15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Geez, i'm talking to kindergarteners here. Men and women are physically different. Being a cop sometimes means you need to physically restrain a person. Naturally, men are better at this.
    Studies from Germany show that female police officers usually perform better on entrance tests and are a deescalating factor. The notion that cops have to be big and strong and have to be men because women can't be trained well enough to do the same is bullshit and holds only true in certain very specific situations for example where a large guy is compared to a small woman. Cops usually aren't alone though so that's rather irrelevant.

You want an example? Go watch some footage from the Oktoberfest police force and how they deal with large drunk germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Geez, i'm talking to kindergarteners here. Men and women are physically different. Being a cop sometimes means you need to physically restrain a person. Naturally, men are better at this.
    Still waiting on evidence from you to back up this naked sexism, dude. Your mother would be very disappointed to hear this.

His warrants were for an unregistered (not illegally bought) pistol, a pot civil fine which became a misdemeanor warrants when he failed to pay the ticket DURING A PANDEMIC, and a failure to appear on that warrant. Which is hilarious, because cops often don't notify you when a warrant is issued on you so you can take care of it.

And then, the traffic stop was initiated because he had air fresheners in his rearview, a surefire (in cops' minds) that you're trying to mask the scent of pot. I once worked for the Suffolk County (outside of Boston) DA office one semester in law school, a cop searched a car because he saw a box of QTips in the back seat, and "everyone knows" qtips are used to filter heroin when you're drawing a needle. And the search was deemed valid. Nevermind that they didn't find heroin, but instead some other dumb crime.

Another case of over-policing black folks leading directly to violent confrontations by police with black folks.

And it goes without saying, a far cry from @Krakan and his assertion that he was a criminal fleeing from a stolen car yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    And then, the traffic stop was initiated because he had air fresheners in his rearview, a surefire (in cops' minds) that you're trying to mask the scent of pot.
    It blows my mind that patently legal behavior like this is "justification" for a police search.

Like, dogs...maybe he's got some bad BO and doesn't want his passenger to suffer. Maybe there's mold and he's trying to mask the scent of it while the seats dry and shit.

That something as simple as, "You have an air freshener in your car." is grounds to search for weed or drugs, even if the suspect has prior weed charges, boggles my fucking mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Female cop & a resistant male. Classic situation that never goes well.

As a great comedian once said, "If you ever catch the eye of a female cop... hope you wore your bulletproof vest."
    If she deal with a suspect without the use of deadly force she is poorly trained, not fit for the job, or both What happens when she encounters someone on drugs, having a mental health crisis, or actually looking to harm LEOs?

And that's before we discuss how a professional operating a deadly weapon shouldn't be confusing a taser with a gun. Her negligence literally cost someone their life. People who caused someone to lose their live through completely accidental negligence have gotten more time than this professional who deliberately escalated a situation. She is obligated to know better.

People say 'black lives matter' because that man's life matters. Her mistake needs to be treated as if she took an actual life and all the seriousness that comes with it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Are they though?

I'd love to see big macho you vs a trained female cop, see who comes out on top. I'm certain you're the peak of human male fitness, and women just simply have no chance against you.
    As soon as I slip her girly grip i'd get tackled by a nearby male cop who's there to back her up and handle situations for real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    His warrants were for an unregistered (not illegally bought) pistol, a pot civil fine which became a misdemeanor warrants when he failed to pay the ticket DURING A PANDEMIC, and a failure to appear on that warrant. Which is hilarious, because cops often don't notify you when a warrant is issued on you so you can take care of it.

And then, the traffic stop was initiated because he had air fresheners in his rearview, a surefire (in cops' minds) that you're trying to mask the scent of pot. I once worked for the Suffolk County (outside of Boston) DA office one semester in law school, a cop searched a car because he saw a box of QTips in the back seat, and "everyone knows" qtips are used to filter heroin when you're drawing a needle. And the search was deemed valid. Nevermind that they didn't find heroin, but instead some other dumb crime.

Another case of over-policing black folks leading directly to violent confrontations by police with black folks.

And it goes without saying, a far cry from @Krakan and his assertion that he was a criminal fleeing from a stolen car yesterday.
    So this 'highly dangerous criminal roaming the street with warrants' amount to a bunch a small shit that would likely be thrown out or handled without any actual jail time?

Shit that a white middle class kid could laugh about even if pulled over an a cop ran his ID.

10+ Year Old Account
    As soon as I slip her girly grip i'd get tackled by a nearby male cop who's there to back her up and handle situations for real.
    I find it sad that their are people who truly believe stuff like this...

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I've never, ever been in a car that didn't have an air freshener in it. Never have drugs been the reason for it being there.

Is this a US-specific thing? They're like the most common thing to have in a car over here lol Who doesn't want their vehicle to smell nice?
    They're not uncommon. Especially among people who spend a lot of time in their vehicles or have physical jobs where they sweat a lot and then have to go somewhere (truck drivers, construction, etc). But like I said, the justifications for stopping people in the U.S. have been long regarded as waaaaaaaaaay overly broad because we, in the legal sense, put a lot of value on the judgment of cops (when we obviously shouldn't).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinstorm View Post
    I find it sad that their are people who truly believe stuff like this...
    lol

-snip- don't post graphic videos directly in the thread.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-04-12 at 11:15 PM.

lol
    Yo, where your data at, bro? I can link you probably a half dozen male cops failing at their jobs miserably for every link of a female cop failing at her job miserably.

Almost like the issue isn't gender, as much as you may want to justify your apparently misogynistic view of women as less than men, and more that too many cops in the US just fuckin suck ass at their jobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reality is sexist. Female cops do a worse job than male cops. New examples daily.
    This is just a variant on the law of the instrument: "When all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail."

Except in this situation, it's more like "When you view every problem as a nail, then the only tool you think you need is a hammer."

What you're demonstrating here is cognitive bias, and it's just plain wrong.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Time to increase that time. 6 months clearly isn't cutting it.

That said, it's probably also a good idea to review the training they actually go through. If the training itself is garbage, no length of time spent training will matter.
    @cubby
    https://www.insider.com/some-police-...lumbing-2020-6

It is worse than that. Some police academies only require as little as 672 hours of training to become a cop. Which is 28 days. Becoming a fucking barber takes 1300 hours to get certified to even cut fucking hair. It takes 5 years of "apprenticeship" and going to trade school to get a license to be a fucking plumber.

2 States, Alaska and Minnesota and DC, require 1000 hours to become a cop, but then you have Tennessee, South Carolina and Nevada, it only takes 480 hours to become a cop.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol

-snip- don't post graphic videos directly in the thread.
    Ok... looking at the title of the video... I'm guessing this is a female cop who tries to take someone into custody and she is overpowered/makes a mistake and accidentally shoots an innocent bystander as a result.... and your blaming her gender for how this played out.

................Ok maybe I'm just a big idiot... Can someone enlighten me on how 1 case of a female cop failing to arrest someone properly means all women cops are terrible and should never be cops? Do Men cops never fail and there are never any videos similar to this one where it is a man?

Edit: Just finished the video... yep I was right this showcased a Female cop Failing to take down a male suspect, Shooting suspect mother by mistake in the struggle and the situation only managed to regain control once another (male) cop showed up (and from the look of it the 2nd cop seems more experienced). My questions still stand and I would love the answers to them...
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-04-12 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Finshed watching

So, it's purely just a judgement call on behalf of the officer in question? Literally just "oh, air freshener. You know what that means!"?

Seems like a very clear issue in how that officer operates. Learned behaviour? Or just biases?
    Well, yes. There's something called "good faith" (in the legal lexicon) which all cops (being instruments of the law and the justice system) are assumed to have. If you, in good faith, believe something may be related to the commission of a crime, everything from that good faith belief is justifiable. Even if you're absolutely and utterly wrong, and end up shooting a completely innocent person, as long as you believed in what you were doing.

Of course, it's near impossible to prove the bad faith mentality of cops, and bias has never been considered bad faith. And good faith practices are constantly expanded on by criminal court judges, who all tend to be former prosecutors, IE people who worked hand in hand with the cops in their legal careers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never, ever been in a car that didn't have an air freshener in it. Never have drugs been the reason for it being there.

Is this a US-specific thing? They're like the most common thing to have in a car over here lol Who doesn't want their vehicle to smell nice?
    Notice he mentioned the over policing of black people. There's no reason to call a air freshener suspicious unless you are suspicious until you are a cop fishing for excuses to pin something on someone. Just to issue a citation because it's profitable.

As has been repeatedly quoted in the Chauvin trial, third-degree murder in Minnesota is:
    "Whoever, without intent…causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life…"
    Seems appropriate for this one as well.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    lol

/snip [stupid fucking video that misses the ENTIRE point of the conversation]
    You don't have to keep posting to confirm that you'll never understand. You've already established you don't know what you're talking about. We got it.

Being male or female has nothing to do with the quality of job performance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinstorm View Post
    Ok... looking at the title of the video... I'm guessing this is a female cop who tries to take someone into custody and she is overpowered/makes a mistake and accidentally shoots an innocent bystander as a result.... and your blaming her gender for how this played out.

................Ok maybe I'm just a big idiot... Can someone enlighten me on how 1 case of a female cop failing to arrest someone properly means all women cops are terrible and should never be cops? Do Men cops never fail and there are never any videos similar to this one where it is a man?
    Avg man is bigger than the avg woman. That matters a lot when it comes to takedowns. You don't want to risk lives for the sake of equality. The fact that professional fighters are still separated into weight classes should set you on the path to enlightenment.

Avg man is bigger than the avg woman. That matters a lot when it comes to takedowns. You don't want to risk lives for the sake of equality. The fact that professional fighters are still separated into weight classes should set you on the path to enlightenment.
    Man, this is just bringing out all the greatest hits of, "I'm not a sexist...BUT..."