1. #10001
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    What do state's rights have to do with federal buildings?
    https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/...bike-lane.html

    “This fence was constructed without permission or permits on public property, and it is both an abuse of public space and a threat to the traveling public,” Commissioner Chloe Eudaly said in the statement.
    It's blocking a bike lane, which is not federal property.

    This is why I provide links, because reading them helps inform you. And they often contain links to even more reporting on the topic with even more information.

  2. #10002
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    The feds put up a fence around the courthouse, didn't check the property lines, and it's on state property.

    The state doesn't want the fence up, so they told the feds to take it down, here's a fine, there will be more fines until the fence is gone.
    The government doesn't want their courthouse burned down and the state is doing nothing about it. That fine will never be paid and is a pure political move by a person claiming agents are “federal occupiers.” You guys can bullshit all you want, but this is not helping the democrat party, it's helping galvanize people against them. Federal agents being attacked is going to be campaign ad after campaign ad asking if you are okay with the way the democratic party wants to rule and allow violence. You think people are going to be okay with a government that allows violence for no reason like Portland and Seattle? This is not a protest.

  3. #10003
    Legendary! unfilteredJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Seagrove Beach, FL
    Posts
    6,443
    Someone go back and see what ol Tex here had to say about the Bundys.
    Blessed are the fornicates, may we bend down to be their whores. Blessed are the rich, may our labor deliver them more.
    Blessed are the envious; bless the slothful, the wrathful, the vain. Blessed are the gluttonous, may they feast us to famine and war.
    What of the pious, the pure of heart, the peaceful, the meek, the mourning, and the merciful? All doomed, all doomed

  4. #10004
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    The government doesn't want their courthouse burned down and the state is doing nothing about it.
    There are local PD working with federal agents, so that's not correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    That fine will never be paid and is a pure political move by a person claiming agents are “federal occupiers.”
    So you're just confirming that the "States rights" thing was just an act? Because it doesn't matter how the state (or city) frames it, if the feds overstepped their boundaries and put fencing on state land then they are in violation of local ordinance.

    You either care about states rights or you don't, and it doesn't seem that you do right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Federal agents being attacked is going to be campaign ad after campaign ad asking if you are okay with the way the democratic party wants to rule and allow violence.
    Man, Trump's America sounds freakin awful. The feds are getting attacked under his leadership? Pretty bad, IMO.

    Also, why focus on the protesters? Why not focus on the greater threat during these protests? The boogaloo bois have proven a far greater threat to law enforcement, racking up multiple murders to their name, and an indictment for terrorism.

    Almost like, as with the surge in federal troops, this is all a performative piece of political art playing with peoples lives.

  5. #10005
    The Unstoppable Force Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    20,626
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    You guys can bullshit all you want, but this is not helping the democrat party, it's helping galvanize people against them. F
    Oh give it a rest.

    Public support is overwhelmingly against the federal government and in-line with the protesters. You have basically every group from suburban moms to military vets lining up against federal agents. Get out of your cloistered echo chamber of nonsense and stop lying.

  6. #10006
    Banned Thee ANCOM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    "so much hatred"
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    The government doesn't want their courthouse burned down and the state is doing nothing about it. That fine will never be paid and is a pure political move by a person claiming agents are “federal occupiers.” You guys can bullshit all you want, but this is not helping the democrat party, it's helping galvanize people against them. Federal agents being attacked is going to be campaign ad after campaign ad asking if you are okay with the way the democratic party wants to rule and allow violence. You think people are going to be okay with a government that allows violence for no reason like Portland and Seattle? This is not a protest.
    I'm loving how despreately right wigners are making the guy who said "well, maybe the cops should just shoot people in the leg instead" out to be some far left insitgator. and even doubly funny is the argument that this will happen under Biden ...when it's happening under Trump. right. now. even funnier still, is there is a global pandemic that has brought the economy to it's knees and Trump wants us to pretend it'll go away on its own eventually. I can't wait to see you get blown the fuck out come November.

  7. #10007
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/...bike-lane.html



    It's blocking a bike lane, which is not federal property.

    This is why I provide links, because reading them helps inform you. And they often contain links to even more reporting on the topic with even more information.
    Please tell me you also agree with her that the FEDERAL agents in the FEDERAL building are “federal occupiers.” Why the fuck are you guys so dis igneous. You know she is just being political, but you think smarmy retorts about shitty news coverage is the coin. Why aren't you posting links to videos that do not matter. You know this is dumb and that the government is not going to pay. When it is over and the government wants Portland to pay for all the damage and all the money it cost to send officers there, are you going to post and be on the side of the government, because the government will have a legal case for it. No you won't, because you are dis igneous and you would never post that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by headfistass View Post
    I'm loving how despreately right wigners are making the guy who said "well, maybe the cops should just shoot people in the leg instead" out to be some far left insitgator. and even doubly funny is the argument that this will happen under Biden ...when it's happening under Trump. right. now. even funnier still, is there is a global pandemic that has brought the economy to it's knees and Trump wants us to pretend it'll go away on its own eventually. I can't wait to see you get blown the fuck out come November.
    You can mislabel me as right wing, I'll just mislabel you as intelligent and see how far that gets. I don't even understand what you are talking about. Saying shooting people in the leg makes you an instigator? This whole rant is unintelligible drivel.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    There are local PD working with federal agents, so that's not correct.
    You mean occupiers. You agree with the nonsense spewed from a city official so therefore call them as you agree, occupiers.

  8. #10008
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Please tell me you also agree with her that the FEDERAL agents in the FEDERAL building are “federal occupiers.”
    Why should I tell you that? Because you want me to say it?

    I mean, they're not, while they're in a federal building, but they're also clearly not welcome by the city or state governments, nor by the people of Portland.

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Why the fuck are you guys so dis igneous. You know she is just being political, but you think smarmy retorts about shitty news coverage is the coin.
    Her being "political" or not has nothing to do with Republicans abandoning their position of "states rights" at the current moment. You either support "states rights" or you don't, and right now, you don't.

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Why aren't you posting links to videos that do not matter.
    Did you not bother to click anything? Each link is a full editorial.

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    When it is over and the government wants Portland to pay for all the damage and all the money it cost to send officers there, are you going to post and be on the side of the government, because the government will have a legal case for it.
    Doubtful. Portland never requested their assistance and their presence has lead to an exponential escalation at protests that were, again, organically dying down and likely soon to be only a handful of diehards left.

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    No you won't, because you are dis igneous and you would never post that.
    Why are you so concerned about the future and not the present?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    You mean occupiers. You agree with the nonsense spewed from a city official so therefore call them as you agree, occupiers.
    I'll kindly thank you not to strawman arguments on my behalf.

  9. #10009
    Banned Thee ANCOM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    "so much hatred"
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post

    You can mislabel me as right wing, I'll just mislabel you as intelligent and see how far that gets. I don't even understand what you are talking about. Saying shooting people in the leg makes you an instigator? This whole rant is unintelligible drivel.
    you're the one saying this is somehow going to blow back on the Dems for thier part in it. sorry your point is even more half baked than I assumed it was? like dude you're the one going off about campaign ads.

  10. #10010
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So you're just confirming that the "States rights" thing was just an act? Because it doesn't matter how the state (or city) frames it, if the feds overstepped their boundaries and put fencing on state land then they are in violation of local ordinance.

    You either care about states rights or you don't, and it doesn't seem that you do right now.



    Man, Trump's America sounds freakin awful. The feds are getting attacked under his leadership? Pretty bad, IMO.

    Also, why focus on the protesters? Why not focus on the greater threat during these protests? The boogaloo bois have proven a far greater threat to law enforcement, racking up multiple murders to their name, and an indictment for terrorism.

    Almost like, as with the surge in federal troops, this is all a performative piece of political art playing with peoples lives.
    Nice whataboutism and misdirection. You are really making a salientpoint to pretend to give a shit about state's rights, especially when it is just political grandstanding. Are you just intentionally doing it or do you really believe what she says, if so you are acting way too conservative and need to become much more militantly liberal. These occupiers need to get out of their federal courthouse.

  11. #10011
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    You mean occupiers. You agree with the nonsense spewed from a city official so therefore call them as you agree, occupiers.
    Liberate those cities!!!



    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Nice whataboutism and misdirection. You are really making a salientpoint to pretend to give a shit about state's rights, especially when it is just political grandstanding. Are you just intentionally doing it or do you really believe what she says, if so you are acting way too conservative and need to become much more militantly liberal. These occupiers need to get out of their federal courthouse.
    Pointing out people who screamed “states rights” are hypocrites, doesn’t require the person pointing out the hypocrisy to actually care.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  12. #10012
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    You are really making a salientpoint to pretend to give a shit about state's rights, especially when it is just political grandstanding.
    See, that's the thing. If you care about "states rights" as Republicans claim to, you don't get to selectively ignore them because a state engaged in "political grandstanding". That just shows that you only care about them when you agree with them, which makes it a hypocritical position to hold.

    And I've actually never said I'm the biggest "states rights" guy, actually, so I'm pretending nothing. Especially since I haven't shared my views on the topic, only offered commentary on the Republican party position.

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Are you just intentionally doing it or do you really believe what she says, if so you are acting way too conservative and need to become much more militantly liberal. These occupiers need to get out of their federal courthouse.
    Whether I agree with her rhetoric or not is, again, irrelevant. If you (the royal you) care about states rights, as the Republican party claims, then the city and state have every right to fine the federal government for overstepping their authority and failing to respond to legal complaints.

    Even if you don't like the way the state is saying it.

  13. #10013
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    @TexasRules I have not forgotten Trump tweets screaming “liberate” encouraging people to threaten and attack nurses, police and medical officials. I don’t think I am unique in remembering Trump encouraging riots, to inhibit medical professionals from treating patients.


    Last edited by Felya; 2020-07-28 at 08:04 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  14. #10014
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    @TexasRules I have not forgotten Trump tweets screaming “liberate” encouraging people to threaten and attack nurses, police and medical officials. I don’t think I am unique in remembering Trump encouraging riots, to inhibit medical professionals from treating patients.
    What he meant was...

  15. #10015
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why should I tell you that? Because you want me to say it?

    I mean, they're not, while they're in a federal building, but they're also clearly not welcome by the city or state governments, nor by the people of Portland.



    Her being "political" or not has nothing to do with Republicans abandoning their position of "states rights" at the current moment. You either support "states rights" or you don't, and right now, you don't.


    Doubtful. Portland never requested their assistance and their presence has lead to an exponential escalation at protests that were, again, organically dying down and likely soon to be only a handful of diehards left.



    Why are you so concerned about the future and not the present?

    I'll kindly thank you not to strawman arguments on my behalf.
    So you deflect and admit you would never post that. It woudl hurt your image among the circle jerkers here, i get that. E

    Either you agree with this political hack or you don't. They are either federal occupiers who are disobeying state laws or they are federal agents trying to defend federal property. Which is it? Stop bullshitting and tell the truth, you are just posting this for bait. You don't actually believe this woman, or you do and you need to come clean. which is it?

    You're a democrat, you only believe some laws should be enforced. Is this one of those laws? It's a code violation, is it less important then say immigration laws or letting murders and other criminals walk free so they can commit more crimes? I am sure yous ee it differently because some crack pot makes the argument, but sure keep being dis ingenious.

  16. #10016
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    What he meant was...
    No lives mater...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-07-28 at 08:09 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  17. #10017
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    The government doesn't want their courthouse burned down and the state is doing nothing about it. That fine will never be paid and is a pure political move by a person claiming agents are “federal occupiers.” You guys can bullshit all you want, but this is not helping the democrat party, it's helping galvanize people against them. Federal agents being attacked is going to be campaign ad after campaign ad asking if you are okay with the way the democratic party wants to rule and allow violence. You think people are going to be okay with a government that allows violence for no reason like Portland and Seattle? This is not a protest.
    Fences being a notable deterrent against fire, right?

    Maybe they could stop tear gassing protestors, bagging people and throwing them into unmarked vans, and using ridiculously unnecessary levels of force as a matter of course, and the protestors wouldn't be trying to burn down the courthouse?

    Maybe they could just station guards rather than build a fence, given guards are both more of a deterrent than a fence AND legally allowed to be on state public property (unlike the fence in question).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

  18. #10018
    Banned Thee ANCOM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    "so much hatred"
    Posts
    623
    You're a democrat, you only believe some laws should be enforced.
    dON't MIslAbLe mE As RiGhT wiNG.

  19. #10019
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    See, that's the thing. If you care about "states rights" as Republicans claim to, you don't get to selectively ignore them because a state engaged in "political grandstanding". That just shows that you only care about them when you agree with them, which makes it a hypocritical position to hold.

    And I've actually never said I'm the biggest "states rights" guy, actually, so I'm pretending nothing. Especially since I haven't shared my views on the topic, only offered commentary on the Republican party position.
    So why do you agree to only selective laws being enforced? Why does this code violation matter to you but say, homeless people being in the street does not. Again if you are going to whine and carry on like you are, why do you get to pick and choose what codes are more meaningful. This is a code violation, not a state's rights violation, but you keep making that mole hill bigger, it may one day pretend to be something in your eyes. Your simply full of shit.
    Last edited by TexasRules; 2020-07-28 at 08:12 PM.

  20. #10020
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That is what ? Some kind of moderate party or something like that ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •