Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    So none of your links proves the majority of police departments or officers, are a systematic problem in the US.
    Risk of being killed by police use of force in the United States by age, race–ethnicity, and sex - Peer Reveiwed 49 sources.
    "Deadly Discretion: The Failure of
    Police Use of Force Policies to Meet Fundamental International Human Rights Law and Standards
    - Study on 20 large metro forces.
    What the data say about police brutality and racial bias — and which reforms might work - Article, not peer-reviewed only 18 sources. However, it's being published by Nature which is the most prestigious scientific journal on earth.
    Here's a 20-year-old study that says improper force is applied in 38% of encounters (where force is applied).
    Here's a study that suggests that police corruption spreads like a communicable disease

That should start you off.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, the one link from the Justice Dpt. is referring to one police department ( Ferguson, Mo. ) out of over 18,000 which exists in the US. This was also by the Justice Department during....Obama's administration.

The second one is also about one police department. I have already stated that some officers have did a bad job.
    This is entire departments. And it describes a pattern that includes other departments. These departments did not stand out from the rest. They conclusively disprove your "just a few bad apples" propaganda horse shit.

And it still amounts to a hell of a lot more evidence than the "jack" and "squat" you've provided.

Also, just lol at trying to make this partisan by making a jab at Obama. That demonstrates your unreasonable partisan bias, nothing more.

Vox is a a news commentating source, which I look at with the same degree of trust as being impartial as most on here look at Fox News. They are clearly left center in the political field.
    Again, you're presenting your personal partisan bias as if it's an argument.

It isn't.

Unless the argument is why your position should not be taken seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol they don't even pretend to hide their racism anymore...

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/sea...PBPTS7UU3YZUM/

Quote Originally Posted by KIRO 7 News, Seattle
    SEATTLE — As the Seattle Police Department looks at the Seattle City Council’s demands to cut the department’s budget by 50%, police Chief Carmen Best fired back at a suggestion from Councilmember Lisa Herbold to lay off officers out of order of seniority as a way to preserve the jobs of people of color.

“We cannot do layoffs based on race,” Best said. “I would love for Councilmember Herbold to work with us and not against us, making sure we have a viable number of officers.”

Currently, a majority of the City Council supports defunding the Seattle Police Department’s budget by 50% in an effort to move some tasks away from the department and to fund community-led organizations.

“Now is the time to divest from the police department,” Council President Lorena Gonzalez said of the effort last week. “Now is the time to zero out these budgets and to reimagine, rebuild, build something from a community-led and community-driven perspective that will actually build community safety for the people who have been harmed the most by over-policing and criminalization.”

On Wednesday, SPD released a detailed diversity breakdown of current officers and recruits to show the impact of that proposed cut. According to the policy, they would lay off the most recent hires first.

SPD said that would mean laying off 46 Asian officers, 47 Black or African American officers, 56 Hispanic or Latino officers and 59 biracial or multiracial officers, among others, as well as 526 white officers.

Councilmember Lisa Herbold called a similar diversity breakdown of the proposed cuts “a threat” on Twitter.

She wrote that the “Chief can request the Public Safety Civil Service Commission Executive Director to lay off out of order” when doing so is in “the interest of efficient operations of his or her department,” citing the commission’s rules.

Herbold went on to tweet that “this means Chief doesn’t have to fire the newest hired first. Chief says firing BIPOC members of the SPD would be harmful and I agree. I know she can argue just as convincingly that maintaining the employment of BIPOC officers is in the interest of efficient operations of the SPD.”

“It is illegal to make layoffs based on race,” Best said. “I’m not sure where she’s getting her legal advice from, but the persons who are advising us are making sure we understand it’s illegal to do that.”

TL;DR: If Seattle PD has to cut their budget by 50% like their fringe leftist loon city council is demanding, they will have to layoff hundreds of officers; which due to their contracts, would be a last in first out kind of deal. The chief pointed out this would disproportionately layoff POC officers (relative to their representation on the force) since they have been getting hired in higher numbers more recently. One of the fringe leftist loons on the city council suggested they should just fire the white officers under the justification that "maintaining the employment of BIPOC officers is in the interest of efficient operation of the SPD".

---

Hopefully they go through with it and the hundreds of fired officers bankrupt that shit tier city with lawsuits.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are going to increase your chances if you get involved in criminal activities.

Improper use of force, is subjective. Some think our Second Amendment exercise is a improper use of firearms. Only police should have them. But there are clearly some cases of improper use of force. The case in Minn. which led to the death of the person being contained, is a perfect example of that. I am sure there are others.

Corruption is present in some police departments. Not denying that.

I am not against reasonable police reforms. How to better handle a encounter with the public citizens being taught by every police department, is something which should certainly be mandatory.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Box cutters where used by terrorists to hijack 3 airplanes on Sept. 11, 2001. Which is why they are now banned from being carried by passengers. A person using one can very quickly slice open another person's throat and the jugular vein.
    This is literally irrelevant to the situation, they are on a road not a plane and these are police officers not pilots. Not to mention you could pretty easily stab someone to death with a pen if you were so inclined, yet we don't give police free reign to gat down accountants.

The officer talked to him several times, telling him to drop ( what she thought was a knife. ) the box cutter. If you watch the accompanying video of the encounter, you will see he was given multiple chances to comply.
    She gave him 5 seconds between saying drop the knife and ventilating him.

Also, let's just ignore the part where she keeps plugging the guy on the ground 20 feet away, in front of a crowd.

The officer had every sound reason to feel her life was in danger and act accord-ling. Counter force to stop the threat was justified. Someone come at me with a box cutter? I would tell them to drop it or stop. They refuse? They will get shot. A person with any deadly melee weapon, can close a 20 foot gap very fast.
    In 2018 a Coroner in NSW found the police shooting of Courney Topic could have been avoided.
    In this footage to the prelude to the shooting you can see NSW police are much closer and gave the victim much more time to respond.
    Last edited by Saltysquidoon; 2020-07-19 at 12:16 AM.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    This is literally irrelevant to the situation, they are on a road not a plane and these are police officers not pilots. Not to mention you could pretty easily stab someone to death with a pen if you were so inclined, yet we don't give police free reign to gat down accountants.

She gave him 5 seconds between saying drop the knife and ventilating him.

Also, let's just ignore the part where she keeps plugging the guy on the ground 20 feet away, in front of a crowd.

In 2018 a Coroner in NSW found the police shooting of Courney Topic could have been avoided.
    In this footage to the prelude to the shooting you can see NSW police are much closer and gave the victim much more time to respond.
    A pen could be seen as a deadly weapon. That does not change the fact a box cutter is also. But they do allow passengers with pens on planes...I think?

No. she told him several times, 6 times in fact before she shot. Also the space of time she started to warn him and the time she pulled the trigger was 9 seconds. Not 5. Did you watch the whole video?

It is hard to know for sure you are dealing with a person with a mental disease in the span of only a few seconds, which during the time your life is in danger. Did the officer know she had mental illness?
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-07-19 at 12:22 AM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

3+ Year Old Account
    If it was a report put out by the Trump administration which showed the opposite, I am sure there would be some other ears and eyes closed.
    why? why would it matter to me more or less regardless of who is in office? because you're projecting your own biases onto other people? that's not an argument, its a self indictment.
    Besides, I pointed out the real reason I rejected the link for not proving the majority or even a large portion of the police departments are a systematic issue in the US. One department or even a half dozen out of about 18,000 would not indicate it is. It would indicate a issue with those specific ones.
    how many studies would it take to convince you? dozens? hundreds? because the amount of evidence that the cops are not keepers of the peace but state backed mafioso's is staggering. literally every study done on the subject has come back with similar results.

No. she told him several times, 6 times in fact before she shot. Also the space of time she started to warn him and the time she pulled the trigger was 9 seconds. Not 5. Did you watch the whole video?

It is hard to know for sure you are dealing with a person with a mental disease in the span of only a few seconds, which during the time your life is in danger. Did the officer know she had mental illness?
    The first time she says drop the knife, presumably when she saw the weapon which would justify the use of lethal force is (generously) at 1:25 and she releases the fusillade at 1:31, so six seconds my mistake.

Besides my point of comparison is if the NSW police can give someone 27 seconds, despite that person actually running at them and it still be considered bungled. There should really be no situation why an LAPD cop a conservative 20 feet away should be unloading in 6 seconds and especially while the guy's on the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by headfistass View Post
    why? why would it matter to me more or less regardless of who is in office? because you're projecting your own biases onto other people? that's not an argument, its a self indictment.

how many studies would it take to convince you? dozens? hundreds? because the amount of evidence that the cops are not keepers of the peace but state backed mafioso's is staggering. literally every study done on the subject has come back with similar results.
    I did not necessarily put you in the some category.

Just one. Coming from a non political bias source, which did not use a few examples of issues with police departments. And certainly not one which uses the term you did. State backed mafioso's.

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    lol he got pretty destroyed.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    The first time she says drop the knife, presumably when she saw the weapon which would justify the use of lethal force is (generously) at 1:25 and she releases the fusillade at 1:31, so six seconds my mistake.

Besides my point of comparison is if the NSW police can give someone 27 seconds, despite that person actually running at them and it still be considered bungled. There should really be no situation why an LAPD cop a conservative 20 feet away should be unloading in 6 seconds and especially while the guy's on the ground.
    Her first time to tell him to see his hands was at 1:21. And from that time till she shot him, it was 9 seconds. She is also retreating just before she shoots him. The guy had plenty of times to comply.

The NSW case is different. She does not appear in the video I saw to be advancing toward the officers at first. Was basically standing there. Her body language also is not that aggressive when shes does move. But the video did not show the actual shooting. So I can not say much beyond that.

The other case, the man is advancing toward the officer after she tells him to stop and drop the knife. ( box cutter. )

Her first time to tell him to see his hands was at 1:21. And from that time till she shot him, it was 9 seconds. She is also retreating just before she shoots him. The guy had plenty of times to comply.

The NSW case is different. She does not appear in the video I saw to be advancing toward the officers at first. Was basically standing there. Her body language also is not that aggressive when shes does move. But the video did not show the actual shooting. So I can not say much beyond that.

The other case, the man is advancing toward the officer after she tells him to stop and drop the knife. ( box cutter. )
    I was unaware that someone failing to obey a lawful order justified execution, as I said the first time she mentions a knife is a 1:25 which so far as I understand US law would be the first time lethal force would be on the table. I don't know about you but in my view "show me your hands" is just about the flimsiest excuse for execution I've ever heard.

Further, in the NSW example, the victim starts lunging at the police at 21 seconds, something the American victim doesn't get a chance to even attempt because ol' smokin' pistols let loose. Also, I've had the dubious privilege of seeing the uncensored incident DVD (yes the Australian police still send out DvDs) of the Australian shooting, which starts basically immediately after the media release cuts off and the NSW police had the good sense to stop shooting the young girl after she hits the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Lol they don't even pretend to hide their racism anymore...

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/sea...PBPTS7UU3YZUM/

TL;DR: If Seattle PD has to cut their budget by 50% like their fringe leftist loon city council is demanding, they will have to layoff hundreds of officers; which due to their contracts, would be a last in first out kind of deal. The chief pointed out this would disproportionately layoff POC officers (relative to their representation on the force) since they have been getting hired in higher numbers more recently. One of the fringe leftist loons on the city council suggested they should just fire the white officers under the justification that "maintaining the employment of BIPOC officers is in the interest of efficient operation of the SPD".

---

Hopefully they go through with it and the hundreds of fired officers bankrupt that shit tier city with lawsuits.

It truly amazing to me how racism is acceptable as long as its the right targets. But they don't need to hide it now, the left has been pushing the idea that being white makes one a racist for so long now its been endorsed by large sections of society, especially areas run by left wing bureaucrats. Those folks truly believe that firing only whites is not racism.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    It truly amazing to me how racism is acceptable as long as its the right targets. But they don't need to hide it now, the left has been pushing the idea that being white makes one a racist for so long now its been endorsed by large sections of society, especially areas run by left wing bureaucrats. Those folks truly believe that firing only whites is not racism.
    Not racism unless it buttresses a system of erasure and oppression. Sorry, but white people as a demographic are not going to be disadvantaged by affirmative action for termination priority.

Y'all need to step outside your own heads and understand that racism is a societal phenomenon. It does not mean "being mean to X person and using their race as a launching point".
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

A pen could be seen as a deadly weapon.
    The human body is a deadly god-damned weapon. May as well just start shooting anyone walking towards them, even if they're unarmed.

Are you really serious with this? That a pen is a "weapon" worthy being called a deadly weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Not racism unless it buttresses a system of erasure and oppression. Sorry, but white people as a demographic are not going to be disadvantaged by affirmative action for termination priority.

Y'all need to step outside your own heads and understand that racism is a societal phenomenon. It does not mean "being mean to X person and using their race as a launching point".
    Did you know, that's part the same logic used to enslave africans for so long, since there were vastly more in african countries than in the nations that used them for slave labor.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Did you know, that's part the same logic used to enslave africans for so long, since there were vastly more in african countries than in the nations that used them for slave labor.
    I'm gonna need you to source this bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

3+ Year Old Account
    I did not necessarily put you in the some category.

Just one. Coming from a non political bias source, which did not use a few examples of issues with police departments. And certainly not one which uses the term you did. State backed mafioso's.
    if you actually read and understood the Ferguson report that's exactly the conclusion you should reach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The human body is a deadly god-damned weapon. May as well just start shooting anyone walking towards them, even if they're unarmed.

Are you really serious with this? That a pen is a "weapon" worthy being called a deadly weapon?
    The same argument is being used in the gun control thread. To claim guns are not dangerous... this is wholly disingenuous. They would never say the same thing in the gun control thread...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The same argument is being used in the gun control thread. To claim guns are not dangerous... this is wholly disingenuous. They would never say the same thing in the gun control thread...
    Are you saying the same people in the Gun Control thread who are claiming all people should be armed are making up reasons to kill someone for holding a pen? Well that just comes across as hypocritical and that would NEVER happen around here. (obvious /s)
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)