Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Our resident freedom-loving-conspiracy-followers sure seem to enjoy living in a police-state.

I wonder why
    Why should the police officer should have done then to make him cooperate ? Ask him "again" politely ? Enlighten us with your experience as a police officer since you seem to know a lot about law enforcement ?

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Why should the police officer should have done then to make him cooperate ? Ask him "again" politely ? Enlighten us with your experience as a police officer since you seem to know a lot about law enforcement ?
    They should've called in a social work
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Look, European cops are often shits on a power trip as well. But by the exceedingly low standard of the murderous psychos across the pond, they are Mother Teresa.
    It's just fewer of them, but they have each other's backs just as well, it's the very same problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Social worker to deal with a possible felon ? Like seriously ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Google sealioning.

Anyone who cant see that law enforcement in the US is incredibly corrupt at this point will probably never be able to be reasoned into understanding why this is bad.
    In this case, I doubt corruption has anything to do. I mainly see insufficient training. And obviously, a defunding of the Police will solve that

10+ Year Old Account
    Why should the police officer should have done then to make him cooperate ?
    Nothing? Is there any legitimate reason they needed to get him to "cooperate"? You know, beyond their steroid-abuse-fuelled need to dominate.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Nothing? Is there any legitimate reason they needed to get him to "cooperate"? You know, beyond their steroid-abuse-fuelled need to dominate.
    He was high on lethal doses of multiple drugs spending counterfeit money and refusing to cooperate with the cops who were being very polite at the time. All while not showing his hands.

Also claimed he couldn't breathe before being touched and claimed he couldn't get in the cop car because he's closterfobic even though he was just in a car.

He was suspected for using counterfeit money (making him possibly a felon). So yes ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    He was high on lethal doses of multiple drugs spending counterfeit money and refusing to cooperate with the cops who were being very polite at the time. All while not showing his hands.

Also claimed he couldn't breathe before being touched and claimed he couldn't get in the cop car because he's closterfobic even though he was just in a car.
    The Police Officers were not as polite as you make them to be and he pointed a gun at him a little to fast at the start in my opinion.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    over a counterfeit $20, seems reasonable.

- - - Updated - - -

He was suspected for using counterfeit money (making him possibly a felon). So yes ?
    what a dangerous situation to be in, fake money. you sound absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was high on lethal doses of multiple drugs
    Do you know that you're lying or do you actually believe that bullshit?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind

Quote Originally Posted by headfistass View Post
    over a counterfeit $20, seems reasonable.

- - - Updated - - -

what a dangerous situation to be in, fake money. you sound absurd.
    Sound absurd ? In a country where getting a gun is piss easy (legally or illegally)? You are the one sounding absurd.

3+ Year Old Account
    Sound absurd ? In a country where getting a gun is piss easy (legally or illegally)? You are the one sounding absurd.
    what are you even talking about? what does buying a gun have to do with a guy purchasing some crap from a convenience store with fake money? yeah, you're acting absurd.

- - - Updated - - -

The Police Officers were not as polite as you make them to be and he pointed a gun at him a little to fast at the start in my opinion.
    When your suspected of committing a felony and refuse to show your hands you get a gun pointed at you, there are easy ways to avoid this. Don't commit felonies and listen to lawful orders should you get caught committing them.

what are you even talking about? what does buying a gun have to do with a guy purchasing some crap from a convenience store with fake money? yeah, you're acting absurd.
    Because everyone can be armed and thus can be dangerous ? Plus, he was looking panicked, so he can react in unwanted ways making the police officer point a gun at him.

What should have they done then ? You seem to have a lot of experience in law enforcement, care to enlighten us ?

- - - Updated - - -

When your suspected of committing a felony and refuse to show your hands you get a gun pointed at you, there are easy ways to avoid this. Don't commit felonies and listen to lawful orders should you get caught committing them.
    Obviously, but he was still a little to fast to point his gun at him. Imo, he did not really assess the situation before pointing his gun.

3+ Year Old Account

What should have they done then ?
    get a warrent for his arrest? what, you think 20$ is worse than some asshole on wall street stealing millions? you don't see violent outbursts in those instances. this really isn't hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plus, he was looking panicked, so he can react in unwanted ways making the police officer point a gun at him.
    Yeah, people tend to panic when you threaten their lives.

And what do you know, his panic was completely justified, because he was DEAD minutes later.

get a warrent for his arrest? what, you think 20$ is worse than some asshole on wall street stealing millions? you don't see violent outbursts in those instances. this really isn't hard.
    What would a warrant change ? Do you think he would have behave better ? This really is not hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, people tend to panic when you threaten their lives.

And what do you know, his panic was completely justified, because he was DEAD minutes later.
    His panic was not "justified" as he did not know he would be dead minutes later, get real.

3+ Year Old Account
    What would a warrant change ? Do you think he would have behave better ? This really is not hard.
    do you have even the slightest clue as to how the law works and is carried out the vast majority of the time? admittedly I don't know much, but I do know that a warrent isn't a hall pass or whatever the fuck you seem to think it is.

The felony was paying with a fake 20.00 bill. Even an arrest is already highly unusual for that... Most people, who pay with a fake 20.00 bill do not know it is fake... should everyone of them be arrested? Even if somebody works as a bouncer, or other tipped professions, that does not imply that somebody is involved in forgery rings, just because those abuse tipped profession workers as an easy way to throw fake money into circulation.
    Forgery is a felony. But considering, that, if he was arrested, trialed, and most likely set free, since for a conviction it is required, to actually know a bill is fake,which would be fairly difficult to prove, is it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    The felony was paying with a fake 20.00 bill. Even an arrest is already highly unusual for that... Most people, who pay with a fake 20.00 bill do not know it is fake... should everyone of them be arrested? Even if somebody works as a bouncer, or other tipped professions, that does not imply that somebody is involved in forgery rings, just because those abuse tipped profession workers as an easy way to throw fake money into circulation.
    Forgery is a felony. But considering, that, if he was arrested, trialed, and most likely set free, since for a conviction it is required, to actually know a bill is fake,which would be fairly difficult to prove, is it worth it?
    Secret service comes for fake money, an arrest is guaranteed. I worked as a bouncer when I was younger I got a paycheck. This guy also had a lengthy criminal record.

10+ Year Old Account
    Secret service comes for fake money, an arrest is guaranteed. I worked as a bouncer when I was younger I got a paycheck. This guy also had a lengthy criminal record.
    Are you salty he could keep the tips while you had to give them to your boss?