Returning Player - A Question About Transmog

I just came back to the game after quitting in WoD and I'm just preparing for Shadowlands. There's been some tweaks to the transmog system since I played and I was wondering how some things work now. If I collect say a plate piece on my shaman, will I learn that plate piece on my death knight now? or are appearances that you can learn for your account bound to only what the character that looted the item is capable of using? I noticed after I looted some plate items that I never used before it didnt add their appearances to my collection, so that's why I was wondering what is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Aion1026 View Post
    If I collect say a plate piece on my shaman, will I learn that plate piece on my death knight now?
    No, you must be able to wield to item for it to become part of your collection. However, if a plate class loots a plate item, that item can be xmoged by Paladin/DK/Warrior.

The only exception to this is with class sets (Tier sets for example). They can only be xmoged by the class they belong to

Yeah, the collection aspect of transmog really hasn't changed very much at all over the years.

They've added the Cosmetic item type which anyone can learn and is only for xmog, but that's about it.

And also you can now tmog legendaries.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

You only unlock transmogs from items that match your armor and weapon proficiencies and that you are able to equip. A warrior will be able to unlock any plate item except paladin and DK tier sets and any weapons they can equip, including bows and guns even though they don't use them. A warrior, however, won't be able to unlock cloth, leather or mail items, even though they can equip them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aion1026 View Post
    I noticed after I looted some plate items that I never used before it didnt add their appearances to my collection, so that's why I was wondering what is the case.
    That's not changed, it's always been like that.

Not only doesn't your Shaman collect a plate appearance, but it doesn't collect leather/cloth either, even though it can be worn.

Armor MUST BE proper material (e.g. mail for shaman/hunter etc), else only Warriors would be used to collect transmog, as the can plysically equip every piece of armor/weapon in the game (except class restricted).
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post

Not only doesn't your Shaman collect a plate appearance, but it doesn't collect leather/cloth either, even though it can be worn.

Armor MUST BE proper material (e.g. mail for shaman/hunter etc), else only Warriors would be used to collect transmog, as the can plysically equip every piece of armor/weapon in the game (except class restricted).
    I rly wish they would change this,any piece that drops and gets bound to you should just unlock

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I rly wish they would change this,any piece that drops and gets bound to you should just unlock
    They have explicit stated they will never change it, for the very reason I specified.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

They have explicit stated they will never change it, for the very reason I specified.
    Maybe it will, maybe it won't, but not for the reason you listed, since it doesn't make sense.

Even items that you can't wear get bound to you. So if you get plate drop through legacy loot it's also soulbound. The suggestion he made was that it should be added to your collection then.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

well not,because if they changed it like i said,everyone could unlock everything

iT'S essential to read more blogs regarding it

10+ Year Old Account

And wands, they cannot equip wands, but yeah, it would make certain classes better for transmog farming, though, to be fair, there are already some classes that are better for that cause it doesn't apply to weapons (Like Warriors that can get any weapon for anyone -excluding wands-)