1. #15581
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    64,249
    Quote Originally Posted by silveth View Post
    Just to point out there could be other reasons to make the arrested rates different.
    If those issues are systemic rather than genetically inherent, that's what "systemic racism" is.

    You're just quibbling over exactly how society is being systemically racist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Genetics differences between groups aren't the only plausible hypothesis for differences in behavior - socialization, local environment, economic conditions, and so on are all likely to play roles. You're giving a pretty big win to white nationalists if you move to stating outright that the only way two groups could actually be behaving differently is genetics.
    You too; you're describing systemic racism. Obviously, nobody here was arguing the differences were actually genetic. We're pointing out the differences exist because of a systemically racist society.

    Those white nationalists, denying that systemic racism exists, they're doing so because they're straight-up racist; they see that systemic racism as desireable and "right". That's why they're describable as "white nationalists".

  2. #15582
    Related to this topic but anyone else seen this??

    https://www.buffaloschools.org/Page/93603

    Public schools mandating that kids support Black Lives Matter as part of their curriculum. Like the movement Black Lives Matter not the idea of not being racist or awareness of race. Some cult like shit going there

  3. #15583
    The Insane Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    15,564
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Related to this topic but anyone else seen this??

    https://www.buffaloschools.org/Page/93603

    Public schools mandating that kids support Black Lives Matter as part of their curriculum. Like the movement Black Lives Matter not the idea of not being racist or awareness of race. Some cult like shit going there
    so where is the mandating support or cult like shit this seems incredibly reasonable.

    Information about the BLM at school Demands:

    What do we want? Justice!

    In this era of mass incarceration, there is a school-to-prison-pipeline system that is more invested in locking up youth than unlocking their minds. That system uses harsh discipline policies that push Black students out of schools at disproportionate rates; denies students the right to learn about their own cultures and whitewashes the curriculum to exclude many of the struggles and contributions of Black people and other people of color; and is pushing out Black teachers from the schools in cities around the country. With this analysis, educators in the BLM at School movement developed these demands for the movement:
    End “zero tolerance” discipline, and implement restorative justice
    Hire more black teachers
    Mandate Black history and ethnic studies in K-12 curriculum
    Fund counselors
    These demands will begin to insure safety and equity in our schools.

  4. #15584
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Related to this topic but anyone else seen this??

    https://www.buffaloschools.org/Page/93603

    Public schools mandating that kids support Black Lives Matter as part of their curriculum. Like the movement Black Lives Matter not the idea of not being racist or awareness of race. Some cult like shit going there
    Did you read this? I am only asking because I don't think you did.

  5. #15585
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    52,479
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Public schools mandating that kids support Black Lives Matter as part of their curriculum. Like the movement Black Lives Matter not the idea of not being racist or awareness of race. Some cult like shit going there
    I don’t see that in the link you provided...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  6. #15586
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You too; you're describing systemic racism. Obviously, nobody here was arguing the differences were actually genetic. We're pointing out the differences exist because of a systemically racist society.

    Those white nationalists, denying that systemic racism exists, they're doing so because they're straight-up racist; they see that systemic racism as desireable and "right". That's why they're describable as "white nationalists".
    This is just about as dumb of a description as the previous false dichotomy, but it's about par for the course.

  7. #15587
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    so where is the mandating support or cult like shit this seems incredibly reasonable.
    Did you read the material??

    This goes to Draco Onis too who I feel just read your comment and dint bother either

    Students will understand the need for BLM movement.

  8. #15588
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Did you read the material??

    This goes to Draco Onis too who I feel just read your comment and dint bother either
    Because when some of us went to school that part of the educational experience was missing until college. Did you not go to college or did you just ignore your history classes?

  9. #15589
    The Insane Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    15,564
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Did you read the material??

    This goes to Draco Onis too who I feel just read your comment and dint bother either
    there are a ton of links in there care to narrow it down?

    also teaching them to understand the need isn't mandating support.

  10. #15590
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Did you read the material??

    This goes to Draco Onis too who I feel just read your comment and dint bother either
    well whos surprised when the same folks think that one's skin color determines if one is a racist or not. When "being white makes one a racist by default" than it's only logical that movements like BLM are needed.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

  11. #15591
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    36,711
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This is just about as dumb of a description as the previous false dichotomy, but it's about par for the course.
    Aren't you the "only systemic racism is against smart Asians!" person... Why would anyone care about what you have to say on systemic racism?

    You use your experience as a white man with an asian wife to tells literally everyone else how systemic racism is like so totally overblown. You even have dabbled in racist pseudoscience in the past so.... what credibility do you have on this?
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-09-21 at 11:43 PM.

  12. #15592
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    64,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This is just about as dumb of a description as the previous false dichotomy, but it's about par for the course.
    Is it that you dispute that systemic racism exists (and thus, believe any demographic variations are due to inherent superiority/inferiority), or that you simply do not understand what is meant by the term "systemic racism" in the first place?

    Because differences in outcomes across demographics due to such factors as you listed is what systemic racism looks like. You pointed at systemic racism, and I pointed out that's what you were doing. Whats the issue, there?

  13. #15593
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    36,711
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Is it that you dispute that systemic racism exists (and thus, believe any demographic variations are due to inherent superiority/inferiority), or that you simply do not understand what is meant by the term "systemic racism" in the first place?

    Because differences in outcomes across demographics due to such factors as you listed is what systemic racism looks like. You pointed at systemic racism, and I pointed out that's what you were doing. Whats the issue, there?
    Yes to the bolded.

    He has in the past subscribed to the idea that some races are simply "smarter and superior" than other races. He has subscribed to the idea that systemic racism against black people in say universities and jobs doesn't exist because it's really the Asians who are truly discriminated against. The group so discriminated against that they end up being over represented... while blacks and latinos are under represented... and more likely to be turned down for jobs... and often end up face racism in the jobs they have and being disproportionately put on PIP.

    He doesn't believe systemic racism is a thing because he made it out as a poor white guy and we all know poor white guys and poor black guys have the exact same experience and don't face discrimination.

    He subscribed to the idea that Africans are simply inferior because of low IQs and that intelligence is 100% genetic and therefore it is something wrong with the race. This was... like 5 years ago perhaps he has changed, but another topic 3 years ago... says no.

    Never mind he he entirely ignored my argument back then when I pulled up the fact that Dutch Africans who are 100% white scored way lower than Dutch people in the Netherlands which supports my argument in that thread. That being that IQ tests are often too cultural.
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-09-22 at 12:16 AM.

  14. #15594
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Is it that you dispute that systemic racism exists (and thus, believe any demographic variations are due to inherent superiority/inferiority), or that you simply do not understand what is meant by the term "systemic racism" in the first place?

    Because differences in outcomes across demographics due to such factors as you listed is what systemic racism looks like. You pointed at systemic racism, and I pointed out that's what you were doing. Whats the issue, there?
    Coming up systemic racism as the only explanation for disparities in behavior is pretty stupid.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Yes to the bolded.

    He has in the past subscribed to the idea that some races are simply "smarter and superior" than other races. He has subscribed to the idea that systemic racism against black people in say universities and jobs doesn't exist because it's really the Asians who are truly discriminated against. The group so discriminated against that they end up being over represented... while blacks and latinos are under represented... and more likely to be turned down for jobs... and often end up face racism in the jobs they have and being disproportionately put on PIP.

    He doesn't believe systemic racism is a thing because he made it out as a poor white guy and we all know poor white guys and poor black guys have the exact same experience and don't face discrimination.

    He subscribed to the idea that Africans are simply inferior because of low IQs and that intelligence is 100% genetic and therefore it is something wrong with the race. This was... like 5 years ago perhaps he has changed, but another topic 3 years ago... says no.

    Never mind he he entirely ignored my argument back then when I pulled up the fact that Dutch Africans who are 100% white scored way lower than Dutch people in the Netherlands which supports my argument in that thread. That being that IQ tests are often too cultural.
    I've certainly changed my mind on universities - they're deeply racist and should be defunded.

  15. #15595
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Coming up systemic racism as the only explanation for disparities in behavior is pretty stupid.

    - - - Updated - - -


    I've certainly changed my mind on universities - they're deeply racist and should be defunded.
    Not all universities are the same...way too over generalize.

  16. #15596
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Not all universities are the same...way too over generalize.
    Many universities are racist. They should prove that their admissions policies are a reflection of legitimate merit or lose access to government resources.

  17. #15597
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Many universities are racist. They should prove that their admissions policies are a reflection of legitimate merit or lose access to government resources.
    Hmm I guess that should be applied to all branch’s/levels of government.

    Government Policies and practices shouldn’t be racist.

    A great way to start an end of Systematic racism where ever it may be.

  18. #15598
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    36,711
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Coming up systemic racism as the only explanation for disparities in behavior is pretty stupid.

    - - - Updated - - -


    I've certainly changed my mind on universities - they're deeply racist and should be defunded.
    You are fucking perfect. You are just perfect.

    You are literally the thing that holds back all progression. A white man... claiming everything is racist if future generations try to correct well... past racism.

    Angry white man with Asian wife declares that universities need defunding because universities are racist... but only racist towards Asians and that systemic racism isn't really a thing that exists.

    Tell me why that option is worth anything?
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-09-22 at 12:34 AM.

  19. #15599
    The Insane Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    19,266
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Related to this topic but anyone else seen this??

    https://www.buffaloschools.org/Page/93603

    Public schools mandating that kids support Black Lives Matter as part of their curriculum. Like the movement Black Lives Matter not the idea of not being racist or awareness of race. Some cult like shit going there
    I'm not reading what you are claiming here.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  20. #15600
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    36,711
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Many universities are racist. They should prove that their admissions policies are a reflection of legitimate merit or lose access to government resources.
    So when schools in certain areas suffer due to low property taxes due to systemic racist issues you say "too bad fuck those people if they don't test well"

    You are aware that to actually do well and pass and get through college you have to do the work so a score alone isn't the ultimate measure. I would expect someone like you... who spent their time getting a fucking phd would be better at elementary critical thinking. Alas it seems racism often clouds judgement and thought.

    Now when a person goes to, does well, and graduates college. What is the mysterious "legitimate merit" you are fucking going on about? The merit is proven when they perform is it not? Or do you think an Asian person who had a community of people pay for them to get private tutoring (for the Asians who aren't well off) and therefore test better have more merit. When compared to a person who say... didn't have any of that and instead self studied or worked while trying to make it but ultimately doesn't test as well?

    Are people purely numbers or are they idk... people with multiple facets? I mean being you subscribed to racist pseudoscience in the past I can't say I expect anything logical, genuine, not racist, or bias from you.

    You are perfect, absolutely perfect. You are the epitome of the exact issue we have been talking about in this thread.

    The masses of white people who are apathetic to the issues and instead turn themselves into victims. They turn themselves into victims and their pet minority, which is just another form of racism. Asian's aren't special people Spectral. I know you think so, you've behaved as such and you think they're the ones "truly" suffering from systemic racism.
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-09-22 at 12:40 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •