1. #22661
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Care to show me where they jury reached a not guilty verdict on weapon charges?
    They didnt, it was removed because the barrel size made it legal for him to carry it, not own it. Its kinda easy to explain if you are 16, you cant own any rifle, however its not illegal for you to go hunt with it. If you kill someone with it, the person in trouble for the gun is gona be your dad the owner, you the 16 years old will be responsible for who you killed.

    Now you can argue the laws are shit, but thats a different discussion. The point is dont give kids stuff they cant legal own or buy.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2021-11-21 at 04:19 PM.

  2. #22662
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    They didnt, it was remove because the barrel size made it legal for him to carry it, not own it. Its kinda easy to explain if you are 16, you cant own any rifle, however its not illegal for you to go hunter with it. If you kill someone with it, the person in trouble for the gun is gona be your dad the owner, you will be responsible for who you killed.

    Now you can argue the laws are shit, but thats a different discussion. The point is dont give kids stuff they cant legal own or buy.
    If it was based on going hunting the only prey in the area was humans..l

  3. #22663
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If it was based on going hunting the only prey in the area was humans..l
    You can't commit self-defense if you don't go hunting for humans first...

    that's 101 right there m8

  4. #22664
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If it was based on going hunting the only prey in the area was humans..l
    Its not based on anything, again its your gun, you are liable for it. Rittenhouse was responsible for killing people with it and thats what the trial came down to?

  5. #22665
    Titan Lenonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    13,958
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Now you can argue the laws are shit, but thats a different discussion. The point is dont give kids stuff they cant legal own or buy.
    Well that's what I'm doing - there should be some consequence to the user of an illegal weapon. And I also brought up the possibility of federal charges. But I think that's unlikely.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

  6. #22666
    Immortal PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    7,008
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Fa;se. it was concluisively proven that it was self defense and the verdict was unanimous.
    Dude, just stop. You're embarrassing yourself with your complete lack of understanding when it comes to matters of law.

    Nothing was "conclusively proven". The best you have is that, per Wisconsin's shit laws and the judge's malfeasance, the jury was not able to perfectly disprove self-defense. In no way does this verdict mean that Rittenhouse is innocent. That's simply not the way it works.

    And for the umpteenth time, of course the verdict was unanimous; it has to be, by definition.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Isn't the guy who gave Rittenhouse the gun facing charges?

    Seems odd that the buyer would face charges but the one giving the money wouldn't.
    Black is only facing state felony charges so far, and they're apparently not related to the actual sale of the firearm. Those crimes are federal, and both parties can still be charged with them.


    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Exactly. The guy who purchased the gun broke the law. All Rittenhouse did was give that guy money. Rittenhouse didn't actually buy the gun.
    That doesn't absolve Rittenhouse. He's still guilty of conspiracy to violate federal law, which is a crime. He absolutely could be charged in connection with the 100% illegal purchase of the rifle.

    Again, both parties have literally admitted this crime, in full, under testimony.


    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  7. #22667
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Nice fantasy. None of this you can back up with facts. Meanwhile it's common consensus that the longer a jury takes that tougher it was to reach a verdict.
    Not fantasy. It was all out there. You had fat left nuts including politicos threatening vkiolene if an acquittal occurred. Hell, you literally had a MSNBC reporter stalk the jury bus. The only fantasy is the far left mob trying to act like everything they did never happened and act innocent after the fact.


    two congressmen have offered him jobs. No application, no interview.

    Which you know. Who is lying now?
    So now a job offer made as a political stunt solely to get attention = calling someone a role model? That is beyond a complete stretch. The only one lying is still you.



    And the minor was still in a possession of an illegally obtained weapon which was used to kill people. There should be consequences on both sides to that.
    You still didn't list any crimes Rittenhouse committed. He was legally able to possess the gun and was found not guilty on all charges. The law is the law. This isn't mob rule. You don't get to make them up as you go along to suit an agenda.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Man you really worship this guy huh? I'm sure in your fantasy Rittenhouse just coincidently gave someone a wad of cash at the same time they coincidently gave him a gun. No buying here, no sir.
    Nope. I deal with the facts and laws as written. You want to enforce mob ruie by completely ignoring the laws and facts while making up your own. And again, all the adult had to do was say "No I can't because I cannot purchase it legally". The mental gymnastics you are using to twist this to punish a guy is staggering.



    Care to show me where they jury reached a not guilty verdict on weapon charges?
    They threw the charge out because he was legally allowed to carry it under the law.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Now you can argue the laws are shit, but thats a different discussion. The point is dont give kids stuff they cant legal own or buy.
    Wisconsin is a big hunting state, so a number of the gun laws regarding minors were written with this in mind. The idea is that the minor would be ale to use the gun while hunting in the woods with an adult present. Now the judge did say the law was too vague, so the Wisconsin legislature will have to clean that up to be specifically clear on what is legal.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2021-11-21 at 06:13 PM.

  8. #22668
    Immortal PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    7,008
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    So now a job offer made as a political stunt solely to get attention = calling someone a role model?
    That's... exactly what it is.


    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    You still didn't list any crimes Rittenhouse committed. He was legally able to possess the gun and was found not guilty on all charges. The law is the law. This isn't mob rule. You don't get to make them up as you go along to suit an agenda.
    Aww, you can ignore the many times it's been posted, but you're still wrong, and I'll still correct you, champ. He might have been legally allowed to carry a rifle similar to the one he was carrying, but the actual rifle he was carrying was an illegally purchased rifle, for which he can face federal charges.


    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Nope. I deal with the facts and laws as written.
    Your ignorance of the law and how it's implemented is well-documented at this point. Perhaps don't dig this hole any deeper?


    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  9. #22669
    Titan Lenonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    13,958
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Not fantasy. It was all out there.
    the fantasy part is where that caused the 24 hours of deliberations. You have zero proof of that.

    So now a job offer made as a political stunt solely to get attention = calling someone a role model?
    uh. Yes? Last I checked people don't offer jobs with no application or interview to people they think are delinquents. The one stretching here is you.

    He was legally able to possess the gun
    no he wasn't.

    and was found not guilty on all charges.
    none of which included weapon charges
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

  10. #22670
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    the fantasy part is where that caused the 24 hours of deliberations. You have zero proof of that.
    YOu have zero proof of any of you fantasies,and the threats of violence if an acquittal is reached is on social media no matter how ,much you isist it didn't happen.

    uh. Yes? Last I checked people don't offer jobs with no application or interview to people they think are delinquents. The one stretching here is you.
    Wow this is not even remotely an argument. Offering someone a job does not = calling someone a role model. Just stop.

    no he wasn't.
    yes he was. That is why the charge was thrown out. Stop lying.

    none of which included weapon charges
    Because the gun charge was thrown out. He was ruled to have been legally able to possess the gun.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2021-11-21 at 07:30 PM.

  11. #22671
    Immortal PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    7,008
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    the threats of violence if an acquittal is reached is on social media no matter how ,much you isist it didn't happen.
    No, this is a right-wing fiction.


    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Offering someone a job does not = calling someone a role model. Just stop.
    A Congressional internship is not just "a job". It's a sign of support of the future of the intern by the Congressperson.


    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    yes he was. That is why the charge was thrown out. Stop lying.
    The state charge was unrelated to the reason why he was in illegal possession of the rifle. Keep up.


    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Because the gun charge was thrown out. He was ruled to have been legally able to own the gun.
    No, he was ruled to have been not unable to carry the firearm, which was the charge. The firearm was still illegal, and he was still in illegal possession according to federal laws.

    I'm getting the sense that you've put me on ignore now, because you keep getting schooled. You never admitted that you were either lying or just laughably wrong about Rittenhouse being sued.


    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  12. #22672
    Titan Lenonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    13,958
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    YOu have zero proof of any of you fantasies,and the threats of violence if an acquittal is reached is on social media no matter how ,much you isist it didn't happen.
    your whataboutism is boring. You are the one that made the claim that the reason for the long deliberation time was jury intimidation, flying in the face of legal experts. Burden of proof is on you.

    Wow this is not even remotely an argument. Offering someone a job does not = calling someone a role model. Just stop.
    so what then do you call giving someone a job with no qualifications, no interview. And if you say it is a political stunt...why is it a political stunt. The math ain't hard here and your insistence that is due to nothing is absurd

    yes he was. That is why the charge was thrown out. Stop lying.
    Wisconsin laws aren't the only ones that apply. Stop lying.

    Because the gun charge was thrown out. He was ruled to have been legally able to possess the gun.
    that isn't what that means no matter how many times you repeat the lie.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

  13. #22673
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    So now a job offer made as a political stunt solely to get attention = calling someone a role model? That is beyond a complete stretch.
    How about going through the logic of why a right-wing politician feels this 'political stunt' would benefit him. I don't think you're making the point that you think you are.

    Ugh. @Lenonis beat me to it.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

  14. #22674
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    34,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Any evidence he was pointing it ? Because it did not convince the jury.
    The drone footage.

    The judge and the defense literally threatened to throw the trial out as a mistrial because the first time the drone footage was shown it was lower quality than the original shoot and they were accusing the prosecution of evidence tampering. In reality what happened is that the drone footage was compressed then decompressed when it was emailed to the prosecution, leading to the decrease in quality. When the jury reviewed the higher quality drone footage, literally nothing was different about the video, just higher quality. But the judge and the defense wanted to call for a mistrial over it IF a guilty verdict was reached. Because the judge at least is a Trumper stooge piece of shit.

    If anything, this demand for a mistrial over a slight decrease in quality was all optics to smear the prosecution and make the jury think they WERE tampering with evidence. There's no direct evidence to suggest this changed their mind, but putting it into the heads of the jury that the prosecution intentionally showed a low quality video as evidence tampering (even when the higher quality video literally was no different)


    Here's a quiz for all the Kyle stans in here. Basic gun safety stuff.

    Question 1: Don't point your gun at someone unless you intend to ___________ (Fill in the blank)
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2021-11-21 at 08:29 PM.
    Plenty of people have been holding their breath waiting for me to fail. I think they all suffocated years ago.
    "Nazis are like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them." -John Oliver

  15. #22675
    Titan Lenonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    13,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    The drone footage.


    Here's a quiz for all the Kyle stans in here. Basic gun safety stuff.

    Question 1: Don't point your gun at someone unless you intend to ___________ (Fill in the blank)
    Is the answer "get job offers from congressmen"?

    No?

    Oh.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

  16. #22676
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    How about going through the logic of why a right-wing politician feels this 'political stunt' would benefit him. I don't think you're making the point that you think you are.
    Because it gets him in the news and it galvanizes his supporters. Remember, he is up for re-election next year already. It is ALWAYS about getting votes in the next election. What better way to galvanize your base, one that are also Trump supporters by the way, by exploiting this verdict by offering a job to him. But trying to equate a job offer to calling someone a role model is just absolutely absurd and, frankly, far left BS.

  17. #22677
    Immortal PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    7,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Is the answer "get job offers from congressmen"?

    No?

    Oh.
    The answer is also not "self defense them to death", right?


    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  18. #22678
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    23,129
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Because it gets him in the news and it galvanizes his supporters. Remember, he is up for re-election next year already. It is ALWAYS about getting votes in the next election. What better way to galvanize your base, one that are also Trump supporters by the way, by exploiting this verdict by offering a job to him. But trying to equate a job offer to calling someone a role model is just absolutely absurd and, frankly, far left BS.
    In no universe apart from "words have the meaning I give them"-universe makes this any sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

  19. #22679
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Because it gets him in the news and it galvanizes his supporters. Remember, he is up for re-election next year already. It is ALWAYS about getting votes in the next election. What better way to galvanize your base, one that are also Trump supporters by the way, by exploiting this verdict by offering a job to him. But trying to equate a job offer to calling someone a role model is just absolutely absurd and, frankly, far left BS.
    Now you're just arguing semantics on the term "role model." The right is clearly lionizing him (and they have been since the incident happened and before the facts were more established).
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

  20. #22680
    Titan Lenonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    13,958
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Because it gets him in the news and it galvanizes his supporters.
    You are just so close. So close. Just one more baby step.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Now you're just arguing semantics on the term "role model." The right is clearly lionizing him (and they have been since the incident happened and before the facts were more established).
    Fine. Let's not call him a role model. Let's instead call him "someone a politician can use to get votes by offering a job to someone who the right feels embodies right wing principles and thus should be supported and praised."

    Is that better?

    I kinda feel role model is a lot more efficient to type though.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •