Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Don't think that many people care anymore mounts have lost so much value these days

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Could be tons of explanations....I bet ppl analysing data would have a field day with this.

    Example: I decided to not buy the brutosaur mount (though I had six million gold) and rather use it on tokens, the spider and stuff like the frogs etc to bump my count towards 400 mounts. I just don't need a mobile AH, I do it the old fashion way with a bank mule and I rather show off my Nazjatar crab or Junkheap Drifter.

    But that is besides the point....there really are very few ppl with enough gold from what your data shoes...which is what I expected...well...4% having the bruto is actually indeed more than I thought. (then again it is 1,4% on another site) Could ofc be that the more dedicated players log in and upload to wowhead. Hell..even I don't and I consider myself dedicated.

    Like when MMO C did a survey on how much gold ppl had or what achievements ppl had completed vs some "normal" survey...this site here has the absolutely more dedicated ppl. When 25% had flying unlocked overall in Legion according to a "normal" survey...it was 50% of the MMO C ppl who had it
    I don't need the AH either, I just like the mount (troll main, like I said).

    I think wowhead is only counting ppl who are signed up with them, so their numbers are higher than reality, but are still relevant relative to each other. At the same time, the graphs numbers should be lower because they only counted up to 8.2 (but they should be pretty accurate when it comes to older mounts). Mmo-champ should also be heavily skewed towards people who are informed and invested in the game.

    I think what the numbers show is that on average relatively few people are interested in buying gold sink mounts with no other functionality, even when they have cool models like the frogs (even the 70k faction flying mounts are pretty rare, at 5% on wowhead, just 1% more than brutosaur). Hard to tell now how many people bought the bruto for the AH and how many got it because it was getting removed, but if we're looking at older mounts comparing functionality vs unique looks at more or less the same price, 53% of wowhead profiles have the Grand Expedition Yak and only 15% have the alliance treadblade. Even if you double that assuming Horde mains wouldn't buy it, it's still 53 to 30.

    I also found an older thread about people who have more than 1 million gold which should be pretty interesting. Haven't had the chance to read it all yet, might do so tomorrow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgran View Post
    With the exeption of capping 6 chars for islands every week since 8.3 and I do the 8.3 assaults on those 6 characters, the rest I only do on one of them, and I just checked, I have 76 days /played since I capped that character back in 2018.
    There you go, I only have 36 days /played at 120 on my main, and I didn't take that many breaks, maybe a couple of months overall (and a chunk of that time was spent camping Sha, Oondasta, Arachnoid Harvester and other rares, where I'm basically tabbed out working or doing stuff around the house). If you're saying most of your max level play time was done since September 2019, that means you're averaging almost 7 hours/day on your main alone, not 2-4 overall. With islands and assaults on 5 other chars (sometimes I was even skipping them on my main, lol xD), it adds up to a nice seven out of seven full time job. Now, I'm not judging, but you certainly can't tell me I'm not doing enough with my time.

    And by the way, you listed a lot of the things you do, but you didn't say how exactly you get those 17k/day within such "little" time (although if you dedicate 3 hours per day to it, I already know you can even do it with raw farming).
    Last edited by Coconut; 2020-05-26 at 11:56 PM.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    snip
    Excellent post, thank you for taking the time to write it.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Man, you must really have some very strong feelings about this to have written so much
    Well, I do like this model and I want one, what can I say. Don't much care about the other bullshit orbiting around it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Yeah I did raid HC Ny'alotha regularly, with even some entry level mythic bosses. Sold a couple BoEs but not for very much, because my realm is a low pop realm too. I probably got like 300k-400k in total from raid boes. Believe it or not, I probably made far more from a 2x4 Uldum mount/trash farm (even without getting the mount), and that's certainly something pretty much anyone can do without progress in PvE. But agreed, like you said, it doesn't really matter how you or I make money. What matters though is that you can certainly earn 5 mill gold in 1,5 - 2 years, or whatever the time window was when they announced that Brutosaur will be removed.
    They announced it in late November 2019 (November 20sth) and it's likely going away with the prepatch, not the release, so it will be a year at most, depending on release date. According to my initial calculations, farming the gold was going to take at least 400 hours, 1,000 at worst. As I replied to another player, I currently have ~ 870 hours /played on my main at level 120. Counting my alts, I may have 1,400, but a big chunk of that was spent camping rares and world bosses while doing other stuff, so not really active play.

    Having to reassign between 40% and ALL of my play time to farming gold for a whole year on short notice in order to get this mount is not what I consider reasonable. Even 15-20% wouldn't be reasonable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Again, my personal opinion doesn't really matter because Blizzard has a set course of action decided, and they won't change it, because not enough people care about that in whichever direction. I never said I want to deny anyone anything. If it were up to me I would not discontinue the Brutosaur and just left it there on a vendor forever. I just said I'd prefer not to have other mounts with the same model - and I believe that should be the case for all high profile mounts. Again it is not, and there's a possibility that we will see more Brutosaurs.
    Agreed about leaving it on the vendor, strongly disagree about mounts - high profile or otherwise - being restricted to a singer color. Regardless of the current discussion, if a recolor of that model exists, especially when you can encounter it out in the world, it is a waste and a shame not to make it available to players. The world feels more immersive when you can mount the same type of creature as the guy across the mailbox and not look exactly the same. It's also nice to have options based on your own preferences instead of being restricted to the color a random developer liked best.

    In some specific cases, sure, I can agree with you. Jaina's mythic mount for example is a water elemental with an iconic color palette. You can't have a lot of variation on that concept without making it look weird, so it should probably stay unique. Ditto for the Felsteel Annihilator and the Lightforged Warframe, they have a certain flavor in lore, there's probably no point in making a red annihilator or a pink warframe just for the fuck of it. I can also agree when the variations are small (with some exceptions). If you have a grey boar, you probably don't need a slightly darker grey boar. A brown boar, white boar and red boar, however, are fine and offer valuable customization options, just like a brown brutosaur would, since the creatures do populate the game after all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Agreed, I would also prefer not to have any discontinued items in the game. However, number one: our opinion probably won't change this, and number two: I feel like this is a completely separate issue to what we were originally discussing. I don't feel like recolors are an answer to some mount being discontinued, and I feel it's unfair for you to assume that I'm advocating for things being discontinued because I don't want recolors. These are two completely separate issues. If it were up to me, there would be no 2 same mount models in the game, but again, that's obviously not how it is.
    Personally, I would rather have a recolor than no mount at all, but like I said before, as a player focused on cosmetics and collecting, most of the time I do find a lot of value in recolors. In fact, there are many cases in which I think it is bloody stupid we don't have access to recolor, such as rylaks and grinning reavers. Particularly when said recolor is heavily featured in game as a flight path (white rylak in front of my garrison), mount of choice for a faction you interact with (yellow reavers for laughing skull) or has significant presence out in the world.

    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Now we're getting into one's approach to mount farming, which I also feel is a bit irrelevant. All I can say is that as a collector I don't look at mounts like that. For me the mount is first about its method of acquistion, and secondly about looks. Like I'm not gonna sit here satisfied because I have a blue infernal for 350 mounts when I'm still lacking both infernals from Gul dan. You obviously look at it from a different perspective and that's why you value the recolors so much.
    I do like my characters to have an identity, if only a visual one (I play on an RP realm but don't really RP). Having options when it comes to mounts helps a lot. Like I said before, when I choose, let's say, a raptor mount, because that's what a troll would ride, I don't want to look like every other player who uses a raptor, and here's where recolors help in adding some diversity.

    Ironically, I play my mage almost exclusively in arcane spec (last time I swapped was when I did towers, really xD), so I don't use the coldflame infernal on any char, it doesn't fit any of them. Good I got the classic green one recently.

    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I fully agree the mount should not have been discontinued. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by the shitty way of handling it. I think they just announced it and that was done. It would have been shitty if it happened 3 months before BfA's end. They gave us like 1,5 years - could have been better, but that's not that bad either.

    Here I have no idea what you mean. I don't think they turned off any gold making methods. Certainly not the ones I used / wanted to use. Maybe you could argue that the beginning of the expansion is better for farming, but you can also argue various other raid releases and patches make that easy too.
    The announcement followed a drastic change in gold acquisition. In other expansions, especially WoD and Legion, a good chunk of gold would come as a side bonus from regular activities. I could go out there and farm mounts and rep and still get some gold. In BFA, they changed that as early as 8.1. There are a lot of activities and places where you simply don't earn gold. On top of that, like I said before, I consider one year to be very short notice (I gave you my play numbers so I hope you understand why), especially after doing all in their power to tempt us into spending gold in the previous year. You had a different experience and different opportunities so you were able to deal with it as it was. I respect that, but I stand by my opinion. Since I always managed to buy all gold sinks within the expansion they were added in before, I don't think my expectations were out of place.

    As a side note, the "announcement" came as a CM reply in a thread opened by someone who had datamined the FoS on the 9.0.1 PTR. It's uncertain when exactly they were planning to tell us if people hadn't asked.

    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    YWe will never know if they actually planned all this in advance. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. I was in the same boat and also bought all those gold mounts, including the 500k Direhorn. The fact remains, that there was (is?) plenty of time left to farm the gold needed for the Brutosaur, even with some low effort methods.
    I keep hearing that, but the reality on my server is something else, and I can't help but think that people are grossly exaggerating, like that other poster who said they were only playing 2-4 hours per day but actually it turned out that it was 7. Not assuming any ill intent here, just a warped perspective.

    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    You can't really look at game content being introduced and say "okay, that was all added just to slow down my moneymaking methods". That's either going full tinfoil hat, or just being on a bit high of a horse thinking that the whole game is actually designed to get in your way. Island Expeditions were definitely a disaster since launch, fully agreed. But again, saying or even suggesting that this was done on purpose is going a bit too far.
    Some consideration towards what amounts to hundreds of hours required to farm that gold back, or at least towards the gold's monetary value in tokens (in my case of upwards of 200 euros) should have been shown, I don't think that is asking for too much. Certainly many players could have gotten more value for their gold had they been warned. As it was, we spent gold on something that will be devalued with inflation and missed out on something that will continue to grow in cost in the future, when the long-set expectation was that everything that was on a vendor would devalue equally and whatever we bought was a matter of choice. However you want to spin it, this was shitty.

    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The main way in which Brutosaur is different from the usual skill based mounts added to the game and discontinued....is that it's not skill based and can literally be farmed by anyone. It does however still require some work and commitment. Bummer I didn't read the whole post before replying to it, because I don't usually reply to people who use the term 'snowflake' unironically. Calling people snowflakes, while your 450/500 achievement thread is just a thinly veiled rant and plea for a mount recolor is pretty rich. It's not my fault that Blizzard decided to discontinue the mount, and frankly, asking for a mount recolor just because you can't be bothered to grind for it is what a real snowflake would do.
    Ditto for me and people getting easily offended. xD Whoever argues that they should be super special and unique is a snowflake, period. There's no better term for it. If you don't identify with that worldview, that's great, sorry I misunderstood. Otherwise don't get offended.

    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    In the end, it's not the end of the world. Nothing suggested the mount will get removed, but Blizzard decided otherwise. That's the end of the story. You can grind for the mount, or not grind for it. It's your decision. There's a good couple mounts I'll never get and I'm not begging for recolors of those mounts because of that. Now I will probably eventually get those, because that's how this game works, but it certainly won't make me feel as If I owned the original one.
    I'm not the one saying it's the end of the world. I argued against it at that time, like many many people did. I tried to figure out a way to get it, but realized it's not feasible, not if I wanted to actually play the game like it was intended and enjoy myself, and I accepted that.

    Now I made a thread about mount collecting achievements because that's my thing, I collect mounts, and naturally I'm suggesting a Brutosaur recolor as my first choice, not only because I personally want one, not only because I believe we are owed one by all laws of common decency, but because it honestly is the most appropriate choice from the entire gallery of unused mounts.

    The last thing I want is having Blizzard read these suggestion and somehow decide that players are opposed to the idea of a Brutosaur recolor because a bunch of armchair contrarians come here and piss their pants about how things aren't unique and special anymore (pardon my french) just for the sake of the argument. Don't want be a snowflake? Be supportive! 500 mounts is a huge milestone, dammit!*

    *I mean, if they give us some fresh models instead of a Brutosaur, all the better, provided they are of equal or greater quality and appeal... but just so you know in that case I'll be making a separate thread just about Horde and Alliance Brutosaurs! xD And also just so you know, I don't think any of the mounts revealed so far through Shadowlands datamining stands out as much as the Brutosaur. They're nice as covenant mounts, but they're missing that collection meta oomph.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Excellent post, thank you for taking the time to write it.
    Thank you for reading it, let's hope for the best!
    Last edited by Coconut; 2020-05-27 at 02:01 AM.

  5. #45
    Herald of the Titans TheWorkingTitle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,825
    Here's what I want for 450 and 500 mounts:


    450:






    500:

    You think you don't, but you do

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Here's what I want for 450 and 500 mounts:


    450:






    500:

    I respect your opinion, but I would certainly not want such ridiculously oudated models as rewards for 450 and 500 mount achievements. Sapphiron's model isn't just old, it's ancient, a relic of the past. I doubt a lot of people would want to fly around on a model as old as the original vanilla Naxxramas.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

  7. #47
    The carriages would be an azesome addition to the mounts. With freely chosen mounts to drag it.

    and... since we now have carriages, why not sleds? boats? rafts? Ballons with a dragon dragging it? What about

    The possibilitys are huge on this one. Do you want cats to drag it? Horses? bugs? Dragons? netherays? turtles? Want to mix stuff up?
    2 mounts dragging it? 4? 6? 8?

    want to recreate santas reindeers and sled? Want to come in with 8 valkyries dragging you throu the air while blasting "ride of teh valkyries" on max volume? YES, I FUCKING DO!

    THE SKY IS LITTERALY THE LIMIT
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2020-05-27 at 06:57 AM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

  8. #48
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    34,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    The carriages would be an azesome addition to the mounts.
    Indeed. Worgen should have had it as racial - and weren't Vulpera supposed to have a caravan at first? Probably too good and Blizzard saves it for something "special"

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I respect your opinion, but I would certainly not want such ridiculously oudated models as rewards for 450 and 500 mount achievements. Sapphiron's model isn't just old, it's ancient, a relic of the past. I doubt a lot of people would want to fly around on a model as old as the original vanilla Naxxramas.
    Well...obviously we would like to have an updated version (cue: "Waste of dev time") but other than that, I think the WotLK frostwyrms already fill that niche of undead dragons

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Indeed. Worgen should have had it as racial - and weren't Vulpera supposed to have a caravan at first? Probably too good and Blizzard saves it for something "special"

    - - - Updated - - -



    Well...obviously we would like to have an updated version (cue: "Waste of dev time") but other than that, I think the WotLK frostwyrms already fill that niche of undead dragons
    Like you said, the frostbrood from ICC fill that niche nicely and we already have a modern take on an infinite drake from timewalking (even if it's a hellish grind).

    One thing I just thought of that could be cool would be a modern day spectral tiger using the same spectral look as the Spectral Pterrorwing applied to a modern nightsaber model.

    It doesn't even have to be a tiger either, I'd frankly love to see modern spectral versions of all kinds of mounts and it'd go well with the theme of SL anyway, so it's a perfect time to introduce it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

  10. #50
    Bloodsail Admiral Zephire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Life
    Posts
    1,197
    Maybe a Brutosaurus without AH? I mean, the green one with AH would still be clearly visable and noticable as a status symbol, no?

    I like your sugguestions, OP.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    There you go, I only have 36 days /played at 120 on my main, and I didn't take that many breaks, maybe a couple of months overall (and a chunk of that time was spent camping Sha, Oondasta, Arachnoid Harvester and other rares, where I'm basically tabbed out working or doing stuff around the house). If you're saying most of your max level play time was done since September 2019, that means you're averaging almost 7 hours/day on your main alone, not 2-4 overall. With islands and assaults on 5 other chars (sometimes I was even skipping them on my main, lol xD), it adds up to a nice seven out of seven full time job. Now, I'm not judging, but you certainly can't tell me I'm not doing enough with my time.

    And by the way, you listed a lot of the things you do, but you didn't say how exactly you get those 17k/day within such "little" time (although if you dedicate 3 hours per day to it, I already know you can even do it with raw farming).
    I wouldn't reach 7 hours/played average per day if none of the /played time was before september, but I like that "most of" equals to "all of" and in that case, how 6.75 is "almost 7 hours". I will give you a handout though.
    I do the assaults which takes about 10 minutes, and I often do the world boss, so I'll add another 5 minutes. Over a week, that's 35 minutes. Capping island expeditions takes about 20 minutes, but I'll round up to 60 to make things easier (even if several characters do it faster), so that's 5 hours/week total on my alts, and 1 on my main. I've done that since february, and if I never missed a week since that, 102 hours over 4 months (4.25 days /played over 4 months).

    In theory, doing the assaults gives on average 1.000g per clear, and island expeditions gives a map that 25% of the time can give you a gold mission for 3.000g, so that averages out to 750g per cap, and I'd say you'll get one item you can put on AH on each island cap. I play a dead realm, most pets doesn't sell (and if they do, it's rarely above 50g), plundered weapons can sell for 200-300g, greens doesn't sell. I'd give you a hand and round that up to 1.000g per cap on average.
    So playing 1 hour of non farming, that's 4.000g per character for 1 hour play. You can't extend this time, as these are weekly limited things to do.
    Most weeks there's a 2.000g emissary reward up (right now there's 2! Goh Goh!), takes about 10 minutes per alt including travel time. Lets add another hour just for good measure.

    On my main I like to do WQs most days. In rewards alone, that's about 1500g per day on a good day. I do rep, gold, azerite and weapon WQs. Takes no more than an hour to do for Zuldazar, Kul'tiras, Nazjatar and Arathi/Darkshore. Often leads to a paragon chest every 2nd day on average. Add another 3.500-4.500g from that, so average about 2.000g/day, and in this example, lets say I do WQs every day the whole week.
    I'd also say I sell about 1.000-1.500g each day on AH. This from picking up pots on my alchemist main while doing WQ, selling random stuff I stumble over like cloth, or herbs I get from mission table. I'd say mission table also brings in 1.000-1.500g/week on my main from random missions.

    So far through a whole reset we're up at:
    5 alts = 6 hours ~30.000g
    main = 8 hours ~42.500g

    So for these things, I spend roughly 14 hours a week (average 2 hours per day), and earn about 72.500g (average ~10.350g per day). This is using the the higher end of time spent, and a quite fair average of gold income.
    Btw, this is not counting random vendor trash or smaller non-WQ rewards in assaults, or picking up a supply drop or whatever, so the gold income is highest, and time spent should be lower, but I am trying to give you extremes to see how this is easily done on a casual non-farming rate. To make up that extra missing gold for the average, use your imagination, but I'll give you a good example.
    Clear Hellfire Citadel on Normal/Heroic/Mythic. Takes about 20 minutes per clear and gives about 3.500g per clear in drops. So that's right above 10.000g for an hour of non-focused "farming".
    Oh, and in certain situations the gold income increases a lot, like before 8.3 when we could cap the necklace, you got gold for azerite. In world quest weeks, you get extra rep (and more paragon chests).

    I'd like if anyone could show me where this magical 3 hour/day "fulltime job" is. I'm in the marked!

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgran View Post
    I wouldn't reach 7 hours/played average per day if none of the /played time was before september, but I like that "most of" equals to "all of" and in that case, how 6.75 is "almost 7 hours". I will give you a handout though.
    Come on man, 6.75 is much closer to "almost 7" than it is to 2 or 4...

    That being said, I appreciate you taking the time to explain your methods. The numbers you're giving me line up with my own observations. Back in November when I started experimenting with gold making, I was getting close to 5,000 gold per hour from traditional farming - doing the gold world quests or grinding certain dungeons and raids. This number could spike a little bit in some instances, but not in a sustainable way (e.g. raids with weekly lockdown - HFC is closer to 30 minutes btw, especially if you count the travel time, but maybe you can do it in 20 with some classes and a well known route... maybe). Making use of my profession to farm zynathids would rake in a bit more (~ 8,000 per hour, maybe 9,000), but I soon hit the demand ceiling of my server (and I wasn't flooding the market, I was posting three stacks and only one or two would sell).

    Still, farming 5,000,000 gold at a rate of 5,000 gold per hour requires 1,000 hours /played, or 41.67 days. Like I told you in my previous comment, I have 36 days /played at lvl 120 on my main right now. Counting my alts, my total /played time for the expansion should be somewhere around 60 days over a period of 18 months, so an average of 40 days a year... which I still think is quite high, btw, much more than the average player - I am a high end collector with over 500 mounts and a fairly high content completion rate.

    This means that, worst case scenario, a player like me would have to dedicate THEIR ENTIRE PLAY TIME FOR A YEAR to collecting that gold. Which is why I believe with total clarity and firmness that the one year heads up was absolute BS. In my case, starting from 800K and assuming I would have been able to find a reliable farming strategy with a higher average, it would have been 500 or best case 400 hours, or 17-21 days /played, still a massive chunk of my planned game time...

    And please keep into perspective why I play the game: to relax and have fun. I need to do the things I enjoy in WoW in order to unwind after work, and farming gold quickly becomes a boring, repetitive chore. Sure, as a collector I am used to go outside of my comfort zone every now and then, not all mounts are fun to get, we all know that... but not for 40%-50% of the time during a whole year. That would defeat the purpose. You say you farm 3 hours a day, but you also play another 4 doing things you presumably enjoy (again, not judging, there were times when I also used to play more)... I only play 3 hours total, so if someone (*cough* Blizzard *cough*) told me I should spend them all farming gold to get one mount, well, I'd tell them to go eat a brutosaur dick.

  13. #53
    Scarab Lord crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    4,557
    First off, it can't be too unique because it would be unfair for everyone else. I'm down with it being a long neck as long as it doesn't have any vendors/AH on it.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Which is why I believe with total clarity and firmness that the one year heads up was absolute BS.
    Removing the mount is all BS all the way. I think it's really bad they're removing it, and roughly one year is not enough for the average player.
    I am so much against removing it, and if blizz said in shadowlands release that they're not removing mount anyway, I'd still be happy even if I've spent the last half a year with a more golden focus then usual.

    I can justify spending time in the game more than I can justify spending €500 to buy the gold.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonbrown View Post
    For better of for worse, The Brutosaur is a big status symbol to show off how rich you are (or were, before you bought it). If they made the model more accessible there would be a huge outcry and I can't say I would blame them.
    It would be like if they sold one of those insanely expensive cars, like a Bugatti or something, at your local Carmax.
    Yeah so 500 mounts is a WAYYYYY bigger accomplishment than 5M gold. I've been an avid active mount collector since they went Account wide, I do miss out on a few meta mounts but I'm at 483 as of today.

    Id argue that 500 mounts needs something with MORE status than the Bruto, though I do like the Bruto idea and would love for it to be that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Maybe a Brutosaurus without AH? I mean, the green one with AH would still be clearly visable and noticable as a status symbol, no?

    I like your sugguestions, OP.
    Yeah I don't give a flying fuck about the AH guy, to be clear.

  16. #56
    I just want it to fly...

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgran View Post
    Removing the mount is all BS all the way. I think it's really bad they're removing it, and roughly one year is not enough for the average player.
    I am so much against removing it, and if blizz said in shadowlands release that they're not removing mount anyway, I'd still be happy even if I've spent the last half a year with a more golden focus then usual.

    I can justify spending time in the game more than I can justify spending €500 to buy the gold.
    In that case, we are in agreement. Just to add a bonus piece of advice for your remaining million, I went back to HoF to retest it and I got ~ 1,500 gold on Heroic for a 10 minute run. Travel time should be considered as well, of course, but it's not that far from Vale, and if our speed difference is proportional (I did HFC in 28 minutes rather than your 20), it may even be the more efficient choice.

    That being said, I feel like I got too distracted from the purpose of this thread while perorating about the Brutosaur (it's a bit of a touchy subject xD). Apologies about that. The Giraffe posted by @Sentynel is pretty neat, though it might make a better vicious saddle mount and @Aphrel has some nice ideas for carriage mounts... maybe those will be the next step in mount cool factor. I will have to vote no for the older dragon models... they had their shot when we were brainstorming for 150 and 200, now they look ancient and we have better versions with the same theme (well, the newer undead dragon is only for DKs, but still).

    I will bring up another long-standing suggestion - Devilsaurs:




    These are some fantastic models from the MoP era that would probably make most mount collectors (and not only) melt if they were ever added. I think they would work just fine at the same length as the Clefthooves and the Brutosaur. Since the bulk of the model is high above ground, you wouldn't be able to cover mailboxes and NPCs with a Devilsaur. However, it would need a few tweaks if it were to be turned into a mount. One or more of the spikes on the back would have to be replaced with a saddle (the one used on direhorns should match, though I'm not sure how well the tints align). Equally importantly, although a lot less obvious, some work would have to be done on its headgear. The back side of the frill is blocky and lacking in texture, and while this is not noticeable from most angles, it unfortunately stands out like a sore thumb from the rider's perspective. It should probably be modified to mirror the front side.

    Of course, the big problem here is that I suggested yet another Troll mount (although you may notice the second model has some nice Alliance colors). xD It's hard for me to think of an equally epic mount for the Alliance, but suggestions are welcome.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gank Sinatra View Post
    I just want it to fly...
    Personally, I don't consider flying to be that important, because we won't be able to fly right away in Shadowlands and most people who will get these mounts early will be showing them off on the ground anyway. What matters is that they are cool (although it is a valid opinion, and perhaps one of them should fly).
    Last edited by Coconut; 2020-05-28 at 05:37 PM.

  18. #58

  19. #59
    Regarding the Brutosaur I think it is possible to get a recolor and when it comes to the argument 'it would make the current one less exclusive' you could just get it without the AH-vendor and that would still make the current one way cooler and useful because it's the AH that puts the cherry on the top after all.

    But for the last few achievements (350, 400) we have been getting ground mounts so maybe next one will be a flyer? But I also know people love the llamas so maybe we get a re-colored one for 450. I would kinda expect us to get something 'meh' for 450 but for 500 I really hope they go the extra distance because that's a nice and round number after all. I really love the Raven Lord mount so getting the fel version for 400 was really neat to me, though I know others don't like it as much.

    Maybe we get one of the Mechagon mounts in a new skin like the flying one?

  20. #60
    Herald of the Titans TheWorkingTitle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I respect your opinion, but I would certainly not want such ridiculously oudated models as rewards for 450 and 500 mount achievements. Sapphiron's model isn't just old, it's ancient, a relic of the past. I doubt a lot of people would want to fly around on a model as old as the original vanilla Naxxramas.
    That's precisely its charm. None of the newer mount models come close to as special as it would be riding an actual Sapphiron model for an old school player like me.
    You think you don't, but you do

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •