Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    Let's be honest, most of us will take what the top theorycrafters from altered time will say is the best.
    Special mention to Ventyr witch will most likely be BIS for m+

I've examined all the actuel souldbinds and I think that Kyrian souldbind for dps is the best of them all, but my blanket math is terrible so I could be wrong

If they stop or fix ventyr teleport in m+ I will personaly go Kyrian, the spark looks half decent and the souldbinds look good
    Is there a DB somewhere to check out the soulbinds? I know the conduits are nuts, but haven't been able to see which bind offers what yet.

Okay playing around with the soulbind calc...why would any Mage not go Venthyr for Nadja? Her abilities and conduits are actually DPS oriented.
    Last edited by Swizzle; 2020-07-25 at 12:25 AM.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Is there a DB somewhere to check out the soulbinds? I know the conduits are nuts, but haven't been able to see which bind offers what yet.

Okay playing around with the soulbind calc...why would any Mage not go Venthyr for Nadja? Her abilities and conduits are actually DPS oriented.

You're absolutely right, but with Kyrian you get an actuel useful ability (for PvE), and Pelagos gives 5% versa and 5% mastery, that's pretty good

We'll almost certainly see changes, but just going from right now the covenant is pretty much going to lock you into a spec. The necrolord is just far and away the best for Arcane yet nearly useless for the other two.

Night Fae for Frostfire Weave Arcane.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 1/6/7 | TPR: 0.5/4.5/5
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    You're absolutely right, but with Kyrian you get an actuel useful ability (for PvE), and Pelagos gives 5% versa and 5% mastery, that's pretty good
    Kyrian gives you one useful PvE ability, as does Venthyr, and I'd wager Venthyr's will be more important for boss encounters and M+. Both covenants also give one basically dead ability, so it breaks even. In any case, there's still a chance for Mirrors to get fixed, but even without it the soulbind trees for Kyrian has so much bloat and healing focus that any DPS gained from Radiant Spark could be made up through just having Nadja.
    BfA Beta Time

Has the Mage community come to a consensus what covenant is best for raids/M+/PVP?

For me I think Necrolord will be nice for Frost. Deathborne lines up with Icy Veins, and Frost already looking like it will be a monster for cleave fights/M+. The only issue I have with Necrolord is that their conduits/soulbinds look like complete ass for DPS.

Now on the other hand. I'm not a big fan of the Night Fae class ability for mages, but I do think their conduits/soulbinds are looking really good for DPS. Plus the Night Fae covenant ability looking cool as well.

So I'm kind of torn between the two on which I will pick for my Frost Mage. I will look more into the Kyrian stuff later, but my first glance at it didn't really impress me.

Thematically, the Kyrians' Radiant Spark fits very nicely with my Arcane mage. The thing is, I'm not too sure I want to spend the next two years in a HoV 2.0, full of goody goody owlbois and blue humans
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuser
    we created a story structure for Sylvanas that, on the surface, echoed many broad strokes of the road Garrosh took (...). These parallels were intentional. But it's within the nuance that we sought to show the story grow and change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    BFA was about as nuanced as a golf club to the testicles/ovaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Thematically, the Kyrians' Radiant Spark fits very nicely with my Arcane mage. The thing is, I'm not too sure I want to spend the next two years in a HoV 2.0, full of goody goody owlbois and blue humans
    According to Preach, Venthyr is not as useful as previously thought (removal of instant conduit and not really any way to cheese a dungeon), and Kyrian's ability is looking better and better; the raid and some dungeons are nuts full of bleeds and various debuffs that the vial removes