1. #17481
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    I find troubling that the Police Officers would take that risk because everyone can be armed and they have the right to shoot intruder, as you said. So why the risk ?

    And was it a no knock warrant ?
    You've been told this a dozen times in this thread already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

  2. #17482
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Again, are the ones that raided the ones that got the warrant ? Or was it someone else and they just executed orders ?
    Oh you're right. The people in the apartment should have first asked the people breaking down the door if they were police.......and then asked if they had a warrant......and then asked if they were the specific cops that got the bad warrant.....

    All you've done, is argue that innocent civilians should be held to higher standards and stronger rules and laws than the police.

    That is not just stupid and unAmerican, but literally facist.

  3. #17483
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    65,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    So it was one of the raider, the one that got the warrant ?
    To make this point clear;

    That there are more people who share in the wrongdoing that led to this death does not in any way whatsoever reduce the culpability of the officer who shot Taylor and killed her.

    Your argument here is like arguing that the hitman who killed a target for his boss shouldn't be blamed, because his boss is the one who ordered the hit. Inevitably followed up, of course, by arguing that the mob boss can't be blamed, because he wasn't physically there. It's not a valid defense. In the real world, legal culpability for acts like this can be freely expanded to cover everyone involved, and doing so does not reduce the culpability of any single individual under that umbrella, just because it's being shared.

  4. #17484
    I am Murloc! Noxx79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Kansas. Yes, THAT Kansas.
    Posts
    5,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    I do not give a fuck about what you think if that makes you feel any better, that's for sure.
    Awesome. Glad you admit you’re a troll.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Well, they did not see Breonna Taylor or did they ? If they did not, can we say they intended to kill her, as per your reasoning ?
    When you fire blindly into an apartment, the intent is to kill whoever is the way of the bullets. Not caring about collateral damage is intent to kill.

    If I shut my eyes and drive down the sidewalk, I’m guilty of murdering everyone I hit.

    Goddamn you’re dense, or willfully idiotic.

    Stop sea lioning, troll.

  5. #17485
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    I find troubling that the Police Officers would take that risk because everyone can be armed and they have the right to shoot intruder, as you said. So why the risk ?

    And was it a no knock warrant ?
    I asked YOU why the risk of breaking in unnanounced.

    Yes, it was a no knock warrant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Not from this country but lecturing people from this country. Why is your opinion worth more than the trace amounts of dog shit on my trainers?
    Lecturing by itself is not wrong and it does not matter if someone is from a different country. Most people should be aware by this point that the USA is seen as a joke regarding obsession with guns/gun laws and for a reason.
    Before you go REEEEEE let me note that I am not exactly supporting his way of lecturing, in case you can't tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  6. #17486
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    37,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I asked YOU why the risk of breaking in unnanounced.

    Yes, it was a no knock warrant.



    Lecturing by itself is not wrong and it does not matter if someone is from a different country. Most people should be aware by this point that the USA is seen as a joke regarding obsession with guns/gun laws and for a reason.
    Before you go REEEEEE let me note that I am not exactly supporting his way of lecturing, in case you can't tell.
    It becomes an issue when they ignore literally everything people from the country are saying about the police structure in the country.

    White Americans are tone-deaf to this issue enough already let alone some semi-racist European.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

  7. #17487
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    I find troubling that the Police Officers would take that risk because everyone can be armed and they have the right to shoot intruder, as you said. So why the risk ?

    And was it a no knock warrant ?
    If you don't know this shit, you should probably look it up before you make a fool of yourself.

  8. #17488
    The Insane Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    19,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Words are a tricky thing I admit. Try reading mine rather then trying to pass off yours.

    The issue is genuine I've seen some rather disturbing videos of cops doing horrendous things from shooting a man who surrendered to having the audacity to plant a taser on a body of a person they wrongfully shot.

    The problem with these riots and yes they are riots is none of these cases are these. Yes the message they trying to forward is a valid one but they hitch their carts to the worst possible examples for it.
    No the issue is you think minor crimes deserve death as a punishment. While the rest of us say we have a legal system for a purpose.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  9. #17489
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

  10. #17490
    At least, they did not shot him.

    Joke aside, even "if" he rebelled, he should have not ended up in that state. Those Police Officers should be sanctioned then cast off the "Police Nationale".

  11. #17491
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    At least, they did not shot him.

    Joke aside, even "if" he rebelled, he should have not ended up in that state. Those Police Officers should be sanctioned then cast off the "Police Nationale".
    they are suspended in fact and macron even said that france cant accept this police conduct (or something like this, im translating from france->italian->english).
    but this in a situation where, from my understanding, macron's government is trying to push some shaddy law against the diffusion of photo and video of french policemen
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

  12. #17492
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    they are suspended in fact and macron even said that france cant accept this police conduct (or something like this, im translating from france->italian->english).
    but this in a situation where, from my understanding, macron's government is trying to push some shaddy law against the diffusion of photo and video of french policemen
    That law, in fact the "article 24" of that law, states that you can't post video of Police Officers if we can see their face (so they can't be recognized by any shaddy individual). Though you can still post that video if you blur their faces.

    It is a gross sum up, the issue is far more complex than that.

  13. #17493
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    65,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    That law, in fact the "article 24" of that law, states that you can't post video of Police Officers if we can see their face (so they can't be recognized by any shaddy individual). Though you can still post that video if you blur their faces.

    It is a gross sum up, the issue is far more complex than that.
    They're in public service. In public spaces. Doing official work. They shouldn't have any expectations of privacy.

    I assume they have to identify themselves to members of the public, and have their names and badge numbers on their uniforms. How is their face any different?

  14. #17494
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They're in public service. In public spaces. Doing official work. They shouldn't have any expectations of privacy.

    I assume they have to identify themselves to members of the public, and have their names and badge numbers on their uniforms. How is their face any different?
    Because a Police Officer face can be recognized, thus his family becoming a target.

    Obviously, any Police Officer should always have his badge and "ID number" on him (though it is unfortunately non mandatory) and they should have body cam as well always running (they are becoming more and more mandatory).

  15. #17495
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    65,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Because a Police Officer face can be recognized, thus his family becoming a target.
    Names and such can be recognized, too.

    I do not see why police officers should ever expect anonymity on the job. It runs directly counter to their civic responsibilities.

  16. #17496
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Names and such can be recognized, too.

    I do not see why police officers should ever expect anonymity on the job. It runs directly counter to their civic responsibilities.
    Police Officers do not wear badge with their name but with an ID number which can't be recognized.

    So you do not mind putting innocents at risk ?

  17. #17497
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    65,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Police Officers do not wear badge with their name but with an ID number which can't be recognized.
    I've literally never had an interaction with an officer where they refused to give me their name. Nor do I see any grounds under which they shouldn't be obliged to give out their name, rank, and ID number when asked by a citizen.

    So you do not mind putting innocents at risk ?
    Stuff that noise. A police officer identifying themselves puts no one innocent at risk. It doesn't even put the officer at risk. The only reason to fear giving out that information is if you're engaging in unlawful conduct as an officer and don't want to have it reported to your superiors.

    The only real exception to this is undercover work with organized crime, where the officer both has a false identity they're supporting, and the people they're undercover with are dangerous enough to warrant such considerations.

    If you're just engaging in normal beat cop stuff, managing protestors or conducting normal arrests or the like? You have no need for anonymity. You, and your family, are already protected from unlawful persecution.

  18. #17498
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I've literally never had an interaction with an officer where they refused to give me their name. Nor do I see any grounds under which they shouldn't be obliged to give out their name, rank, and ID number when asked by a citizen.



    Stuff that noise. A police officer identifying themselves puts no one innocent at risk. It doesn't even put the officer at risk. The only reason to fear giving out that information is if you're engaging in unlawful conduct as an officer and don't want to have it reported to your superiors.

    The only real exception to this is undercover work with organized crime, where the officer both has a false identity they're supporting, and the people they're undercover with are dangerous enough to warrant such considerations.

    If you're just engaging in normal beat cop stuff, managing protestors or conducting normal arrests or the like? You have no need for anonymity. You, and your family, are already protected from unlawful persecution.
    A Police Officer should refuse to give his name to any citizen but should give his ID when asked, simple as that.

    And as I guess, you do not care about what can happen to families of Police Officers. Even if the Police Officer did some unlawful action, and is properly reported, he will (depending of his actions): lose his job and do prison time. That is punishment enough. You do not need to put his family in danger.

    Same if he did lawful action, and some people are trying to get revenge on him.

  19. #17499
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    65,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    A Police Officer should refuse to give his name to any citizen but should give his ID when asked, simple as that.
    That's . . . the same thing.

    And as I guess, you do not care about what can happen to families of Police Officers.
    I said stuff that noise.

    This is you being baity, dishonest, and abusively misrepresenting my points. I'm not giving it further consideration until you start playing fair.

  20. #17500
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    37,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    A Police Officer should refuse to give his name to any citizen but should give his ID when asked, simple as that.

    And as I guess, you do not care about what can happen to families of Police Officers. Even if the Police Officer did some unlawful action, and is properly reported, he will (depending of his actions): lose his job and do prison time. That is punishment enough. You do not need to put his family in danger.

    Same if he did lawful action, and some people are trying to get revenge on him.
    You are aware they are public workers and their names and salary information is often available online because they are public workers who serve the public

    the problem is that doesn't happen... it's as though you have no fucking clue what thread you're in. Is this like the affliction of clueless kind of racist Europeans?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •