Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    And as we all know, angry lunatics are never intimidating.
    They aren't when they are unarmed and all the officers around him are.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Why have you made the opposite argument in this thread; that unarmed protestors are intimidating the armed cops? Nevermind, everyone already knows the answer to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    Why have you made the opposite argument in this thread; that unarmed protestors are intimidating the armed cops? Nevermind, everyone already knows the answer to that.
    I never made that argument at all. I never said one word about intimidation of the police until that picture from the Michigan protests was posted and even then I said they weren't intimidated.

wow, police doesn't even stop for prominent people like Velshi
    https://twitter.com/AliVelshi/status...11534963478532

I somehow missed that yesterday. (or I forgot it, with so many cruel videos coming out)

I never made that argument at all.

Except there is as I pointed out. They are making a visual demonstration showing the Governor "You cannot take our rights away". Guess which one is the easiest to show? 2nd Amendment. How? Holding a gun. As I said, I am willing to bet they were unloaded. It's about showing their message, not intimidation.
    They stormed the Capital with AR-15's and Armored Vests and the Security were Unmatched in Manpower and Firepower.

It was also not about the Second Amendment that is a flat out lie.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sabe View Post
    USA brought democracy to Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and now to North America?
    Land of dreams, city of angels?
    So much power drives anyone mad, people must take control away from those goverments.
    Once, people stood against British tyranny, its pretty much the same tyranny now.
    A president that can't hug his own people but decides to feed and benefit from chaos.
    The USA, the biggest liars in the world since Freedom and Justice for All.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

https://twitter.com/keithboykin/stat...33018570219520
    https://twitter.com/ShotOn35mm/statu...75832569483264

So since it's open season on press now, can we still call the US a free democracy or should we start with other names?

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    They stormed the Capital with AR-15's and Armored Vests and the Security were Unmatched in Manpower and Firepower.

It was also not about the Second Amendment that is a flat out lie.
    Stormed the Capital? Give me a break with the severe exaggeration. And not it is not lying to say the 2nd Amendment was a part of it because it was. They were protesting the Governor taking rights away during the lockdown and that included the belief they always held that she was also trying to take their 2nd Amendment rights away because she has a D next to her name. 2 birds, one stone.

Stormed the Capital? Give me a break with the severe exaggeration.
    It isn't.

And not it is not lying to say the 2nd Amendment wasn't a part of it because it was.
    It wasn't.

They were protesting the Governor taking rights away during the lockdown and that included the belief she was also trying to take their 2nd Amendment rights away because she has a D next to her name. 2 birds, one stone.
    They weren't.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    https://twitter.com/keithboykin/stat...33018570219520
    https://twitter.com/ShotOn35mm/statu...75832569483264

So since it's open season on press now, can we still call the US a free democracy or should we start with other names?
    I had a post half-written playing devil's advocate and pointing out you can't just say you're a member of the press and expect special treatment when you're filming random crap with your phone or something, but then I thought "maybe I should at least Google these guys", and I did, and they're legitimately journalists, if independent. So fuck playing devil's advocate, the devil does not need my help when he's going to twirl his copstache and nightstick this fucking blatantly.

So instead, fuck the police, man. This is straight-up assault on the First Amendment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I had a post half-written playing devil's advocate and pointing out you can't just say you're a member of the press and expect special treatment, but then I thought "maybe I should at least Google these guys", and I did, and they're legitimately journalists, if independent.

So instead, fuck the police, man. This is straight-up assault on the First Amendment.
    The ACAB Spring. Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

It isn't.

It wasn't.

They weren't.
    Wrong on all 3 counts. It was a severe exaggeration. These guys absolutely were about their rights begin taken away, the 2nd Amendment included and the lock down was the final straw.

Wrong on all 3 counts.
    Wrong.

It was a severe exaggeration.
    It wasn't

These guys absolutely were about their rights begin taken away, the 2nd Amendment included and the lock down was the final straw.
    A Temporary lockdown is not taking away Second Amendment Rights. It had absolutely nothing to do with the Second Amendment.

Comparing the Second Amendment to a Temporary lockdown is a Severe Exaggeration.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-06-01 at 01:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, add in the John Cusack shit, elected officials being maced, and people being shot at on their porches and it's clear these demonstrations are necessary. The cops are not handling this situation well coast to coast.
    I mean shit a bunch of them in Cincinnati took down the American flag at the justice center and then replaced it with their pathetic neo-confederate rag.

It's clear who the pigs are fighting for, and it isn't American citizens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

https://twitter.com/JulianCastro/sta...08502692073475

How stupid can you be...
    The worst, he didn't even react on all the civilians shouting, but at least his colleague did something.

But seriously. HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE?
    There are literally mass protests that initially started because a cop kneeled on someone's neck. And they already forgot? I don't get it...

Wrong.

It wasn't
    You declaring me wrong doesn't make you right. You are wrong regardless of how you try to spin things. Stick with the facts, not your narrative.

A Temporary lockdown is not taking away Second Amendment Rights.
    Not how they saw it.They saw it is she taking their rights away and they always felt she was trying to take their 2nd Amendment rights way as well. The lock down was just another attempt, in their eyes, to take them away as well as all the others. What you think does not matter in regards to their actions as they think she was trying to do so. What you think is irrelevant to their perception.

Not how they saw it.
    It still had nothing do with the Second Amendment.

You declaring me wrong doesn't make you right. You are wrong regardless of how you try to spin things. Stick with the facts, not your narrative.
    Knocking down a locked door in the Capital and Storming in with AR-15's and Armored Vests in is somehow a "Severe Exaggeration"?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Fringe leftists thugs knocked a guy out and kicked him in his face, knocking his teeth out, while he was laying motionless on the ground... Then their compatriots stood over him repeatedly screaming "BLACK LIVES MATTER FAGGOT!"

And what precipitated this vicious, homophobic assault, you might ask? The guy in denim went after a guy (bright green backpack) who was beating someone who was sucker punched and then swarmed by mob who were stomping and beating him.

Classy.
    Prove to me those aren't racist pricks pretending to be antifa to stir the pot.

- - - Updated - - -

Pot.... meet kettle....
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I hope and pray this is what finally wakes up America... you can intellectually understand police violence but I don't think we've ever had a situation like this where everyone agrees the act was heinous.

The country is outraged, the protestors are organized, and we're have a toddler in the White House. Information travels faster and the effects are being seen in a manner never experienced before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, add in the John Cusack shit, elected officials being maced, and people being shot at on their porches and it's clear these demonstrations are necessary. The cops are not handling this situation well coast to coast.
    The problem is the inevitability. Cracking down on an incensed population has one of two outcomes; you step up enforcement and establish a police state and crush resistance underneath your jackboots, or the populace realizes they outnumber the police and national guard a few thousand to one and the weapon differential is effectively meaningless, and the cops will push too far at some point and then we're dealing with hundreds of deaths, including a lot of officers hauled off into the crowds and beaten to death by dozens. And that violence only stops when we either get back to the stomping of jackboots, or the government straight-up surrenders and makes sweeping changes, because the alternative is that the population remembers why we invented the guillotine.

History has instances of both, and frankly, the American Revolution is an example of the latter. It's entirely in the American oeuvre to straight-up start murdering the fuck out of the authorities until the authorities give up and run the fuck away.

And I am by no means arguing in favor of either of these. I'm saying when tensions build, those are the two ways it can break. The alternative is that the government realizes it's the one at fault, here, and makes sweeping changes. That would, in this particular case, mean charging the other three officers in Floyd's death as accessories or more, and firing a fuckload of police officers nationwide and cleaning house. Anything short of that is just kicking the can down the road; even if it tamps down tensions, they're just going to build again, because you haven't addressed the underlying problem. I'm arguing for fixing those societal failures, pre-emptively. But I'm not going to be shocked that Americans kick that can, because you've been doing that most of your history.