1. #14061
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I am pretty sure not even in the US you can use this line of defense: "well, he was obviously stupid for running at me, I mean, I was armed, what did he expect to happen?" and expect a positive outcome for your case.
    And I am pretty sure it will be more or less the line of his defense. What else could it be ?

    And I am not moving goal post at all, I am just saying that you are extremely biaised since you did not want to understand what he meant.

  2. #14062
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    And I am pretty sure it will be more or less the line of his defense. What else could it be ?

    And I am not moving goal post at all, I am just saying that you are extremely biaised since you did not want to understand what he meant.
    1. If that's his defence, he's going to jail. Because he murdered people for running at him with the potential that they may harm him.

    2. Yeah, you're moving goalposts. Like I said, you're bordering on windup merchantry just to make a 'point'. It's not going very well.

    I'm going to go back to ignoring your posts short of you quoting me, because it's quite tedious.

  3. #14063
    The Insane Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    19,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    And I am pretty sure it will be more or less the line of his defense. What else could it be ?
    If that's all he has as defense, then don't be surprised to see life in prison.

    The Charlottesville murderer tried that.

    Spoiler: it didn't work.

  4. #14064
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Moving goal posts, of course.
    If your point was strong you wouldn't need to resort to selective quoting.

  5. #14065
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    22,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    If your point was strong you wouldn't need to resort to selective quoting.
    And another thing you don't know the meaning of, come on russiabot, grab a dictionary at times because currently, all you're doing is embarrassing your programmers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

  6. #14066
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    It is kinda easy with hindshight and behind the safety of a monitor to say: I won't kill you.

    If you are armed, and I am charging you to disarm you, how can you know I won't use the weapon against you or that I won't beat the shit out of you ?

    And smart people do not run toward an armed person with their bare hands, they run in the opposite direction, so if one person is stupid enough to run toward an armed person, how do you know he won't do stupid things like beating the shit of you and such ?
    How many people did you kill in high school? I am only asking because that must have been a nightmare for you being unable to cope with situations without resorting to slaughtering everyone around you.

    As for hindsight maybe just maybe shooting someone in the head in front of a mob was not a good idea. The mob charged at him after he killed someone off camera.
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2020-09-03 at 01:51 PM.

  7. #14067
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Remember when Charlottesville happened, and all the wingnuts here claimed it was self-defense because there was (somehow) irrefutable proof that his car was attacked first, and the court basically said "lmao no, go eat a dick, this is murder"?

    Do we really want to go through the same cycle? Do you people not ever get tired of being wrong?
    Difference is, back then, we had an Attorney General, who called it what it was, Murder and Terrorism. What a weird feeling, to somehow miss Jeff Sessions.

  8. #14068
    The Insane Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    19,843
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Difference is, back then, we had an Attorney General, who called it what it was, Murder and Terrorism. What a weird feeling, to somehow miss Jeff Sessions.
    Federal AGs has little to do with state prosecutors thankfully.

    They can (and have) told him to go fuck a pine-cone.

  9. #14069
    Incoming Daniel Prude coverage maybe? I only heard about it around 2am from a concerned friend, looking into it I'd be surprised if something like this doesn't go national.

    Absolutely disappointing, but not surprising, that this shit happened in my city.

  10. #14070
    The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Remember when Charlottesville happened, and all the wingnuts here claimed it was self-defense because there was (somehow) irrefutable proof that his car was attacked first, and the court basically said "lmao no, go eat a dick, this is murder"?

    Do we really want to go through the same cycle? Do you people not ever get tired of being wrong?
    Nah, they'll argue for page after page that killing someone while in the act of committing a crime is perfectly okay when claiming self-defense when, by any legal standard, it isn't. Shit, Rittenhouse's mother will be lucky if she doesn't end up in the pookie for felony murder, too.

  11. #14071
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Federal AGs has little to do with state prosecutors thankfully.

    They can (and have) told him to go fuck a pine-cone.
    I know, but it shows a lot, that the Trump Administration so far appears to be supportive of Rittenhouse instead.
    But I am not suprised. I am just waiting for Trump's goons choosing "Ain't I right" as a new campaign song.

  12. #14072
    The Insane Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    19,843
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    I know, but it shows a lot, that the Trump Administration so far appears to be supportive of Rittenhouse instead.
    But I am not suprised. I am just waiting for Trump's goons choosing "Ain't I right" as a new campaign song.
    I mean, Trump supporting murderers isn't new.

    Charlottesville was full of "very fine people". It's par for the course.

  13. #14073
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I mean, Trump supporting murderers isn't new.

    Charlottesville was full of "very fine people". It's par for the course.
    It actually got worse. He can't say it now. That would mean, that there are fine BLM or general lefist protesters, killing his campaign narrative.

  14. #14074
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    64,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    If I charge at you while shouting, would you consider your life in danger ?
    This is the central problem with your argument.

    Because no; I would not. No reasonable person could. It's an insane and irrational kneejerk response that you would have to be murderously dangerous to believe.

    You are describing Rittenhouse's motive for murder. That's not a legal defense. This is right up there with "I killed my wife because she was cheating on me" or "I shot that guy because he's Muslim and all Muslims are terrorists". It's an explanation of intent that does absolutely nothing to make the action justifiable.

    And while you didn't say it, I want to address the "but he tried to get Rittenhouse's gun away from him, and that's a lethal threat" bullshit. The only way to consider that a lethal threat is if you consider "being armed" a lethal threat. Which means Rittenhouse is the one who initiated the lethal threat, by coming armed, which means everyone was justified in attacking him. It's a dumb argument and does not make any sense at all, so don't waste our time by trying it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    I know, but it shows a lot, that the Trump Administration so far appears to be supportive of Rittenhouse instead.
    But I am not suprised. I am just waiting for Trump's goons choosing "Ain't I right" as a new campaign song.
    If it makes you feel any better, the federal AG electing to not press charges doesn't trigger double indemnity. You should append a "for now" at the end of that sentence; the federal AG has chosen not to press charges for now. The moment there's a new AG and a new administration who feels differently, as long as the statute of limitations isn't up (is there even one, for murder?), those charges can be filed at any time. Even if Barr might take a pass on this (Rittenhouse crossed State lines, so it may be a federal issue), that doesn't mean Rittenhouse gets away with it forever. It just means Biden's AG files those charges in January, or the next candidate files them in January 2024, or whatever. The administration can't declare him innocent.

    They could pardon Rittenhouse, of course. But that would require and admission of guilt; that Rittenhouse murdered two people.

  15. #14075
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamilk View Post
    Incoming Daniel Prude coverage maybe? I only heard about it around 2am from a concerned friend, looking into it I'd be surprised if something like this doesn't go national.

    Absolutely disappointing, but not surprising, that this shit happened in my city.
    I saw it this morning. I was absolutely fucking horrified. Like at that point, if I was white I'd be sitting there in fear myself.

    Is this how the country treats the mentally ill?

  16. #14076
    The Insane Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    19,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Is this how the country treats the mentally ill?
    Depends. Sometimes they're elected as president too.

  17. #14077
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    22,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Depends. Sometimes they're elected as president too.
    That's quite the range, from being naked in the street and killed by law enforcement to elected official with the most power in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

  18. #14078
    Tthe "ANTIFA COMMANDER" has been arrested so everything is fine now.

    https://www.wbay.com/2020/08/31/neen...ies-to-antifa/

    Apparently, groups of white men armed with sticks, baseball bats, and helmets are more dangerous in the eyes of cops than groups of white men armed with guns which is...a bit weird but whatever.

    A responding officer says he saw four individuals walking towards a protest with baseball bats. One man was wearing a metal helmet with goggles and military-style gear with multiple pouches, and was carrying an Antifa flag. When the officer pulled his squad car in front of the group, they ran away.
    But why would the officer pull up?

    Military-style gear is not illegal, and is worn by PATRIOTS on the right.
    Metal helmets aren't illegal either, and are often warn by PATRIOTS on the alt-right.
    The Antifa flag is no more violent, deadly, or threatening than the Confederate flag, which is often carried by PATRIOTS on the right.

    So the only difference was they had bats, which are decidedly less dangerous and less of a threat than a rifle.

    And the "ANTIFA COMMANDER" that got picked up was, unsurprisingly, a 23 year old dude who immediately went into the fetal position because of course this chucklefuck would.

    I'm just impressed that law enforcement seem to take people armed with flags not waved during a civil war and with melee weapons and personal protection, while they are usually quite gracious towards heavily armed vigilante yahoo's with multiple firearms on their person.

    Almost like there's this weird cultural/political double standard or some shit. WHICH IS WEIRD, RIGHT?!

  19. #14079
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    I know, but it shows a lot, that the Trump Administration so far appears to be supportive of Rittenhouse instead.
    But I am not suprised. I am just waiting for Trump's goons choosing "Ain't I right" as a new campaign song.
    Isn't Rittenhohouse that kid who got chased down the streets, shot at, thrown down on the ground and then started shooting when one of his attackers tried grabbing his gun?
    Seems like self-defence to me. Murder, sure, but in self defence.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I mean, Trump supporting murderers isn't new.

    Charlottesville was full of "very fine people". It's par for the course.
    How is this hoax still alive?

  20. #14080
    Quote Originally Posted by Soliloque View Post
    Isn't Rittenhohouse that kid who got chased down the streets, shot at, thrown down on the ground and then started shooting when one of his attackers tried grabbing his gun?
    Seems like self-defence to me. Murder, sure, but in self defence.
    Kid who was waving his gun around and point it at people per multiple witnesses, including a Daily Caller reporter, who was chased after by someone possibly acting in self defense against an unstable man with a gun posing a threat, who was shot in the head after throwing a bag at him and continuing to chase Rittenhouse. Rittenhouse then called his friend to tell him he'd killed someone, then ran to the street as others went to disarm an active shooter who had just shot someone multiple times, where he fell to the ground and killed one more person, shooting at a second person and missing them, and then shot a third person in the arm. All with a weapon he was not legally allowed to openly carry.

    And then fled back across state lines to go home.

    Yes, that guy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soliloque View Post
    How is this hoax still alive?
    https://www.politifact.com/article/2...sides-remarks/

    Because he said it?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •