Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    No card-carrying white supremacists were in that bar group either as far as i'm aware.
    Sure, they sang suspicious songs and flashed suspicious signs - but none of them were actual members of white supremacist organization.

So it's third-degree association at best.
    Now we're getting down to the meat and potatoes. This admission alone sinks any hope you and others would have for the hypothetical defamation lawsuits.

Again, the standard is a lot higher than y'all keep thinking it is. The First Amendment is extremely robust, for better or worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    No card-carrying white supremacists were in that bar group either as far as i'm aware.
    Sure, they sang suspicious songs and flashed suspicious signs - but none of them were actual members of white supremacist organization.

So you do understand why there's no possible case for defamation, here.

You're just pretending otherwise for, what, fake Internet points?

And you would be wrong. He is literally pictured with the white supremacist Proud Boys, literally throwing up the White Power hand sign, without being threatened to do so. And yes, the Proud Boys are white supremacists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDruid96 View Post
    Everyone has the right to their own opinion, but you don't have the right to your own facts. I find it disturbing you guys are still arguing things that have been proven false in the court of law. Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean you have the right them to be locked up or even murdered.
    Tell me how you feel about the "lock her up" chants.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone has the right to their own opinion, but you don't have the right to your own facts. I find it disturbing you guys are still arguing things that have been proven false in the court of law. Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean you have the right them to be locked up or even murdered.
    People keep saying stuff like this, but when I ask them about Casey Anthony and OJ Simpson they disappear.

- - - Updated - - -

Not even then.

And "voluntary" meeting was arranged by his former lawyer Lyn Wood - one that apparently used his 2m crowdfunded bail money to pay his own debts; Rittenhouse didn't seek it out himself.
    Even if true it's still voluntary unless Lyn wood held a gun to his head and forced him.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    People keep saying stuff like this, but when I ask them about Casey Anthony and OJ Simpson they disappear.
    Or literally any of the dozens (hundreds?) of death-row convictions overturned with DNA evidence.

15+ Year Old Account
    What facts are being made up? You guys keep spouting this but you give no examples other than "He's not guilty!" And ultimately this came down to how the judge instructed the jury to approach the laws of self defense in the state.

Rittenhouse clearly pointed his gun directly at these people before any charging ever occurred. ANY right winger should know what pointing your gun at someone means. Or you failed gun safety and protocols.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    What facts are being made up? You guys keep spouting this but you give no examples other than "He's not guilty!" And ultimately this came down to how the judge instructed the jury to approach the laws of self defense in the state.

Rittenhouse clearly pointed his gun directly at these people before any charging ever occurred. ANY right winger should know what pointing your gun at someone means. Or you failed gun safety and protocols.
    Rittenhouse was found not guilty because how messed up US state law is.
    If any other person would have gone and killed Rittenhouse during the same event he or she could also claim self defense based on the actions of what Rittenhouse did.

Problem with US law is the inherit advantage for people of a certain background who can start a conflict and then claim self defense like with Zimmerman. Ahmaud Arbery case for example would have turned out differently if those rednecks pigs didn't record the whole god dam thing.

5+ Year Old Account
    His character, whether he's a good boy or son of satan is irrelevant, every human has right of self defense.

People are here calling for blm n antifa to attack people with impunity, that one doesn't have right to fight back?

You literally have a pedophile attacking a kid, n cuz kid isn't wearing ut team colors u are siding with the pedophile?

And here I thought football hooligans were awful...

I'm sure u all would be saying very different things if the kid with the gun was black n got attacked by 3 white proud bois with criminal records, one being a pedophile..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    His character, whether he's a good boy or son of satan is irrelevant
    Not to a potential defamation lawsuit, which is what was being discussed.

People are here calling for blm n antifa to attack people with impunity
    Where? Point it out.

You literally have a pedophile attacking a kid, n cuz kid isn't wearing ut team colors u are siding with the pedophile?
    Rittenhouse was charged as an adult, so he was an adult. And we're siding with not killing an unarmed man.

Watch a January 6th video or two.

I'm sure u all would be saying very different things if the kid with the gun was black n got attacked by 3 white proud bois with criminal records, one being a pedophile..
    And yet Rittenhouse was never attacked by Rosenbaum or Grosskreutz. Frankly, Huber's move with the skateboard wasn't really much of an "attack", either.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    And yet Rittenhouse was never attacked by Rosenbaum or Grosskreutz. Frankly, Huber's move with the skateboard wasn't really much of an "attack", either.
    ?
    grosskreutz himself testified that he had pulled a gun on rittenhouse
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    ?
    He said that he aimed his weapon towards Rittenhouse, as Rittenhouse was aiming his weapon towards Grosskreutz.

Only Rittenhouse made an attack in that situation; Grosskreutz notably never fired a round.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

His character, whether he's a good boy or son of satan is irrelevant, every human has right of self defense.

People are here calling for blm n antifa to attack people with impunity, that one doesn't have right to fight back?

Show me one person, just one, calling for BLM or Antifa to attack anyone, and I will denounce them. Meanwhile, we have people openly defending terrorists in the Proud Boys and Oathkeepers.

And Rosenbaum being a reformed pedophile means NOTHING. Especially since the evidence suggests that Rittenhouse was the aggressor, pointing his gun and chasing Rosenbaum.

?
    And based on the Rittenhouse defence logic if Grosskreutz shot and killed Rittenhouse that would also be justified because how far you can stretch this silly self defence argument.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    And based on the Rittenhouse defence logic if Grosskreutz shot and killed Rittenhouse that would also be justified because how far you can stretch this silly self defence argument.
    sure, i can see a case for it. devil'd be in the details
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

sure, i can see a case for it. devil'd be in the details
    Not really in the details but more in how the laws are written.
    Just like with Zimmerman you can start a conflict potentially lose a fight and then shoot the other person and claim self defence because how broad the law is written in some states like in Wisconsin vs how the law is worded in Georgia.

10+ Year Old Account

You can't say that one person's history is irrelevant, then slader someone else for their history.

Rittenhouse had no idea about Rosenbaum's past history. Yet I have seen on several accounts, people using Rosenbaum's criminal record as a good reason for Rittenhouse to have shot him. Yet when people mention Rittenhouse's history, it is suddenly a big no no?

Get outta here with that nonsense lol.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Show me one person, just one, calling for BLM or Antifa to attack anyone, and I will denounce them. Meanwhile, we have people openly defending terrorists in the Proud Boys and Oathkeepers.

And Rosenbaum being a reformed pedophile means NOTHING. Especially since the evidence suggests that Rittenhouse was the aggressor, pointing his gun and chasing Rosenbaum.
    Reformed Pedophile haha.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    He's been with the Cult of Trump for a while.

Hey, speaking of, remember that time Lucy Lawless knocked him down a peg or five over his response to the insurrection?

I guess that settles once and for all who would win a fight between Hercules and Xena.
    Both the character and the actress would win in a fight. Lucy Lawless is pretty buff. Kevin was pretty "Meh" as a Hercules. Now if it were Dwayne Johnson, things would be different.

People are here calling for blm n antifa to attack people with impunity
    Put up or shut up.

In which the background and history of one character is irrelevant, but the background and character of another is irrelevant because you say so because raisins.

And we end with whataboutism and a pained hypothetical.