Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Is there evidence of this? That sounds very, very made up.

Edit: I found a picture, supposedly with it saying "Make whites great again" on it. I have no idea if it's real, or not.
    Oh right, make whites great again ... well same thing anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I don't even know what to say at this point that hasn't already been said ad nauseam.

How many people of color have to be killed by law enforcement with "I can't breath" on their lips before we admit the problem is systemic.

The usual suspects are already here of course making bullshit excuses, blaming the victim, denying the systemic nature of the problem etc.

The solution is in training and top down enforced change in policing culture, police culture in the US has a massive problem with race and use of force, add to that the absolutely self evident problem with how they are trained.

There is crime and law enforcement everywhere in the world...Yet somehow...in other comparable countries they manage not to murder people already in custody.

It's a training and cultural problem. HOW IS THIS NOT SELF EVIDENT?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt destroy the land to bury styrofoam 25 feet below the ground
    Today Obama once again kneeled at the altar of environmental naziism and hurt this once great country. He has now banned all drilling in the Atlantic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Oh right, make whites great again ... well same thing anyway.
    I saw the picture, and I'm not buying it. There's a Facebook page bouncing around that clearly looks fake (posts are from late last night).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I don't even know what to say at this point that hasn't already been said ad nauseam.

How many people of color have to be killed by law enforcement with "I can't breath" on their lips before we admit the problem is systemic.

The usual suspects are already here of course making bullshit excuses, blaming the victim, denying the systemic nature of the problem etc.

The solution is in training and top down enforced change in policing culture, police culture in the US has a massive problem with race and use of force, add to that the absolutely self evident problem with how they are trained.

There is crime and law enforcement everywhere in the world...Yet somehow...in other comparable countries they manage not to murder people already in custody.

It is evident, but the people who are going out of their way to defend the cops on this, don't want the system to change. They love that the system has racial bias. You'll also note that those very same people are the Trump-supporting ethno-nationalists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

Why the fuck wouldn't they fire on someone who does that? If you try to physically intervene on officers, while they are arresting a suspect, they are justified in using force against you, and considering your aggressive nature, and closing of distance, they would be justified in shooting your ass dead on the spot.

Just. No.
    They are justified in using force...which is NOT the same as using DEADLY force. They are NOT "justified" in "shooting your ass dead" in this instance, so sorry, you're wrong.

I get that people are scared and finding an honest cop in the States seems to be a rare thing these days, but language like yours is what gives them more power than they actually have.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    They are justified in using force...which is NOT the same as using DEADLY force. They are NOT "justified" in "shooting your ass dead" in this instance, so sorry, you're wrong.

I get that people are scared and finding an honest cop in the States seems to be a rare thing these days, but language like yours is what gives them more power than they actually have.
    If you charge a cop who is making an arrest, it'd be hard to get a prosecutor to press charges, much less convict him if he shot your ass dead. This is a high-pressure situation, and you are being very aggressive.

Officers have very little time to react, and an officer could easily feel his life is in danger, if a stranger or mob of people is rushing him while he's otherwise occupied in an arrest. Now, I was never a cop, but I was in the marines. If someone had run up to me, while I was detaining an insurgent, there's a very good chance I would have drawn and fired. When you are otherwise engaged with a suspect, you are vulnerable. Sure, there may be another officer watching over the situation, but they also have multiple priorities, and you do not want to become the primary aggressor in a situation like that.

Not wanting to be shot is a reasonable position to take for literally almost everyone. If you don't think you could get shot by doing that, then you are wrong.
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

If you charge a cop who is making an arrest, it'd be hard to get a prosecutor to press charges, much less convict him if he shot your ass dead. This is a high-pressure situation, and you are being very aggressive.

Officers have very little time to react, and an officer could easily feel his life is in danger, if a stranger or mob of people is rushing him while he's otherwise occupied in an arrest. Now, I was never a cop, but I was in the marines. If someone had run up to me, while I was detaining an insurgent, there's a very good chance I would have drawn and fired. When you are otherwise engaged with a suspect, you are vulnerable. Sure, there may be another officer watching over the situation, but they also have multiple priorities, and you do not want to become the primary aggressor in a situation like that.

Not wanting to be shot is a reasonable position to take for literally almost everyone. If you don't think you could get shot by doing that, then you are wrong.
    None of which changes what I said. So there's that.

It would be an unjustified mistake and it is certainly a risk, but let's not normalize the use of excessive force.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-05-27 at 12:28 PM.

None of which changes what I said. So there's that.
    Of course it does... you are adding additional threats in a very tense situation. Physically intervening could easily make things much, much worse.

Now, I cannot speak for other countries, but in the United States, I can easily see someone getting shot for doing that. I'll ask my LEO buddies in a couple hours, and see what they have to say.

I saw the picture, and I'm not buying it. There's a Facebook page bouncing around that clearly looks fake (posts are from late last night).
    Yeah, you're right, doesn't seem to be him.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Yeah, you're right, doesn't seem to be him.
    To me, he looks a bit thinner in the face. And honestly, I suck at trying to compare faces.

Finding that picture of him just seems a bit too "easy."

Of course it does... you are adding additional threats in a very tense situation. Physically intervening could easily make things much, much worse.

Now, I cannot speak for other countries, but in the United States, I can easily see someone getting shot for doing that. I'll ask my LEO buddies in a couple hours, and see what they have to say.
    *shrug* I refuse to be an inactive bystander when it comes to obvious oversteps in authority. Chalk it up to losing a few family members/ancestors to Nazis.

Also, it didn't seem so tense to the shitstain kneeling on the guy's neck. How nonchalant must you be to keep your hands in your pockets as you slowly choke the life from someone?

*shrug* I refuse to be an inactive bystander when it comes to obvious oversteps in authority. Chalk it up to losing a few family members/ancestors to Nazis.
    Oh, I get the desire to intervene, I'm simply pointing out that the risks are great. I certainly don't think people are cowards for not physically intervening.

It reminds me of the Las Vegas mass shooting, when people were trying to chastise Jason Aldean for running off stage, instead of somehow leading people to safety via a microphone. Running away from gunfire does not make you a coward. And, choosing not to physically intervene in a violent arrest also does not make one a coward.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-05-27 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

It goes even beyond this, a former cop killed a black man in cold blood and he never arrested... untill national outrage 3 months later. All because he was a former cop.

Not even white people are safe, remember that guy who got killed in a Hotel by a cop, who had his own personal rifle[the 'you're fucked' one), because he did not properly his weird ass commands. Remember that? He is now retired with a 2500$ a month pension... he got that for fucking killing that guy.
    Joe Biden and Donald Trump are rapist and their supporters are rape apologists

Capitalism is the most deadly system to ever be used in the history of humankind

So now that security camera footage of the arrest has been released, where are all our "He ShOuLdN't HaVe ReSiStEd" folks at?
    @PC2 @Laughingjack what's your new goal post going to be to defend a clear cut murder now that we have evidence that the victim was complying with law enforcement?

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Legally isn't. One might argue it still is from a moral/ethical viewpoint.
    Then you'd be looking for the word "killer" not "murderer." Although someone looked it up, and in Minneapolis manslaughter is considered murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    So now that security camera footage of the arrest has been released, where are all our "He ShOuLdN't HaVe ReSiStEd" folks at?
    @PC2 @Laughingjack what's your new goal post going to be to defend a clear cut murder now that we have evidence that the victim was complying with law enforcement?
    Haven't seen it yet. Can you send me a pm with the link? I would normally look it up but im heading to work soon but can tell you what I think later if you want after or when im out of the shower.

I have seen two difference "arrest" videos, so I have no idea which one is actually legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    What an absolutely moronic strawman argument, lol.
    He said he refused to provide evidence that he knows exists because the evidence was about race. This implies that he has evidence that the Jews are subjugating the world but won't provide it because it's about race. Unless I misinterpreted somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    Haven't seen it yet. Can you send me a pm with the link? I would normally look it up but im heading to work soon but can tell you what I think later if you want after or when im out of the shower.
    No, it's making the rounds, so you can educate yourself for once. I know military are used to be told what to do, but you can do your own legwork for once. Remember, you were the one claiming he was resisting arrest.

My LEO buddy who has long avoided talking about current cases chimed in, and stated there's no justification that he can see for using those means of force, and in that manner. He made it clear, even if the person had resisted arrest, he was complying at the time, and was not a physical threat.

He called it straight-up murder.

No, it's making the rounds, so you can educate yourself for once. I know military are used to be told what to do, but you can do your own legwork for once. Remember, you were the one claiming he was resisting arrest.
    Well I just don't really care enough to do that to be honest.