 2 resto shamans, and our other 3 partners were a mage and rogue, and warrior.

And you wonder why WoW is off putting to new players...

I’ll keep playing as long as it’s essentially FTP via tokens, but I’d never recommend any of my friends return to this silly grind fest. At least not in BFA.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty mid tier but it skyrocketed since ive been put on rotation at work 10/12 mythic now if you must know but im taking time to pug the other raid tiers to see what I missed from taking a break from bfa.

Cleared mythic jaina and queen ashara in pugs but haven't found anyone who wants to do c'thuun? Im not sure how the name is spelled and cant be arsed to google it.
    Cool, so your point was "I'm superior, I know better then you, you low prog player" cool, nice job.

Back to the actual point. Unless your in the top 1% you don't need your BIS.

Cool, so your point was "I'm superior, I know better then you, you low prog player" cool, nice job.

Back to the actual point. Unless your in the top 1% you don't need your BIS.
    I don't think you really understand the game your playing or perhaps you just don't really understand people. No one looks at the first set of essences they scrounge together and say " This is good".

They don't consider the grind done till its full bis so that is easily a month for most classes. More if you add the cape and corruption. Call it the one percent if you must but its how the majority operates.

Times changed im afraid. We are never going back to those early days in vanilla even if you play classic they are dead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Essences take a month if:

You raid
    You do all the Nazjatar content... every day
    You do all the Mechagon content... every day
    You do arena... every week
    You do battlegrounds... every week
    You do mythic+... every week
    You grind Rajani and Uldm rep... every day

For most people this level of extreme gameplaying is not practical. That's why I said it took 2-3 months.

Speaking from personal experience, I did the Mechagon and Nazjatar back to back because I couldn't be assed to grind both zones every day, it was just too much time.

- - - Updated - - -

That's where I am - playing with tokens. I've got enough to buy like 3 more but not buying Shadowlands. I may subscribe for the 3rd or 4th tier of SL once they've fixed whatever shitshow they introduce at launch this time.
    I love how you smiled my math above.. essences do not take a month if you do all those.
    Lucid dreams takes 10 days doing bare minimum. Not a month.
    Conflict and strife you only need to do arena one week... After that you literally just fill your conquest bar doing anything else.
    Don't need to do bgs every week. Can literally finish it in 1 week by doing it all at once...
    Lol ileum and Rajani rep every day? You mean once a week/every 3.5 days.

I feel like you haven't actually fucking done any of these.
    Especially since the Rajani don't give an essence my dude... Only the uldum rep does...
    Maybe do some research? Your entire post could only be more wrong by saying there is a battle pet azerite essence.

- - - Updated - - -

I played 4 affliction locks, and a spriest, my friend played 2 resto shamans, and our other 3 partners were a mage and rogue, and warrior.
    So y'all didn't get the legendaries? How did y'all get 2400/2600 without any legendaries. Or raid trinkets which were insanely overpowered in PvP there. What about the deathwing weapons. Which were super OP in PvP?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    And you wonder why WoW is off putting to new players...

I’ll keep playing as long as it’s essentially FTP via tokens, but I’d never recommend any of my friends return to this silly grind fest. At least not in BFA.
    Except it's not off-putting to new players, why are you making up stuff?

Lowering your standards works wonders. I have rank 1 conflict and strife because I don't like arenas. Most other major essences were nerfed to be easier to acquire, and even easier still on alts.

I mean props on returning as a new player and immediately doing 5 weeks of arena and mythic+ after mythic+, holy crap. I was under the impression someone addicted enough to this game as to push for mythic raiding levels (you sure don't need all that for heroic) wouldn't take that long of a break.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you really understand the game your playing or perhaps you just don't really understand people. No one looks at the first set of essences they scrounge together and say " This is good".

They don't consider the grind done till its full bis so that is easily a month for most classes. More if you add the cape and corruption. Call it the one percent if you must but its how the majority operates.

Times changed im afraid. We are never going back to those early days in vanilla even if you play classic they are dead.
    Ok and where do you get this info? "They don't consider the grind done till its full bis so that is easily a month for most classes"

You must have a wide range of players you talk with to be able to say that most players act like this.
    Please, tell me where you get this amazing info. You say it's the majority. Please show me your proof. Your evidence.

Ok and where do you get this info? "They don't consider the grind done till its full bis so that is easily a month for most classes"

You must have a wide range of players you talk with to be able to say that most players act like this.
    Please, tell me where you get this amazing info. You say it's the majority. Please show me your proof. Your evidence.
    I want you to find me the player who honestly says " I don't want to do as well as I could" instead. Everyone works to improve at nearly every level beyond those who quit at level cap.

What your asking for is absurd in a rpg.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/azerite-esse...reservation-24
    https://www.wowhead.com/azerite-esse...everlasting-33

- - - Updated - - -

You need 4800 rep to get lucid dreams. 3 quests a day at 300 rep/quest = 16 days.

You're right that any one doesn't take a lot, but doing all of them is quite a lot. Especially the first couple days because your gear is so absurdly low - when I hit level 120 recently I was 260 item level.
    1. Wow I guess there is essences on Rajani

2. Sorry yes you are correct. 4800 for rank 3. 3000 is rank 2.
    However you forget you can massively speed it up with all the other sources for exp.