1. #14381
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Interesting choice of words from the guy that shot that Union Patriot guy in Portland

    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/v...n-self-defense

    Vice has a nice interview about it. What ideology can do to a man
    Yep pretty sad. Murdered the guy in cold blood then probably was armed and likely resisted arrest against the Feds, so they shot him.
    “A trillion six hundred billion worth. A trillion 400 hundred billion worth. A billion 400 million. A trillion 400 billion. 740 million billion dollars.” - Joe Biden

  2. #14382
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    36,719
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Yep pretty sad. Murdered the guy in cold blood then probably was armed and likely resisted arrest against the Feds, so they shot him.
    Murdered a guy who was macing people? Doesn't really seem cold blooded...

    You know what is? Shooting a guy int he head because they threw a clear plastic bag.

  3. #14383
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Yep pretty sad. Murdered the guy in cold blood then probably was armed and likely resisted arrest against the Feds, so they shot him.
    Oh shit I didnt read that they shot him

    Just caught up to that. Regardless of my feelings about the whole thing I would have loved to get a more complete picture about the incident and the people surrounding it

  4. #14384
    The guy who shot and killed the patriot prayer guy has been shot and killed.

    https://apnews.com/f0418fd4a37be8d9b6953c8359109587

    A man suspected of fatally shooting a supporter of a right-wing group in Portland, Oregon, last week after a caravan of Donald Trump backers rode through downtown was killed Thursday as investigators moved in to arrest him, a senior Justice Department official told The Associated Press.

    The man, Michael Reinoehl, 48, was killed as a federal task force attempted to apprehend him in Lacey, Washington, the official said. Reinoehl was the prime suspect in the killing of 39-year-old Aaron “Jay” Danielson, who was shot in the chest Saturday night, the official said.

    Federal agents from the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service had located Reinoehl on Thursday after a warrant was issued for his arrest. During the encounter, Reinoehl was shot by a law enforcement officer who was working on the federal task force, the official said.

    The official said Reinoehl had pulled a gun during the encounter and was shot by law enforcement. The official could not discuss the matter publicly and spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity.

    The U.S. Marshals Service fugitive task forces, comprised of deputy marshals, other federal agents and local law enforcement officers from a variety of agencies, are responsible for apprehending violent felons and other wanted suspects

    Reinoehl had described himself in a social media post as “100% ANTIFA,” suggested the tactics of counter-protesters amounted to “warfare,” and had been shot at one protest and cited for having a gun at another.
    No one is above the law! Not even the president!

  5. #14385
    The Insane Masark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    17,333
    And two Blue militia members with a bunch of illegal guns arrested on their way to Kenosha.

    https://abcnews.go.com/US/blue-lives...ry?id=72808923

    Two Missouri men were arrested on firearm charges after a tipster warned law enforcement the pair were traveling to Kenosha, Wisconsin, with assault-style weapons, according to court documents.

    Michael M. Karmo, 40, and Cody E. Smith, 33, were arrested at a hotel near Kenosha on Tuesday and charged with illegal possession of firearms, the Department of Justice announced Thursday.

    ...

    FBI officials tracked down Karmo and Smith Tuesday evening outside a Toyota Highlander in the parking lot of a hotel in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, the complaint said. Items allegedly recovered from the car and their hotel room included an Armory AR-15 assault rifle, a Mossberg 500 AB 12-Gauge shotgun, two handguns, a "homemade silencer-type device," a twisted cable survival saw, ammunition, body armor and a drone, according to the complaint.

    Both men had prior convictions that prohibited them from possessing firearms and ammunition, according to the DOJ.

    ...

    "Karmo stated that he would be willing to 'take action' if police were defunded," the complaint alleged.

    Karmo allegedly told the FBI he and Smith are members of an organization called the 417 Second Amendment Militia, the complaint said.

    Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

  6. #14386
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    You’re making sweet generalisations in bad faith, go back to the drawing board.

    1. One article =/= all US media.
    How many examples exactly do you need to change your conclusion? Do you at least agree that anyone that does it does not have best US interests at heart?

    Many clearly are interested defending in (or "excusing") riots as political points against Trump.

    2. Police brutality is a serious and ongoing issue in the US. It’s also not new. Black people have been dying in questionable circumstances for a VERY VERY long time. It’s just that under Trump, things are far worse because the President is doing nothing to even provide lip service condemning these murders. So people have had enough. And before you get all outraged, that does not justify looting and rioting. But peaceful protesting is very common place in democratic nations. Maybe not Russia.
    ...just like the point you're repeating here. You say it doesn't justify it (that's arguable), but it is clearly enough to not outright condemn it. How many such protests did not turn to violence and looting so far?

    As far as i see thing got far worse because of coronavirus and subsequent economic downturn that created a lot of tension all around the country - and a lot of people with nothing better to do. That's how they get current numbers. I don't think even Obama's soothing word would be able to change that reality, and it's not like "protests" weren't multi-month already under Obama either.

    We have multi-week protests over Khabarovsk governor arrest still ongoing. Also peaceful. Because anything violent gets cracked down hard immediately.

  7. #14387
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    The guy who shot and killed the patriot prayer guy has been shot and killed.

    https://apnews.com/f0418fd4a37be8d9b6953c8359109587
    The NY Times article differs slightly from the AP News article in how the official described events. I'm willing to chalk it up to it being an evolving story until I see more details or get confirmation, but if this is accurate it strikes me as being remarkably suspicious:

    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/03/u...-shooting.html
    “As they attempted to apprehend him, there was gunfire,” Lieutenant Brady said. He said four law enforcement officers fired their weapons.

    Lieutenant Brady said the Sheriff’s Office, which is investigating the shooting, heard that the suspect was carrying a gun, but he did not immediately know whether the suspect fired a weapon.

  8. #14388
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    One Author's Controversial View: 'In Defense Of Looting'

    I noticed you snipped what is like, a big part of the headline to contextualize the content. But I guess it does make the strawman argument you are appearing to construct easier.
    Are you saying that defending looting is justified with proper context?

    ...because that would run counter to the claim to which i was responding (that "noone does it"), thus making my point stronger.

  9. #14389
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And killing, don't forget a lot of killing.

    And the South tried it a second time when they felt the institution of slavery was under threat. Unfortunately for them their cause was not so righteous and their ideology not so conducive to nation-building, resulting in their ultimate loss.
    mmh how about no ? You forget the South was also outmanned, military outclassed (as the North had better generals), and industrialy outclassed. So it is not that simple. Rewriting history much ?
    Last edited by Specialka; 2020-09-04 at 06:04 AM.

  10. #14390
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    mmh how about no ? You forget the South was also outmanned, military outclassed (as the North had better generals), and industrialy outclassed. So it is not that simple. Rewriting history much ?
    So, now the European is trying to defend the South, that fought for slavery? Seriously?

  11. #14391
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    So, now the European is trying to defend the South, that fought for slavery? Seriously?
    And I see the USA average man has reading and comprehension issues. Not really surprised here I must say. I am just stating the "facts", ah yes I remember you do not like that. The South did not lose just because its ideology or cause were wrong. They lost on all fronts. You do know history is complex and not so simple, right ?
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-09-04 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

  12. #14392
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Also It is important to take a step back, and study history.

    What fucking revolution or major change has happened without violence and without riots?????

    Those seem to be the only things that force peopel to make changes.
    Got to note that even revolutions that started as riots were soon taken over by forces with actual political agenda. Most started by people already having some kind of plan they enacted by violence, some change they wanted to create and actually were capable of achieving.

    What do riots achieve so far?

  13. #14393
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Got to note that even revolutions that started as riots were soon taken over by forces with actual political agenda. Most started by people already having some kind of plan they enacted by violence, some change they wanted to create and actually were capable of achieving.

    What do riots achieve so far?
    Way more than peaceful protest has over the past decade.
    MMO-Champion Off-Topic's voice of reason.
    If you're mad at me, rest assured it's only because I'm smarter than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

  14. #14394
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, it's all very academic from the outside, yeah. I get you and from an outside PoV I agree. But it's very different for the people directly involved and effected. To many of them, if you're still on the fence at this point, you're part of the problem that's enabled this bullshit for generations.

    That's not to say I support or condone the behavior, but in context some of it is absolutely understandable when you have a community that's been shit on, ignored, and shit on again despite peaceful protests to make their issues heard.
    Perhaps if neither peaceful nor violent protests work they should try something different?

  15. #14395
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    The guy who shot and killed the patriot prayer guy has been shot and killed.

    https://apnews.com/f0418fd4a37be8d9b6953c8359109587
    Good thing we don’t have a court system in this country, or this would be a bad look.
    MMO-Champion Off-Topic's voice of reason.
    If you're mad at me, rest assured it's only because I'm smarter than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

  16. #14396
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Got to note that even revolutions that started as riots were soon taken over by forces with actual political agenda. Most started by people already having some kind of plan they enacted by violence, some change they wanted to create and actually were capable of achieving.

    What do riots achieve so far?
    How about Gandhi ? Note: he started with violent unrest but change to non violence afterwards. So yes, you can do a revolution without violence but that is not the easiest path.

  17. #14397
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Way more than peaceful protest has over the past decade.
    What would you consider as riots winning?

  18. #14398
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    What would you consider as riots winning?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ing/index.html
    MMO-Champion Off-Topic's voice of reason.
    If you're mad at me, rest assured it's only because I'm smarter than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

  19. #14399
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    How about Gandhi ? Note: he started with violent unrest but change to non violence afterwards. So yes, you can do a revolution without violence but that is not the easiest path.
    I think you need actual point-by-point plan to enact change, not just "hear me as i lash out".

    Clearly the best way to solve "people getting often killed by police" is outlawing guns in general. Second best would be reducing crime levels in ethnic minority areas so that less police interactions happen there.

    Maybe you could sidestep it locally by having non-police forces enforce law (as long as you accept inevitable corruption as fair price to non-police resolution of conflicts) or creating some separate force like BIA Police.

  20. #14400
    The Insane Masark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    17,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    mmh how about no ? You forget the South was also outmanned, military outclassed (as the North had better generals), and industrialy outclassed. So it is not that simple. Rewriting history much ?
    The latter two (and arguably the first as well) were the results of their ideology.

    Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •