1. #22481
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Nah that dude was on some alt right shit b4 the case

    You dont play riot cop out of nowhere
    Thats not what all the evidence showed no.

  2. #22482
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    self defense against an active shooter is unreasonable?
    Can’t be an active shooter if you’re not actively shooting. It’s in the name.

  3. #22483
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    And they only supported him because Proud Boys are such good samaritans who'd never hurt a fly and take care of every teenager in trouble.
    So you dont understand how these groups recruit?

  4. #22484
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Apparently the actual quote is "... the Right guy with the gun".

    Because 'some people' genuinely believe that only their side is using guns and everyone even slightly left of them is 'cucked soyboy' who'd be afraid of hurting their nails by a pistol. Which also ignores the fact that Rittenhouse could have gotten shot in this very case, if the 3rd victim didn't hold back. But hey, that guy apparently 'feigned surrender' and 'broke the Geneva convention' , so he's pretty much evil incarnate anyway.
    He pointed his gun at Kyle. By his own admission in a court of law under penalty of perjury. Then he got shot.

  5. #22485
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Its easy to explain actually. The evidence show that before the shooting, he was just right leaning thin blue line shit. Then his lawyer and the proud boys bailed him out of jail for millions in bail. Easy way to groom him. Whats important for the case is not after he shot, but before. Is he gona go with white supremacist now, probably, i mean they are the only one that supported him.
    Mike Lendell was the one who paid most of his bail and second you are saying his lawyer mind controlled him, got him to drink, party and pose with white supremacists then post it to social media? so much for personal responsibility.

  6. #22486
    The Lightbringer Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    3,613
    the media meltdown is funny, but


  7. #22487
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Mike Lendell was the one who paid most of his bail and second you are saying his lawyer mind controlled him, got him to drink, party and pose with white supremacists then post it to social media? so much for personal responsibility.
    No im saying its easy to recruit him post prison lol. Which they did, he had no proud boy affiliation of any kind before the shooting. Therefore in the case, it didnt matter.

  8. #22488
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    5,382
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    He pointed his gun at Kyle. By his own admission in a court of law under penalty of perjury. Then he got shot.
    And yet he held back, even though he was facing someone who just killed a man and was obviously dangerous. But the narrative here is that Rittenhouse was running away from bloodthirsty mob that'd murder him on the spot. While member of said "mob" didn't shoot him in the back, even though it would be so much easier than trying to grab him. Seems like there's something wrong with the narrative after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    No im saying its easy to recruit him post prison lol. Which they did, he had no proud boy affiliation of any kind before the shooting. Therefore in the case, it didnt matter.
    Please, he already had similar ideas and it wasn't anywhere near of a stretch as you're trying to say. Rittenhouse was not some poor, undecided centrist, who was "forced" by evil lefties to join the Proud Boys. Being an armed vigilante "defender of property" and shooting some people on the "opposing side" is right up their alley.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2021-11-20 at 02:36 PM.

  9. #22489
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    No im saying its easy to recruit him post prison lol. Which they did, he had no proud boy affiliation of any kind before the shooting. Therefore in the case, it didnt matter.
    He chose to hang out and party with white supremacists while throwing hate signs and wearing a free as fuck T shirt. You are hand waving his choice to spent 90 minutes partying it up with racists.

  10. #22490
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    He chose to hang out and party with white supremacists while throwing hate signs and wearing a free as fuck T shirt. You are hand waving his choice to spent 90 minutes partying it up with racists.
    Thats not how the justice system works thankfully no. Again he had no affiliation with them before the shooting, he had blue line shit on his facebook and an instagram about car doors and hoes. Hanging out with the proud boys after is sadly not a crime. It has no consideration with the case, because it happened AFTER he killed those people. He was not a proud boys during the shooting. He wont be judged as being a proud boy during the shooting, its an easy concept.

  11. #22491
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    And yet he held back, even though he was facing someone who just killed a man and was obviously dangerous. But the narrative here is that Rittenhouse was running away from bloodthirsty mob that'd murder him on the spot. While member of said "mob" didn't shoot him in the back, even though it would be so much easier than trying to grab him. Seems like there's something wrong with the narrative after all.
    It’s not a narrative. It’s what a jury found in a court of law. This entire fiasco was created by the media from whole cloth for their own benefit. At this point you’re the conspiracy theorist if you’re sticking to that media narrative rather than the reality of Kyle acting in self-defense.

    If anything watching the prosecution suborn perjury, tamper with evidence, withhold evidence, and violate the constitutionally protected rights of the defendant should make more people receptive to the need for reforms in the justice system brought to light by BLM.

  12. #22492
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    the media meltdown is funny, but
    Simpkins didn't kill anyone. Rittenhouse killed two people.

    Shall we now discuss that black people generally have much higher bail or are more likely to be denied bail entirely? Furthermore, Simpkins trial is not over and the not-so-great state of Texas will likely convict him.

  13. #22493
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    .Please, he already had similar ideas and it wasn't anywhere near of a stretch as you're trying to say. Rittenhouse was not some poor, undecised centrist, who was "forced" by evil lefties to join the Proud Boys. Being an armed vigilante "defender of property" and shooting some people on the "opposing side" is right up their alley.
    The worse he had, was thine blue line shit on his facebook dude. I never said he was a centrist, but if you try to equate the thine blue line garbage with the proud boy, you are fucking mentally hill always online. Then again i dont expect someone from Poland to know the USA populations outside of the internet. So mabye im judging you too harshly. Thin blue lines is pretty popular in support of police.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2021-11-20 at 02:35 PM.

  14. #22494
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    If anything watching the prosecution suborn perjury, tamper with evidence, withhold evidence, and violate the constitutionally protected rights of the defendant should make more people receptive to the need for reforms in the justice system brought to light by BLM.
    If anything the NRA did a terrific job of rewriting self-defence laws to make it easier for people like Rittenhouse get away with crimes like this. Justice system reforms would also be great. Do you like judicial reviews?

  15. #22495
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    5,382
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    It’s not a narrative. It’s what a jury found in a court of law. This entire fiasco was created by the media from whole cloth for their own benefit. At this point you’re the conspiracy theorist if you’re sticking to that media narrative rather than the reality of Kyle acting in self-defense.

    If anything watching the prosecution suborn perjury, tamper with evidence, withhold evidence, and violate the constitutionally protected rights of the defendant should make more people receptive to the need for reforms in the justice system brought to light by BLM.
    What media? People in this very thread claimed that Rittenhouse was just about to be killed by a skateboard (and thus had to shoot two more people) - even though one of the guys chasing him had a gun and could have shoot him at any time, at a much lower risk to himself. Seems like a pretty large disconnect and no one needs 'media' to notice it.

  16. #22496
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    If anything the NRA did a terrific job of rewriting self-defence laws to make it easier for people like Rittenhouse get away with crimes like this. Justice system reforms would also be great. Do you like judicial reviews?
    Not a crime if no crime was committed which I’ll again remind you is the legal outcome of this case. As I said this is not a victory, it’s a tragedy all around and thank god it wasn’t compounded Friday with a guilty verdict. If anyone should be receiving ire right now, it should be the mayor of Kenosha for letting his town burn for three days straight creating the conditions that led to this.

    Friday was a pretty good day for justice. The Rittenhouse trial ends in acquittal and it looks like the Arbery trial is headed for a directed verdict with the defense admission that citizen’s arrest did not apply.

  17. #22497
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Look behind you.
    Posts
    2,615
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    This verdict doesn't really change that. They were already saying as much long before this shooting happened. The right-wing narrative has always involved "rioters burning down American cities" and I think you'd have to be more than a little naive to believe that it's not to justify violence perpetrated against them (by the police or otherwise) in the name of maintaining Law and Order.™
    Oh I'm not claiming the intent was -never- there, just those same whackjobs might feel emboldened to -actually- do something now rather then just talk tough behind keyboards like they usually do.

  18. #22498
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Thats not how the justice system works thankfully no. Again he had no affiliation with them before the shooting, he had blue line shit on his facebook and an instagram about car doors and hoes. Hanging out with the proud boys after is sadly not a crime. It has no consideration with the case, because it happened AFTER he killed those people. He was not a proud boys during the shooting. He wont be judged as being a proud boy during the shooting, its an easy concept.
    We are talking about his racism and state of mind not his guilt, people who aren't racist and feel bad don't out to underage drink and party with white supremacists. Or is your argument that you would have no problem hanging out with the proud boys? White supremacists being bad is a hard concept?

  19. #22499
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Friday was a pretty good day for justice.
    Friday was a pretty good day for enabling more wingnuts to go looking for trouble and increasing gun sales.

  20. #22500
    Old God Al Gorefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    10,618
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Not a crime if no crime was committed which I’ll again remind you is the legal outcome of this case. As I said this is not a victory, it’s a tragedy all around and thank god it wasn’t compounded Friday with a guilty verdict. If anyone should be receiving ire right now, it should be the mayor of Kenosha for letting his town burn for three days straight creating the conditions that led to this.

    Friday was a pretty good day for justice. The Rittenhouse trial ends in acquittal and it looks like the Arbery trial is headed for a directed verdict with the defense admission that citizen’s arrest did not apply.
    I agree. Rittenhouse received proper justice, if you think about cases like this in the past resulting in death, if the victims were themselves in the act of committing dangerous crime, they are dehumanized in court. The difference here, they were killed by a vigilante instead of police, but this particular vigilante did everything so correctly to prove he posed no threat to anyone after the shooting.

    Kenosha police treated him as one of their own, even in court his moral upstanding was seen. I hope he gets any help he may need with future therapy, like police are given when they are forced to shoot
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2021-11-20 at 03:07 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •