1. #14401
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    mmh how about no ? You forget the South was also outmanned, military outclassed (as the North had better generals), and industrialy outclassed. So it is not that simple. Rewriting history much ?
    First of all... Are you trying to make the point that the South WASN'T ideologically in the wrong for fighting to maintain slavery? Because this feels needlessly pedantic if so.

    Second, the South actually mostly had the better generals. For much of the war the North was basically a revolving door of generals who were appointed because they knew the right people moreso than for their military knowledge. It wasn't until Grant took charge that they started seeing consistent victories.

  2. #14402
    Interesting that the dude did an interview with Vice talking about how it might have actually been self-defense, and the next day he's shot as they try and apprehend him.

  3. #14403
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    First of all... Are you trying to make the point that the South WASN'T ideologically in the wrong for fighting to maintain slavery? Because this feels needlessly pedantic if so.

    Second, the South actually mostly had the better generals. For much of the war the North was basically a revolving door of generals who were appointed because they knew the right people moreso than for their military knowledge. It wasn't until Grant took charge that they started seeing consistent victories.
    I am not discussing the qualities of the South Cause (or more precisely the lack of qualities in that case so I am not misunderstood as it seems it is the habits of this forum), I am talking about facts.

    And historians tend to agree that the South had one good general and that was Lee. The others were second raters. While the North had overall better generals, with especially Grant which was leagues above all others.

  4. #14404
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Interesting that the dude did an interview with Vice talking about how it might have actually been self-defense, and the next day he's shot as they try and apprehend him.
    He was killed the same day. Hopefully at least someone had a bodycam.
    Thurston County Sheriff’s Lt. Ray Brady said four members of the fugitive task force fired their weapons, including two Pierce County Sheriff’s deputies, an officer from the Lakewood Police Department and an officer from the Washington State Department of Corrections
    It also appears that a witness thinks he had a weapon as well.
    Chad Smith, 29, who lives next door to the apartment where the shooting occurred, said he was standing outside at about 6:45 p.m. when he saw two S.U.V.s race toward the complex. He heard about a minute and a half of gunshots, he said, then saw a man walking backward next to a white pickup truck, holding what appeared to be a gun, and officers firing in his direction.

  5. #14405
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    He was killed the same day. Hopefully at least someone had a bodycam.


    It also appears that a witness thinks he had a weapon as well.
    He heard 90s of gunshots, THEN saw the dude with a gun?

    Man, they better all have had bodycams on.

  6. #14406
    The Lightbringer Cerilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    The guy who shot and killed the patriot prayer guy has been shot and killed.

    https://apnews.com/f0418fd4a37be8d9b6953c8359109587
    How... convenient.

    Edit: Oops, quoted wrong post.
    Fixed.

    From an earlier quoted article, about the shooter:

    He had not turned himself in, he said, because he believed right-wing protesters were collaborating with police, who will not protect him or his family.
    Appears as if he was right after all. They possibly even executed him on the spot.
    Last edited by Cerilis; 2020-09-04 at 08:11 AM.

  7. #14407
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    How... convenient.

    Edit: Oops, quoted wrong post.
    Fixed.

    From an earlier quoted article, about the shooter:



    Appears as if he was right after all. They possibly even executed him on the spot.
    Well, considering the Patriot Prayer morons have been caught on video colluding with the cops before, it isn't surprising.

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...t-group-leader

    Think this was before Joey Gibson got arrest for the Cider House Riot or whatever it was called where he and Andy Ngo were caught colluding and Andy Ngo was begging them to protect him.

    https://www.portlandmercury.com/blog...rom-the-inside

    So ANYONE associated with Patriot Prayer are no different than Proud Boys, Atomwaffen, Identity Europa, The Red Elephants that are ran by Vincent James from Youtube, and others. They are all white nationalists.
    Last edited by postman1782; 2020-09-04 at 08:26 AM.

  8. #14408
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    How... convenient.

    Edit: Oops, quoted wrong post.
    Fixed.

    From an earlier quoted article, about the shooter:



    Appears as if he was right after all. They possibly even executed him on the spot.
    Any factual evidence of your claim ?

  9. #14409
    Would you be satisfied with having no police then?

    Or what would be the test for those that remain?

  10. #14410
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Would you be satisfied with having no police then?

    Or what would be the test for those that remain?
    The test is being rehired and going through better training. I’ve said it before, but you fire people in waves and give them to opportunity to either sign up for social service jobs or reapply to be a cop. Those who pass a psychological exam and are accepted get rehired. The rest aren’t people who should be in a job that is supposed to improve society.

  11. #14411
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Interesting choice of words from the guy that shot that Union Patriot guy in Portland

    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/v...n-self-defense

    Vice has a nice interview about it. What ideology can do to a man
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsDW...annel=VICENews

    Damn what a nutjob. Thats what media and their fearmongering does to you.


    "Every time I see a truck I think they are out to get me"

    "It felt like beggining of a war"

    "Had I not acted I am confident that my friend and I would have been killed" - how? was the victim armed and pointing weapon at them? Or did he felt like his life is in danger just because there was a guy near him ?

    "that shot felt like the beggining of a war" - when he is the one who shot someone
    Democratic Socialist Convention : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPLQNUVmq3o

  12. #14412
    The Lightbringer Cerilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Any factual evidence of your claim ?
    Humor someone else, drone.

  13. #14413
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Humor someone else, drone.
    So you have none and therefore as an adult, you should refrain to make such bold claims without any kind of evidence since that makes you lose the little left of credibility you have.

  14. #14414
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    So you have none and therefore as an adult, you should refrain to make such bold claims without any kind of evidence since that makes you lose the little left of credibility you have.
    Do you know what "probably" means?

    What credibility do you have that allows you to discredit anyone?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsDW...annel=VICENews

    Damn what a nutjob. Thats what media and their fearmongering does to you.


    "Every time I see a truck I think they are out to get me"

    "It felt like beggining of a war"

    "Had I not acted I am confident that my friend and I would have been killed" - how? was the victim armed and pointing weapon at them? Or did he felt like his life is in danger just because there was a guy near him ?

    "that shot felt like the beggining of a war" - when he is the one who shot someone
    Not many mirrors in your house is there?

  15. #14415
    Kyle killed a rapist pederast and a habitual domestic abuser with a backlog so huge your eyes would water from reading it all.

    This guy? Killed some random dude from who knows where with as far as we know, clean past.

    One can only dream that to have his bullets find perfect targets as it was in Kyles case.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-09-04 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Minor Trolling

  16. #14416
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post

    One can only dream that to have his bullets find perfect targets as it was in Kyles case.

    One should seek help for their violent fantasies. There are much healthier ways of dealing with feelings of inadequacy.

  17. #14417
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Kyle killed a rapist pederast and a habitual domestic abuser with a backlog so huge your eyes would water from reading it all
    Let's give you the benefit of the doubt and say these people are that, are you saying he knew that when he pulled the trigger? do we want a society where random vigilantes pull the trigger and we hope they are bad people? we have something called the justice system and last I checked we don't give the death penalty for every crime.

    This guy? Killed some random dude from who knows where with as far as we know, clean past.
    Right wing extremists groups are known for being good people /s
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2020-09-04 at 10:07 AM.

  18. #14418
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    5,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Kyle killed a rapist pederast and a habitual domestic abuser with a backlog so huge your eyes would water from reading it all.

    This guy? Killed some random dude from who knows where with as far as we know, clean past.

    One can only dream that to have his bullets find perfect targets as it was in Kyles case.
    This may seem shocking to you, but random people are not allowed to kill others, even criminals. Hell, if you'd broke into a prison and killed a hardened criminal with a death sentence, it would still be murder.

    It might seem even more shocking that people who have already served their sentence are considered free, not merely "released into the streets so a random white boy can kill them" - while another dude sings their praise over the internet.

    Vigilantes shooting people is not legal and victim's past does not matter.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2020-09-04 at 10:59 AM.

  19. #14419
    Merely a Setback JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    26,618
    Its so obvious that the cops killed Reinoehl that i'm not even surprised that it happend. You gotta kill BLM protestors if you want to be arrested peacefully.




    edit - But lol at that dude refering to himself as "I'm ANTIFA", who even does that?
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2020-09-04 at 11:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    There’s always a lot of talk of a general strike on the left. But it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.
    Just your typical neo-liberal horseshit.

  20. #14420
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    When the alternative is that they pre-emptively shoot an innocent civilian, or step up use of force and kill someone unnecessarily?

    Yes.

    It isn't about wanting the officers to get hurt, it's that the alternative is worse.
    Pre-emtively shoot a suspect who made a quick move - I don't know about you but had I been that cop I wouldn't have thought of that as something an innocent would do. I probably wouldn't have shot him in the back either, I'm a big fan of less-than-lethal means. What I know is that one is under extremely high stress in such situations, and the US police generally doesn't seem trained to adequately operate under that kind of stress.

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    No, I went with that because we were discussing Jacob Blake, and the suspicion he had a knife.
    A single stab wound will kill you just as good as any bullets. Or many bullets. A staggering amount of cases demonstrate as much, including this one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This has absolutely nothing to do with valuing anyone's life more, to begin with.

    It has to do with acceptance of risk. Police accept a level of risk by taking the job.

    It's the difference between a bystander choosing to jump in front of a bullet to save another, or using someone as a human shield without their consent. The first is noble. The latter is murder.
    Oh, but it has absolutely everything to do with valuing anyone's life more the way you worded it. Acceptance of risk, ok. Oil rig workers accept a far more dangerous job than librarians, I hope we can agree on that. I also think that your argument is entirely based on the civilian vs. LE dichotomy (in which case I could change my example to a private security member vs. a librarian, both would be civilians).

    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Way to go binary here - either the police officer shoots or he gets shot. If that's the realm we're operating in, there's no way you can ever reach a compromise. Besides, there is always a risk. Even if they do shoot first, they can miss, the weapon might be jammed, the other guy is faster, etc. Once you decide to go that route, it's too late.

    The point is, shooting someone should be the very last option, not something done "just in case". This is especially true when we do see that police can do that thing when dealing with white guys. Somehow, mouthing off to them and making "potentially threatening moves" does not lead to a bullet in the head. So clearly, they are capable of that - they simply choose not to.
    I don't go "binary" at all, not even in my private setting, the first shells in my shotgun's tube are rubber shot/slugs, and I'm a big supporter of less-than-lethal alternatives and more training for the police. Using deadly force should be the very last option, I completely agree. What you have to realize is that under certain circumstances and with the lack of a proper training people tend to jump to that last option rather quickly. It's instinctual. Most of the LE training I've seen focuses around controlling that for a reason, as opposed to say, actual shooting practice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    First of all, yes, without question. Not even sure how its a question.

    No one is saying anyone's life is worth more by their occupation....other than you. You think a cop's life is more important than anyone else/s, therefore they shouldn't;t be too cautious when it comes time to shoot someone.
    Never said anything of the sort. It's all written here, I've never edited what I wrote. If you've been unable to understand what I wrote, well, that's not on me. Putting words in my mouth on the other hand is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •