Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Here's what I want for 450 and 500 mounts:

450:

500:

I respect your opinion, but I would certainly not want such ridiculously oudated models as rewards for 450 and 500 mount achievements. Sapphiron's model isn't just old, it's ancient, a relic of the past. I doubt a lot of people would want to fly around on a model as old as the original vanilla Naxxramas.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

The carriages would be an azesome addition to the mounts. With freely chosen mounts to drag it.

and... since we now have carriages, why not sleds? boats? rafts? Ballons with a dragon dragging it? What about

The possibilitys are huge on this one. Do you want cats to drag it? Horses? bugs? Dragons? netherays? turtles? Want to mix stuff up?
    2 mounts dragging it? 4? 6? 8?

want to recreate santas reindeers and sled? Want to come in with 8 valkyries dragging you throu the air while blasting "ride of teh valkyries" on max volume? YES, I FUCKING DO!

THE SKY IS LITTERALY THE LIMIT
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2020-05-27 at 06:57 AM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Indeed. Worgen should have had it as racial - and weren't Vulpera supposed to have a caravan at first? Probably too good and Blizzard saves it for something "special"

- - - Updated - - -

Well...obviously we would like to have an updated version (cue: "Waste of dev time") but other than that, I think the WotLK frostwyrms already fill that niche of undead dragons
    Like you said, the frostbrood from ICC fill that niche nicely and we already have a modern take on an infinite drake from timewalking (even if it's a hellish grind).

One thing I just thought of that could be cool would be a modern day spectral tiger using the same spectral look as the Spectral Pterrorwing applied to a modern nightsaber model.

It doesn't even have to be a tiger either, I'd frankly love to see modern spectral versions of all kinds of mounts and it'd go well with the theme of SL anyway, so it's a perfect time to introduce it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Maybe a Brutosaurus without AH? I mean, the green one with AH would still be clearly visable and noticable as a status symbol, no?

I like your sugguestions, OP.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    There you go, I only have 36 days /played at 120 on my main, and I didn't take that many breaks, maybe a couple of months overall (and a chunk of that time was spent camping Sha, Oondasta, Arachnoid Harvester and other rares, where I'm basically tabbed out working or doing stuff around the house). If you're saying most of your max level play time was done since September 2019, that means you're averaging almost 7 hours/day on your main alone, not 2-4 overall. With islands and assaults on 5 other chars (sometimes I was even skipping them on my main, lol xD), it adds up to a nice seven out of seven full time job. Now, I'm not judging, but you certainly can't tell me I'm not doing enough with my time.

And by the way, you listed a lot of the things you do, but you didn't say how exactly you get those 17k/day within such "little" time (although if you dedicate 3 hours per day to it, I already know you can even do it with raw farming).
    I wouldn't reach 7 hours/played average per day if none of the /played time was before september, but I like that "most of" equals to "all of" and in that case, how 6.75 is "almost 7 hours". I will give you a handout though.
    I do the assaults which takes about 10 minutes, and I often do the world boss, so I'll add another 5 minutes. Over a week, that's 35 minutes. Capping island expeditions takes about 20 minutes, but I'll round up to 60 to make things easier (even if several characters do it faster), so that's 5 hours/week total on my alts, and 1 on my main. I've done that since february, and if I never missed a week since that, 102 hours over 4 months (4.25 days /played over 4 months).

In theory, doing the assaults gives on average 1.000g per clear, and island expeditions gives a map that 25% of the time can give you a gold mission for 3.000g, so that averages out to 750g per cap, and I'd say you'll get one item you can put on AH on each island cap. I play a dead realm, most pets doesn't sell (and if they do, it's rarely above 50g), plundered weapons can sell for 200-300g, greens doesn't sell. I'd give you a hand and round that up to 1.000g per cap on average.
    So playing 1 hour of non farming, that's 4.000g per character for 1 hour play. You can't extend this time, as these are weekly limited things to do.
    Most weeks there's a 2.000g emissary reward up (right now there's 2! Goh Goh!), takes about 10 minutes per alt including travel time. Lets add another hour just for good measure.

On my main I like to do WQs most days. In rewards alone, that's about 1500g per day on a good day. I do rep, gold, azerite and weapon WQs. Takes no more than an hour to do for Zuldazar, Kul'tiras, Nazjatar and Arathi/Darkshore. Often leads to a paragon chest every 2nd day on average. Add another 3.500-4.500g from that, so average about 2.000g/day, and in this example, lets say I do WQs every day the whole week.
    I'd also say I sell about 1.000-1.500g each day on AH. This from picking up pots on my alchemist main while doing WQ, selling random stuff I stumble over like cloth, or herbs I get from mission table. I'd say mission table also brings in 1.000-1.500g/week on my main from random missions.

So far through a whole reset we're up at:
    5 alts = 6 hours ~30.000g
    main = 8 hours ~42.500g

So for these things, I spend roughly 14 hours a week (average 2 hours per day), and earn about 72.500g (average ~10.350g per day). This is using the the higher end of time spent, and a quite fair average of gold income.
    Btw, this is not counting random vendor trash or smaller non-WQ rewards in assaults, or picking up a supply drop or whatever, so the gold income is highest, and time spent should be lower, but I am trying to give you extremes to see how this is easily done on a casual non-farming rate. To make up that extra missing gold for the average, use your imagination, but I'll give you a good example.
    Clear Hellfire Citadel on Normal/Heroic/Mythic. Takes about 20 minutes per clear and gives about 3.500g per clear in drops. So that's right above 10.000g for an hour of non-focused "farming".
    Oh, and in certain situations the gold income increases a lot, like before 8.3 when we could cap the necklace, you got gold for azerite. In world quest weeks, you get extra rep (and more paragon chests).

I'd like if anyone could show me where this magical 3 hour/day "fulltime job" is. I'm in the marked!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgran View Post
    I wouldn't reach 7 hours/played average per day if none of the /played time was before september, but I like that "most of" equals to "all of" and in that case, how 6.75 is "almost 7 hours". I will give you a handout though.
    Come on man, 6.75 is much closer to "almost 7" than it is to 2 or 4...

That being said, I appreciate you taking the time to explain your methods. The numbers you're giving me line up with my own observations. Back in November when I started experimenting with gold making, I was getting close to 5,000 gold per hour from traditional farming - doing the gold world quests or grinding certain dungeons and raids. This number could spike a little bit in some instances, but not in a sustainable way (e.g. raids with weekly lockdown - HFC is closer to 30 minutes btw, especially if you count the travel time, but maybe you can do it in 20 with some classes and a well known route... maybe). Making use of my profession to farm zynathids would rake in a bit more (~ 8,000 per hour, maybe 9,000), but I soon hit the demand ceiling of my server (and I wasn't flooding the market, I was posting three stacks and only one or two would sell).

Still, farming 5,000,000 gold at a rate of 5,000 gold per hour requires 1,000 hours /played, or 41.67 days. Like I told you in my previous comment, I have 36 days /played at lvl 120 on my main right now. Counting my alts, my total /played time for the expansion should be somewhere around 60 days over a period of 18 months, so an average of 40 days a year... which I still think is quite high, btw, much more than the average player - I am a high end collector with over 500 mounts and a fairly high content completion rate.

This means that, worst case scenario, a player like me would have to dedicate THEIR ENTIRE PLAY TIME FOR A YEAR to collecting that gold. Which is why I believe with total clarity and firmness that the one year heads up was absolute BS. In my case, starting from 800K and assuming I would have been able to find a reliable farming strategy with a higher average, it would have been 500 or best case 400 hours, or 17-21 days /played, still a massive chunk of my planned game time...

And please keep into perspective why I play the game: to relax and have fun. I need to do the things I enjoy in WoW in order to unwind after work, and farming gold quickly becomes a boring, repetitive chore. Sure, as a collector I am used to go outside of my comfort zone every now and then, not all mounts are fun to get, we all know that... but not for 40%-50% of the time during a whole year. That would defeat the purpose. You say you farm 3 hours a day, but you also play another 4 doing things you presumably enjoy (again, not judging, there were times when I also used to play more)... I only play 3 hours total, so if someone (*cough* Blizzard *cough*) told me I should spend them all farming gold to get one mount, well, I'd tell them to go eat a brutosaur dick.

10+ Year Old Account
    First off, it can't be too unique because it would be unfair for everyone else. I'm down with it being a long neck as long as it doesn't have any vendors/AH on it.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Which is why I believe with total clarity and firmness that the one year heads up was absolute BS.
    Removing the mount is all BS all the way. I think it's really bad they're removing it, and roughly one year is not enough for the average player.
    I am so much against removing it, and if blizz said in shadowlands release that they're not removing mount anyway, I'd still be happy even if I've spent the last half a year with a more golden focus then usual.

I can justify spending time in the game more than I can justify spending €500 to buy the gold.

Quote Originally Posted by daytonbrown View Post
    For better of for worse, The Brutosaur is a big status symbol to show off how rich you are (or were, before you bought it). If they made the model more accessible there would be a huge outcry and I can't say I would blame them.
    It would be like if they sold one of those insanely expensive cars, like a Bugatti or something, at your local Carmax.
    Yeah so 500 mounts is a WAYYYYY bigger accomplishment than 5M gold. I've been an avid active mount collector since they went Account wide, I do miss out on a few meta mounts but I'm at 483 as of today.

Id argue that 500 mounts needs something with MORE status than the Bruto, though I do like the Bruto idea and would love for it to be that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Maybe a Brutosaurus without AH? I mean, the green one with AH would still be clearly visable and noticable as a status symbol, no?

I like your sugguestions, OP.
    Yeah I don't give a flying fuck about the AH guy, to be clear.

I just want it to fly...

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgran View Post
    Removing the mount is all BS all the way. I think it's really bad they're removing it, and roughly one year is not enough for the average player.
    I am so much against removing it, and if blizz said in shadowlands release that they're not removing mount anyway, I'd still be happy even if I've spent the last half a year with a more golden focus then usual.

I can justify spending time in the game more than I can justify spending €500 to buy the gold.
    In that case, we are in agreement. Just to add a bonus piece of advice for your remaining million, I went back to HoF to retest it and I got ~ 1,500 gold on Heroic for a 10 minute run. Travel time should be considered as well, of course, but it's not that far from Vale, and if our speed difference is proportional (I did HFC in 28 minutes rather than your 20), it may even be the more efficient choice.

That being said, I feel like I got too distracted from the purpose of this thread while perorating about the Brutosaur (it's a bit of a touchy subject xD). Apologies about that. The Giraffe posted by @Sentynel is pretty neat, though it might make a better vicious saddle mount and @Aphrel has some nice ideas for carriage mounts... maybe those will be the next step in mount cool factor. I will have to vote no for the older dragon models... they had their shot when we were brainstorming for 150 and 200, now they look ancient and we have better versions with the same theme (well, the newer undead dragon is only for DKs, but still).

I will bring up another long-standing suggestion - Devilsaurs:

These are some fantastic models from the MoP era that would probably make most mount collectors (and not only) melt if they were ever added. I think they would work just fine at the same length as the Clefthooves and the Brutosaur. Since the bulk of the model is high above ground, you wouldn't be able to cover mailboxes and NPCs with a Devilsaur. However, it would need a few tweaks if it were to be turned into a mount. One or more of the spikes on the back would have to be replaced with a saddle (the one used on direhorns should match, though I'm not sure how well the tints align). Equally importantly, although a lot less obvious, some work would have to be done on its headgear. The back side of the frill is blocky and lacking in texture, and while this is not noticeable from most angles, it unfortunately stands out like a sore thumb from the rider's perspective. It should probably be modified to mirror the front side.

Of course, the big problem here is that I suggested yet another Troll mount (although you may notice the second model has some nice Alliance colors). xD It's hard for me to think of an equally epic mount for the Alliance, but suggestions are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Gank Sinatra View Post
    I just want it to fly...
    Personally, I don't consider flying to be that important, because we won't be able to fly right away in Shadowlands and most people who will get these mounts early will be showing them off on the ground anyway. What matters is that they are cool (although it is a valid opinion, and perhaps one of them should fly).
    Last edited by Coconut; 2020-05-28 at 05:37 PM.

Regarding the Brutosaur I think it is possible to get a recolor and when it comes to the argument 'it would make the current one less exclusive' you could just get it without the AH-vendor and that would still make the current one way cooler and useful because it's the AH that puts the cherry on the top after all.

But for the last few achievements (350, 400) we have been getting ground mounts so maybe next one will be a flyer? But I also know people love the llamas so maybe we get a re-colored one for 450. I would kinda expect us to get something 'meh' for 450 but for 500 I really hope they go the extra distance because that's a nice and round number after all. I really love the Raven Lord mount so getting the fel version for 400 was really neat to me, though I know others don't like it as much.

Maybe we get one of the Mechagon mounts in a new skin like the flying one?

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I respect your opinion, but I would certainly not want such ridiculously oudated models as rewards for 450 and 500 mount achievements. Sapphiron's model isn't just old, it's ancient, a relic of the past. I doubt a lot of people would want to fly around on a model as old as the original vanilla Naxxramas.
    That's precisely its charm. None of the newer mount models come close to as special as it would be riding an actual Sapphiron model for an old school player like me.

At this point in time mounts just no longer have any appeal for me. There are SO MANY over the top mounts in the game now, some of them are batshit insane and don't feel like WoW mounts at all. I just cannot care anymore, there are too many of them, and they are too crazy.

Blizzard needs to invent some other worthwhile cosmetics, cos slapping another mount reward just isn't making the players engage that much anymore. Glory of Ny'Alotha Raider rewards something almost identical to the thing that you get from doing both 5-mask visions. Why go through the trouble?

Besides, I just wish my mounts could fly in patch x.0 again. The pathfinder system activating in patch x.2 is by far the worst thing WoW implemented in recent years (besides huge RNG on gear). No flying for the first half of the xpac is one of two reasons why I am coming back to play x.3 patches only now (7.3 in legion, 8.3 in BFA, skipped everything else). The other reason is shit character (mainly: lack of haste, slow ass gameplay especially in BFA with the GCD changes)

What about a flying mount with a vendor? Right now it's easy to sell your junk while on the mammoth etc., but it would also be nice if you could get rid of your junk while fyling, right?

I would hope that we would see some kind of system where we could upgrade existing mounts with banners, enemy skulls, particle effects. Anything to make them stand out a bit more. Mount customization I think would help inject some life into mounts in general.

Quote Originally Posted by DutchOutcastbas View Post
    What about a flying mount with a vendor? Right now it's easy to sell your junk while on the mammoth etc., but it would also be nice if you could get rid of your junk while fyling, right?
    Now that is a good idea. But it's definitely not something that will come as a reward for such a hardcore mount achievement. There would be too much complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by donomito View Post
    I would hope that we would see some kind of system where we could upgrade existing mounts with banners, enemy skulls, particle effects. Anything to make them stand out a bit more. Mount customization I think would help inject some life into mounts in general.
    Meh. This has never been in WoW and I think we've been doing fine without it. I think I prefer my mounts to have a certain, set in stone look.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Athulua View Post
    At this point in time mounts just no longer have any appeal for me. There are SO MANY over the top mounts in the game now, some of them are batshit insane and don't feel like WoW mounts at all. I just cannot care anymore, there are too many of them, and they are too crazy.

Blizzard needs to invent some other worthwhile cosmetics, cos slapping another mount reward just isn't making the players engage that much anymore. Glory of Ny'Alotha Raider rewards something almost identical to the thing that you get from doing both 5-mask visions. Why go through the trouble?

Besides, I just wish my mounts could fly in patch x.0 again. The pathfinder system activating in patch x.2 is by far the worst thing WoW implemented in recent years (besides huge RNG on gear). No flying for the first half of the xpac is one of two reasons why I am coming back to play x.3 patches only now (7.3 in legion, 8.3 in BFA, skipped everything else). The other reason is shit character (mainly: lack of haste, slow ass gameplay especially in BFA with the GCD changes)
    I've reached the same points with mounts/titles. I still use my TBC engineering copter because I love the look of it, & that's good enough for me I would be tempted to get farming again if the 450/500 mount rewards turn out to be amazing, but let's be honest, they're likely just to be reskins.

Maybe they'll do a reskin of the Mythic Jaina mount for 450, like they did the Gul'dan mount for 350.

Could it be...?

Last edited by Coconut; 2020-07-23 at 07:11 AM.