Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wish we could get some high definition reworks of the classic dungeon and Tier sets.

Personally I feel that the vast majority of armor sets released since TBC have been either mediocre or ugly, with a few outstanding exceptions. I remember seeing my brothers hunter decked out in full tier two back in the day and being so impressed I immediately rolled a hunter, which I still play today.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post

You have some problem with cosplay? Are children not allowed to wear nice clothes for some strange reason?
    come now, you dont want to imply too much logic into this thread or someone will accuse you of witchcraft.

joking aside, why do wow players always want to shoot themselves in the foot and make themselves handicapped and making game miserable for everyone else.

Transmog has definitely helped neuter the relevance of gear, but so does the modern diablo 3 gearing systems so they go hand in hand

I can’t name a single piece of gear I’ve gotten in retail in 2 expacs cuz the first thing you do is transmog it, but I can name every piece of gear in classic I’ve earned.

I don’t know how they can with multiple tiers and transmog but they gotta fine a way to make gear actually matter again

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    It's almost as if you still have to actually kill those endbosses and earn that prestige first before you're able to show it off on whatever character you want to.
    he also doesnt take into account that what if I want to RP my alt to be a let say rich son of my main character? is it less RP element if I do that? is that against the rules?

Nop, transmog in fact saved the game for many people. On RP realms before transmog it was a pain to keep different sets in your inventory, now it's really easy. In fact we need less transmog restrictions.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    While I don't agree with the OP it's pretty silly to use real life as a comparison for a video game.
    What is silly, is your inability to comprehend. To think, I compared a game with another type of game..... What's tough about seeing something in a CHAMPIONSHIP GAME that was made for that specific game, and then seeing people wearing it outside of that realm? Was it because I used Jordan shoes as an example.... Let me put it into 'video game' words for you.

Look, someone is wearing something you could only get if AT ONE TIME was only for top end raiders. Now I see people outside that realm of top-end raiding, wearing it on low levels.

You really need to go back to English class and learn about compare and contrasting concepts.

Here is how I would title the thread for example in the case of a basketball game...... "Has the NBA gone too far by allowing people to wear their attire who don't play in the NBA?'

Let me know if you still need your hand held through this. I'll lead you along.
    Last edited by scelero; 2020-05-26 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustMYchanges View Post
    Go play classic if you want everyone to look like 4 pixels worth of shit.

/thread
    Exactly they gave the purist crowd classic but from the sounds of it a lot of guilds etc in classic are dying due to folks not logging on to that shitfest anymore

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    What is silly, is your inability to comprehend. To think, I compared a game with another type of game..... What's tough about seeing something in a CHAMPIONSHIP GAME that was made for that specific game, and then seeing people wearing it outside of that realm? Was it because I used Jordan shoes as an example.... Let me put it into 'video game' words for you.

Look, someone is wearing something you could only get if AT ONE TIME was only for top end raiders. Now I see people outside that realm of top-end raiding, wearing it on low levels.

You really need to go back to English class and learn about compare and contrasting concepts.

Here is how I would title the thread for example in the case of a basketball game...... "Has the NBA gone too far by allowing people who don't play basketball, wear their attire?'

Let me know if you still need your hand held through this. I'll lead you along.
    Christ, when your idea is questioned why is your first instinct is to insult the other party?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

7+ Year Old Account
    Lol, absolutely not.

If anything Transmog hasn't gone far enough.

Formerly known as Arafal

wow, how insecure are people to go after transmog?

Lmao.

Transmog gone too far?

Seriously?

This guy XD

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Enz0 View Post
    Transmog takes some important RPG elements out of the game. There is a reason weapons and armor are designed to look shabby early on and really cool once you kill the end bosses. Not only is it a sign of prestige to have the cool looking gear, but it allows players to make a judgement on how well a player will perform just by looking at a character. I know it is an unpopular opinion, but I believe transmog hurts the game, and I also understand it isn't going to be taken away or scaled back so I just accept it.
    Quite the contrary; it adds some major RPG elements to the game, by allowing your character to look like whatever you want instead of generic raid-tier champion. Want to roleplay as an orc shaman, but your armor makes you look like a fel-infused alchemist with a monocle? Mog it! The idea of prestige and the judgement of other payers is basically the opposite of ROLEPLAYING (you know, the R in RPG).

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Does anyone even care about being able to mog the shoulders individually?

I'm a huge fan of transmog, and I just can't figure out why would I even want to have different shoulders or just one shoulder.

If you have 2 different looking shoulder that however share a color scheme, you could make a sick looking transmog by combining the 2 different models.
    And having one shoulder be naked, has huge potential for classes like hunter, rogues or warriors.

People love that shit, there people are hyped about that shit.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    WoW has his own thing going on.

But...now that i think about it...is probably the only game where "looks" are like whatever and in other games you have to PAY to look good.

To a new player though? He will probably get really excited about it while his collection is...crappy for a while at least
    You should think about it some more then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    is it good for the overall health of the game if everyone "appears" to be completey epiced out with shiny looking gear?

while it gives a lot of customization with how your gear looks, i can't help but feel a little that we lost something when i see a level 24 with all these crazy high end transmog on his gear.

did we loose something without even realizing it?

should we have placed more restrictions on it?
    There is classic for you, where you can wear all the missmatched gear including a nice girly dress as a battle-hardened Paladin who raided the Molten Core and Blackwing Lair.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    That's no longer the case and hasn't been for a while. A level 24 can use raid armour from vanilla raids, so a level 15 paladin can wear the T2 Judgment set provided they're wearing green items in the slots they want to mog. They also changed it ages ago so that you can only use the Trial of Valour sets once you unlock Legion sets at level 100.

Mogs are unlocked with their corresponding level brackets. So level 1-60 players can wear mogs from level 60 content and lower for example.
    I am soooooo out of the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    That's no longer the case and hasn't been for a while. A level 24 can use raid armour from vanilla raids, so a level 15 paladin can wear the T2 Judgment set provided they're wearing green items in the slots they want to mog. They also changed it ages ago so that you can only use the Trial of Valour sets once you unlock Legion sets at level 100.

Mogs are unlocked with their corresponding level brackets. So level 1-60 players can wear mogs from level 60 content and lower for example.
    Which is quite fitting though. I mean, lots of 1-60 quests and updated dungeonhs are more complex and in the case of dungeons actually harder than the entire blackwing lair raid, so everyone managing to level it has earned that set more than classic t2 heroes.

wow has gone too far in general. you want to be loading up classic.

Quote Originally Posted by chilipopper View Post
    wow has gone too far in general. you want to be loading up classic.
    It lost its rpg status back when classes suddenly could use spells and abilities all the time instead of being able to cast like 3 spells and then having to sit down on a camp fire, eat something and tell your stories to fellow adventurers before going to sleep and being able to cast 3 different spells again the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Back when I was still active (end of Legion) mage was my main too. Robless sets was my transmog specialty
    You can build some really nice plate-like sets with the Uldir sets.