1. #16421
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    65,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And here I am wondering why I'm seeing more concern about police assaulting Brad Parscale from progressives/liberals than I am from conservatives. Weird that we gotta show up to support white dudes assaulted by the police while the "thin blue line" crowd appear to be cosplaying crickets.

    - - - Updated - - -

    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/...seeks-n1241294

    Apparently some of the Grand Jury members are not pleased with the AG's handling of this.
    Reminder that defense teams aren't allowed in grand fury proceedings; it's just the AG prosecutors and the grand jury themselves. If the AG is bullish enough about how the grand jury has to rule, well, there's a reason that people say a grand jury would indict a ham sandwich. It's almost entirely in the AG's hands, and it's vanishingly rare that the grand jury members will speak counter to their advice.

    Which, again, is solely one-sided in favor of whatever outcome the AG wants, even if wildly unfairly to the facts of the case.

  2. #16422
    The Insane Masark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    17,430
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    there's a reason that people say a grand jury would indict a ham sandwich.
    And the addendum that it won't indict a pig.

    Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

  3. #16423
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    37,278
    https://www.npr.org/sections/live-up...jury-recording

    Remember how they were supposed to go live?

    Well now he wants to delay the release. Oh and he didn't bring up manslaughter or murder charges to the grand jury.

    Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron said Tuesday that he did not even give the grand jury the option to consider charges ― including murder ― against two of the officers who were involved in Breonna Taylor’s death.

    In an interview with WDRB-TV, Cameron said it was “not appropriate” to recommend charges for Sgt. Jonathan Mattingly and Det. Myles Cosgrove ― two of the three Louisville police officers who fired shots in Taylor’s apartment early March 13, six of which hit the 26-year-old Black woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

  4. #16424
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    https://www.npr.org/sections/live-up...jury-recording

    Remember how they were supposed to go live?

    Well now he wants to delay the release. Oh and he didn't bring up manslaughter or murder charges to the grand jury.
    Was gonna come here to post this.

    Man, what a surprise that the Grand Jury was only given the option to consider one minor charge against an officer having nothing to do with the murder of Breonna Taylor, or even putting her Black neighbors above her apartment at risk.

    This shit needs to come out and it needs to be redacted by an independent authority. AG should have no part in this given that it's becoming painfully obvious he's compromised and doing everything he can to avoid justice for Breonna.

  5. #16425
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    65,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    https://www.npr.org/sections/live-up...jury-recording

    Remember how they were supposed to go live?

    Well now he wants to delay the release. Oh and he didn't bring up manslaughter or murder charges to the grand jury.
    Charge the fucking AG as an accessory after the fact, at the same time you charge the fucking officers.

    This shit is what a corrupt legal system looks like.

  6. #16426
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Charge the fucking AG as an accessory after the fact, at the same time you charge the fucking officers.

    This shit is what a corrupt legal system looks like.
    Almost like this is more evidence of...systemic racism and a system that's designed around protecting the police and not holding them accountable for their actions.

  7. #16427
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Look behind you.
    Posts
    2,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    https://www.npr.org/sections/live-up...jury-recording

    Remember how they were supposed to go live?

    Well now he wants to delay the release. Oh and he didn't bring up manslaughter or murder charges to the grand jury.
    But guuyyss!! It's bad to be angry about this, because the law is unbiased and unfeeling!!! You should stop being so emotional about this miscarriage of justice!!!

  8. #16428
    Legendary! Collegeguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    6,839

  9. #16429
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    snip
    where's the video about Police Unions and how they protect bad cops and how plenty of good cops can't do anything about the bad cops?
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

    "Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack." - Roger Stone (Trump's Friend, Ally, and Campaign Advisor)

  10. #16430
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    where's the video about Police Unions and how they protect bad cops and how plenty of good cops can't do anything about the bad cops?
    The Officer is right. People not from Portland coming in and destroying the city. It's the same thing that the Democrats are saying. The bad faith actors are not local to Portland, they're doing it because someone told them to do so. Hint; it's not ANTIFA. It's not the left.

    Ironic that the Daily Signal thinks they're unraveling some deep state conspiracy, when really they've just confirmed the same pattern as when Rittenhouse came into Kenosha. People NOT from the local areas coming in and creating chaos, and then blaming BLM.

  11. #16431
    Brewmaster Yadryonych's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Матушка Россия
    Posts
    1,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    The bad faith actors are not local to Portland, they're doing it because someone told them to do so. Hint; it's not ANTIFA. It's not the left.
    Ah, true. No true Scotsman antifa would burn and destroy things. If someone is doing so, he's simply not an antifa
    Lives matter

  12. #16432
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    https://www.npr.org/sections/live-up...jury-recording

    Remember how they were supposed to go live?

    Well now he wants to delay the release. Oh and he didn't bring up manslaughter or murder charges to the grand jury.
    This is why people are pissed, and it's why they don't trust law enforcement or cops. There was never any question as to whether these officers would be charged, because it was literally never even an option.

    The "few bad apples" lie is fucking done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  13. #16433
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    37,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Ah, true. No true Scotsman antifa would burn and destroy things. If someone is doing so, he's simply not an antifa
    Fbi says it’s right wing nationalists...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

  14. #16434
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Fbi says it’s right wing nationalists...
    You're arguing with a Russian guy who's perpetuating the leftist mob myth 24/7.

  15. #16435
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    55,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Ah, true. No true Scotsman antifa would burn and destroy things. If someone is doing so, he's simply not an antifa
    The concept of “no true nomad” is ludicrous...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  16. #16436
    https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2020...4061601571823/

    A federal judge on Thursday ordered a law enforcement commission established by President Donald Trump not to release their findings in a report because their meetings violated transparency laws.

    U.S. District Judge John Bates in the District of Columbia said the Presidential Commission on Law Enforcement and the Administration of Justice violates the Federal Advisory Committee Act because it didn't include "fairly balanced" perspectives. Also, he said, the commission held meetings in private without first notifying the public.
    In which, again, Republicans try to stack the deck to dishonestly support their arguments and a judge has to remind them that there are rules about intentional and explicit bad-faith governance.

  17. #16437
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,068
    Internal document shows Trump officials were told to make comments sympathetic to Kyle Rittenhouse

    Federal law enforcement officials were directed to make public comments sympathetic to Kyle Rittenhouse, the teenager charged with fatally shooting two protesters in Kenosha, Wisconsin, according to internal Department of Homeland Security talking points obtained by NBC News.

    In preparing Homeland Security officials for questions about Rittenhouse from the media, the document suggests that they note that he "took his rifle to the scene of the rioting to help defend small business owners."

    Another set of talking points distributed to Homeland Security officials said the media were incorrectly labeling the group Patriot Prayer as racists after clashes erupted between the group and protesters in Portland, Oregon.

    It is unclear whether any of the talking points originated at the White House or within Homeland Security's own press office.

    Four former Homeland Security officials
    "Oh who cares what some commie librul--

    two of whom worked for Republican administrations
    "Oh god dammit."

    said it was unusual for law enforcement officials to be instructed to weigh in on a case involving a particular group or individual before investigations had concluded.

    "It is as unprecedented as it is wrong," said Peter Boogaard, who was a spokesperson for Homeland Security during the Obama administration.

    "What strikes me about the talking points is that they didn't call for calm among the public,” said Elizabeth Neumann, who served as DHS's assistant secretary for threat prevention and security policy in the Trump administration. “Even in the early hours after the incident, it was known private militias had self-deployed. …They seemed more interested in Rittenhouse's reputation than calling for calm and actual law and order.”

    Neumann, who left the Trump administration in April, recently endorsed former Vice President Joe Biden for president.

    The document instructs officials, if they are asked about Rittenhouse, to say they are not going to comment on an ongoing investigation and to say that "what I will say is that Rittenhouse, just like everyone else in America, is innocent until proven guilty and deserves a fair trial based on all the facts, not just the ones that support a certain narrative. This is why we try the accused in the court of law, not the star chamber of public opinion."
    Bolded for blatant hypocrisy. Trump was caught telling a dozen lies during the debate, including some about Hunter Biden and some about ballots thrown into rivers. Saying "oh oh wait for the facts" is therefore hypocrisy of a level only Trump's supporters can demonstrate.

    By the way, it's also a stupid thing to say in this context: Rittenhouse has announced plans to sue Biden for slander/libel. Problem is, as @cubby will tell you (I hope), to successfully sue you have to prove they knew the information was false. Well, funny story, if he hasn't been to trial yet, we don't know he's innocent either, do we? Oh, he's presumed innocent, but that's not how this works.

  18. #16438
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/5dz7...-floyds-burial

    With hundreds of mourners planning to gather in Pearland, Texas, on June 9 for the burial of George Floyd, local and federal authorities braced for “rioting and looting” in the Houston suburb — and they were willing to use deadly force.

    As a horse-drawn carriage took Floyd’s body to its final resting place in Pearland’s Houston Memorial Gardens cemetery, planning records show that at least six “sniper teams” were in place on rooftops and authorized to open fire if the situation spiraled out of control. The records, labeled highly confidential, also state that an FBI surveillance aircraft was flown over the burial, and that “overwatch units” were sent to monitor the crowd for violent “agitators.”

    Pearland officials also welcomed a large contingent of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agents to the city, including dozens of members of the immigration agency’s militarized tactical unit. Known as BORTAC, it’s equipped with military-grade firepower and commando-style uniforms, and deploys to conflict zones “around the world,” according to the agency.

    With the burial occurring in the wake of nationwide protests that in some instances turned violent, city records show that law enforcement prepared for the worst-case scenario in Pearland. The records show local and federal officials were ready and willing to open fire, even as the nation was undergoing a reckoning over systemic racism and excessive use of force by police in the aftermath of Floyd’s death.

    The mayor of Houston took pains to emphasize the need for a more peaceful approach, announcing during his eulogy at Floyd’s funeral service that he would ban the use of chokeholds in the city. He also noted that Houston police officers are required to issue a verbal warning before shooting at anyone. In contrast, records show law enforcement in Pearland, about 20 miles south of Houston, had broad leeway to use deadly force during the burial proceedings.

    The “rules of engagement” outlined in the documents show that CBP’s tactical unit was “geared up ready to deploy” in response to “verbal aggressive language” by protesters, or the throwing of empty water bottles. If the situation escalated to full water bottles or bricks being thrown, agents were authorized to use “less lethal/gas munitions.” If faced with more aggressive behavior that the officers believed could cause them imminent harm, the documents make clear: “deadly force is authorized anytime.”
    What the fucking fuck.

  19. #16439
    The Insane Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    15,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You just don’t get it there gonna use his burial as the staging point to start there rebellion if not for the brave men and women ready to fucking snipe people at the drop of a hat they would have destroyed every thing!

    /S obvious.

    It takes a masssssive asshole to sigh off on this kind of thing or to take part in it.

  20. #16440
    Snipers and military force for a funeral. Good job, America. Good job.
    When you fully support violence in the streets because you're too comfy sat at home in another country behind your PC screen to actually do anything about things you claim to be against
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Violence/Arch-Angel of Riots/rmfAcc/Rochana View Post
    I admit I'm an absolute lunatic who is in favor of chaos, because I don't like what is currently going on - despite being in a privileged and elated position in this supposed state of "normalcy".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •