Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why should I tell you that? Because you want me to say it?

I mean, they're not, while they're in a federal building, but they're also clearly not welcome by the city or state governments, nor by the people of Portland.

Her being "political" or not has nothing to do with Republicans abandoning their position of "states rights" at the current moment. You either support "states rights" or you don't, and right now, you don't.

Doubtful. Portland never requested their assistance and their presence has lead to an exponential escalation at protests that were, again, organically dying down and likely soon to be only a handful of diehards left.

Why are you so concerned about the future and not the present?

I'll kindly thank you not to strawman arguments on my behalf.
    So you deflect and admit you would never post that. It woudl hurt your image among the circle jerkers here, i get that. E

Either you agree with this political hack or you don't. They are either federal occupiers who are disobeying state laws or they are federal agents trying to defend federal property. Which is it? Stop bullshitting and tell the truth, you are just posting this for bait. You don't actually believe this woman, or you do and you need to come clean. which is it?

You're a democrat, you only believe some laws should be enforced. Is this one of those laws? It's a code violation, is it less important then say immigration laws or letting murders and other criminals walk free so they can commit more crimes? I am sure yous ee it differently because some crack pot makes the argument, but sure keep being dis ingenious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    What he meant was...
    No lives mater...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-07-28 at 08:09 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    The government doesn't want their courthouse burned down and the state is doing nothing about it. That fine will never be paid and is a pure political move by a person claiming agents are “federal occupiers.” You guys can bullshit all you want, but this is not helping the democrat party, it's helping galvanize people against them. Federal agents being attacked is going to be campaign ad after campaign ad asking if you are okay with the way the democratic party wants to rule and allow violence. You think people are going to be okay with a government that allows violence for no reason like Portland and Seattle? This is not a protest.
    Fences being a notable deterrent against fire, right?

Maybe they could stop tear gassing protestors, bagging people and throwing them into unmarked vans, and using ridiculously unnecessary levels of force as a matter of course, and the protestors wouldn't be trying to burn down the courthouse?

Maybe they could just station guards rather than build a fence, given guards are both more of a deterrent than a fence AND legally allowed to be on state public property (unlike the fence in question).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

3+ Year Old Account
    You're a democrat, you only believe some laws should be enforced.
    dON't MIslAbLe mE As RiGhT wiNG.

See, that's the thing. If you care about "states rights" as Republicans claim to, you don't get to selectively ignore them because a state engaged in "political grandstanding". That just shows that you only care about them when you agree with them, which makes it a hypocritical position to hold.

And I've actually never said I'm the biggest "states rights" guy, actually, so I'm pretending nothing. Especially since I haven't shared my views on the topic, only offered commentary on the Republican party position.
    So why do you agree to only selective laws being enforced? Why does this code violation matter to you but say, homeless people being in the street does not. Again if you are going to whine and carry on like you are, why do you get to pick and choose what codes are more meaningful. This is a code violation, not a state's rights violation, but you keep making that mole hill bigger, it may one day pretend to be something in your eyes. Your simply full of shit.
    Last edited by TexasRules; 2020-07-28 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That is what ? Some kind of moderate party or something like that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Fences being a notable deterrent against fire, right?

Maybe they could stop tear gassing protestors, bagging people and throwing them into unmarked vans, and using ridiculously unnecessary levels of force as a matter of course, and the protestors wouldn't be trying to burn down the courthouse?

Maybe they could just station guards rather than build a fence, given guards are both more of a deterrent than a fence AND legally allowed to be on state public property (unlike the fence in question).
    These are not protestors, these are rioters. You're argument about the fence, like the city official is ridiculous, but keep pretending you just NOW care about codes and laws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Entitled stupid people... sorry, was done beating around the bush.

- - - Updated - - -

These are not protestors, these are rioters. You're argument about the fence, like the city official is ridiculous, but keep pretending you just NOW care about codes and laws.
    People pointing out hypocrisy, are not required to care. These attacks are meaningless... they are pointing out hypocrisy, not claiming to care... wtf?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Either you agree with this political hack or you don't. They are either federal occupiers who are disobeying state laws or they are federal agents trying to defend federal property. Which is it?
    False dichotomy.

They're federal agents who, by putting fencing outside of their designated building footprint and interfering with the State's transit by-laws, are attempting to occupy State territory and thus violating the Constitution.

There's no need to pick. They're both. Just because they're trying to defend Federal property does not mean their actions to do so are legal or justifiable.

You're a democrat, you only believe some laws should be enforced. Is this one of those laws?
    That's not a Democrat thing, in the first place.

It's a code violation, is it less important then say immigration laws or letting murders and other criminals walk free so they can commit more crimes? I am sure yous ee it differently because some crack pot makes the argument, but sure keep being dis ingenious.
    The party that is insisting that murderers (who wear badges) walk free and never face charges for their crimes aren't really the Democrats. You're also misrepresenting what sanctuary cities are and how they work. They simply don't provide voluntary assistance to the Federal agents working on Federal enforcement. They are not in any way legally obliged to.

- - - Updated - - -

These are not protestors, these are rioters.
    That's just factually untrue.

So you deflect and admit you would never post that.
    No, you accused me of a position I've never held.

It woudl hurt your image among the circle jerkers here, i get that.
    You may care about your reputation here, but I'm not in need of posters here to validate my views.

Either you agree with this political hack or you don't.
    No, that's your arbitrary measures. You can disagree with her framing of the issue, but the issue remains.

You're a democrat, you only believe some laws should be enforced. Is this one of those laws? It's a code violation, is it less important then say immigration laws or letting murders and other criminals walk free so they can commit more crimes? I am sure yous ee it differently because some crack pot makes the argument, but sure keep being dis ingenious.
    This is a deflection.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    If you actually don't know anything about US politics, stop commenting until you've done some research.

"WalkAway" is a bunch of Republicans pretending to be Independents trying to convince moderate Democrats and minority groups to leave the Democratic party in an effort to suppress voter turnout that would be favorable to Biden in November.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by headfistass View Post
    dON't MIslAbLe mE As RiGhT wiNG.
    This might be the first year in a long time, where saying you are from Texas or that you are a Texas fan boy, will not automatically mean you are right wing. Thank the Donald...

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I'm not sure exactly when conservatives started embracing these stupid ass deontological arguments to the effect of "well the protesters are the ultimate cause of the civil disruption so any and all reactions against them are excusable on those grounds" which are both untrue and sociopathic as fuck, but I am going to blame Reagan.
    You may recall there were turbulent labour disputes in early 20th century America. Anyone going against the settled order of things was free game for vigilantes as well as law enforcement. So this goes back much further than Reagan although he didn't help either.

Go ahead, check my post history. I've long maintained that people engaging in violence or destruction of property should absolutely be held accountable, regardless of the political affiliation of the person.

You can't just put up a fence wherever you damn well please without a permit, and expect no consequences. The city/state are right to issue citation, even to the feds, just as they would be right to issue those same citations if the protestors put up a fence (without a permit or dispensation from local authorities) to keep the feds out.

I'd like for all the lawbreaking to stop. It should begin with those in power who are illegally assaulting and detaining people, as they should be held to a higher standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    These are not protestors, these are rioters.
    Looks like protesters to me

If people are rioting and vandalizing, sure arrest them. But there's a lot more peaceful protesters.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    This might be the first year in a long time, where saying you are from Texas or that you are a Texas fan boy, will not automatically mean you are right wing. Thank the Donald...
    I don't care where they're from, they're still lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care where they're from, they're still lying.
    I’m saying the name implies as much...

https://www.propublica.org/article/d...utional-rights

Federal authorities are using a new tactic in their battle against protesters in Portland, Oregon: arrest them on offenses as minor as “failing to obey” an order to get off a sidewalk on federal property — and then tell them they can’t protest anymore as a condition for release from jail.

Legal experts describe the move as a blatant violation of the constitutional right to free assembly, but at least 12 protesters arrested in recent weeks have been specifically barred from attending protests or demonstrations as they await trials on federal misdemeanor charges.

Defendant may not attend any other protests, rallies, assemblies or public gathering in the state of Oregon,” states one “Order Setting Conditions of Release” for an accused protester, alongside other conditions such as appearing for court dates. The orders are signed by federal magistrate judges.
    The Gestapo are literally yanking people off the street for the most minor of violations and then requiring them to give up their First Amendment right as a condition of their release.

3+ Year Old Account
    https://www.propublica.org/article/d...utional-rights

The Gestapo are literally yanking people off the street for the most minor of violations and then requiring them to give up their First Amendment right as a condition of their release.
    we are no longer taking steps towards fascim, we're there, and fascim has now pushed us down the stairs.

we are no longer taking steps towards fascim, we're there, and fascim has now pushed us down the stairs.
    we are seemingly in a rollout phase.

we saw the test phase with the ICE camps, the president kept saying 'maybe i just wont leave' and all that Liberate cities jazz (alot more examples etc). With basically no pushback.