5+ Year Old Account
    When will this third world rioting stop n people start to act like they live in a first world country where you don't take laws into your own hands n go around robbing, smashing n lynching?.. Republicans for all their faults, wouldn't do 1% of the unhinged stuff we have seen lately...this is people taking their twitter flame wars into reality..I am very disappointed in millenials...

Your generation should be ashamed.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-07-20 at 06:23 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Update on this story:

Michigan judge won't free teen, says she was threat to mom

Dammit why won't the racist justice system just let this innocent defenseless POC girl assault and rob people, including her own mother, in peace!?
    Wow, it's almost like new information changes things. Not sure why you need to throw out your bullshit sarcasm along with this update, but I guess you can't help yourself.

Thanks for the update - wish you could have done in a mature fashion.

EDIT

Never mind - looks like you even fucked up your own source, adding ignorance to stupidity and making the issue worse. Sure wish you'd read your own sources.

Looking forward to those links for half the stories in this thread are "nothing".
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-07-20 at 06:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Wow, it's almost like new information changes things. Not sure why you need to throw out your bullshit sarcasm along with this update, but I guess you can't help yourself.

Because half the stories in this thread are "AMERIGA BAD!!! LOOK AT THIS EGREGIOUS EXAMPLE SYSTEMIC RACISM!!!!!!!!" and then a day later when the full story comes out it turns out to be nothing.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Because half the stories in this thread are "AMERIGA BAD!!! LOOK AT THIS EGREGIOUS EXAMPLE SYSTEMIC RACISM!!!!!!!!" and then a day later when the full story comes out it turns out to be nothing.
    Right - half.

Can you even link ten stories from this thread that turned out to be "nothing"? We'll wait - otherwise, you're lying.

10+ Year Old Account

Is it even much of an addendum? His own source states that "Brennan [the Judge] cited a “failure to submit to any schoolwork and getting up for school.”"

So the Judge states it was for failure to submit schoolwork and not getting up for school, and now says "oh, and also threats to her mother". If it was about threats to her mother, why would you even bring up schoolwork and tardiness? Shit still stinks.

Makes me wonder what "police had been called out three times for confrontations between the teen and her mother" means. Did the mother make those calls? Or did neighbours, because they were shouting? If the latter, then this isn't even indicative of any threat.

We've got the Judge changing their account, here, so it's hardly unreasonable that reporting on this covered the judge's first account of the scenario.

That story literally doesn't change anything though? and why didn't you idk..post in the threat about her? Which is just below this thread?

1. Alleged assault by a teen who is emotionally unstable so instead of treating her mental issues leading to her emotional issues make her a criminal instead which does overall more harm than good for the child.

2. The reason for her being locked up due to breaking probation is utter bullshit because a) she had ADHD and no accommodations and let's note what the teacher said

Grace’s teacher, Katherine Tarpeh, responded in an email to Giroux that the teenager was “not out of alignment with most of my other students.”

“Let me be clear that this is no one’s fault because we did not see this unprecedented global pandemic coming,” she wrote. Grace, she wrote, “has a strong desire to do well.” She “is trying to get to the other side of a steep learning curve mountain and we have a plan for her to get there.”
    So a girl who need accommodations who had a near perfect attendance record was trying but fell behind when it became at home, yet she was not out of alignment with most other students so which is it?

Was she fucking sent back because of "threat to mother" or because of breaking probation which was a totally bullshit reasons?

Also the race issue here is that white children and white teens aren't treated this harshly and in Michigan specifically young black men face a 10x rate of being sent to prison than white young men FOR THE SAME CRIME you think you were being bright with your little comment but really you weren't. This overly harsh treatment of a girl, with ADHD and emotional instability isseus being treated like a hardened criminal and then sent to juvie because of "breaking probation" when the teacher doesn't note anything unique about her situtiaton except that she is trying but now has no accommodations yet she accordion got her teacher "has a strong desire to do well"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Is it even much of an addendum? His own source states that "Brennan [the Judge] cited a “failure to submit to any schoolwork and getting up for school.”"

So the Judge states it was for failure to submit schoolwork and not getting up for school, and now says "oh, and also threats to her mother". If it was about threats to her mother, why would you even bring up schoolwork and tardiness? Shit still stinks.

Makes me wonder what "police had been called out three times for confrontations between the teen and her mother" means. Did the mother make those calls? Or did neighbours, because they were shouting? If the latter, then this isn't even indicative of any threat.

We've got the Judge changing their account, here, so it's hardly unreasonable that reporting on this covered the judge's first account of the scenario.

Ex-fucking-xaclty and as noted the teacher said she has a strong desire to learn and she was not out of alignment with most other students

So the idea that oh she is in juvie because of alleged assault is fucking bullshit because she was sent to juvie for breaking probation except... did no one check with the fucking school whether this girl with ADHD and emotional instability issues had accommodations and whether she was actually meeting or exceeding what was expected of her?

- - - Updated - - -

None of that information changes anything.

If you read the topic, https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...bullshit/page3

the assault and theft is already noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

Backing this up from the original reporting - https://www.propublica.org/article/a...nile-detention

Judge Mary Ellen Brennan, the presiding judge of the Oakland County Family Court Division, declined through a court administrator to comment on Grace’s case. In her ruling, she found Grace “guilty on failure to submit to any schoolwork and getting up for school” and called Grace a “threat to (the) community,” citing the assault and theft charges that led to her probation.

“She hasn’t fulfilled the expectation with regard to school performance,” Brennan said as she sentenced Grace. “I told her she was on thin ice and I told her that I was going to hold her to the letter, to the order, of the probation.”
    No mention of her mother or police being called to the home at all in the initial ruling. However, we have this comment from the mother -

Driving home, Charisse had to pull over soon after she turned onto the road leading away from the complex. She sat in a parking lot, sobbing.

“It just doesn’t make any sense,” she said. She shook her head as tears dampened the disposable blue face mask pulled down to her chin.

“Every day I go to bed thinking, and wake up thinking, ‘How is this a better situation for her?’”
    Doesn't seem as if the mother views her daughter as a threat to her safety, so that throws further doubt on the judges words.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    When will this third world rioting stop n people start to act like they live in a first world country where you don't take laws into your own hands n go around robbing, smashing n lynching?.. Republicans for all their faults, wouldn't do 1% of the unhinged stuff we have seen lately...this is people taking their twitter flame wars into reality..I am very disappointed in millenials...

There was illegal gestapo in Portland rounding up people. In areas they shouldn't be, that are not near or on federal grounds. and you want to bitch and moan about property crimes?
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-07-20 at 06:36 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for updating that info regarding the Grace case. Too bad Button Pusher couldn't read his own sources.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Hey, Trump brought out the secret federal police to illegally round up and capture citizens.

At this point even by the most pacifist standards that is the green light to be allowed to riot and loot as much as you want until the government topples.
    Your hyperbole aside, so you want to win by ending up with a country that looks like a burned out 3rd world country? You can't think of any other means in a FIRST WORLD COUNTRY?

Lol ur generation is so lost...every generation is supposed to improve, yours regresses...

Your hyperbole aside
    It's not. Federal officers have been driving around in rental cars, with no identification, yanking people off the street and arresting them without telling them why. It's only more recently that we know that this is a DHS operation with fucking ICE and CBP officers rounding up American citizens, but even that is highly dubious on its legality.

so you want to win by ending up with a country that looks like a burned out 3rd world country?
    If Portland, or Oregon, need federal assistance, they can request it. Sending federal troops into a city without invitation usually isn't something that is looked upon positively, and often ends with escalation and further violence. Just as we're seeing here.

You can't think of any other means in a FIRST WORLD COUNTRY?
    Surely nobody has ever protested these issues before peacefully, not like there haven't been decades of widespread protests against police brutality and systemic racism within government/law enforcement that have resulted in fuckall. Eventually, you stop resorting to peaceful means of protest when those peaceful means of protest have proven ineffective.

Lol ur generation is so lost...every generation is supposed to improve, yours regresses...
    https://www.businessinsider.com/navy...als-war-2020-6

Take it up with retired Admiral McRaven. He's a pretty big fan of them. And if older boomers are clutching their pearls, maybe it's because they're worried about their privileged lives now that a younger generation is realizing how boomers and others have systematically fucked them and created a world where their parents could own a home and support a family of 4+ with a highschool diploma but millennials/zoomers are struggling even with undergrad and advanced degrees and living with their financially better off parents in a pinch. Almost like they have a reason to be pretty fuckin mad at the lies they were sold as children and the world they're inheriting.

Your hyperbole aside, so you want to win by ending up with a country that looks like a burned out 3rd world country? You can't think of any other means in a FIRST WORLD COUNTRY?

Yes, clearly never before in America's history have the people tried to change things when the system fails.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

15+ Year Old Account

Millenials - the do nothing, expecting handouts, twitter flame waring, rioting, taking laws in their own hands, robbing, and lynching generation. Also, they are all democrats, zero republicans were born during that time.

Republicans who do take the law in their own hands of course are heroes of our time and should be praised for highlighting the injustice!

- - - Updated - - -

From someone living in an actual first world country, you are considered 3rd world by everyone else already.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Surely nobody has ever protested these issues before peacefully, not like there haven't been decades of widespread protests against police brutality and systemic racism within government/law enforcement that have resulted in fuckall. Eventually, you stop resorting to peaceful means of protest when those peaceful means of protest have proven ineffective.
    As a mod you shouldn't advocate for civil war

Maybe, in a democracy, you should vote out Trump n not act like angry 3rd world person where society has broken down?
    Its every generations job to lift up society, to improve, yours thinks anarchy is the way to go...

maybe it's because they're worried about their privileged lives now that a younger generation is realizing how boomers and others have systematically fucked them and created a world where their parents could own a home and support a family of 4+ with a highschool diploma but millennials/zoomers are struggling even with undergrad and advanced degrees and living with their financially better off parents in a pinch. Almost like they have a reason to be pretty fuckin mad at the lies they were sold as children and the world they're inheriting.
    Gen X here, and I'm tired of millenials stealing Gen X talking points about Boomers. The only original about millenials is that they are the generation that thinks burning down a country will make things better..you don't think about long term consequences, which is a boomer trait...how alike you two are..hopeless...

As a mod you shouldn't advocate for civil war
    I'm not, and never have advocated for such.

Maybe, in a democracy, you should vote out Trump n not act like angry 3rd world person where society has broken down?
    This isn't about Trump, believe it or not. He's a late-arriving symptom to the problem, which long predates his political career, even his first time running for president in 2000.

Its every generations job to lift up society, to improve, yours thinks anarchy is the way to go...
    Have you seen the folks out there protesting? Because if you had you'd know this is a cross-generational affair with everyone from zoomers to boomers and the parents of boomers showing the fuck up.

Gen X here, and I'm tired of millenials stealing Gen X talking points about Boomers.
    Don't worry, I'm sure we'll begin tiring of zoomers stealing our talking points about boomers soon too : )

The only original about millenials is that they are the generation that thinks burning down a country will make things better
    Not remotely true, and when you look at what millennials have faced (entering the job market at the height of a recession, a war that's been going on for almost as long as many have been alive and that they've primarily fought, global pandemic, the imminence of reaching the point of no return for climate change etc. etc.) maybe they have some justifiable reasons to have a beef with the way things are going right now.

..you don't think about long term consequences, which is a boomer trait...how alike you two are..hopeless...
    Quite the contrary - https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...al-one-n993331

We/they are thinking a lot about the future, because we're going to have to live with it for longer than even Gen X will.

Is this some big "millennials suck" post, or is there some relevance to the topic at-hand though. Because like, the Feds are still kidnapping people off the street while in unmarked rental cars, which is kinda like, a big fuckin issue. Especially considering Trump has announced that policy will extend to other "democrat cities" soon.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, you have to explain how you are different from boomers, that you aren't ignoring long-term consequences, how is burning down the country something you want to hand over to Zoomers? I'm sorry, but don't take the "but the environment" card, Gen X talked about the environment n boomers polluting the planet until they got out of breath..

Did Gen X burn down the country and leave ashes for Millenials to inherit? No. But that is what you have in store Zoomers n those that come after..

You can't fix the environment without having an economy, and you don't have an economy if u burn the house down.

You millenials are so ideological like religious zealots one has to explain common sense..maybe common sense skips some generations, I hope the following generations will be what your generation should have been, had high hopes for you, but you are a complete disappointment.

This conversation is pointless..can't stand talking to you.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-07-20 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't fix the environment without having an economy, and you don't have an economy if u burn the house down.
    Just as a side note; the global economy is what's killing the environment. Anthropogenic CO2 emissions are a byproduct of that economic activity. It isn't a separate issue, at all; one of the central pillars to adaptation and mitigation efforts is economic overhaul, to move us beyond certain staple products like oil and natural gas as a fuel source.

Yeah, you have to explain how you are different from boomers, that you aren't ignoring long-term consequences, how is burning down the country something you want to hand over to Zoomers?
    Considering that's not what protesters are pushing for, but rather right wing propaganda, it's not something I'm remotely concerned with. Because it's not reality.

I'm sorry, but don't take the "but the environment" card, Gen X talked about the environment n boomers polluting the planet until they got out of breath..
    I mean, all our generations do as we'll be affected by it. Just each subsequent generation a little bit more than the last.

Right now the "house is burning down" at the federal level in a multitude of ways. It's not folks out in the street protesting that is having an impact on the economy, and the number of people in the streets is in part a result of the state of the economy and a huge increase in unemployment due to the US's poor handling of the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm not, and never have advocated for such.
    But you do advocate violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    But you do advocate violence.
    I have? When? Where? Was it when I described my assessment of the current situation that decades of peaceful protest are giving way to violence? Because that's not advocacy, that's a description.

Back to the matter at hand - https://www.lawfareblog.com/dhs-auth...-and-monuments

DHS has authorized domestic surveillance to protect statues under..."homeland security". Lawfare Blog got their hands on the document and... yeah -

To be sure, nothing in the memo authorizes the federal government to take any coercive action against protestors in Portland—or anywhere else, for that matter. But the animating premise of the memo is that the threat to monuments and statues is a homeland security threat warranting intelligence analysis and collection by federal officials. To us, that premise is in equal parts unpersuasive and alarming. It is unpersuasive because it should be obvious that vandalism and other damage to monuments, even federal monuments, does not threaten the security of the homeland to any greater extent than most property crimes. We are unaware of prior memoranda that treat offenses against property as the basis for a homeland security investigation—even when the property at issue is federal property.

The premise is alarming because it uses the cover of minor property damage, whether to federal property or otherwise, to justify intelligence gathering against ordinary Americans—most of whom have nothing to do with the underlying property damage, and many of whom are engaged in the most American of activities: peacefully protesting their government.

Of course, if there are groups plotting more serious violence, we wouldn’t dispute for a second that such plotting is appropriately within the purview of I&A and other federal intelligence components—or that existing authorities allow the federal government to act aggressively to preempt and deter such criminal conduct. But we do not accept that graffiti and vandalism are remotely comparable threats to the homeland—or that they justify this kind of federal response even if, in the right circumstances, such activity would technically constitute a federal crime. A memo like this leaves the unfortunate impression that, once again, the White House and the Department of Homeland Security are using disagreements over monuments as an opportunity to send a much larger message—in this case, that the current administration sees dissent itself as a threat to homeland security.
    Meanwhile, the administration seems to do its best to completely ignore actual threats from the Boogaloo boi crowd, despite 3 of them being indicted on terrorism charges in Nevada and two being arrested for murdering a federal security guard and a non-federal law enforcement agent.