1. #15361
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    52,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    Not sure why it would matter, but lets say the guns are legally owned. But for some reason the courts just refused to convict / press charges against "bikers" and "gangs'.
    That’s magic fairy land... that’s why what I asked maters.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  2. #15362
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That’s magic fairy land... that’s why what I asked maters.
    I mean it's pretty much the exact situation we have now with the cops and minoirities, just the sides are flipped.

    Yet we ask minorities to be patient and non violent, but how do you think cops would react if the roles where reversed?

  3. #15363
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It literally doesn’t make it legitimate. Anyone can make up a loophole, it’s legitimacy is defined by actual ruling. Without it being chalked, you are literally just making shit up.
    It's legitimate until it is challenged, and they are forced to update the law.

    So again, How many people have actually be charged under this law? If the answer is zero, then saying this has never been challenged is a fairly obvious statement.

    You also keep referring to random keyboard warriors who are arguing this, when you can do a quick Google to find actual lawyers also who argue this.

    It doesn't really matter though, as Rittenhouse's lawyer has already laid out how he plans to challenge the possession charge.

  4. #15364
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    52,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    I mean it's pretty much the exact situation we have now with the cops and minoirities, just the sides are flipped.
    No, it’s not... In order for it to work, you need to argue that minorities, or in your example, biker gangs, are a well organized militia.

    Yet we ask minorities to be patient and non violent, but how do you think cops would react if the roles where reversed?
    Cops have authority, you can’t make it the same. The authority is critical to the comparison. It’s why a cop killing someone, is a much bigger deal than just a random shooting you never hear about.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    It's legitimate until it is challenged, and they are forced to update the law.
    There is a tax loophole that means all money needs to go to me. That’s legitimate until challenged in court? Are you sure?

    So again, How many people have actually be charged under this law? If the answer is zero, then saying this has never been challenged is a fairly obvious statement.
    Because there is no legitimate reason to claim it’s a loophole.

    You also keep referring to random keyboard warriors who are arguing this, when you can do a quick Google to find actual lawyers also who argue this.
    No lawyer would disagree with what I am saying... no lawyer would claim that asserting a loophole without any jurisdiction, is legitimate, until challenged. It’s absurd...

    It doesn't really matter though, as Rittenhouse's lawyer has already laid out how he plans to challenge the possession charge.
    That’s great... is he using the “loophole”?
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  5. #15365
    Someone else jumping in the fray I see, eager to start a semantic argument with me. Hi Felya, nice to meet you. I'm warning you that I will tap out of this soon because I hate flooding threads with BS, but I'll take on one more.

    Psychological projection is a defense mechanism in which the human ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others
    Lets start here. I think this is a pretty apt description of the behavior that downnola just displayed. You can argue that he didn't explicitly deny the qualities I just finished pointing out in him, but he certainly tried to fling them back at me.

    Now lets get to your post:

    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You are every insult ever said or ever will be said. I am now invincible from any insult... they are all projections. I don’t think that’s what projecting means...
    Indeed, that is not what it means. Hopefully the definition above clears things up for you.

    What I actually said was:

    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    It works much better when you weren't just accused of these things by someone else first.
    This was a suggestion for him in case he wants to project again in the future. It's just better to let some time pass before engaging in it. Telling someone they are dumb a few minutes after being called dumb, is just a little on the nose.

  6. #15366
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    52,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    What I actually said was:
    Could you please explain more?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I have one word for you: projection.
    —-

    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    Yes, I'm aware that you have nothing else to offer but disingenuous selective quoting and snark. I'm not impressed, tbh.
    At least there was no insincere, “I hope they make it out with full health”... just double down on exploiting it as murder and act as if being flippant, is sarcasm. /shrug

    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I'm happy to. Which of these seven words is confusing to you?
    T2B... everything... explain everything from top to bottom... It’s for the good of social science... I have a suprise at the end.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-14 at 03:38 PM.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  7. #15367
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Could you please explain more?
    I'm happy to. Which of these seven words is confusing to you?

  8. #15368
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    36,746
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I'm sorry, but where the fuck do you get any of that from this post:



    His argument is literally 'the police are killing minorities, the city/state won't protect them by holding police accountable, the federal government won't protect them by holding police accountable, so its appropriate and logical for them to shoot police in self-defense'.
    Right, and?

    Extrajudicial killings are wrong... i think that much is clear throughout the thread from my posts and others. The thing is if we are talking about what is "appropriate" for this situation. What is the logical conclusion of the government refusing to reign in cops linked to gangs, hate groups and murders??? Is it "okay" for people to start killing those cops?

    Not really, but what logical alternative do you see when the government allows hate groups to proliferate, kill, maim, frame people with no consequences? What do you expect the citizens to do?

    I am challenging the idea that citizens killing cops especially cops like that... linked to hate groups and cold blooded murder with entire departments being a problem is not appropriate. If this were any other country I doubt people would be like "oh idk about that, maybe killing those ISIS members was too far"

    Appropriate is whatever the current situation deems logical and unfortunately none of it is good. Does that mean the same as condoning or celebrating? No... it means we are in a very fucked up time.

    I also challenge the idea because i have no fucking clue what is appropriate to do how do you change that? How do you address that? You can't. The people in power to do anything about it, aren't doing anything about it and allowing cops to just go around killing people and then facing no consequences.

    The appropriate thing is for the government to do something, instead of lots of nothing. But they aren't doing anything and therefore what the fuck are people to do?

    They are basically terrorist:
    Now why do i compare cops to terrorists? Well one of the reasons they got qualified immunity TIES DIRECTLY INTO COPS BEING PART OF A TERROR GROUP. The fact that cops exert power on a particular group of people often with a motive that is against those very people and the way people feel and the way they show themselves is like a terror group.

    It's interesting how black and brown people get treated the same as Roma people in Hungary by police (refugee lawyers and UN pros say) meanwhile while americans can see that overseas they simply can't see it in their own country.

    The reason I compare them to terrorist is because accoridng to the FBI the greatest terror threat to america are those white hate groups and those racist white militais. The same ones cops are often chummy with, in, or sympathise with

    That is why i compare them to terrorist, it isn't outlandish to compare them to terrorist.

    What is outlandish is the fact that i can even compare them to terrorist and then back it up with what the FBI themselves thinks of the group they're often chummy with, and the history of police. That is what is outlandish.

    Now it seems to me a lot of people do a lot of talking about oh no but authority must respect it because they're all fucking cartman and are going to kill your parents and feed them to you.

    This is how we slip into fascism... quibbling about "but is that too far, they have rights too so what if they're part of terror groups theFBI thinks are a problem they have first amendment rights"
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-09-14 at 03:42 PM.

  9. #15369
    The Lightbringer downnola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Giving off strong Russ Roberts vibes.
    Posts
    3,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    At least there was no insincere, “I hope they make it out with full health”... just double down on exploiting it as murder and act as if being flippant, is sarcasm. /shrug
    This was the dead giveaway to me:

    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I assume people haven't seen this video yet, because lol at the context here.
    Yes, the context of an attempted murder where the culprit will almost certainly be caught, tried, and convicted of attempted murder of police officers to a double homicide by a kid roleplaying a cop during a protest.

    tHe IrOnY....

    also, lol @ resorting to psychoanalysis because you're incapable of defending your own position without snarky evasions. Next I'll be introduced to the concept of Dunning Kruger because I can't detect the super obvious irony of it all.

    Existence is fucking suffering.
    Last edited by downnola; 2020-09-14 at 03:52 PM.
    I had become too accustomed to the pseudo-Left new style, whereby if your opponent thought he had identified your lowest possible motive, he was quite certain that he had isolated the only real one. This vulgar method, which is now the norm and the standard in much non-Left journalism as well, is designed to have the effect of making any noisy moron into a master analyst.
    - Christopher Hitchens

  10. #15370
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    So in other words, "no u."
    You are accusing me of projecting, in response to me accusing you of projecting. I mean come on this is going too far lol

    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    I'm not impressed, tbh.
    Well shit. There goes that potential friendship.

  11. #15371
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    The sheer intellectual dishonesty of trying to say:
    You only consider it dishonest because you've already found him guilty, and are dishonestly representing the facts to begin with. Of course I don't agree with your farcical version of the truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    illegally arming yourself
    Hasn't been found guilty yet, and even if he is, doesn't change anything else, as already reported by multiple links in this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    crossing state lines
    Crossing state lines is not illegal. You would need to prove he crossed state lines expressly to commit a crime. This is 100% your assumption at this point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    to go to a protest while wearing latex gloves
    Wearing gloves is a crime now, apparently. I see people all the time wearing latex gloves. Near daily at this point. I mean, this guy is wearing gloves. So is this guy. Are you saying they anyone wearing gloves should be arrested?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    telling an interviewer you're there to "put myself into harm's way"
    You seriously love throwing out the "harm's way" part of the quote while dishonestly leaving out the part before where the reason he's putting himself in harm's way is to help someone who is hurt. That's fucking incredibly dishonest. You're cherry picking one part of the statement to remove all context.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    all while with an armed white nationalist militia the likes of which go to these protests specifically to start violence per the FBI
    Should I lump all the protesters into being guilty of vandalism and property destruction, if we're going to play the guilt by association card?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    then shooting three people
    Let me now when he's guilty. If he gets off on self-defense, will you admit the others attacking him were in the wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    ...is fucking staggering and you should be straight up ashamed of yourself.
    I recommend a mirror.

  12. #15372
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I can reassure you with full confidence that you have not yet posed a challenge to my reading comprehension, lol.



    Roll the tapes!



    For good measure:



    Lastly,



    don't worry about it. I was just making a rhetorical point that would take anyone less than a minute to verify if they wanted to. Not that you could disprove it even if you wanted to lol.
    If you think any of what you just quoted was me saying the action was appropriate then your reading comprehension isn’t shit, it’s not fucking existent.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history, there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they seem invincible.
    But in the end, they always fall. Always.- Mahatma Gandhi


  13. #15373
    https://www.npr.org/2020/09/13/91247...er-l-a-protest

    REMEMBER THE LA SHERRIFS OFFICE SPINNING A WHOLE LOTTA LIES ABOUT THE JOUNALIST THEY ASSAULTED?!

    Yeah...

    She had her press credentials
    She identified herself
    She complied with officers orders to back up

    And while in detention they refused to put her mask back on.

    Cops are doing their best to earn the "ACAP" tag.

  14. #15374
    The Lightbringer downnola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Giving off strong Russ Roberts vibes.
    Posts
    3,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    You are accusing me of projecting, in response to me accusing you of projecting. I mean come on this is going too far lol
    I haven't accused you projecting. I'm not even calling you a dumb person, I just think your argument is ridiculous and lazy. Big difference.
    I had become too accustomed to the pseudo-Left new style, whereby if your opponent thought he had identified your lowest possible motive, he was quite certain that he had isolated the only real one. This vulgar method, which is now the norm and the standard in much non-Left journalism as well, is designed to have the effect of making any noisy moron into a master analyst.
    - Christopher Hitchens

  15. #15375
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    52,952
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    lol @ resorting to psychoanalysis because you're incapable of defending your own position without snarky evasions.
    Oh man, I started salivating at that... I haven’t had a solid psycho babble rant, since Connel deleted his account... but, I don’t think he is interested in digging deeper.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  16. #15376
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    If you think any of what you just quoted was me saying the action was appropriate then your reading comprehension isn’t shit, it’s not fucking existent.
    I'll gladly draw attention to what you said once again:

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Once again, the police started this war against black americans. They aren't taking responsibility for it, they aren't apologizing for it and most aren't making any real change. So when things like this happen, they are an effect to a cause they are responsible for. The police have willingly through their own actions, made themselves the bad guys. That's on them and that;s their fault. If they want more sympathy and more outrage when they are viciously attacked, then they should fix the things that make them the villains.
    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    I haven't accused you projecting.
    Also you:

    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    So in other words, "no u."
    And then

    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    I'm not even calling you a dumb person
    Also you:

    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    your original post was pants on head dumb.
    We can take up more space discussing the fact that you called the post dumb, not the poster, but I think that this has already gone too far.

  17. #15377
    The Insane draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    16,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Oh man, I started salivating at that... I haven’t had a solid psycho babble rant, since Connel deleted his account... but, I don’t think he is interested in digging deeper.
    Good, we don't need Connal's trademark 150 pages of bullshit.
    /s

  18. #15378
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Oh man, I started salivating at that... I haven’t had a solid psycho babble rant, since Connel deleted his account... but, I don’t think he is interested in digging deeper.
    To think that you could've had all the interaction with me you wanted. Tsk tsk. It looks like you chose to quote smiley faces at downnola instead. I see you

  19. #15379
    The Lightbringer downnola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Giving off strong Russ Roberts vibes.
    Posts
    3,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Also you:



    And then



    Also you:



    We can take up more space discussing the fact that you called the post dumb, not the poster, but I think that this has already gone too far.
    Accusing me of projecting is a fancy way of saying "no u." I was mocking you, not accusing you of projecting. And yes, smart people are capable of making fantastically stupid arguments (and posts in the context of a forum).

    Do you have anything on-topic to say or are you just interested in pedantic quarreling?
    I had become too accustomed to the pseudo-Left new style, whereby if your opponent thought he had identified your lowest possible motive, he was quite certain that he had isolated the only real one. This vulgar method, which is now the norm and the standard in much non-Left journalism as well, is designed to have the effect of making any noisy moron into a master analyst.
    - Christopher Hitchens

  20. #15380
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    Accusing me of projecting is a fancy way of saying "no u." I was mocking you, not accusing you of projecting. And yes, smart people are capable of making fantastically stupid arguments (and posts in the context of a forum).

    Do you have anything on-topic to say or are you just interested in pedantic quarreling?
    I wouldn't summarize me bolding out insults you mirrored at me as "no u" behavior, but I will agree that "no u" is indeed akin to accusing someone of projecting, which is the whole point but I digress this is clearly an exercise in futility. Let's just say that indeed you were trying to mock me.

    And no, I really made my point many posts ago and I am rapidly losing interest in these semantics with you. Do you have anything meaningful to add to our conversation, or should we just leave it here?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •