1. #22421

    Alliance

    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    I thought the jury was unanimous here?

    They're privy to all the information and evidence presented. I've even seen some people say it was a stacked jury, is there any evidence of that or is it because they gave a result that they weren't expecting... or didn't want?
    They were indeed unanimous. No evidence of stacking insofar as I have seen. Just people disagreeing with the decision.
    Happy Pride

  2. #22422
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    he had every right to be there. someone committing criminal activity in an area does not prohibit law abiding citizens from being there. he does not lose his freedoms so others can riot and loot. kyle did not do a single thing wrong, he is a victim of violent criminals and barely escaped with his life. your victim blaming is just horrible.
    Doesn't matter if what he did was allowed or legal. He made poor choices and made the situation worse. He did not make things better. It was stupid and reckless to show up to an area of unrest armed. He shouldn't have been there.

    He's not being made a hero by right wingers because he legally defended himself. He's being cheered on because he killed people they hate. If it was a situation where some guy killed two random people in some situation that had nothing to do with politics then this wouldn't even be in the news. He would be no hero to them. You don't see right wing media praising the many different citizens that legally defend themselves each year. This gets their blood flowing because they want lefties to get beaten and killed.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2021-11-20 at 04:02 AM.

  3. #22423
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    71,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    I thought the jury was unanimous here?

    They're privy to all the information and evidence presented. I've even seen some people say it was a stacked jury, is there any evidence of that or is it because they gave a result that they weren't expecting... or didn't want?
    Any jury decision is, by definition, unanimous.

    Even one juror saying "nah" means it's a hung jury and that means it's a mistrial without prejudice; Round 2: Fight.

    That the jury came to a decision doesn't really mean much. Especially with the judge leaning his thumb on the scales.

    Also, juries get shit wrong all the time. See, like, literally every single case where a convicted murderer was exonerated by DNA evidence after the fact, or something.

    Plus, the concept of "beyond a reasonable doubt"; like I said earlier, if the jury's conclusion was that it was 80% likely Rittenhouse showed up to murder innocent people, that mandates a "not guilty" verdict. A "not guilty" verdict is not an exoneration. People really need to stop mistaking that.
    Last edited by Endus; 2021-11-20 at 04:03 AM.


  4. #22424
    Elemental Lord PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    8,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    I thought the jury was unanimous here?
    Juries have to return a unanimous verdict, otherwise there is no verdict, and it's a hung jury, which is a mistrial.


    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  5. #22425
    mods in here really infracting people they dont agree with. nothing in my post above was against the rules. stop hiding and projecting your bias to control a narrative. most be endus' old mod friend

  6. #22426
    Herald of the Titans Rethul Ur No's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Scrapbot's DMs
    Posts
    2,649
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    mods in here really infracting people they dont agree with. nothing in my post above was against the rules. stop hiding and projecting your bias to control a narrative. most be endus' old mod friend
    jamesfrancofirsttimememe.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Are these resisters actually contributing to our country and paying their taxes? Or are they freeloading?

  7. #22427
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Oh one of these guys.

    sieg heil or whatever you say to each other.
    yet this wasnt infracted

  8. #22428
    Just don't post wrongthink and you'll be safe.

    inb4 the infraction

  9. #22429
    Quote Originally Posted by MuH sTaTe LiNeS View Post
    Just don't post wrongthink and you'll be safe.

    inb4 the infraction
    lmfao and they hide themselves while doing it with no justification only against those who they dont agree with lmfao

    they cant even say why my post on the previous page was infracted because its bullshit. lol

  10. #22430
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you're showing up to counter-protest against the idea that black people's lives have as much value as anyone else's, then you're a white supremacist.

    I don't see how that isn't really, really fucking clear.
    Showing up to defend property from arsonists isn't a "counter-protest", the protest was the the courthouse the people preventing arson remained at the Car Source locations and the gas station. They were never there to oppose BLM unless you're conceding that the entire point of a BLM protest is to cause vandalism and arson.

  11. #22431
    At least this thread is an easy way to find who's a murderer apologist that thinks that the sniveling little shit was "an innocent bystander" that did nothing wrong.

  12. #22432
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    gun-toting shitheads showing up with the -very wrong- impression that this verdict means that just gunning people down is A-okay if they're rioter adjacent
    This verdict doesn't really change that. They were already saying as much long before this shooting happened. The right-wing narrative has always involved "rioters burning down American cities" and I think you'd have to be more than a little naive to believe that it's not to justify violence perpetrated against them (by the police or otherwise) in the name of maintaining Law and Order.™
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-11-20 at 04:58 AM.

  13. #22433
    Decent piece on this : https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021...-analysis.html

    Rittenhouse’s killing of Rosenbaum may have been lawful. But that was scarcely self-evident to the bystanders who heard gunshots and then saw a killer holding an AR-15. The group of protesters who proceeded to chase and attack Rittenhouse could have reasonably believed that killing the armed teenager was necessary to save others from imminent bodily harm. If Rittenhouse had a right to shoot Huber and Grosskreutz in self-defense, the latter had a similarly legitimate basis for shooting Rittenhouse dead.

    Put differently: Once Rittenhouse fired his first shots, he and his attackers plausibly entered a context in which neither could be held legally liable for killing the other. Whether one emerged from this confrontation legally innocent or lawfully executed hinged on little more than one’s relative capacity for rapidly deploying lethal violence. Rittenhouse had a more powerful weapon and a quicker trigger finger than Huber or Grosskreutz. Thus, he walks free, in full health, while Huber lies in a grave and Grosskreutz gets by without the bulk of his right bicep.

  14. #22434
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    At least this thread is an easy way to find who's a murderer apologist that thinks that the sniveling little shit was "an innocent bystander" that did nothing wrong.
    Convicted child molester fresh off an arson spree threatens to kill a child, assaults and chases said child, corners the child, and attempts to disarm the child. The child fires upon the child molester killing him. A mob of people hear the gunfire and upon investigating the commotion find the child and give chase on the assumption he is an active shooter. The mob does not know explicitly what happened before and also assault the child and attempt to disarm him. The child stumbles while fleeing the approaching mob and is attacked by multiple assailants. One more attacker is shot and killed after hitting the child twice in the head with a skateboard and then grabbing the gun, and another is wounded after pointing his own handgun at the child. The child gets up and runs to the police, escaping the mob.

    Those are the events of that night as depicted from video footage and testimony from multiple witnesses in the trial.

    This is not murder apologism. This was a tragedy of mistaken misguided people. I’ll not lose sleep over a child molester getting shot and killed by the last child he tried to assault, but the others made the wrong assumption about the circumstances of that first incident and it cost one more man his life.

    There’s nothing to celebrate about any of this. This was a political trial from the start as evidenced by exactly where we’re discussing this. It shouldn’t have been.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Succinct and to the point. Which is why this was a tragedy all around.

  15. #22435


    South Park laid the framework.

  16. #22436
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Convicted child molester fresh off an arson spree threatens to kill a child, assaults and chases said child, corners the child, and attempts to disarm the child. The child fires upon the child molester killing him. A mob of people hear the gunfire and upon investigating the commotion find the child and give chase on the assumption he is an active shooter. The mob does not know explicitly what happened before and also assault the child and attempt to disarm him. The child stumbles while fleeing the approaching mob and is attacked by multiple assailants. One more attacker is shot and killed after hitting the child twice in the head with a skateboard and then grabbing the gun, and another is wounded after pointing his own handgun at the child. The child gets up and runs to the police, escaping the mob.

    Those are the events of that night as depicted from video footage and testimony from multiple witnesses in the trial.

    This is not murder apologism. This was a tragedy of mistaken misguided people. I’ll not lose sleep over a child molester getting shot and killed by the last child he tried to assault, but the others made the wrong assumption about the circumstances of that first incident and it cost one more man his life.

    There’s nothing to celebrate about any of this. This was a political trial from the start as evidenced by exactly where we’re discussing this. It shouldn’t have been.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Succinct and to the point. Which is why this was a tragedy all around.
    Boy, he sure as hell lucked out on his first victim being a child molester. Since Kyle actively went there hoping to shoot someone.

  17. #22437
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Boy, he sure as hell lucked out on his first victim being a child molester. Since Kyle actively went there hoping to shoot someone.
    This is what I find so amusing as well. The people who claim the media is poisoning the trial against Rittenhouse forget to mention how the media has been portraying the victims. It isn't like they all magically did the legwork and found out all these horrible things about the victims. No, the media told them.

    Mindbogglingly stupid and hypocritical.

  18. #22438
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    This is what I find so amusing as well. The people who claim the media is poisoning the trial against Rittenhouse forget to mention how the media has been portraying the victims. It isn't like they all magically did the legwork and found out all these horrible things about the victims. No, the media told them.

    Mindbogglingly stupid and hypocritical.
    To be fair 4chan told the media first.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    This is a very strange take to me. The first gun shot was a protester behind the crowd firing into the air. Now you can argue consfuion in a riot but there was a fair amount of time between the two attacks. It feels like this is twisting events to give the assailants a legal leg to stand on.
    Last edited by Chipped coin; 2021-11-20 at 06:43 AM.

  19. #22439
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    That doesn't matter one bit. He shouldn't have been there in the first place. Nothing about what he did helped the situation. It resulted in two people being killed. A kid showing up to an already volatile situation with a rifle was a terrible idea. These right wingers are fucking nuts and want to kill people on the left. They are not making things better. They are making things worse.

    It's going to happen even more now. It's 100% guaranteed that following this verdict thousands of wacko Proud Boys and others are salivating at the opportunity to kill someone they hate.

    The next time one of these nut jobs murders someone we're gonna see right wingers and right wing media cheer them on... again. They want more of it. They hate people on the left and want them to die.
    ANd thje left wingers don't want to kill the right wingers? everything you said about the right can be applied to the left.

    Also, nobody is cheering on anyone here.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Boy, he sure as hell lucked out on his first victim being a child molester. Since Kyle actively went there hoping to shoot someone.
    Prove it. There is zero evidence of that. People need to stop repeating this lie that they hear from the far left media.

  20. #22440
    Old God Al Gorefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    10,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Boy, he sure as hell lucked out on his first victim being a child molester. Since Kyle actively went there hoping to shoot someone.
    Lucky in the eyes of the law and lucked out in life. Dude got away with ending the life of a pedophile vigilante style. he's a fucking hero.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •