1. #24541
    https://www.reddit.com/r/facepalm/co...heir_birthday/

    Cops show up to a hotel room for a noise complaint, with the music already turned down and the couple in the room apologizing.

    Should be it, right?

    Nope. Cops demand to see ID for no reason. It is provided apparently, nothing suspicious. Cop decides to lecture them for some reason and the girlfriend slams the door in their face because - literally - the cops have no further reason to speak with the couple.

    Cops call for backup and tell them that they need to leave the hotel - which I'm not sure they actually have the authority to do, only the hotel does.

    Cops grab...a riot gun? While the couple is packing their stuff to leave.

    Cops call for tasers for...some reason.

    Woman gets tased for no reason, cops are pointing the riot gun at her at close range, boyfriend goes to protect her and gets tased twice. The officers then proceed to beat the crap outta the couple with batons. And the boyfriend got shot in the stomach at close range with the riot gun.

    San Jose cops are fascist fucks that abuse their authoirty and every officer involved should be charged with assault - bare-minimum - and violating their civil rights.

    Local DA doesn't think he can secure a conviction despite the video evidence of the officers taking what is a normal trouble call that warrants a verbal warning and escalating it into a violent physical confrontation leaving two innocent people bruised, battered, and traumatized.

    Oh, and it was the girlfriends birthday.

    Apparently the use of force was "appropriate".

    Man, I ain't gonna wish death on no one or anything but I sure would be glad to see every one of these fascist pigs get the shit kicked outta them pretty soon.

    Where are all the good cops that are willing to stand up against the "few bad apples" we keep hearing about? Because when you have a few good apples in a basket filled with bad apples, all you actually have is a basket of bad apples.

  2. #24542
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Look behind you.
    Posts
    2,965
    Because apparently cops being shitty people wasn't subtle enough, we have some motherfucker pulling the MO of a 1940s cartoon villain and Leaving his patrol car parked on some train tracks with a suspect handcuffed in the back seat.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Denver Post
    A woman in police custody in Weld County was seriously injured Friday night when the patrol vehicle she had been placed in — which was parked on railroad tracks — was struck by a train.

    The incident happened about 7:30 p.m. near U.S. 285 and Weld County Road 38, just north of Platteville, according to a Colorado Bureau of Investigation news release.

    Police were responding to an initial report of road rage involving a firearm in Fort Lupton when the train collision incident unfolded, the bureau said.

    A Platteville officer located a vehicle and made a traffic stop, with the driver, a 20-year-old Greeley woman, pulling over just beyond the railroad tracks, according to the bureau. The officer stopped on the railroad tracks behind the pulled-over vehicle.

    Two Fort Lupton officers arrived, and the woman, a felony menacing suspect, was removed from her vehicle and placed in the Platteville patrol car parked on the tracks.

    “While the officers cleared the suspect vehicle as part of the investigation, a train traveling northbound struck the PPD patrol car,” the release said.

    The woman was taken to a Greeley hospital after the crash. Details on her injuries were not released.

    Fort Lupton police are investigating details that led to the initial call for police assistance. The State Patrol is investigating the woman’s injuries, and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation has been asked to investigate the woman’s injuries.
    Now for people who don't know a whole lot about trains I'll fill you guys in on some important factors:

    Trains are loud as shit, and blare their horns constantly as they come within a mile or so within train crossings. Not knowing one is coming means you're either def or fucking stupid.

    Also when a Train is within horn-blasting range, the train crossing arms come down so even the stupidest motherfuckers know that, yes, a train is coming.

    Lastly: Trains are thousands of tonns of steel barreling down at around fifty miles per hour, and with that much mass and momentum they're not stopping for anything, and it takes them actual minutes to come to a stop because of it. So anyone who knows anything about anything knows that parking your goddamn car on the train tracks is fucking stupid.

    So while it doesn't appear that the cop in question was deliberately trying to get this woman hit by a train, he's sure as shit seems like they're just unbelievably stupid and negligent.

  3. #24543
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Because apparently cops being shitty people wasn't subtle enough, we have some motherfucker pulling the MO of a 1940s cartoon villain and Leaving his patrol car parked on some train tracks with a suspect handcuffed in the back seat.



    Now for people who don't know a whole lot about trains I'll fill you guys in on some important factors:

    Trains are loud as shit, and blare their horns constantly as they come within a mile or so within train crossings. Not knowing one is coming means you're either def or fucking stupid.

    Also when a Train is within horn-blasting range, the train crossing arms come down so even the stupidest motherfuckers know that, yes, a train is coming.

    Lastly: Trains are thousands of tonns of steel barreling down at around fifty miles per hour, and with that much mass and momentum they're not stopping for anything, and it takes them actual minutes to come to a stop because of it. So anyone who knows anything about anything knows that parking your goddamn car on the train tracks is fucking stupid.

    So while it doesn't appear that the cop in question was deliberately trying to get this woman hit by a train, he's sure as shit seems like they're just unbelievably stupid and negligent.
    Seriously
    If you do anything other that emergency stop on a rail crossing in Sweden during your driving exam you don't get a licence.
    The arms break super easily in case you get stuck so you can just drive out!
    - Lars

  4. #24544
    ...the fucking fuck? Why would you ever stop on train tracks on an active rail line, ever? Much less stop there and leave someone in the car who cannot leave?

    I haven't the foggiest clue what the correct charge would be, but that should be like, negligent attempted manslaughter or something. Glad she didn't did, and hope her injuries aren't too bad, but whoever the fuck those cops are should be fuckin fired and never allowed to work the forces ever again. If that's the quality of their decision making they should never be in any positions of authority ever again.

    I wouldn't even trust these motherfuckers to work a fuckin fryer. These are the dumb motherfuckers that would unironically put ice in that shit because they don't know better, not even do that shit because it's their last day on the job and they want that tiktok fame.

  5. #24545
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Definitely not disagreeing about the systemic rot, but that video comes off more as an entitled Karen on a power trip. The problem is that anyone would give such a person a badge in the first place.
    Nah, that ain't it bruh. Even if we ignore that any "Karen" that wants a badge can get one...the issue is that there is no accountability for behaviour like this.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Because apparently cops being shitty people wasn't subtle enough, we have some motherfucker pulling the MO of a 1940s cartoon villain and Leaving his patrol car parked on some train tracks with a suspect handcuffed in the back seat.

    So while it doesn't appear that the cop in question was deliberately trying to get this woman hit by a train, he's sure as shit seems like they're just unbelievably stupid and negligent.
    I mean, this should even piss off our most conservative of posters...won't anyone think of all that damage caused to public property...
    Isms bore me. I think they are only brought by people who seek to marginalize the potential of each ism to provide something meaningful. Name it, Capitalism, Socialism, even Communism-- all contain something of merit towards structuring a society. The biggest flaw in human history has been the need to take the worst of a system along with the best. It doesn't have to be all of one and none of another.

  6. #24546
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    73,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    So while it doesn't appear that the cop in question was deliberately trying to get this woman hit by a train, he's sure as shit seems like they're just unbelievably stupid and negligent.
    Even if he was trying to threaten her with death, hitting a car like that is one of the kings of things that can derail a train. Not often, but it happens. So we can put the massive consequences of a train derailment onto the negligence of his actions.

    There is no way the man shouldn't be criminally charged for that shit.


  7. #24547
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Because apparently cops being shitty people wasn't subtle enough, we have some motherfucker pulling the MO of a 1940s cartoon villain and Leaving his patrol car parked on some train tracks with a suspect handcuffed in the back seat.



    Now for people who don't know a whole lot about trains I'll fill you guys in on some important factors:

    Trains are loud as shit, and blare their horns constantly as they come within a mile or so within train crossings. Not knowing one is coming means you're either def or fucking stupid.

    Also when a Train is within horn-blasting range, the train crossing arms come down so even the stupidest motherfuckers know that, yes, a train is coming.

    Lastly: Trains are thousands of tonns of steel barreling down at around fifty miles per hour, and with that much mass and momentum they're not stopping for anything, and it takes them actual minutes to come to a stop because of it. So anyone who knows anything about anything knows that parking your goddamn car on the train tracks is fucking stupid.

    So while it doesn't appear that the cop in question was deliberately trying to get this woman hit by a train, he's sure as shit seems like they're just unbelievably stupid and negligent.
    https://www.google.com/maps/@40.2465...!7i3328!8i1664
    I think I googled map the right location, but the area has no crossing guards. Link above will put you right at the train tracks. Looking left and the line of sigh should of been plenty if a train was coming from that way, looking right and it looks like it might bend a short distance away. Also trains do not seem to use their horn until they are 1/4th a mile away or about 15-20 seconds. https://railroads.dot.gov/highway-ra...rule-and-quiet

    However none of this still excuses leaving a car on a train track and should only go to reinforce why you do not do it. The cop 100% needs to lose their job at a minimum. Depending on what the investigations find from there the charges could obviously increase.
    Last edited by Deus Mortis; 2022-09-19 at 11:30 PM.

  8. #24548
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Trains are loud as shit, and blare their horns constantly as they come within a mile or so within train crossings. Not knowing one is coming means you're either def or fucking stupid.

    Also when a Train is within horn-blasting range, the train crossing arms come down so even the stupidest motherfuckers know that, yes, a train is coming.
    Some towns have quiet areas where they don't use their horns, and not all crossings have gates (in fact, a minority do). The real problem was stopping on the fucking tracks in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

  9. #24549
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Look behind you.
    Posts
    2,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    https://www.google.com/maps/@40.2465...!7i3328!8i1664
    I think I googled map the right location, but the area has no crossing guards. Link above will put you right at the train tracks. Looking left and the line of sigh should of been plenty if a train was coming from that way, looking right and it looks like it might bend a short distance away. Also trains do not seem to use their horn until they are 1/4th a mile away or about 15-20 seconds. https://railroads.dot.gov/highway-ra...rule-and-quiet

    However none of this still excuses leaving a car on a train track and should only go to reinforce why you do not do it. The cop 100% needs to lose their job at a minimum. Depending on what the investigations find from there the charges could obviously increase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Some towns have quiet areas where they don't use their horns, and not all crossings have gates (in fact, a minority do). The real problem was stopping on the fucking tracks in the first place.
    Huh, TIL. I've always lived in places that were really damn sure to announce trains were coming so maybe that's fucked my perspective a bit. I thank you both for these corrections, but also still agree that parking on fucking train tracks is stupid as shit.

  10. #24550
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Huh, TIL. I've always lived in places that were really damn sure to announce trains were coming so maybe that's fucked my perspective a bit. I thank you both for these corrections, but also still agree that parking on fucking train tracks is stupid as shit.
    Yeah, the lawsuit stemming from this is going to be outrageous. Unfortunately, it looks like the CO statute for this is only a misdemeanor, so the officer/s themself/ves won't likely have any serious consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

  11. #24551
    Someone is going to be a multimillionaire. All cops at this scene need to be fired at a bare minimum. Dashcam/bodycam from the train incident. Suspect should of been placed in one of the other police vehicles ffs.


    Edit: 19 seconds from the first horn I could hear on video till the moment of impact. Plenty of time to move the car forward if people were paying attention.
    Last edited by Deus Mortis; 2022-09-25 at 05:58 AM.

  12. #24552
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    73,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Someone is going to be a multimillionaire. All cops at this scene need to be fired at a bare minimum. Dashcam/bodycam from the train incident. Suspect should of been placed in one of the other police vehicles ffs.


    Edit: 19 seconds from the first horn I could hear on video till the moment of impact. Plenty of time to move the car forward if people were paying attention.
    It's so collossally fucking stupid that IMO it should be prosecuted as attempted murder in the first degree. There is no earthly reason to stop a patrol car on those tracks, unless the intent is to put a suspect in the car and let the train kill her. There isn't another legitimate reason to have put the car on those tracks; it's at the level of asking a buddy if you can test your new handgun by shooting him in the face, and then shooting him in the face. You can claim you're enough of an idiot that you didn't know what would happen, but no jury on this green Earth should believe your incredibly fucking stupid story.

    "It was an accident and we totally didn't know that parking on train tracks was dangerous" is a claim that's so unreasonable that I can't accept it; it falls into the category of things that lie beyond reasonable doubt.


  13. #24553
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's so collossally fucking stupid that IMO it should be prosecuted as attempted murder in the first degree. There is no earthly reason to stop a patrol car on those tracks, unless the intent is to put a suspect in the car and let the train kill her. There isn't another legitimate reason to have put the car on those tracks; it's at the level of asking a buddy if you can test your new handgun by shooting him in the face, and then shooting him in the face. You can claim you're enough of an idiot that you didn't know what would happen, but no jury on this green Earth should believe your incredibly fucking stupid story.

    "It was an accident and we totally didn't know that parking on train tracks was dangerous" is a claim that's so unreasonable that I can't accept it; it falls into the category of things that lie beyond reasonable doubt.
    Yeah it is just mind boggling stupid. There was enough room for the lead car to clear the tracks, but he would of been on the persons bumper, so his spot is probably how they are trained so he should of used the speaker that he had and told the driver to move up 10-15 feet so he could be behind the truck at a safer distance while being clear of the tracks. Just pure incompetence from this department. No chance of getting 1st degree though as it was the male cop who parked there and the female cop who placed the suspect into the guys car. To reach 1st degree you have to have intent to kill that person. You would be able to argue for 2nd degree though.
    Edit: In Colorado this would carry a sentence of 4-12 years followed by 5 years mandatory parole.
    Last edited by Deus Mortis; 2022-09-25 at 06:31 AM.

  14. #24554
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Edit: In Colorado this would carry a sentence of 4-12 years followed by 5 years mandatory parole.
    In colorado this is, at most, a misdemeanor. The person didn't die. Reckless endangerment is a misdemeanor if no one dies in CO. Regardless of endus' take, that's not reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

  15. #24555
    Earlier this week, a San Antonio cop abruptly confronted a teen eating in a McDonalds parking lot & demanded the teen exit his vehicle.

    When the teen asked why, the cop immediately assaulted & then shot him MULTIPLE TIMES. Cop tried to (falsely) claim the teen had struck him 1st


    *Warning* Video is in link. Shows cop firing into vehicle. No death or blood.

    So for those choosing not to watch vid or open link. Yeah, cop pulled up, said "get out of the car". Driver asked "why". Had both his hands on steering wheel. Cop immediately tried to pull him out of car. Within not even 2 seconds the cop lets go and fires 5 to 6 shots into the car door.

    Claims the person struck him but don't see it when he went to grab. Even then, Excessive escalation and violence on the police officer.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

    -Isaac Asimov

  16. #24556
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    73,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Earlier this week, a San Antonio cop abruptly confronted a teen eating in a McDonalds parking lot & demanded the teen exit his vehicle.

    When the teen asked why, the cop immediately assaulted & then shot him MULTIPLE TIMES. Cop tried to (falsely) claim the teen had struck him 1st


    *Warning* Video is in link. Shows cop firing into vehicle. No death or blood.

    So for those choosing not to watch vid or open link. Yeah, cop pulled up, said "get out of the car". Driver asked "why". Had both his hands on steering wheel. Cop immediately tried to pull him out of car. Within not even 2 seconds the cop lets go and fires 5 to 6 shots into the car door.

    Claims the person struck him but don't see it when he went to grab. Even then, Excessive escalation and violence on the police officer.
    This is being pitched as a "win" because the cop was fired pretty much immediately; https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-lot-rcna51196

    Fuck that. This psychopath needs to be charged with, at minimum, attempted murder.


  17. #24557
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Earlier this week, a San Antonio cop abruptly confronted a teen eating in a McDonalds parking lot & demanded the teen exit his vehicle.

    When the teen asked why, the cop immediately assaulted & then shot him MULTIPLE TIMES. Cop tried to (falsely) claim the teen had struck him 1st


    *Warning* Video is in link. Shows cop firing into vehicle. No death or blood.

    So for those choosing not to watch vid or open link. Yeah, cop pulled up, said "get out of the car". Driver asked "why". Had both his hands on steering wheel. Cop immediately tried to pull him out of car. Within not even 2 seconds the cop lets go and fires 5 to 6 shots into the car door.

    Claims the person struck him but don't see it when he went to grab. Even then, Excessive escalation and violence on the police officer.
    Stories like this always make me wonder what the initial thought process of the cop is. There is a car parked on the parking lot of a McDonalds, with a person inside, at a time said McDonalds is open. Why the ever living fuck does the cop even approach the car? What the fuck does he think a person in a McDonalds parking lot is doing in their car?

    And after opening the door he sees someone eating, how the fuck does that escalate to shooting him in like 3 seconds? This cop just wanted to shoot somebody, his actions are not explainable with anything else.

  18. #24558
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Stories like this always make me wonder what the initial thought process of the cop is. There is a car parked on the parking lot of a McDonalds, with a person inside, at a time said McDonalds is open. Why the ever living fuck does the cop even approach the car? What the fuck does he think a person in a McDonalds parking lot is doing in their car?
    Because he thought it was the same car that fled him earlier and he couldn't be bothered to confirm the license plate. Just treat them as dangerous suspects until they prove they're innocent, apparently.

    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    And after opening the door he sees someone eating, how the fuck does that escalate to shooting him in like 3 seconds? This cop just wanted to shoot somebody, his actions are not explainable with anything else.
    "Civilians need to stop panicking when a cop points a gun in their face, it makes the cop panic and more likely to shoot them. People need just stay calm and resign themselves to the fact that it's likely they may be shot be a panicky police officer for no reason."

    Or something.

  19. #24559
    Scarab Lord Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    4,712
    Jesus fuck!

    thought i had seen everything...

    ..never thought munching on a burger warranted execution...


  20. #24560
    https://news.yahoo.com/texas-officer...191402281.html
    A Texas police officer who shot and wounded a teenager who had been sitting in his car eating a hamburger has been fired, police said.

    San Antonio Officer James Brennand was fired after shooting Erik Cantu, 17, on Oct. 2 in a fast food restaurant parking lot, police training commander Alyssa Campos said in a video statement released Wednesday.

    Brennand had responded to an unrelated disturbance at the fast-food restaurant when he saw the Cantu inside the car, which had evaded him a day earlier, Campos said.

    A Texas prosecutor said in a statement Friday that he has not seen enough evidence to file charges against the teenager.

    “While Sunday’s shooting of an unarmed teenager by a then-San Antonio Police officer remains under investigation, the facts and evidence we have received so far led us to reject the charges against Erik Cantu for further investigation," Bexar County District Attorney Joe Gonzales said.


    Brennand, who had been on the force for less than one year, violated his training and police procedures after approaching the car, Campos said.

    “The officer abruptly opened the driver’s door and ordered the driver out of the car” before the arrival of backup officers that Brennand had requested, Campos said.

    Cantu, in the officer’s body camera video, looks toward Brennand while holding a hamburger, then backs the car away, striking the officer with the open door.

    Brennand then opened fire several times as the door closed and Cantu drove away.

    Cantu, who was struck by gunfire, stopped nearby where he and a passenger, who was not injured, were found by police.

    “There is nothing I can say in defense of that officer’s actions that night,” Police Chief William McManus told WOAI-TV. “I think what happened, initially, there was some contact made, but that did not justify the shooting.”
    Yet, if a civilian did the same exact thing this cop did, they would have been charged immediately. Is it the Qualified Immunity getting in the way?

    EDIT: oops, I miss read parts of the article, my bad. But it still seems weird that, even after it came out that the officer wrongly assumed which vehicle it was, that they are still "on the fence" on whether to bring charges on the victim.
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2022-10-08 at 11:45 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •