Quote Originally Posted by ZayneGrayne View Post
    Yeah I don't agree with anarchists taking things like "anti-fascism" and BLM and using them as an excuse to burn shit.

There's that video of white people spraying BLM on some business and then getting called out on it. They know it tarnishes the movement and continues to shine a negative light on black people, but they do it anyway because they get off on the chaos.

Let's not let it take away from what we're actually trying to accomplish here. We want a racist justice system to not be racist.
    I honestly don't think you do...

What justice do you want exactly?

The cop was always going to be charged. He was always going to face a jury of his peers... What justice was gained by destroy over 500 million dollars in property (Seattle alone the combined number is far higher). Beating and in rare cases killing people in the street and the sheer retardation of chaz?

No one trusts you beyond the news. If anything you hastened a dystopia so god damn bad it belongs in a robo cop movie. If this movement was to shine a light on racism all you did was breed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    It really isn’t.

But I suspect that won’t stop you because conspiracy theorists have a neat little trick where they claim any evidence that refutes their made up viewpoint is simply being manufactured by said conspiracy.

That’s not rational debate, that’s just a symptom of being radicalized by right wing social media.
    I mean.. you have some points. I can't prove who delivered the brick pallets. I am going to assume antifa because I don't know any other group that would do that. I just find live feeds to be a rather difficult way to manufacture evidence..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post

The cop was always going to be charged. He was always going to face a jury of his peers... What justice was gained by destroy over 500 million dollars in property (Seattle alone the combined number is far higher). Beating and in rare cases killing people in the street and the sheer retardation of chaz?

No one trusts you beyond the news. If anything you hastened a dystopia so god damn bad it belongs in a .robo cop movie. If this movement was to shine a light on racism all you did was breed it.
    I’ve been down to the CHAZ/CHOP hun.

Again, it’s clear you’re getting your knowledge of these events through a far right lens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I’ve been down to the CHAZ/CHOP hun.

Again, it’s clear you’re getting your knowledge of these events through a far right lens.
    I mean its really hard to attribute brick delivered and people being shot/stabbed to a political side isn't it?

Right wing, left wing, weird larper. Fire is fire and blood is blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean.. you have some points. I can't prove who delivered the brick pallets. I am going to assume antifa because I don't know any other group that would do that. I just find live feeds to be a rather difficult way to manufacture evidence..
    Gee, I wonder what other purpose a large pallet of bricks might have in large cities with a lot of brick buildings. /s
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

No one trusts you beyond the news. If anything you hastened a dystopia so god damn bad it belongs in a robo cop movie. If this movement was to shine a light on racism all you did was breed it.

- - - Updated - - -

I simply don't want to be thought of as a criminal because my "people" are statistically more likely to commit crime. If you don't trust me and assume I just want to burn down buildings then that's your prerogative. I think it's a very disingenuous viewpoint, but the only thing that can change your mind is if you actually go to a protest and see for yourself what BLM means. No sane person wants to dismantle society, we just don't want our skin color to be immediately associated with crime and persecution.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean its really hard to attribute brick delivered and people being shot/stabbed to a political side isn't it?
    Not at all. That's why we know white supremacy and far right groups are significantly more dangerous and lethal than any such analogue on the left in the US.

Right wing, left wing, weird larper. Fire is fire and blood is blood.
    Your reduction of all political beliefs as equally worthless is precisely why you can't grasp the situation.

Gee, I wonder what other purpose a large pallet of bricks might have in large cities with a lot of brick buildings. /s

There are multiple videos like this from night long streams.... yes this one is a few seconds because I am not going to demand you shift through an entire night...

- - - Updated - - -

I simply don't want to be thought of as a criminal because my "people" are statistically more likely to commit crime. If you don't trust me and assume I just want to burn down buildings then that's your prerogative. I think it's a very disingenuous viewpoint, but the only thing that can change your mind is if you actually go to a protest and see for yourself what BLM means. No sane person wants to dismantle society, we just don't want our skin color to be immediately associated with crime and persecution.
    I want the order of law and protection of the innocent so this riot sadly must be quenched. Nothing good grows from poisoned earth.

- - - Updated - - -

Not at all. That's why we know white supremacy and far right groups are significantly more dangerous and lethal than any such analogue on the left in the US.

Your reduction of all political beliefs as equally worthless is precisely why you can't grasp the situation.
    I mean... I haven't seen videos of far right groups murdering people in the street, At most you see them in self defense videos. Shouldn't the reverse be true if your claim is?

10+ Year Old Account
    There are multiple videos like this from night long streams.... yes this one is a few seconds because I am not going to demand you shift through an entire night...
    Fortunately, Snopes already did that and sifted through many other videos. There's no evidence that they were planted.

I want the order of law and protection of the innocent so this riot sadly must be quenched. Nothing good grows from poisoned earth.
    How do you think this country was founded, lol?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean... I haven't seen videos of far right groups murdering people in the street, At most you see them in self defense videos. Shouldn't the reverse be true if your claim is?
    You clearly weren't paying attention at Charlottesville, then.

Or like the myriad of shootings motivated by online far-right radicalization.

Fortunately, Snopes already did that and sifted through many other videos. There's no evidence that they were planted.

How do you think this country was founded, lol?
    What do you mean no evidence they where planted... I admit I don't know much about Seattle but is it common for random piles of bricks to show up stacked away from construction sites during a riot...?

Who is peddling conspiracy theories again?

The earth was already poisoned when "law and protection" discriminated based on the skin color of the innocent. In fact, that discrimination is what this country was built on.

Don't get me wrong, I love America, but it needs to be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean no evidence they where planted... I admit I don't know much about Seattle but is it common for random piles of bricks to show up stacked away from construction sites during a riot...?
    Where's the evidence that it was "common"?

Who is peddling conspiracy theories again?
    Still you. If I were making the claim that the cops planted the bricks to lure protesters into using them, now that would be a conspiracy theory.

The earth was already poisoned when "law and protection" discriminated based on the skin color of the innocent. In fact, that discrimination is what this country was built on.

Don't get me wrong, I love America, but it needs to be better.
    He would of faced justice. He could of been put before a jury of his peers. What you demand isn't justice. You rebel and spite on justice for the instance vengeance a mob offers.

- - - Updated - - -

Where's the evidence that it was "common"?

Still you. If I were making the claim that the cops planted the bricks to lure protesters into using them, now that would be a conspiracy theory.
    You are moving the goal post now from it never happened and its a conspiracy theory to "well is it common?"

I never once said anything about the cops... I kind of think you need to see this video is explains a lot. Your going to want to shut it off but just listen to it and ignore the communist parts...

10+ Year Old Account
    He would of faced justice. He could of been put before a jury of his peers. What you demand isn't justice. You rebel and spite on justice for the instance vengeance a mob offers.
    He would have faced the law, but the law is not just.

Again, how do you think this country was founded?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
    Conservatives say they love America but don't believe a word of any of the principles it was ostensibly founded on, lol.

I don't understand what you're accusing me of. I'm not following your conversation with the other guy. I initially responded to you to explain that looters and rioters claiming they're BLM or antifa aren't representative of those movements.

I don't want vengeance, I want progress. That's why I protest peacefully, and I make a concerted effort to keep it peaceful. I don't understand where this animosity is coming from.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are moving the goal post now from it never happened and its a conspiracy theory to "well is it common?"
    Well, no; you're the one who said it was common, and implied it was a widespread problem.

The reality is that there isn't, and because of that lack of a trend random instances should be taken with a grain of salt. Leaping to 'but ANTIFA' is a priori bias.

I don't understand what you're accusing me of. I'm not following your conversation with the other guy. I initially responded to you to explain that looters and rioters claiming they're BLM or antifa aren't representative of those movements.

I don't want vengeance, I want progress. That's why I protest peacefully, and I make a concerted effort to keep it peaceful. I don't understand where this animosity is coming from.
    It comes from cynicism about a group claiming they want justice being unwilling to actually allow the courts to try a man. It just all seems so exhausting to me.

10+ Year Old Account

A right wing media bubble.

No, really. Fox, Breitbart, the Drudge Report, etc. have all been doing their best to paint this as a violent uprising and it's obvious who the target audience is.

Well, no; you're the one who said it was common, and implied it was a widespread problem.

The reality is that there isn't, and because of that lack of a trend random instances should be taken with a grain of salt. Leaping to 'but ANTIFA' is a priori bias.
    I at no point said it was common... is english your first language?

I mean that sincerely the expression of " Is this common" Doesn't imply it is common....

10+ Year Old Account
    unwilling to actually allow the courts to try a man
    Lol, the fuck even is this strawman.

A right wing media bubble.

No, really. Fox, Breitbart, the Drudge Report, etc. have all been doing their best to paint this as a violent uprising and it's obvious who the target audience is.
    I've not watched any of those... I watch live streams. I watch what happens in real time...

What political bias am I being presented by being shown what is happening in real time?