So in the list of things police mistake for guns including -

- A cell phone
    - A sandwich
    - Literally nothing at all
    - A piece of pipe

And many more, we can add

- A small latch actuator

I'm curious why they identified Petit as a suspect? It doesn't seem they knew about the earlier warrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So in the list of things police mistake for guns including -

- A cell phone
    - A sandwich
    - Literally nothing at all
    - A piece of pipe

And many more, we can add

- A small latch actuator
    And in this case...at least one of the cops knew it wasn't a gun and said so out loud.

There's also bodycam footage of another officer asking "You said that's not a gun?"...so it's not like no one heard him.

Also, after they shot the guy that was not carrying a gun...they charged him for walking around with a replica firearm.

I'm curious why they identified Petit as a suspect? It doesn't seem they knew about the earlier warrants.
    Apparently there was a report of a "dreadlocked man" walking around with something that looked like a semi-automatic weapon...which was actually just a fucking actuator.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-09-02 at 11:25 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...-part/2977196/

"It's not a gun, bro"...that's one of the officers speaking.
    He better be fucking going to prison.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...-part/2977196/

"It's not a gun, bro"...that's one of the officers speaking.
    So, attempted murder, given that one cop's telling the others it's not a gun well before shots are fired.

Fuck these racist violent Klan types. You shouldn't get to get away with a fucking lynching just because you have a badge. Because that's what this was. Lynching.

And before anyone gets upset with my for the use of "Klan"; he's murdering a black guy for walking down the street while black. That's shit Klan members are known for. If you're upset by my phrasing, engage in some self-reflection. I hope no one is, but I'm gonna lay that out pre-emptively.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-09-03 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    So, murder. Arguably first degree, given that one cop's telling the others it's not a gun well before shots are fired.
    Well, not murder. Luckily the dude they shot is still alive. But yeah... attempted murder seems about right.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-09-03 at 01:19 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, not murder. Luckily the dude they shot is still alive. But yeah... attempted murder seems about right.
    Oh, I assumed he died, but attempted then, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Oh, I assumed he died
    Came pretty close from what I gather...he was critical when he was brought in to the hospital.

https://www.seattleweekly.com/news/f...-tiktok-video/

Go on a social media rant, in-uniform and inside your patrol car seemingly during work hours, threatening the public and telling them that if they don't get the fuck out of the way of a police vehicle that the police fill find any reason to arrest them?

No big deal, suspended for a shift and that's it. Review of her past arrests given her public statement that she, and in her belief other officers, will make up any reason to arrest people who inconvenience them? Nope, not necessary even after she openly discussed about the tactic.

Reminder: That officers feel like posting something like this publicly is a good idea speaks to how deep and systemic the rot within law enforcement is.

https://www.reddit.com/r/facepalm/co...heir_birthday/

Cops show up to a hotel room for a noise complaint, with the music already turned down and the couple in the room apologizing.

Should be it, right?

Nope. Cops demand to see ID for no reason. It is provided apparently, nothing suspicious. Cop decides to lecture them for some reason and the girlfriend slams the door in their face because - literally - the cops have no further reason to speak with the couple.

Cops call for backup and tell them that they need to leave the hotel - which I'm not sure they actually have the authority to do, only the hotel does.

Cops grab...a riot gun? While the couple is packing their stuff to leave.

Cops call for tasers for...some reason.

Woman gets tased for no reason, cops are pointing the riot gun at her at close range, boyfriend goes to protect her and gets tased twice. The officers then proceed to beat the crap outta the couple with batons. And the boyfriend got shot in the stomach at close range with the riot gun.

San Jose cops are fascist fucks that abuse their authoirty and every officer involved should be charged with assault - bare-minimum - and violating their civil rights.

Local DA doesn't think he can secure a conviction despite the video evidence of the officers taking what is a normal trouble call that warrants a verbal warning and escalating it into a violent physical confrontation leaving two innocent people bruised, battered, and traumatized.

Oh, and it was the girlfriends birthday.

Apparently the use of force was "appropriate".

Man, I ain't gonna wish death on no one or anything but I sure would be glad to see every one of these fascist pigs get the shit kicked outta them pretty soon.

Where are all the good cops that are willing to stand up against the "few bad apples" we keep hearing about? Because when you have a few good apples in a basket filled with bad apples, all you actually have is a basket of bad apples.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because apparently cops being shitty people wasn't subtle enough, we have some motherfucker pulling the MO of a 1940s cartoon villain and Leaving his patrol car parked on some train tracks with a suspect handcuffed in the back seat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Denver Post
    A woman in police custody in Weld County was seriously injured Friday night when the patrol vehicle she had been placed in — which was parked on railroad tracks — was struck by a train.

The incident happened about 7:30 p.m. near U.S. 285 and Weld County Road 38, just north of Platteville, according to a Colorado Bureau of Investigation news release.

Police were responding to an initial report of road rage involving a firearm in Fort Lupton when the train collision incident unfolded, the bureau said.

A Platteville officer located a vehicle and made a traffic stop, with the driver, a 20-year-old Greeley woman, pulling over just beyond the railroad tracks, according to the bureau. The officer stopped on the railroad tracks behind the pulled-over vehicle.

Two Fort Lupton officers arrived, and the woman, a felony menacing suspect, was removed from her vehicle and placed in the Platteville patrol car parked on the tracks.

“While the officers cleared the suspect vehicle as part of the investigation, a train traveling northbound struck the PPD patrol car,” the release said.

The woman was taken to a Greeley hospital after the crash. Details on her injuries were not released.

Fort Lupton police are investigating details that led to the initial call for police assistance. The State Patrol is investigating the woman’s injuries, and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation has been asked to investigate the woman’s injuries.
    Now for people who don't know a whole lot about trains I'll fill you guys in on some important factors:

Trains are loud as shit, and blare their horns constantly as they come within a mile or so within train crossings. Not knowing one is coming means you're either def or fucking stupid.

Also when a Train is within horn-blasting range, the train crossing arms come down so even the stupidest motherfuckers know that, yes, a train is coming.

Lastly: Trains are thousands of tonns of steel barreling down at around fifty miles per hour, and with that much mass and momentum they're not stopping for anything, and it takes them actual minutes to come to a stop because of it. So anyone who knows anything about anything knows that parking your goddamn car on the train tracks is fucking stupid.

So while it doesn't appear that the cop in question was deliberately trying to get this woman hit by a train, he's sure as shit seems like they're just unbelievably stupid and negligent.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Because apparently cops being shitty people wasn't subtle enough, we have some motherfucker pulling the MO of a 1940s cartoon villain and Leaving his patrol car parked on some train tracks with a suspect handcuffed in the back seat.

Now for people who don't know a whole lot about trains I'll fill you guys in on some important factors:

Trains are loud as shit, and blare their horns constantly as they come within a mile or so within train crossings. Not knowing one is coming means you're either def or fucking stupid.

Also when a Train is within horn-blasting range, the train crossing arms come down so even the stupidest motherfuckers know that, yes, a train is coming.

Lastly: Trains are thousands of tonns of steel barreling down at around fifty miles per hour, and with that much mass and momentum they're not stopping for anything, and it takes them actual minutes to come to a stop because of it. So anyone who knows anything about anything knows that parking your goddamn car on the train tracks is fucking stupid.

So while it doesn't appear that the cop in question was deliberately trying to get this woman hit by a train, he's sure as shit seems like they're just unbelievably stupid and negligent.
    Seriously
    If you do anything other that emergency stop on a rail crossing in Sweden during your driving exam you don't get a licence.
    The arms break super easily in case you get stuck so you can just drive out!
    - Lars

...the fucking fuck? Why would you ever stop on train tracks on an active rail line, ever? Much less stop there and leave someone in the car who cannot leave?

I haven't the foggiest clue what the correct charge would be, but that should be like, negligent attempted manslaughter or something. Glad she didn't did, and hope her injuries aren't too bad, but whoever the fuck those cops are should be fuckin fired and never allowed to work the forces ever again. If that's the quality of their decision making they should never be in any positions of authority ever again.

I wouldn't even trust these motherfuckers to work a fuckin fryer. These are the dumb motherfuckers that would unironically put ice in that shit because they don't know better, not even do that shit because it's their last day on the job and they want that tiktok fame.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Definitely not disagreeing about the systemic rot, but that video comes off more as an entitled Karen on a power trip. The problem is that anyone would give such a person a badge in the first place.
    Nah, that ain't it bruh. Even if we ignore that any "Karen" that wants a badge can get one...the issue is that there is no accountability for behaviour like this.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, this should even piss off our most conservative of posters...won't anyone think of all that damage caused to public property...

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if he was trying to threaten her with death, hitting a car like that is one of the kings of things that can derail a train. Not often, but it happens. So we can put the massive consequences of a train derailment onto the negligence of his actions.

There is no way the man shouldn't be criminally charged for that shit.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.2465...!7i3328!8i1664
    I think I googled map the right location, but the area has no crossing guards. Link above will put you right at the train tracks. Looking left and the line of sigh should of been plenty if a train was coming from that way, looking right and it looks like it might bend a short distance away. Also trains do not seem to use their horn until they are 1/4th a mile away or about 15-20 seconds. https://railroads.dot.gov/highway-ra...rule-and-quiet

However none of this still excuses leaving a car on a train track and should only go to reinforce why you do not do it. The cop 100% needs to lose their job at a minimum. Depending on what the investigations find from there the charges could obviously increase.
    Last edited by Deus Mortis; 2022-09-19 at 11:30 PM.

Some towns have quiet areas where they don't use their horns, and not all crossings have gates (in fact, a minority do). The real problem was stopping on the fucking tracks in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    https://www.google.com/maps/@40.2465...!7i3328!8i1664
    I think I googled map the right location, but the area has no crossing guards. Link above will put you right at the train tracks. Looking left and the line of sigh should of been plenty if a train was coming from that way, looking right and it looks like it might bend a short distance away. Also trains do not seem to use their horn until they are 1/4th a mile away or about 15-20 seconds. https://railroads.dot.gov/highway-ra...rule-and-quiet

However none of this still excuses leaving a car on a train track and should only go to reinforce why you do not do it. The cop 100% needs to lose their job at a minimum. Depending on what the investigations find from there the charges could obviously increase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Some towns have quiet areas where they don't use their horns, and not all crossings have gates (in fact, a minority do). The real problem was stopping on the fucking tracks in the first place.
    Huh, TIL. I've always lived in places that were really damn sure to announce trains were coming so maybe that's fucked my perspective a bit. I thank you both for these corrections, but also still agree that parking on fucking train tracks is stupid as shit.

Huh, TIL. I've always lived in places that were really damn sure to announce trains were coming so maybe that's fucked my perspective a bit. I thank you both for these corrections, but also still agree that parking on fucking train tracks is stupid as shit.
    Yeah, the lawsuit stemming from this is going to be outrageous. Unfortunately, it looks like the CO statute for this is only a misdemeanor, so the officer/s themself/ves won't likely have any serious consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Someone is going to be a multimillionaire. All cops at this scene need to be fired at a bare minimum. Dashcam/bodycam from the train incident. Suspect should of been placed in one of the other police vehicles ffs.

Edit: 19 seconds from the first horn I could hear on video till the moment of impact. Plenty of time to move the car forward if people were paying attention.
    Last edited by Deus Mortis; 2022-09-25 at 05:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Someone is going to be a multimillionaire. All cops at this scene need to be fired at a bare minimum. Dashcam/bodycam from the train incident. Suspect should of been placed in one of the other police vehicles ffs.

Edit: 19 seconds from the first horn I could hear on video till the moment of impact. Plenty of time to move the car forward if people were paying attention.
    It's so collossally fucking stupid that IMO it should be prosecuted as attempted murder in the first degree. There is no earthly reason to stop a patrol car on those tracks, unless the intent is to put a suspect in the car and let the train kill her. There isn't another legitimate reason to have put the car on those tracks; it's at the level of asking a buddy if you can test your new handgun by shooting him in the face, and then shooting him in the face. You can claim you're enough of an idiot that you didn't know what would happen, but no jury on this green Earth should believe your incredibly fucking stupid story.

"It was an accident and we totally didn't know that parking on train tracks was dangerous" is a claim that's so unreasonable that I can't accept it; it falls into the category of things that lie beyond reasonable doubt.