1. #22941
    Immortal PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    7,186
    Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    how much in damages did the Kenosha riots cost?, for mainly peaceful protests it must be pretty low.
    WaPo: This summer’s Black Lives Matter protesters were overwhelmingly peaceful, our research finds.
    In short, our data suggest that 96.3 percent of events involved no property damage or police injuries


    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  2. #22942
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    70,367
    Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    its a simple question, why deflect?

    businesses got burnt down, people loosing there livelihoods and you come in the unreasonable and disengenous.
    Because it was a deliberately dishonest question, and I'm not going to entertain that kind of willful dishonesty, trying to shift goalposts and cloaking that attempt.


  3. #22943
    Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    how much in damages did the Kenosha riots cost?, for mainly peaceful protests it must be pretty low.
    Weather systems not strong enough to graduate from a tropical storm to a hurricane can cause hundreds of millions of dollars in damage. And yet shitheads on Fox (or wherever else you consume your preferred right-wing propaganda) aren't out there talking about "cities being destroyed" whenever hurricane season kicks off.

    The best part is, if you want to save a city the ~$50 million in damage the "riots" cause, you can simply improve policing to the point where they aren't routinely trying to murder citizens. If only preventing hurricane damage was so easy.

  4. #22944
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Yes, how fucking dare they try to take a gun away from a kid who just shot and killed somebody. The fucking gall of them to try and disarm an active shooter armed with nothing but a goddamned skateboard. Truly, such despicable actions were deserving of death.
    Testimony would indicate they (Huber, Grosskreutz) didn’t have a clear idea why they were chasing him and certainly not firsthand knowledge of the events between Rosenbaum and Rittenhouse.

    Somewhat ironically the claims about Rittenhouse causing provocation merely by carrying a rifle openly would have been alleviated if he’d been legally allowed to carry a handgun instead.

    They made a mistake. They shouldn’t have chased and attacked someone just because the general consensus of the mob was ‘get him!’ Kind of the same way the McMichael’s shouldn’t have chased Arbery without any firsthand knowledge of events. That Rittenhouse was acquitted and the McMichael’s were found guilty is evidence that these two juries judged these separate events in a similar way.

  5. #22945
    Immortal Hammerfest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    7,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    IMO the "bad faith" is on the side of those who want to misinform, deflect and move on from the story of the Waukesha massacre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Which thus far is literally just you.
    The mainstream media, genius.
    -Harlan Hammerfest, Paladin

    "Do you suppose it is beyond us to produce a dual system of astronomy? The stars can be near or distant, according as we need them. Do you suppose our mathematicians are unequal to that? Have you forgotten doublethink?" - O'brien, from Orwell's "Nineteen Eighty-Four"

  6. #22946
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Why is it so hard for you people to admit when you are wrong?
    I know how bail-bond works. Don’t try to be smart, because you’re not.

    10,000$ bail = 1,000$ bond
    Last edited by muto; 2021-11-24 at 09:40 PM.

  7. #22947
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Testimony would indicate they (Huber, Grosskreutz) didn’t have a clear idea why they were chasing him and certainly not firsthand knowledge of the events between Rosenbaum and Rittenhouse.
    Huber said he heard gunshots and the crowd was yelling "he shot him!" He testified his actions were because he believed Rittenhouse to be an active shooter.

  8. #22948
    Immortal PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    7,186
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Huber said he heard gunshots and the crowd was yelling "he shot him!" He testified his actions were because he believed Rittenhouse to be an active shooter.
    And if Huber had shot and killed Rittenhouse, he would have walked on a self-defense defense.


    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  9. #22949
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    The mainstream media, genius.
    Isn’t that Fox News? Most widely watched cable news channel.

    Or the Sinclair group which controls the most local tv stations?

    Or is it the other news networks whose parent companies donate to the GOP and other conservative causes?

  10. #22950
    Titan Lenonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    13,982
    And let's not forget the ones that weren't often had right wing agitators causing the violence.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

  11. #22951
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    34,599
    It's a fact that conservative grifters are OVERSTATING the damage of riots. "Entire cities being burned down" why can't they just admit that this is incredibly sensationalist and dishonest way to frame them?

    Also, it's like the 2010's, where conservatives took THE BIKE LOCK GUY clocking some dude with a bike lock as an example of how every antifa protest is violent. Like "LOOK AT THIS ONE GUY WHO HIT A GUY WITH A BIKE LOCK THIS IS EVERY ANTIFA THERE IS".

    Conservative media and grifters are wildly dishonest. I have no trouble admitting that damage was caused. I'm also well aware that the reasons these riots are happening is because cops are getting away with murdering black people. The very foundation and trust in our law system is completely gone in some communities all because a few racist fuckwit cops want to pump some lead into ""thugs"".

    And the easy solution? Reform these police stations and remove the systemic racial bias. Restore trust among the community.

    Conservative solution: "BRING OUT THE FIRING SQUAD AND EXECUTE THEM ALL"

    Yes, tons of conservatives have said and retweeted that protestors should just be killed on sight. This isn't some fiction, this is reality.

    If someone damages property, prosecute them under the law of property damage.



    "They deserve death at the hands of random vigilante teenagers" is a stupid fucking argument and I don't know why you guys keep making it and trying to justify it with "WELL THEY'RE VIOLENT".

    That's not how the American justice system works. If you want protestors and rioters to be shot and killed, you are completely ignoring most of the first ten amendments of the constitution. If you just hate the constitution for not allowing you to mow down protestors with an AR 15, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.
    Plenty of people have been holding their breath waiting for me to fail. I think they all suffocated years ago.
    "Nazis are like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them." -John Oliver

  12. #22952
    Titan Lenonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    13,982
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I know how bail-bond works. Don’t try to be smart, because you’re not.

    10,000$ bail = 1,000$ bond
    Can you please teach it to this guy then? Especially since that guy doubled down that it was $1k bail when someone pointed out the error?

    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    You think 1,000$ bail is okay for running someone over?
    JFC dude just admit you were wrong. It doesn't hurt. I promise.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

  13. #22953
    Immortal Hammerfest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    7,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Isn’t that Fox News?
    If you tally up Fox News against CNN, PMSNBC, Headline News, ABC News, CBS News, and NBC News I believe you will find Fox News in the minority. But you knew that. The MSM (mainstream media) does not include Fox News and never has... this is why Fox routinely calls out the MSM (i.e. their competitors).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    It's a fact that conservative grifters are OVERSTATING the damage of riots.
    It's a fact that the Left and MSM understated them... calling them "protests" and "mostly-peaceful protests."
    -Harlan Hammerfest, Paladin

    "Do you suppose it is beyond us to produce a dual system of astronomy? The stars can be near or distant, according as we need them. Do you suppose our mathematicians are unequal to that? Have you forgotten doublethink?" - O'brien, from Orwell's "Nineteen Eighty-Four"

  14. #22954
    Immortal PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    7,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    It's a fact that the Left and MSM understated them... calling them "protests" and "mostly-peaceful protests."
    Oh... you mean the truth. Yes, the left and "MSM" did state the truth.


    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  15. #22955
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    If you tally up Fox News against CNN, PMSNBC, Headline News, ABC News, CBS News, and NBC News I believe you will find Fox News in the minority. But you knew that. The MSM (mainstream media) does not include Fox News and never has... this is why Fox routinely calls out the MSM (i.e. their competitors).
    That's like saying that Coke isn't mainstream because, if you stack all it's competitors into a single entity, Coke is in the minority.

  16. #22956
    Immortal Hammerfest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    7,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    It's a fact that the Left and MSM understated them... calling them "protests" and "mostly-peaceful protests."
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Oh... you mean the truth.
    Must be nice, wherever it is you live...
    -Harlan Hammerfest, Paladin

    "Do you suppose it is beyond us to produce a dual system of astronomy? The stars can be near or distant, according as we need them. Do you suppose our mathematicians are unequal to that? Have you forgotten doublethink?" - O'brien, from Orwell's "Nineteen Eighty-Four"

  17. #22957
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Must be nice, wherever it is you live...
    We live on this Round Globe that we have dubbed "Earth".

    I understand you live on the Flat one.

  18. #22958
    Immortal Hammerfest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    7,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    That's like saying that Coke isn't mainstream because, if you stack all it's competitors into a single entity, Coke is in the minority.
    FNC isn't considered part of the mainstream media, in part because it was created to counter the mainstream media. Those who don't know this haven't been paying attention.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Wow, reality hits the Left hard bro...
    -Harlan Hammerfest, Paladin

    "Do you suppose it is beyond us to produce a dual system of astronomy? The stars can be near or distant, according as we need them. Do you suppose our mathematicians are unequal to that? Have you forgotten doublethink?" - O'brien, from Orwell's "Nineteen Eighty-Four"

  19. #22959
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    FNC isn't considered part of the mainstream media, in part because it was created to counter the mainstream media. Those who don't know this haven't been paying attention.
    "We're not the mainstream...because we say so"

    Well shit, I guess anyone can just declare themselves not mainstream.

    Wow, reality hits the Left hard bro...
    Reality seems to have missed you entirely, "bro"

  20. #22960
    Immortal PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    7,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Must be nice, wherever it is you live...
    Oh, it is. A bit rainy, but nice, considering I live in one of those cities that the right likes to talk about being "destroyed by protests":
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Also, in other completely, hilariously unrelated news (/s), I stopped by the Seattle CHAZ/CHOP last weekend to support the cause.







    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •