1. #8821
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    38,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    i think you have no idea of any cultural narratives or how the educational system is set up here...

    want some perspective on cultural narrative? i'm told i look sick because i'm pale. how's that for white superiority?
    You mean like how in the south civil war was about "state rights not slavery" and the slaves were happy to be slaves? Oh yeah... that's totally not an issue here.







    Versus you know:



    A mother begging while her child is sold.

    The south have it as though a black man shakes hands and then sells himself!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

  2. #8822
    Warchief Sugarcube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post


    Yep, you don't know what racism means.
    yeah, i do... it's antagonism towards someone because of perceived superiority/inferiority based on race or ethnicity...

  3. #8823
    Banned Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Berenstein Timeline
    Posts
    54,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    yeah, i do... it's antagonism towards someone because of perceived superiority based on race or ethnicity...
    That's prejudice, not racism.

    Context, who is she?

  4. #8824
    Warchief Sugarcube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    That's prejudice, not racism.
    nope... that's racism...

    that statement could actually be prosecuted under the hate speech laws here...
    Last edited by Sugarcube; 2020-07-09 at 10:15 PM.

  5. #8825
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    38,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I mean therein is the wild thing.

    We point out the phenomenon of white people getting defensive in response to being confronted with the existence of systemic racism in terms of examples of reaction to George Floyd's murder and the resulting BLM protests, and the response has been....a parade of white people clutching their pearls and bemoaning how much hatemongering there is against white people, and how questioning systemic racism is promoting hatred towards them.
    It's just... disgusting frankly. The very issue we are talking about, they are actively doing yet do not see it. I mean today we have Trump calling BLM on 5th avenue as hate speech. These people here just remind me of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

  6. #8826
    Banned Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Berenstein Timeline
    Posts
    54,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It's just... disgusting frankly. The very issue we are talking about, they are actively doing yet do not see it. I mean today we have Trump calling BLM on 5th avenue as hate speech. These people here just remind me of him.
    Hey, mission accomplished for the arsonists who spent all their time complaining about the author of one of many books on the subject rather than like...actually disputing that it was a thing.

    It would not rankle me so much if a lot of these arsonists weren't masquerading as leftists but there you have it.

  7. #8827
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    38,365
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/08/us/ge...pts/index.html

    After George Floyd repeatedly told police that he couldn't breathe, former Minneapolis police Officer Derek Chauvin said, "Then stop talking, stop yelling, it takes a heck of a lot of oxygen to talk," according to transcripts of police body camera footage.

    "Come on, man. Oh, oh. I cannot breathe. I cannot breathe. Ah! They'll kill me. They'll kill me. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. Oh!" Floyd said in response to Chauvin, according to the transcripts.
    Minutes later, Floyd was unresponsive and was later pronounced dead.
    Before Floyd was forced into the ground, he told officers that he couldn't breathe, shared that he had suffered from Covid-19 and was claustrophobic, according to the transcripts.
    Floyd was scared as officers tried to place him in a squad car, the transcripts detail, and told officers to "tell my kids, I love them. I'm dead."
    Later, as Floyd was pinned to the ground, Lane asked Chauvin if the officers should move Floyd to his side, raising concerns about a potential medical emergency, according to the transcripts.
    "No, he's staying put where we got him," Chauvin replied, the transcript states.
    According to the motion, Lane asked two times if Floyd should be moved to his side. Chauvin, a training officer and 20-year veteran, told Lane to keep him there until the ambulance arrived, according to the motion. Lane was assured by Chauvin that Floyd was fine and Lane was unable to see any "visible intentional infliction of harm," the motion says.
    Lane is trying to get off, Lane is also to blame. he's an office, why the fuck is he behaving like a meek punk-ass little bitch?????
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

  8. #8828
    Moderator Rozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,714
    Keep in mind that discussion is supposed to stay tied to events, not back and forth debating over what is/isn't racism and which forms are/aren't real.

    This will be added to the OP.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-07-09 at 10:20 PM.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

  9. #8829
    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/m...-dc-protesters

    “We’ve had that discussion a few times,” Esper said when asked where exactly the order came from. “We had it the other day with Secretary [Ryan] McCarthy and Major General [William] Walker, and it’s still unclear to me who gave the direction to clear the park at that moment in time.”

    “See, I find that hard to believe,” Smith pushed back. “I’m sorry, but it’s, like, a pretty big decision. A lot of people there, everyone’s there, and it just sort of... happened?”

    Esper, seemingly contradicting himself, told Smith he hasn’t pursued definitive answers as to who ordered the use of force.

    “I’m just saying, I don’t know, I’ve never pursued it with anybody because we get caught up in other things more relevant,” Esper said.
    The Trump administration, who ordered that peaceful protesters be tear gassed and assaulted to make way for a photo-op, still has no idea who ordered the assault. That, or they're lying and don't want to say.

    Neither option is good.

  10. #8830
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/m...-dc-protesters

    The Trump administration, who ordered that peaceful protesters be tear gassed and assaulted to make way for a photo-op, still has no idea who ordered the assault. That, or they're lying and don't want to say.

    Neither option is good.
    Which is an absurd lie... Trump wouldn’t take time away from checking bunkers, if protestors were in the way. Didn’t they kick out some old lady from attending his rally, because she had a BLM shirt?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  11. #8831
    http://longisland.news12.com/story/4...ing-hit-by-car

    So one guy lied about getting hit by a car during a BLM protest, but a car did indeed, again, speed through a crowd and actually hit one of the protesters who was sent into the air.

    This, as with most of these incidents, isn't an accident, and the driver is currently charged with assault.

  12. #8832
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Using caps isn't going to help excuse the obvious racism displayed here away..
    The claim is that because western institutions are designed to be systematically racist, it teaches and train people to be prejudiced. It's a self-perpetuating system that western societies are still struggling with. People aren't just born this way or adopt these viewpoints in a vacuum.

  13. #8833
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    So, is someone who does not consciously uses them racist? Is someone who engages in White Fragility when confronted with such possibility racist?
    Well, if you have an interest in being anti-racist, why would you have a hostile reaction to information that will aid in that endeavor?
    MMO-Champion Off-Topic's voice of reason.
    If you're mad at me, rest assured it's only because I'm smarter than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

  14. #8834
    The Insane Masark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    17,595

    Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

  15. #8835
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Well, if you have an interest in being anti-racist, why would you have a hostile reaction to information that will aid in that endeavor?
    Because i don't believe that it helps anti-racism cause, duh.

    Because it is seen as power play at other people expense. Privileged consultant punching down.

  16. #8836
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Because i don't believe that it helps anti-racism cause, duh.

    Because it is seen as power play at other people expense. Privileged consultant punching down.
    For me it's another example of (middle-)management trying to attack the working class people. And also another example of principles of social justice taken to dangerous extremes.

    Of course any argument brought forth for more solidarity and self-determination amongst the working class people gets abusedly labeled as: "Anti-intellectualism" nowadays. With their pish posh NYTimes and Forbes ivory tower news articles written by those same pseudo-experts of the middle management ranks.
    Last edited by Yas-Queen Rochana; 2020-07-11 at 07:32 AM.

  17. #8837
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Of course any argument brought forth for more solidarity and self-determination amongst the working class people gets abusedly labeled as: "Anti-intellectualism" nowadays. With their pish posh NYTimes and Forbes ivory tower news articles written by those same pseudo-experts of the middle management ranks.
    Can you provide an example of this?

  18. #8838
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    For me it's another example of (middle-)management trying to attack the working class people. And also another example of principles of social justice taken to dangerous extremes.
    Did you just use a qualifier to split the middle class?

    Of course any argument brought forth for more solidarity and self-determination amongst the working class people gets abusedly labeled as: "Anti-intellectualism" nowadays. With their pish posh NYTimes and Forbes ivory tower news articles written by those same pseudo-experts of the middle management ranks.
    What? Your argument is one of splitting what middle class constitutes, to pretend that the difference between middle class and upper middle class, is not negligible when it comes to power brokers. Your argument is what justified Trump removing deductibles, to give out a 15% corporate tax cut. You are using the very same argument, that pretended deductibles impacted the upper middle class, so it doesn’t count as a working class tax increase.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Can you provide an example of this?
    You got to love the “middle” qualifier for management. Just wanted to make sure we knew he didn’t mean CEOs or the elite? WTF?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  19. #8839
    Anyone remember the couple of lawyers who felt threatened that protesters were marching in front of their house? Turns out they’ve got a... colorful history.

    But public records and interviews reveal a fuller picture than emerged two weeks ago. They show the McCloskeys are almost always in conflict with others, typically over control of private property, what people can do on that property, and whose job it is to make sure they do it.

    They filed a lawsuit in 1988 to obtain their house, a castle built for Adolphus Busch’s daughter and her husband during St. Louis’ brief run as a world-class city in the early 20th century. At the McCloskeys’ property in Franklin County, they have sued neighbors for making changes to a gravel road and twice in just over two years evicted tenants from a modular home on their property.

    Mark McCloskey sued a former employer for wrongful termination and his sister, father and his father’s caretaker for defamation.
    Mark McCloskey has run off trustees trying to make repairs to the wall surrounding his property, insisting that he and his wife own it. In 2013, he destroyed bee hives placed just outside of the mansion’s northern wall by the neighboring Jewish Central Reform Congregation and left a note saying he did it, and if the mess wasn’t cleaned up quickly he would seek a restraining order and attorneys fees. The congregation had planned to harvest the honey and pick apples from trees on its property for Rosh Hashanah.
    https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...0225dd287.html

    Tons more in the article, but those are a few parts that caught my eye.

  20. #8840
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Snip
    Don't even bother. I was talking specifically about "middle management" and the people who end up in those positions. I wasn't talking about the middle class.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •