Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Right, which is the whole argument of this thread. We believe it shouldn't be up to the person wearing it, for reasons previously stated.
    Even back before transmog, I wore old sets while AFKing in a town because I liked them.
    My responsibility isn't to entertain others.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You will survive with that somehow.

Here, stock Uldir armor for casters. Totally cloth there m8.

OoOOOooOooolo U KAen'T WEarZ PlAtEZ wuT U DO??? Blizzed HOW DARES UUU???
    That was the game designer decision of making ONE set with plate showing up.
    You can now wear one particularly themed plate set and that was the designer choice.

Try fight the good fight though.

Make a post everyday telling us why mages should wear plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Even back before transmog, I wore old sets while AFKing in a town because I liked them.
    My responsibility isn't to entertain others.

Nope, your responsibility is to play a game with others since it isn't a single-player game. You believe you're entitled to the removal of depth within said game for others for selfish reasons, and I do not.

Nope, your responsibility is to play a game with others since it isn't a single-player game. You believe you're entitled to the removal of depth within said game for others for selfish reasons, and I do not.
    No, YOU believe you are entitled to tell others what to wear just because you want them to.
    If you want a game like that, Sims exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    That was the game designer decision of making ONE set with plate showing up.
    You can now wear one particularly themed plate set and that was the designer choice.

Try fight the good fight though.

Make a post everyday telling us why mages should wear plate.
    One? Kekw... you must be blind boy, there are at least 5 different sets for clothies with varying levels of metal all over the place.

You have no clue. A bunch of Warlock tiers have metal and literal plate all over, like Shadow Council.

OoOoOooo plx HALP metal plates on cloth tier sets QQ!

No, YOU believe you are entitled to tell others what to wear just because you want them to.
    Ironic that the person defending "playing dress-up" is trying to tell me I want to play sims.

I believe I am entitled to a competitive environment when I play a game, yes you're correct. It is the reason I don't play retail anymore. Transmog isn't the only reason, just one of many that removes depth from the game for casual reasons.

World building, RPG, immersion, whats that?

The players asking to lift all the restrictions are also entitled. Wrong?

Ironic that the person defending "playing dress-up" is trying to tell me I want to play sims.
    Not exactly, because I'm fine with dressing up my own character, I don't want to control what everyone wears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Armor type agnosticism next!
    That would be amazing. I have an amazing-looking circlet-like headpiece but I can't transmog it
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Not exactly, because I'm fine with dressing up my own character, I don't want to control what everyone wears.
    Despite it having a real effect on others. You're still controlling how others experience the game. That is what you continually fail to grasp, while taking the single-player mentality.

Despite it having a real effect on others.
    If anyone gets upset by my transmog, I say good riddance, the game is probably better off without them.

7+ Year Old Account
    isn't even gone far yet, there is much more they can do

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Transmog has definitely helped neuter the relevance of gear, but so does the modern diablo 3 gearing systems so they go hand in hand

I can’t name a single piece of gear I’ve gotten in retail in 2 expacs cuz the first thing you do is transmog it, but I can name every piece of gear in classic I’ve earned.

I don’t know how they can with multiple tiers and transmog but they gotta fine a way to make gear actually matter again
    I'd argue that it all went out the window with TBC, when expansions started making all previous top tier gear obsolete and replacing epic set pieces with greens. I too can name almost all the sets from vanilla (at least for the classes I played at the time), but I couldn't name a single one from TBC onward (it's just T6, T10, SoO set, etc).

People like to complain that this is a modern thing. It's not. Maybe for those who came to the raiding scene late it might feel that way, but I knew what it felt like to replace epics as early as vanilla. This game has been around for over 15 years now and at no point has any piece of gear been relevant for more than a couple years (mostly thanks to content droughts). Your join date is 2009, this shouldn't be anything new to you.

Gear is still relevant in so far as upgrades increase your character's power. Whether you're replacing your gear within one month of six months is irrelevant. It's all going to be replaced anyway with the way this game works (and has worked since the beginning).

If anyone gets upset by my transmog, I say good riddance, the game is probably better off without them.
    Yeah, I'm sure you do. Which is why all that's left on retail are people who love transmog and playing pet battles.

You got your wish, all the people you think are bad for the game have left leaving a shell of a real game left.

Yeah, I'm sure you do. Which is why all that's left on retail are people who love transmog and playing pet battles.

You got your wish, all the people you think are bad for the game have left leaving a shell of a real game left.
    Yeah, that's why the game is still the biggest MMO on the market and Mythic raiding is pretty neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    isn't even gone far yet, there is much more they can do
    I think they should further relax weapon mogging rules for one. Then I'd say it would be fine for classes to mog within one step of native armor type too, because you have almost every major lore character doing that as is and sometimes even whole jump like Golden Boy.

Considering 90% of posts here are "they need to go one step further! We need more"

Is funny when they call us "entitled" for wanting some restrictions...

Yeah, that's why the game is still the biggest MMO on the market and Mythic raiding is pretty neat.
    And why there are more classic raid logs than retail ones currently, and why subs have never been lower.

And why there are more classic raid logs than retail ones currently, and why subs have never been lower.
    Ah, you're one of those who quote warcraft logs without having a clue why it is not accurate.
    Also, got source for that sub number?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Considering 90% of posts here are "they need to go one step further! We need more"

Is funny when they call us "entitled" for wanting some restrictions...
    if you want more restriction, restrict your own options for you, don't try to force that crap on me