Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Stay the fuck away from my mogs you style-hating troglodyte.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Items lose personal value without transmog. That armor set from last expansion? It sits in a bank, never to be seen or used. Hell, that really cool sword from just last patch? Yup. Bank trash.

Transmog gives items longevity. If you have great memories about struggling and fighting for a piece of gear, you know that you can carry the look of that gear forward as long as you like. It isn't just gone, to be replaced by a green come next expansion.

Transmog doesn't diminish your accomplishments or treasures, it enhances them. It lets you keep them around.
    Last edited by jellmoo; 2020-05-26 at 04:27 AM.

I value transmog more than whatever we lost from its introduction. It's great being able to have my characters look the way I want independent of whether I'm questing or raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    While that IS indeed a downside, the ability to customize your character to look how you want and the creation of incentive to do old content outweighs that negative.

They hated OP because he told the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    They hated OP because he told the truth.
    Nope. They scoffed at OP's post because there is no real downside to transmog.

Definitely too far...o wait;

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexSignal View Post
    This worrying about the "overall health" of the game is just silly. There's absolutely no way to measure any of that. Might as well say "I don't like transmorg, I think it should be restricted".

Personally I like transmorg. Good mog = at least +2k dps.
    Yeah, if you think about it the only party "losing" possible engagement and money is Blizzard

This makes transmog more player-friendly.

Oh another party possibly "losing" are "snowflakes"...which is a bad word to use and a social label...but oh well.
    Im a snowflake btw.

There isn't a problem to begin with. It's only with players that have heirlooms. You wouldn't constantly retransmogrify your gear if you replace it constantly.

Heirlooms look crap, I rather look somewhat acceptable.

But complaining about looking full epic armored at low level but ignoring that you can look absolutely ridiculous on max level.

Yeah I can be a rather ugly female topless orc warrior with a bikini beating the crap out of Nzoth with a fish/mug/shovel whatever. And I love the game for it.

Wow, another thread about a guy who misses having prestige.

It'd be easier if you guys just started saying you miss feeling special for putting more time in than other people. Then we can get right to the core of what the issue really is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    did we loose something without even realizing it?
    No. Mounts have just trade places with "Shoulders" as the elitism standard. Its not like it matters much with modern addons anyways because no one would care if you had that high end model on your gear if the raiderio and previous iterations didn't match up. And like I said mounts took the place of the "high end" reward. And are quite frankly more noticeable then the gear.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post

It'd be easier if you guys just started saying you miss feeling special for putting more time in than other people. Then we can get right to the core of what the issue really is.
    The sad thing is, Blizzard caved in and gave them the opportunity to feel that way again with Classic, but it's not enough since Classic servers are now ghost towns. They got to come back to Retail to try to change it to Classic.

is it good for the overall health of the game if everyone "appears" to be completey epiced out with shiny looking gear?

while it gives a lot of customization with how your gear looks, i can't help but feel a little that we lost something when i see a level 24 with all these crazy high end transmog on his gear.

should we have placed more restrictions on it?
    Mind your fucking business.

It hasnt gone far ENOUGH! I want more detailed transmogging in the future, being able to dye & paint specific pieces etc.

is it good for the overall health of the game if everyone "appears" to be completey epiced out with shiny looking gear?

while it gives a lot of customization with how your gear looks, i can't help but feel a little that we lost something when i see a level 24 with all these crazy high end transmog on his gear.

Its purely cosmetic. It doesn't make you play better at all nor give you extra abilities. Want to dress their characters that is their business and doesn't impact anyone else around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post

It would be better if they admitted to themselves that they can only enjoy something when other people can't have it. Then see a therapist. That shit 'aint healthy.

Any level 10 can mog any armour or weapon in the game apart from those in shadowlands when shadowlands releases. Just FYI. But yeah my opinion on the thread is you should have your toon look however you want. People with a problem with it can suck a hairy bean bag

No, and in fact I think it's still far too limited. Shadowlands is the first time we're seeing a serious update to character customization and it's taken them long enough.

Transmog limitations really serve no purpose. People will look silly if they want to, or serious if they want to. After they released that Yeti PJ transmog I don't think there's any other combination of gear that could look less serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevryn View Post
    Any level 10 can mog any armour or weapon in the game apart from those in shadowlands when shadowlands releases. Just FYI. But yeah my opinion on the thread is you should have your toon look however you want. People with a problem with it can suck a hairy bean bag
    This is entirely correct. Well, I'm not sure that insults are needed for those who disagree with an opinion, but last I read they are changing the restrictions. Considering how leveling is changing, it makes sense. Would be weird to finish wrath but not be able to xmog wrath items.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-05-26 at 05:26 AM.

IF transmog has gone to far it did so ages ago. We are far beyond a point of no return now and it makes no sense to begin introducing restrictions in 2020 after we have already had transmog for many years. Transmog is a part of the game and it has been for a long time. Should transmog never have been implemented? Maybe.. you can definitely argue that’s bad. But the fact is that it WAS implemented and it is way too late to change that now.