10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Yeah, no thanks. There's nothing wrong with killing someone who wants to grievously hurt you. They're pieces of shit.
    Here's where you accidentally admit that, to you, certain people you're just allowed to kill. Because they're "pieces of shit".

That's extremist murderer talk.

And stop calling it a protest, if buildings burn it's a riot.
    Those two terms aren't mutually exclusive in the first place, and in the second place, that's not the definition of a "riot".

I love all these hypothetical situations that are in no way related to what actual fucking happened in this case.

i mean what if rosenbarum was secretly an alien invader in a human suit?

We're not talking about this case. We could argue for 100 years about it. Rittenhouse did nothing wrong.

And stop calling it a protest, if buildings burn it's a riot.
    except illegally carrying a gun, and came to a protest to "defend" property no one asked him to defend.... so you can't even lean on that excuse here...

so what? so what if it was a riot? Rittenhouse isn't a cop, he's some super self-entitled little shit head.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    What if said people said loudly to many people that they were going to kill you? Changes the context.
    1, I'm not a dumb fuck thats gonna be in that place and time with a gun.

2, if I was I would stay with my group and not run out alone trying to be a hero.

3, If they weren't armed and I was I wouldn't take that threat seriously in any way 99% chance it's just some dumb fuck trying to start something.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    You go ahead and do that when it happens to you, then.
    You mean the time me and a buddy were jumped downtown, and managed to get away without killing anyone?
    Or the multiple times I was at a protest where people were acting belligerent and aggressive and nobody died because no incompetent murderous idiot brought a gun?

Been in those situations. Magically, somehow, didn't kill multiple people. Shocking.

I can confidently say that I don't think anyone in this thread will be in a position where they are armed, and 20+ people attack them with the intent to beat them up.

Man, the daydreaming about murdering others is really weird. Usually I daydream about like, my waifu becoming real and us settling down with an alpaca farm. Or winning the lotto. Or something else that doesn't involve murdering a ton of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Here's where you accidentally admit that, to you, certain people you're just allowed to kill. Because they're "pieces of shit".

No one tell Endus that Death Penalty exists in the US, I guess.

Protip: A lot of us, and I can confidently say Endus is a part of this group, oppose capital punishment/the death penalty. Period. Under any circumstances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again with if said people, even if one, had threatened to murder you at several points that night, wasn't afraid of being shot, and was being aggressive all night?
    I've had plenty of people threaten to kill me, dude. More than a couple on these forums. Somehow, I'm still not murdered.

Sometimes, it's just talk. It's really fuckin' weird seeing people scream "2nd Amendment!" when it comes to Rittenhouse carrying the weapon that ended two lives and with which he tried to end two more, but those same people forget the 1st Amendment applies to Rosenbaum's speech.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    TIL the US lets random people on the street be executioners for the state
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

you mean the thing we use on people who are found innocent of the crimes they were charged with? not the best example dude...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Got it. Nobody would have been wrong if they had killed Kyle since we KNOW he wanted to hurt people and did so grievously before anyone attacked him with grievous intent. Thanks for playing.
    If you ignore the convicted pedophile who said he'll kill him and was chasing him and reached for his gun, sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've shat on that in this very thread.

It's one of many dystopian factors in the USA's legal system. Nearly all First World nations have banned it as barbarous, inhumane, ineffectual, and monstrous. There's really no reason to support the death penalty other than sadism and bloodlust.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Protip: A lot of us, and I can confidently say Endus is a part of this group, oppose capital punishment/the death penalty. Period. Under any circumstances.
    Yep. You gain nothing by killing someone. There's literally no point. It's just a statement about how little your society values human life.

If you ignore the convicted pedophile who said he'll kill him and was chasing him and reached for his gun, sure.
    I love how we still pretend that Rittenhouse is a telepath who instantly knows the criminal histories of everyone he encounters.

I've had plenty of people threaten to kill me, dude. More than a couple on these forums. Somehow, I'm still not murdered.

Sometimes, it's just talk. It's really fuckin' weird seeing people scream "2nd Amendment!" when it comes to Rittenhouse carrying the weapon that ended two lives and with which he tried to end two more, but those same people forget the 1st Amendment applies to Rosenbaum's speech.
    How many of those people were in person, burning shit down earlier, and then charged you after you heard gun shots behind you, you tried to run, and when you get between two cars and fell they quote from an eye witness "lunged" at you? Getting close enough to touch your weapon? This wasn't talk, and oh fucking please on the 1st amendment, he was literally in the process of assaulting him after threatening him. Stop ignoring literal facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I love how we still pretend that Rittenhouse is a telepath who instantly knows the criminal histories of everyone he encounters.
    Naw, we just have someone who threatened to kill him, and told Kyle to shoot him, who chased him when he ran away till he was cornered and lunged at him. Does Kyle have to run all the way home and have Rosenbaum sign a legal document stating his intent to murder Kyle before he can defend himself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    So was it Rosenbaum's protected speech or his self-defense you're using to justify his murder?

Or is it that he's a ex-felon and you think that's enough to warrant his murder?

How many of those people were in person, burning shit down earlier, and then charged you after you heard gun shots behind you, you tried to run, and when you get between two cars and fell they quote from an eye witness "lunged" at you? Getting close enough to touch your weapon? This wasn't talk, and oh fucking please on the 1st amendment, he was literally in the process of assaulting him after threatening him. Stop ignoring literal facts.
    why would you bring a gun to a protest if your stated intention was to give aid to anyone injured? much less after you posted on social media that you wanted to shoot protestors? hmmm something doesn't add up here. facts are only convenient when they match your narrative...

10+ Year Old Account
    Death threats are protected speech out of pretty narrow circumstances, in the USA. That's why people can post death threats on Twitter and maybe get a ban but not any kind of legal consequences.

Also, no on the "literally in the process of assaulting Rittenhouse". Rittenhouse was brandishing his weapon at people. And turned to threaten Rosenbaum, specifically. All you've got on that is "ran towards". Rosenbaum chased Rittenhouse a few feet. That's the "facts".

As an outsider to American politics it's always hilarious to me when Blue claims Red is fascist and Red claims Blue is fascist. Both sides use the very same tactics and misinformation.

But yeah, the people Kyle shot weren't exactly the heroes of society.

- - - Updated - - -

That is because Reds don't understand the definition of fascism. Just like you don't understand the definition of fascism.

So was it Rosenbaum's protected speech or his self-defense you're using to justify his murder?

Or is it that he's a ex-felon and you think that's enough to warrant his murder?
    How about the fact he threatened others before chasing them into a confrontation where he lunged at the target trying to take his gun?

Serious question, how far does one have to go before you think they can use lethal force to defend themselves? Do they have to use it first? What about the people who die, or suffer life long debilitating injuries from head wounds? If someone has shown intent how long must you wait to defend?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.