10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Ye, I wonder what sort of people would profit from cheap prison labour. hmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Go just a bit further beyond what you bolded.
    you mean here - far more than you'd find slathered on a slice o' school cafeteria pizza

10+ Year Old Account
    Go just a bit further beyond what you bolded.

Do you think that the reduction in the amount of concentrated tomato spread from a full half-cup down to two tablespoons, which is easily what you find in a slice of pizza, was just a totally weird coincidence or something?
    "Honey, it's time for your daily compromising on ethical and intellectual principles."

"Yes, American capitalism."
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    you mean here - far more than you'd find slathered on a slice o' school cafeteria pizza
    You already had it in the quote, and it was reducing the serving size from a half-cup to two tablespoons, which would absolutely mean that pizza would then qualify as a vegetable. That's not just some random coincidence, and just because it doesn't explicitly say "pizza" doesn't mean that wasn't a specific intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    "Honey, it's time for your daily compromising on ethical and intellectual principles."

"Yes, American capitalism."
    They never said pizza was a vegetables (unless you can find where it says that in the law they just said if something has enough tomato paste (guess ketchup does not count it has to have enough of the base tomato in it per volume to count towards the dally allowance)

America law also considers pizza a vegetable. Congratulations on successfully identifying that the country that is in the throes of a cargo cult values property more than people.
    This is what was said and it is false, just being pizza does not make it count towards a vegetable, only items that have enough paste on it would count so it's completely dishonest to say that.

- - - Updated - - -

You already had it in the quote, and it was reducing the serving size from a half-cup to two tablespoons, which would absolutely mean that pizza would then qualify as a vegetable. That's not just some random coincidence, and just because it doesn't explicitly say "pizza" doesn't mean that wasn't a specific intent.
    the quote was

America law also considers pizza a vegetable. Congratulations on successfully identifying that the country that is in the throes of a cargo cult values property more than people.
    and it's BS

only items with so much tomato paste count so just saying they consider "Pizza is a vegetable" dishonest BS.

10+ Year Old Account
    They never said pizza was a vegetables (unless you can find where it says that in the law they just said if something has enough tomato paste (guess ketchup does not count it has to have enough of the base tomato in it per volume to count towards the dally allowance)

This is what was said and it is false, just being pizza does not make it count towards a vegetable, only items that have enough paste on it would count so it's completely dishonest to say that.
    Curious how this remotely detracts from the point that something being the law doesn't make it correct or just, especially not in a system where money is considered speech.

Not sure why the fuck you're sticking up for the agricultural lobby, but okay.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Curious how this remotely detracts from the point that something being the law doesn't make it correct or just, especially not in a system where money is considered speech.

Not sure why the fuck you're sticking up for the agricultural lobby, but okay.
    not sure why you feel the need to use false crap to think you're proving a point, no law ever said pizza is a vegetable....

and it's BS

only items with so much tomato paste count so just saying they consider "Pizza is a vegetable" dishonest BS.
    Is pizza considered a vegetable under the "two tablespoons of tomato sauce" rule?

Yes?

Then pizza is considered a vegetable under American law.

10+ Year Old Account
    not sure why you feel the need to use false crap to think you're proving a point, no law ever said pizza is a vegetable....
    I said American law considers pizza a vegetable; by virtue of the tomato content standards which were changed specifically so that pizza would meet the vegetable requirements for school lunches, I'm still not wrong.

But it's still fuckin' besides the point, that being the law doesn't make it correct or just, especially not in a system where money is considered speech.

Is pizza considered a vegetable under the "two tablespoons of tomato sauce" rule?

Yes?

Then pizza is considered a vegetable under American law.
    No the paste on it fulfills the vegetable requirement, no where it says pizza is a vegetable...

but keeping climbing that hill....

and again just because

he said...
    America law also considers pizza a vegetable

and it does not.. it considers something that has enough vegetable on it to fulfill the vegetable requirement.

but keep twisting things guess that's how your kind work.

10+ Year Old Account
    No the paste on it fulfills the vegetable requirement, no where it says pizza is a vegetable...

but keeping climbing that hill....

and again just because

he said...

and it does not.. it considers something that has enough vegetable on it to fulfill the vegetable requirement.

but keep twisting things guess that's how your kind work.
    I'm really not surprised at current polling when people make these sorts of nonsense semantic arguments and then apparently have a hard time picking between an actual fascist and someone who says "malarkey" a lot.

I said American law considers pizza a vegetable; by virtue of the tomato content standards which were changed specifically so that pizza would meet the vegetable requirements for school lunches, I'm still not wrong.

But it's still fuckin' besides the point, that being the law doesn't make it correct or just, especially not in a system where money is considered speech.
    show me in the law where it says "Pizza" is a vegetable.... you are wrong

I could put that much paste on a doughnut and it still would not make it a vegetable, but eating the paste on it would fulfill the recommend requirement of that vegetable.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm really not surprised at current polling when people make these sorts of nonsense semantic arguments and then apparently have a hard time picking between an actual fascist and someone who says "malarkey" a lot.
    I find it funny how you have to twist things to fit your needs.

10+ Year Old Account
    show me in the law where it says "Pizza" is a vegetable.... you are wrong

I could put that much paste on a doughnut and it still would not make it a vegetable, but eating the paste on it would fulfill the recommend requirement of that vegetable.
    That's nice dear, now do how that means the law is correct by default in a crony capitalist system.

- - - Updated - - -

I find it funny how you have to twist things to fit your needs.
    "Funny"? You seem to be getting rather upset that I used a broad definition of "considers" and are acting like I said "defines".

I mean it's fairly telling that the only thing you can harp on is that and not whether or not the law that led to pizza being considered a vegetable is indicative of a corrupt legal system.

That's nice dear, now do how that means the law is correct by default in a crony capitalist system.
    but in the end you're still wrong dear, no law was ever passed that said pizza was a vegetable, dear.......

10+ Year Old Account
    but in the end you're still wrong dear, no law was ever passed that said pizza was a vegetable dear.......
    Grats on a shitty non-victory, I guess?

Meanwhile, what we have here is a demonstration of pro-police arguments in action - pulling the debate down from the broad, structural issues down to questions of legal and linguistic semantics. So rather than talking about whether or not the justice system carries inherent bias, we're talking about whether or not pepper spray is technically a chemical weapon - something we also see in every gun control thread.

That you take more issue with people using broad definitions of words than with, I dunno, the fact that two tablespoons of tomato paste is considered a vegetable is more a commentary on your priorities than how correct someone is.

Grats on a shitty non-victory, I guess?

Meanwhile, what we have here is a demonstration of pro-police arguments in action - pulling the debate down from the broad, structural issues down to questions of legal and linguistic semantics. So rather than talking about whether or not the justice system carries inherent bias, we're talking about whether or not pepper spray is technically a chemical weapon - something we also see in every gun control thread.

That you take more issue with people using broad definitions of words than with, I dunno, the fact that two tablespoons of tomato paste is considered a vegetable is more a commentary on your priorities than how correct someone is.
    Only shitty to you, just proves how you have to twist things.

law saying Pizza is a vegetable sounds dumb, but a law saying you eat an item with enough of a Vegetable's nutrients on it, it counts towards eating that vegetable, sounds I think quite rational.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only shitty to you, just proves how you have to twist things.

law saying Pizza is a vegetable sounds dumb, but a law saying you eat an item with enough of a Vegetable's nutrients on it, it counts towards eating that vegetable, sounds I think quite rational.
    Oh, so the issue isn't whether or not I'm actually correct - it's that you agree with the legislation in question and are taking offense that it's being used as an example of ridiculous crony capitalist legislation. Christ and Allah, lol.

Oh, so the issue isn't whether or not I'm actually correct - it's that you agree with the legislation in question. Christ and Allah, lol.
    ya but you not looking at the rest of the info either, the other parts of the pizza cheese any meats etc also count towards the fats and other items in your diet, if I eat tomato paste why would it not count towards eating a tomato (as long as it had the same nutrient value)? (Personally I don't like sliced raw tomato but finely diced or pasted is fine)

you just keep looking at your narrow view...

10+ Year Old Account
    ya but you not looking at the rest of the info either, the other parts of the pizza cheese any meats etc also count towards the fats and other items in your diet, if I eat tomato paste why would it not count towards eating a tomato? (Personally I don't like raw tomato but finely diced or pasted is fine)

you just keep looking at your narrow view...
    My narrow view that we should be letting health experts decide that and not the farm lobby who has an interest in selling as much of a product as possible regardless of how healthy it is. Right.

Failing to see the problem with that, honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically... a tomato is a fruit... /mic_drop
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi