Page 1 of 30
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb has Transmog gone TOO far?

is it good for the overall health of the game if everyone "appears" to be completey epiced out with shiny looking gear?

while it gives a lot of customization with how your gear looks, i can't help but feel a little that we lost something when i see a level 24 with all these crazy high end transmog on his gear.

did we loose something without even realizing it?

should we have placed more restrictions on it?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

WoW has his own thing going on.

But...now that i think about it...is probably the only game where "looks" are like whatever and in other games you have to PAY to look good.

To a new player though? He will probably get really excited about it while his collection is...crappy for a while at least

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    is it good for the overall health of the game if everyone "appears" to be completey epiced out with shiny looking gear?

while it gives a lot of customization with how your gear looks, i can't help but feel a little that we lost something when i see a level 24 with all these crazy high end transmog on his gear.

If I want my level 11 warrior alt to run around in transmogged T1, that's my business - and absolutely none of yours. Feel free to place all the 'restrictions' you want on your own characters, though.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-05-26 at 01:53 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Go play classic if you want everyone to look like 4 pixels worth of shit.

/thread

i think flying made us lose more than transmog ever will

but the game is better with both than without (opinion obviously)

Not healthy to be worrying about what other people mog.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    no. /10char

Transmog needs more options, if anything.

Nope, we didn't.

As for a lvl24, all they really have access to is T1 and T2. Some cool designs but definitely not "crazy high end transmog".

10+ Year Old Account
    If I want a newly made Pally mogged with T2, and Sulfuron Hammer (for example) that's up to me, and no one else.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

I'd say transmog hasn't gone far enough. We need more choices for our characters. Not just low alts using gear looks won on another but maybe a little more freedom on what can be mogged (Like different armour types.)

I once turned off my tmogs while gearing up my DK . Go mix some zandalari and kul tiran pieces and you'll understand why we need tmog, I looked like an absolute buffoon.
    And it won't get better in Shadowlands , different themes for dungeons / zone don't work well mixing .
    Also which high end tmog could have you seen on a level 24 , items still have a level requirement to be mogged. Well matched yes, flashy like a tier set ? unlikely.

edit: ok I see now since legion people can mog into T1-T2 from the start , definitely not high end by todays standards
    Last edited by valax; 2020-05-26 at 02:21 AM.

Tier 1 and 2 are considered "crazy high end"? Since that's about what a level 24 can transmog into. @Ron Burgundy
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

in real RPG you don't change stuff every 5 minutes nor do you have way differents items for chest, gloves or pants....
    so yeah, I'd rather have a way to have a specific look and keep it despite having to upgrade my gear for gameplay reasons

and more so since only the 1st warfront set are good both sides, every other set, the worst offence being the raids ones, are ugly as hell

gimme the legion raid or pvp sets anytimes, thx

Nope, keep going, transmog hasn’t gone far enough!

Armor type agnosticism next!

Quote Originally Posted by JustMYchanges View Post
    Go play classic if you want everyone to look like 4 pixels worth of shit.

/thread
    Quoted for truth.

Transmog needs restrictions lifted, not added. I really hope that left/right shoulder thing that was datamined is for real.

It would be nice for certain specs/classes to not have as tight restrictions on their classes artifact weapons.

Put Mage Tower Appearances on the BMAH.

Stuff like that.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Transmog is like 70% why I play wow, haha. Don't touch it I say!

back in classic the armour appearances gave an indication of what a character had achieved. top dungeon gear was distinctive, raid gear more so. the rest mostly looked pretty plain and/or bad (especially mail/plate helms, every single one of which was a recolour of that same damn ugly helmet. every. single. one). greens really were common, blues were fairly rare and purples were certainly epic. this has not been the case for a long time (many arguments over whether this was a change for the better or the worse but like it or not, it's the direction the game took and it's still getting strong subs and raking in the money) so the ability to transmog into epics and/or top level gear isn't really an issue. people don't look at gear to see what you've done any more, they look at achievements, item level and mythic keys

Why? What problem is this creating?

I don't think there was an alternative. People want to be able to still access old content and the appearances that come with it. This is the inevitable consequence of that. There's the occasional transmog from one-off content like the mage tower appearances, which I do think they could do from time to time to have truly unique appearances that stand out from the crowd.

I'd argue BFA gear's shift away from class themes was good for this, as BFA has different, distinct themes like kul'tiran, zandalari, horde/alliance, that are instantly recognizable as from this expansion, whereas class set #47 you can only vaguely tell from the resolution if it's an old set or not.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-05-26 at 02:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.