Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    I have most probably save more lives than all you combined (because I was once part of a law enforcement force), and I know what it requires to do the job right and it is not as simple as you all make it out to be.
    I've probably saved more lives FROM law enforcement types like you than you have saved.

But go on, continue to try and appeal to authority. I feel confident in the reasonableness and rationality of my argument: that being mentally ill, and having a knife should not mean your death at the hands of state actors who are supposedly trained to de-escalate, and "protect and serve."

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    I have most probably save more lives than all you combined (because I was once part of a law enforcement force), and I know what it requires to do the job right and it is not as simple as you all make it out to be.
    Uh huh... sure, buddy.

I'd like a number.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

As people talk about us living in a society that doesn’t have racism as a systemic problem it is good to remember.

A white ex con is more likely to be hired than a black person without a record. A white person why a high school diploma is likely to make more than a black person with a bachelors.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Before cops, a crazed armed man running amok. After cops, no one is threatening the neighbourhood anymore. Innocent people are saved
    How does running amok, threaten the neighborhood? Did I save innocent people by not drinking and driving? Give me a fucking medal...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I've probably saved more lives FROM law enforcement types like you than you have saved.

But go on, continue to try and appeal to authority. I feel confident in the reasonableness and rationality of my argument: that being mentally ill, and having a knife should not mean your death at the hands of state actors who are supposedly trained to de-escalate, and "protect and serve."
    That was a response to this:

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Speak for your self my dude... some of us have the demeanor and the cadence, to not project our fear onto others.
    In case that was obtuse... I was making the ol’... Super Heroes wearing masks... argument. Heroes don’t browbeat the public... heroes don’t brag about saving lives...

Pat Tillman: How One Man Raised The Bar For The Rest Of Us
    https://sportsnaut.com/pat-tillman-o...d-bar-rest-us/
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-10-28 at 11:54 PM.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    They did not have tasers and were not issued them due to budget apparently.
    Better defund the police am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Yep, fund social workers instead.

And before you start whining about social workers needing to subdue violent people; they do. Just like EMTs, nurses, and hospital staff all manage to without resorting to brutality or lethal force. It's solely police who act like fascist snowflakes when presented with even the barest hint of noncompliance.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

To be fair... if people are dying at the hands of police, what the fuck are we paying them for?
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

Absolutely, especially since it seems the funds they are getting aren't going towards basic nonlethal equipment and training.

But I'm betting you don't really know what "defund the police" really means anyway.

This threads always good for some laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Yep, fund social workers instead.

And before you start whining about social workers needing to subdue violent people; they do. Just like EMTs, nurses, and hospital staff all manage to without resorting to brutality or lethal force. It's solely police who act like fascist snowflakes when presented with even the barest hint of noncompliance.
    No they don’t. They usually call security or the police to subdue them having been around those situations before. Most hospitals have police officers in them, or at least security guards.

No they don’t. They usual call security or the police to subdue them having been around those situations before. Most hospitals have police officers in them, or at least security guards.
    Sweetheart, I work in a hospital. Lol.

You know what police do? They either stand there uselessly, or make a situation worse by aggravating it. It's the staff who are the ones restraining and de-escalating.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

You know what police do? They either stand there uselessly, or make a situation worse by aggravating it. It's the staff who are the ones restraining and de-escalating.
    I love watching someone own Trump supporters with facts. Thank you.

I whine about police because that's what the media told me to do.

Maybe in your hospital.

Maybe in your hospital.
    Spoken like someone who's never heard of an "orderly".

Maybe in your hospital.
    In most hospitals, actually. Yes, they have security, but they also have mental health professionals that respond to people, you know, having a mental health crisis.

When was the last time you spent any time in a hospital?

Yes, I mean who DOESN'T spend their free time in local hospitals studying the activities of their security? What'r you uninformed or something?

Maybe in your hospital.
    Yes. My hospital. One of the largest and perhaps best funded in the state of Washington which handled fifty thousand patient admissions a year prior to COVID hitting.

Where do you work, again?

Why wouldn't you chime in on a subject you know nothing about?

"HERP DERP WHO HAS TIME TO STUDY EVERYTHING ABOUT HOSPITALS?!"

I mean, seriously, if someone is going to say something phenomenally stupid and uninformed about a subject you can expect them to be schooled on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dormie View Post
    I whine about police because that's what the media told me to do.
    Thanks for taking the hood off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dormie View Post
    Yes, I mean who DOESN'T spend their free time in local hospitals studying the activities of their security? What'r you uninformed or something?
    If you don't know, you probably shouldn't be talking about it.