1. #14481
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, I expect you to scroll down to page 7, of a document you claim doesn’t exist. I guess I should apologize... I really should...
    I'm curious have you ever gotten someone to change their mind on a political stance ever? lol.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Are you aware that there’s a pandemic on? Are you aware that he’s been very visible despite this? Do you know how virtual conferencing works? Do you know how live streams work?
    No doubt but at the same time Biden has to get on the trail more than he has. He is winning now, but we saw what happened last time. Feels like Joe could be going at this far more aggressively than he has.

  2. #14482
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    54,085
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I'm not saying Biden is never in the news, but are we really going to pretend that he hasn't spent more time at home as opposed to the campaign trail?
    No, most people spend more time at home, than at work. That’s how things work...

    Dude... It’s not Biden’s problem if your news source is refusing to cover his campaign. What do you want him to do? Bitch about the evil MSM of Fox News not giving him coverage? Sorry... Trump has that tact covered... I prefer he does what he has been and focus on the issues, regardless if Fox News refuses to cover it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I'm curious have you ever gotten someone to change their mind on a political stance ever? lol
    No, I just enjoy pointing out bullshit. You think I can compete with the number Fox has done on their viewers? I’m not that crazy... lol?
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  3. #14483
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I'm not saying Biden is never in the news, but are we really going to pretend that he hasn't spent more time at home as opposed to the campaign trail?
    The little weasel was actually telling people to ‘stock up on guns and ammo’ the other day. Same wuss who thought Sweden was filled with no go zones and shat his pants. Cannot stand that prick.

  4. #14484
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, most people spend more time at home, than at work. That’s how things work...

    Dude... It’s not Biden’s problem if your news source is refusing to cover his campaign. What do you want him to do? Bitch about the evil MSM of Fox News not giving him coverage? Sorry... Trump has that tact covered... I prefer he does what he has been and focus on the issues, regardless if Fox News refuses to cover it.
    He's running for President though. This isn't a part time job lol. A lot is on the line. No need to bitch but he really should be out there more than he has been.

  5. #14485
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    No doubt but at the same time Biden has to get on the trail more than he has. He is winning now, but we saw what happened last time. Feels like Joe could be going at this far more aggressively than he has.
    Was Hillary not "out enough" last time? I mean, she was constantly on the campaign trail and that wasn't what lost the election for her.

  6. #14486
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    54,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    The little weasel was actually telling people to ‘stock up on guns and ammo’ the other day. Same wuss who thought Sweden was filled with no go zones and shat his pants.
    That’s liable... The presidential bunker includes a toilet...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    He's running for President though. This isn't a part time job lol. A lot is on the line. No need to bitch but he really should be out there more than he has been.
    People who don’t work most of the say are not working part time. How much do you think people who have jobs, work during the day? Full time jobs...

    He could be campaigning 24/7... you wouldn’t know... why is this even an issue for you?
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  7. #14487
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I'm curious have you ever gotten someone to change their mind on a political stance ever? lol.
    No one is here to change your mind or anyone else’s. Especially since you’re chatting shit, pal. :/

    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    No doubt but at the same time Biden has to get on the trail more than he has. He is winning now, but we saw what happened last time. Feels like Joe could be going at this far more aggressively than he has.
    No offence, but you have no clue what you’re talking about. And that is a fact regardless of whether Biden goes on to win or lose. Sorry.

  8. #14488
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    54,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    No one is here to change your mind or anyone else’s.
    Dude... In the same thread... on the same page... he is complaining that Biden’s policy I linked is too overwhelming and that there isn’t enough of it...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  9. #14489
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I'm not saying Biden is never in the news, but are we really going to pretend that he hasn't spent more time at home as opposed to the campaign trail?
    I don't know, has he spent less time at home than Trump has at his resorts, golfing, and stealing money from tax payers?

  10. #14490
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    54,085
    Edit: Eeek... This isn’t the election thread... I’ll tag you with this question in that thread... this is way off topic.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-04 at 10:43 PM.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  11. #14491
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Are you aware that there’s a pandemic on? Are you aware that he’s been very visible despite this? Do you know how virtual conferencing works? Do you know how live streams work? Biden has been fundraising from ‘home’ for 6 months and has out-raised Mango Unchained who uses every television press conference as a Trump rally. Quit the concern trolling. It’s weak as fuck and has no basis in fact.
    Mango Unchained, I like that lol.

  12. #14492
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Dude... In the same thread... on the same page... he is complaining that Biden’s policy I linked is too overwhelming and that there isn’t enough of it...
    ‘Oh my, there’s a clear lack of water in this swimming pool’. ‘Erm, it’s filled with water’. ‘What, you’re expecting me to measure how much it is? I just said there wasn’t enough based on how I felt! I don’t have time to qualify my argument!’

  13. #14493
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Yes like that. Right now he should be spending every possible moment getting on TV and getting his message out there. If you ask most Biden supporters where he stands on police reforms I doubt they would know anything in the article you just linked. Also quick question, is that whole article about climate change or do they actually get to criminal justice reform at some point?
    You went from he should be doing something that he is already doing, then complain he should be doing it more, so the next play from the right's playbook will be to complain he's doing it too much.

  14. #14494
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    54,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    You went from he should be doing something that he is already doing, then complain he should be doing it more, so the next play from the right's playbook will be to complain he's doing it too much.
    Oh man, did he make you look foolish:

    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    You linked me a 110 page article and want me to skim through it all?
    Ha! You got the order wrong...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  15. #14495
    Merely a Setback Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    29,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Two people have been arrested, plotting to bring multiple firearms and...a saw....eww...to peaceful protests.
    UPDATE: They were Blue Lives Matter supporters.

    So before any Trump supporters in these forums continue with anything like "well this one BLM supporter did XXX" if you cite the worst of, say, BLM, I get to rebutt with the worst of Blue Lives Matter. Think carefully before you do this.

  16. #14496
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    You went from he should be doing something that he is already doing, then complain he should be doing it more, so the next play from the right's playbook will be to complain he's doing it too much.
    Weak troll attempt. Everyone knows Biden's strategy for months has been to lay low. Linking a 100 page article that he didn't write that includes *all* of his stances without actually trying to point out where I could find the information is just lazy. Do you think you are out of touch with common voters at all? How many people do you know that have read that document entirely? lol. How about how many that have at least skimmed the document over?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

    People who don’t work most of the say are not working part time. How much do you think people who have jobs, work during the day? Full time jobs...

    He could be campaigning 24/7... you wouldn’t know... why is this even an issue for you?
    Campaigning is more than a full time job. The fate of our country is at stake. Biden has been noticeably absent a lot. Not every day, but he's really allowing Trump to once again over shadow him on the campaign trail. Why is this an issue? Because we need to get Trump the fuck out of office and Biden's lead is not so large that I feel comfortable assuming that he's won.

  17. #14497
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    -snip-
    Not a soul is assuming Joe Biden's won. But campaigning is also a marathon, and not a sprint. Also, read this if you don't want to read 110 pages.

  18. #14498
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I know. I think the poster was asking about why he wasn’t talking about it in his speeches or town halls.

    ‘He’s got no damn plan!’ ‘I ain’t reading that!’
    I'm afraid you misunderstand what I'm saying. Biden's message isn't clear to a lot of voters. We don't see him on the campaign trail a whole lot, I get there's a virus but there's a lot on the line with this election. As it stands right now most democrats are not excited about the guy but rather voting for him because they don't want Trump to win. Pretty concerning as we need people that actually show up to the polls. Same thing happened with Bernie Sanders twice, lots of word of mouth support and mentioned all over the internet but on voting day a lot of his crowd ends up staying home. He's got to give his voters something to be excited about.

  19. #14499
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Late Capitalism
    Posts
    51,614
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I'm afraid you misunderstand what I'm saying. Biden's message isn't clear to a lot of voters. We don't see him on the campaign trail a whole lot, I get there's a virus but there's a lot on the line with this election. As it stands right now most democrats are not excited about the guy but rather voting for him because they don't want Trump to win. Pretty concerning as we need people that actually show up to the polls. Same thing happened with Bernie Sanders twice, lots of word of mouth support and mentioned all over the internet but on voting day a lot of his crowd ends up staying home. He's got to give his voters something to be excited about.
    And I'm you seriously underestimate how attractive getting Trump out of office is because of your personal distaste for the Democrats, meaning your vote was never really in consideration for them anyway. Lol.

    Hint:

    > "People aren't deplorable racists, they only voted for Trump because Hillary was so bad."
    > "Trump being so bad isn't enough for Biden to win, they only turn up to vote based on deeper ideology."

    Both of these statements can't be true, which makes it doubly hilarious that the right wing has picked up this particular talking point.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

  20. #14500
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I'm afraid you misunderstand what I'm saying. Biden's message isn't clear to a lot of voters. We don't see him on the campaign trail a whole lot, I get there's a virus but there's a lot on the line with this election. As it stands right now most democrats are not excited about the guy but rather voting for him because they don't want Trump to win. Pretty concerning as we need people that actually show up to the polls. Same thing happened with Bernie Sanders twice, lots of word of mouth support and mentioned all over the internet but on voting day a lot of his crowd ends up staying home. He's got to give his voters something to be excited about.
    I can see a case for where you're coming from, but I don't agree. This is a highly unusual election across the board. Usual rules don't apply.

    Also, the difference between Biden and Bernie is stark. I live in the UK and I know moderate Democrats here who were like 'not Bernie'.

    So that notion of 'no one came out in force for Bernie' speaks to how small that internet voting base actually is versus an establishment candidate.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •