Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    lol... Police see black people as more threatening due to more black peoples in jail, resulting in more black people in jail. They literally explained systematic racism...

- - - Updated - - -

Too quick? I’m over 40 years old... I’ve been living in this system for over 30 years... this isn’t some new subject.

Again... unless you can show that there is a genetic predisposition... what you are saying is an example of systematic racism. If cops didn’t see black people as more of a threat, would there more of them in jail?

- - - Updated - - -

Are you sure it’s commit and not arrested? Again, unless you can show a genetic predisposition, you are explaining why the system is racist.

- - - Updated - - -

You are defending cops being too quick to judge, based on race...
    Commit not arrested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Obviously not, but I prefer not to use systematic racism for that, but systemic failure of US social system, which comes from the segregation (where and when there was a lot of racism, I do agree).

- - - Updated - - -

Because law enforcement is not easy, and clearly, they lack training and experience. And everyone being easily armed is another issue that does not help.

You can even hear the fireman talking about his only concern is that the guy have a gun tucked away in the video previously linked.
    Oh yeah, enslaving and carrying africans to the plantations was evil, but just keeping them there was just the consequence of an evil act, not evil itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously not, but I prefer not to use systematic racism for that, but systemic failure of US social system, which comes from the segregation (where and when there was a lot of racism, I do agree).
    What? Remember how you had a problem with people replying to you being “too easy to judge from behind monitor”? You are defending cops being too easy to judge based on race... but, you prefer not to call it systematic racism? What sort of PC bullshit is this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Commit not arrested.
    Oh, you mean successfully persecuted? That makes it worse... Can you give me a link? I think this will help my argument...

- - - Updated - - -

Because law enforcement is not easy, and clearly, they lack training and experience. And everyone being easily armed is another issue that does not help.
    That means there is systematic racism, with a system that is refusing to address through even training. You are not helping your point...

You can even hear the fireman talking about his only concern is that the guy have a gun tucked away in the video previously linked.
    Remember how you claimed police are profiling due to jail statistics? Well... since you brought up fear of guns... White people own more guns, yet...

https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2017...gun-ownership/
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

What? Remember how you had a problem with people replying to you being “too easy to judge from behind monitor”? You are defending cops being too easy to judge based on race... but, you prefer not to call it systematic racism? What sort of PC bullshit is this?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, you mean successfully persecuted? That makes it worse... Can you give me a link? I think this will help my argument...
    Maybe because you have all the time you need and the hindsight behind you monitor, though it seems a lot of you do make a proper use of that time to think, while police officers do not have that time to think things through when they are in an intervention.

And what is PC for you ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe because you have all the time you need and the hindsight behind you monitor, though it seems a lot of you do make a proper use of that time to think, while police officers do not have that time to think things through when they are in an intervention.
    Uhm... you said they profile based on race, due to jail statistics. It seems like their time thinking is wasted on bullshit... like crime statistics based on race...

And what is PC for you ?
    People being uncomfortable, because they don’t like some words. How about we call systematic racism, an attack helicopter?

Edit: lol... joke does not work as well, when we literally had cops in helicopters, dispersing protestors... just a week or two ago...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Uhm... you said they profile based on race, due to jail statistics. It seems like their time thinking is wasted on bullshit... like crime statistics based on race...

People being uncomfortable, because they don’t like some words. How about we call systematic racism, an attack helicopter?

Edit: lol... joke does not work as well, when we literally had cops in helicopters, dispersing protestors... just a week or two ago...
    If we take the racism definition, you might be right.

For the record:

racism
    /ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    noun: racism

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.
    "a programme to combat racism"

But I find this definition lacking as there isno reason given what caused that racism in the first place.

Because we do not disagree overall about the current situation, I would not systematic racism, but systemic racism (as in system = black ppl are overall in the lower spectrum of society, etc... which leads to more bad behavior, more felony, etc... which leads to higher % of black ppl in jail).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I see we're still defending murder. Good shout.

It's a shame introspection is dead in 2020, some of you need a good look at yourselves in a mirror.
    And what about you? Do you understand what you reading, keyboard warrior ?

It's always cute when a random on a forum tries to attack another random on a forum with things like this.

I understand perfectly what I'm reading and seeing, thank you. Do you?
    What do you understand then ? Explain your thoughts on what you are seing ?

And it is sure when a random poster just pop in, say some snarky comments and act high and mighty about it when called out for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    But I find this definition lacking as there isno reason given what caused that racism in the first place.
    Uhm... Racists cause racism... wtf? There is no legitimate reason to be racist.

Because we do not disagree overall about the current situation, I would not systematic racism, but systemic racism (as in system = black ppl are overall in the lower spectrum of society, etc... which leads to more bad behavior, more felony, etc... which leads to higher % of black ppl in jail).
    Uhm... lower spectrum of society, isn’t systematic racism? What?

And it is sure when a random poster just pop in, say some snarky comments and act high and mighty about it when called out for that.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-awareness

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Why should the police officer should have done then to make him cooperate ? Ask him "again" politely ? Enlighten us with your experience as a police officer since you seem to know a lot about law enforcement ?
    Yes he should have absolutely have asked again politely or have done literally any thing else before resorting to a deadly threat. If things escalated past that and the police weren’t able to de escalate them then other methods rather that be less lethal means or at an extreme a gun should be used but the police should have absolutely have talked with him without threatening them with a gun as the first thing they did.

Uhm... Racists cause racism... wtf? There is no legitimate reason to be racist.

Uhm... lower spectrum of society, isn’t systematic racism? What?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-awareness
    Must be nice to leave in such a black and white world. Do you know the meaning of "nuance" ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Yes he should have absolutely have asked again politely or have done literally any thing else before resorting to a deadly threat. If things escalated past that and the police weren’t able to de escalate them then other methods rather that be less lethal means or at an extreme a gun should be used but the police should have absolutely have talked with him without threatening them with a gun as the first thing they did.
    And they did not. They should have but still did not. Why is that ? Did they act out of racism because reason ?

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    So anybody convicted of a DUI should be executed then? That's your logic?
    Where did I say he deserved to be executed. What I said was in response to someone saying they should've let him go and got a warrant to go pick him up later because he want a threat to other people. He was operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs. That makes him a threat to everyone around him while he's driving that vehicle.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Must be nice to leave in such a black and white world. Do you know the meaning of "nuance" ?
    There is no nuance to racism... it’s quite literally black and white...

There is no nuance to racism... it’s quite literally black and white...
    So I guess it is pointless to discuss with you as there can be no discussion.

As a last try to to better understand your views, are you interested in knowing why someone would turn terrorists ? Or you just do not want to understand why ?

If you go back to my original post, which apparently touched a nerve with you, I think it is pretty clear what my thoughts were on what I was seeing.
    So it seems you do not really understand what you were reading unless you were reading some other posters.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    And they did not. They should have but still did not. Why is that ? Did they act out of racism because reason ?
    It could very well be racism but it could also be that they know they can get away with it due to a lack of accountability or even that they just don’t care because they like to abuse the position they are in.only officers them selfs can tell you why they are abusive murdering ass holes and it’s incredibly unlikely that they will do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's also situations like poorer neighborhoods are policed more, drug crime is more often enforced and given harsher and longer sentences.

Black Americans are four times more likely to be arrested for marijuana charges than their white peers. In fact, black Americans make up nearly 30 percent of all drug-related arrests, despite accounting for only 12.5 percent of all substance users.

Black Americans are nearly six times more likely to be incarcerated for drug-related offenses than their white counterparts, despite equal substance usage rates.12 Almost 80 percent of people serving time for a federal drug offense are black or Latino.13 In state prisons, people of color make up 60 percent of those serving time for drug charges.

In the federal system, the average black defendant convicted of a drug offense will serve nearly the same amount of time (58.7 months) as a white defendant would for a violent crime (61.7 months).

People of color account for 70 percent of all defendants convicted of charges with a mandatory minimum sentence. Prosecutors are twice as likely to pursue a mandatory minimum sentence for a black defendant than a white defendant charged with the same offense, and black defendants are less likely to receive relief from mandatory minimums.

On average, defendants subject to mandatory minimums spend five times longer in prison than those convicted of other offenses.

https://www.americanprogress.org/iss...drugs-numbers/
    There's many other systematically racist elements that have been added over the years which ends up selectively targeting black communities, even though there's nothing overtly racist in the policies. The end result is the same, the disenfranchisement and destruction of black communities.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    And you explain all of this because...? As a defense for him being murdered? What exactly is your point here? That intoxicated ppl behind the wheel are dangerous? More news at 11 Jim thank God you came by to break that news to us all. Next up: The Game likes to be frustratingly obvious statements in order to hand wave an actual murder because he loves to collect whistles of a dog variation.

It's funny I have been wondering the past couple days where the usual Trumpkin suspects have been at as of late, and here I find them all piled in the thread with racist connotations. Go figure
    all we know is he had drugs in his system. that doesn't mean he was under the influence when this happened.

And yes, I think police officers see Black people, overall, more threatening than White people. Because there is a larger % of the prison's population that is black. And this is mainly the result of a lot of social issue in the USA.
    It is mainly the result of systemic racism. Studies show blacks and whites commit about the same amount of crimes and violent crimes. What is a big predictor of criminality is poverty, and blacks are more likely to be poor.

And that's because black people are:

less likely to have someone actually represent them in gov't, thus
    more subject to redlining, thus
    more likely to live in an inner city defunded by politicians, thus
    more likely to be subjected to broken windows policing, thus
    over-policed, thus
    over-stopped for minor offenses, thus
    over-searched without cause, thus
    over-arrested for minor offenses, thus
    over-charged, thus
    more likely to be denied bail for similar offenses, thus
    more likely to plea guilty to a conviction to avoid pre-trial jail because of said bail, thus
    over-convicted, thus
    over-sentenced, thus
    more likely to be in single parent homes with lesser adult supervision because the remaining parent or grandparent has to work, thus
    are less likely to succeed or have political power, thus starting the cycle all over again.

There is no inherent flaw in black society. They are not morally or socially inferior, that is a racist myth that is perpetuated to this day, even on these forums. The black community is where it is precisely because that's where the white community wanted them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    There is no inherent flaw in black society. They are not morally or socially inferior, that is a racist myth that is perpetuated to this day, even on these forums. The black community is where it is precisely because that's where the white community wanted them.
    Yeah and situations like Tulsa, Atlanta, Wilmington, Elaine, Rosewood etc where entire communities were literally destroyed

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    When your suspected of committing a felony and refuse to show your hands you get a gun pointed at you, there are easy ways to avoid this. Don't commit felonies and listen to lawful orders should you get caught committing them.
    Man, conservatives sure do love them some authoritarian police states when the victims are black folks.