LastLast
    One mage - Necrolord
    Second Mage - Venthyr

Why? Because cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    One mage - Necrolord
    Second Mage - Venthyr

Why? Because cool.
    Yeah am seriously considering leveling a 4th Mage to max level to get all covenants. So when they nerf and buff the covenants mid expansion I already have an alt Mage with the FotM Covenant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Yeah am seriously considering leveling a 4th Mage to max level to get all covenants. So when they nerf and buff the covenants mid expansion I already have an alt Mage with the FotM Covenant.
    I really hope it doesn't end up like that, even though it will probably end up like that.

To answer the original question though, the Kyrian Radiant Spark looks like the most interactive and versatile of the four options, but Necrolord looks the coolest.

I will probably be going Kyrian.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    This of course... the other three are just damage spells, this one makes you a skeletal mage.

What could be more awesome than that
    I'm already a zombie mage this just completes the process I guess.

Honestly I don't really like any of them. I'm choosing the covenant I like best based on lore and aesthetics. I'll just learn to use whichever ability I end up with.
    Last edited by Amsden; 2020-07-09 at 05:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    After playing around on the Alpha, I've come to really like Shifting Power as Arcane. Every 45 seconds you get 12 seconds off your mage CDs. That's 48 seconds off Arcane Power. That's ~30 seconds off Mirror Images. Rune of power and Touch of the Magi go down to being 33 second cooldowns. Presence of mind becomes a 48 second cooldown. Situational abilities like your barriers, greater invis alter time, blink and Iceblock all benefit if they're on CD. Certain legendaries can benefit too, for example the one that allows you to timewarp with exhaustion on? That 5min cd now is ~75 seconds shorter. Arcane has to be in melee to AoE as it is, so sure the short range channel on it sucks, but since Arcane is very cooldown based, its satisfying seeing all the cooldown numbers on your bar decrease significantly across many skills.

Venthyr for sure. Kyrian might just be invaluable for that PvP burst but I love mobility too much to pass on the vampy-bois. Also, the mirrors might be nifty for PvP.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    None of them looks good for GS frost mage. And im being very generous here, tbh they feel like shit.
    Kyrian: Radiant Spark: stacks eaten by everything and Blizzard haven't addressed this at all. Doubt they will.
    Venthyr: Mirrors of Torment PvP only, useless in PvE.
    Necrolord: Deathborne. Frostbolt damage? Yea, lol.
    Night Fae: Shifting Power Maybe, but 6 second channel...

I really hope Blizzard will see this problem and adjust accordingly. I know they have a lot on their plate, but at this moment I feel my frost mage not getting any benefits from Covenant.

They’re all shit :/ Night Fae is the most interesting to me given it’s flashy art. Kyrian is suuuuuper boring.
    Mighty one, never forget.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreo View Post
    None of them looks good for GS frost mage.
    Necrolord: Deathborne. Frostbolt damage? Yea, lol.
    Wouldn't increased Frostbolt damage lead to higher GS? Especially when mixed with 10% increased spellpower?
    BfA Beta Time

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Wouldn't increased Frostbolt damage lead to higher GS? Especially when mixed with 10% increased spellpower?
    How frostbolt damage would increase in higher GS? It's just a filler to get us stacks. Unless they rework how GS operates, i don't see benefits from it to GS.
    As for 10% spellpower is nice benefit, but it's like getting small slice of the cake while other stuffing their faces with chocolate goodness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreo View Post
    How frostbolt damage would increase in higher GS? It's just a filler to get us stacks. Unless they rework how GS operates, i don't see benefits from it to GS.
    As for 10% spellpower is nice benefit, but it's like getting small slice of the cake while other stuffing their faces with chocolate goodness.
    Uhh, unless something got changed, aren't Icicles a percentage of FROSTBOLT damage? Ergo, higher Frostbolt damage, higher icicles, higher GS? Maybe I'm stupid, who knows.
    BfA Beta Time

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Uhh, unless something got changed, aren't Icicles a percentage of FROSTBOLT damage? Ergo, higher Frostbolt damage, higher icicles, higher GS? Maybe I'm stupid, who knows.
    Nope, frostbolt gives you an icicle aka stack. It's nothing but a filler. With high mastery tho GS are really nice, with 64% i see up to 900k+ GS, this is why i love frost.

Icicle damage got changed in BFA to only scale with mastery and spellpower, to avoid the double-dipping exploit we had in previous expansions

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post
    Icicle damage got changed in BFA to only scale with mastery and spellpower, to avoid the double-dipping exploit we had in previous expansions
    Yeah, I went and double-checked my Mage. You can tell when I stopped playing Frost I guess. I somewhat wish they would rework Frost's Mastery to be something new or what it was in Cata/start of MoP. Maybe Icicles could just be a part of Glacial Spike itself and not a mechanic you either play around or completely ignore.
    BfA Beta Time

The Kyrian and Night Fae seem to be the ones that are actually useful, especially if you can squeeze an extra cooldown into a fight with Shifting power.

The Venthyr one they need to change the trigger effect on, maybe it could work off damage the target does to you like a monk's Touch of Death. Most raids have enough survivable raid damage to get some use out of that.

Necrolord cleave is too niche, maybe it could have a secondary effect if there is no cleave target. Also Arcane Blast is not a filler spell, maybe change that to Arcane Missiles?

Necrolord looks pretty swish, mostly on Arcane though

Venthyr for sure - you can turn DoS into an AOE disorient or instant and there is a conduit which gives you 30% spell power for 10 sec with the covenant ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's be honest, most of us will take what the top theorycrafters from altered time will say is the best.
    Special mention to Ventyr witch will most likely be BIS for m+

I've examined all the actuel souldbinds and I think that Kyrian souldbind for dps is the best of them all, but my blanket math is terrible so I could be wrong

If they stop or fix ventyr teleport in m+ I will personaly go Kyrian, the spark looks half decent and the souldbinds look good
    Last edited by Torian kel; 2020-07-22 at 12:18 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    Let's be honest, most of us will take what the top theorycrafters from altered time will say is the best.
    Special mention to Ventyr witch will most likely be BIS for m+

I've examined all the actuel souldbinds and I think that Kyrian souldbind for dps is the best of them all, but my blanket math is terrible so I could be wrong

If they stop or fix ventyr teleport in m+ I will personaly go Kyrian, the spark looks half decent and the souldbinds look good
    Is there a DB somewhere to check out the soulbinds? I know the conduits are nuts, but haven't been able to see which bind offers what yet.

Okay playing around with the soulbind calc...why would any Mage not go Venthyr for Nadja? Her abilities and conduits are actually DPS oriented.
    Last edited by Swizzle; 2020-07-25 at 12:25 AM.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a DB somewhere to check out the soulbinds? I know the conduits are nuts, but haven't been able to see which bind offers what yet.

Okay playing around with the soulbind calc...why would any Mage not go Venthyr for Nadja? Her abilities and conduits are actually DPS oriented.

You're absolutely right, but with Kyrian you get an actuel useful ability (for PvE), and Pelagos gives 5% versa and 5% mastery, that's pretty good