https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...-blm-protester

New York Police officers in riot gear and backed up by helicopters and police vans surrounded the home of a prominent Black Lives Matter protester Friday morning, tried to get him to come out of his apartment, and finally left empty-handed after a crowd gathered because the protester began streaming the incident on Instagram Live.

A spokesperson for the NYPD, Jessica McRorie, later said the NYPD had been “attempting to make an apprehension for an assault on a police officer.” She declined to say more, saying the investigation was “active and ongoing.”

But the explanation left many unconvinced, especially because of the bizarre way the incident unfolded, with officers at first telling the protester, Derrick Ingram, that they had a warrant, and then, when he asked to see it, backtracking on that and saying they were working on a warrant, according to Kiara Williams, who, along with Ingram is a member of the protest group Warriors of the Garden. BuzzFeed News profiled the group in June.

“This is very clearly a political decision by the NYPD to harass peaceful protesters without a legal means to do so,” said Atusa Mozaffari, a lawyer for the Legal Aid Society who was present at the scene, though is not counsel for Ingram. “This is exactly what everyone in New York City should be worried about.”
    Spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to send dozens of police in riot gear with support vehicles and a helicopter, once again lying by saying they had a warrant and then being forced to admit to that lie when told to show it. They repeatedly tried to enter his home without a warrant, and held him hostage in his own home for more than five hours.

How is this not functionally domestic terrorism, again?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    And Another one, this time a man shot on his own doorstep after a cop 'Feared for his life' because the victim put his gun down.

The body-worn camera shows two officers approaching the apartment, knocking on the door and announcing that they are police.

As 40-year-old Ryan Whitaker opens the door, he holds a handgun in his right hand. He immediately moves it behind his back after seeing the officers. Officers scream “hands” and Whitaker backs up, lifts his left hand in the air, squats down and puts the hand with the gun toward the floor.

At this point in the video, an officer fires his gun three times at Whitaker, who falls forward into the walkway.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    And Another one, this time a man shot on his own doorstep after a cop 'Feared for his life' because the victim put his gun down.
    Did you see the video ? The gun was not put down, it was on its way of being put down before the shots are fired from the police = the cops panicked = not enough training.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferly View Post
    So your argument is, when I kill someone in a car accident thats caused by me driving to fast, I should get off free because my driving instructor is at fault?
    That is what a simpleton that does not even try to understand what others ppl say would think.

I am saying that if you want to avoid future "incident" like that in the future, you need to train more your police force (which defunding them is not helping unless you want to redistribute this budget in the training budget). And the fact that ppl can be easily armed (thanks to the 2A) is not helping as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferly View Post
    That's exactly what they mean with their calls to defund the police. Only a simpleton would not try and understand what the protestors are saying.
    Why call it defund the police then ? It is confusing for most ppl which won't even read or hear the propositions. And I did not even hear those propositions because I did not hear or read anything about the "Defund the Police" which means: I do not know who are you calling simpleton here, mate.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Why call it defund the police then ? It is confusing for most ppl which won't even read or hear the propositions. And I did not even hear those propositions because I did not hear or read anything about the "Defund the Police" which means: I do not know who are you calling simpleton here, mate.
    Because it's an easy slogan

"Rebudget Policing money to community services, community nursing, police training and accountability, and public schools" is ... a mouthful
    - Lars

5+ Year Old Account
    Refrain from trying to use statistics to characterize different ethnic groups as being more or less inclined to violence, crime, or other malign qualities.

This warning is being added to the OP. Additionally, settle down on the "simpleton" stuff.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-08-08 at 12:27 PM.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Did you see the video ? The gun was not put down, it was on its way of being put down before the shots are fired from the police = the cops panicked = not enough training.
    All that funding and nothing goes towards training, its almost like the US has a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not enough training is not an excuse. If the officer doesn't have enough training, they shouldn't be out on the street.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    WTF. They put a plastic bag over his head, and they're surprised he can't breathe? Jesus Christ, they tell you not to let babies play with plastic bags for literally that reason!
    Not that I am defending anything they did, but that looks like a anti spit "mask" to me. It's only to stop spitting and in no way blocks air.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Because it's an easy slogan

"Rebudget Policing money to community services, community nursing, police training and accountability, and public schools" is ... a mouthful
    And its an ineffective slogan

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-up...m-survey-finds

10+ Year Old Account
    Which means it's 2nd degree murder and those pigs should go to prison for 10+ years.

That is what a simpleton that does not even try to understand what others ppl say would think.

I am saying that if you want to avoid future "incident" like that in the future, you need to train more your police force (which defunding them is not helping unless you want to redistribute this budget in the training budget). And the fact that ppl can be easily armed (thanks to the 2A) is not helping as well.
    You also achieve this by actually holding police legally responsible for their shitty, cowardly murders.

Anyone confused by "defund the police" is either a fool who's going to knee-jerk about an issue without even taking 30 seconds to Google it, but still expects their willful ignorance to be taken as a serious position, or they're intentionally misrepresenting the concept to mislead those people in the former group, because they are dishonest propagandists.

Neither group is deserving of respect or consideration.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    "A lot of Americans are knee-jerk reactionaries who have strong opinions on issues they're grossly ignorant about" isn't the hot take I think you thought it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Which means it's 2nd degree murder and those pigs should go to prison for 10+ years.

You also achieve this by actually holding police legally responsible for their shitty, cowardly murders.

Anyone confused by "defund the police" is either a fool who's going to knee-jerk about an issue without even taking 30 seconds to Google it, but still expects their willful ignorance to be taken as a serious position, or they're intentionally misrepresenting the concept to mislead those people in the former group, because they are dishonest propagandists.

Neither group is deserving of respect or consideration.

- - - Updated - - -

"A lot of Americans are knee-jerk reactionaries who have strong opinions on issues they're grossly ignorant about" isn't the hot take I think you thought it was.
    Can you share us your extensive experience of law enforcement as you seem to have plenty ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you share us your extensive experience of law enforcement as you seem to have plenty ?
    Do you have an actual argument, or are you just going to engage in ad hominem distractions?

Being so poorly trained you shoot an innocent person means you're a murderer, and a coward. You murdered someone because you were chickenshit. I don't need experience in law enforcement to understand that; I manage just fine not murdering people every day because I'm not so fucking frightened of my own shadow.

If you're that scared, you have no business being an officer, and should not have been able to pass the basic psych evals during training. You're constitutionally unfit for duty.

3+ Year Old Account
    when are you going to get around to telling us your experience in these things or anything for that matter? seeing as you demand everyone shares their's.

Quote Originally Posted by headfistass View Post
    when are you going to get around to telling us your experience in these things or anything for that matter? seeing as you demand everyone shares their's.
    Since you asked, I have some experience in that part, on the contrary of most ppl here that are so quick to judge someone action under the stress of an intervention.
    I was in the "Gendarmerie Nationale" for some time, more than 10 years ago and I had my share of stressful situation.

Again, I am not saying they do not deserve punishment for their actions. But that those actions are most of the time a result of a lack of training and the facts that most ppl are easily armed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Do you have an actual argument, or are you just going to engage in ad hominem distractions?

Being so poorly trained you shoot an innocent person means you're a murderer, and a coward. You murdered someone because you were chickenshit. I don't need experience in law enforcement to understand that; I manage just fine not murdering people every day because I'm not so fucking frightened of my own shadow.

If you're that scared, you have no business being an officer, and should not have been able to pass the basic psych evals during training. You're constitutionally unfit for duty.
    So you have no experience in law enforcement, got it. /ignore

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, I am not saying they do not deserve punishment for their actions. But that those actions are most of the time a result of a lack of training and the facts that most ppl are easily armed.
    Explaining why an officer is so grossly incompetent that it would lead them to murder someone isn't actually an argument that it's not still murder.

You're literally just defending violent murder, here.

It's no different than me saying "of course he stabbed his wife 50 times; she'd told him she was cheating, and that made him angry, and so he lashed out." It presumes, falsely, that this is in any way a reasonable response.

These shootings are not reasonable, and no lack of training justifies them in any way whatsoever. It just explains why the officer is a terrible person and had no business being a police officer, and should be convicted of the murder they obviously committed out of being a terrible, shitty, violent, panicky shitstain of a person.

Didn't actually say that. Said that any experience I do or do not have has fuck-all to do with the value of my argument. Same for you. That's just an appeal to authority or an ad hominem, depending on whether you're believing someone based on experience or dismissing their argument due to a lack thereof, respectively. Those are fallacies, not arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump doesn’t have any either, yet people seem to listen to him. In fact, he has 0 experience in public service. But... yeah... Ednus... that red devil..
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Since you asked, I have some experience in that part, on the contrary of most ppl here that are so quick to judge someone action under the stress of an intervention.
    I was in the "Gendarmerie Nationale" for some time, more than 10 years ago and I had my share of stressful situation.
    So you have first hand experience in being a coward and a murderer? That explains a lot.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    So you have first hand experience in being a coward and a murderer? That explains a lot.
    It’s fucking 2020... who gives a shit what people claim to be online... as Ednus said, it’s an appeal to authority, where the authority, is the word of a random online.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi