1. #17921
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    66,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    A police officer countering an " anti-police " movement.

    Where does the racism come into play?
    BLM is not an "anti-police" movement.

    Arguing that it is, that's where the racism comes into play.

    Imagine thinking that asking for black people's lives to be treated as just as important as anyone else's is somehow an "anti-police" sentiment.

  2. #17922
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    A police officer countering an " anti-police " movement.

    Where does the racism come into play?
    Sorry that you think that black people are anti-police because they are tired of being murdered by the fucking cops.

  3. #17923
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    I always thought the kneeling was a sort of symbolic gesture, like a demented counter to the Kaepernick protest.
    Why would he counter kneeling, by killing a dude? You do know that when someone is knighted, the sword being rested in their shoulder is a symbol of trust... not getting your head chopped off... Turning kneeling into an affront, is already a perversion of said gesture. Literally... check the dictionary...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Where does the racism come into play?
    Explain to me how killing Floyd, was a demented counter to kneeling. What about Floyd, would make killing him, a counter to an unrelated athlete?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Arguing that it is, that's where the racism comes into play.
    Uhm... Floyd wasn’t BLM nor an NFL player protestesting, as far as I’m aware... Race is the only reason to claim it was any sort of retaliation... he asserted that a cop killed a black man, in retaliation to Kapernick kneeling... then defined that as BLM... then asks what part of that was racist. :/

    Edit: Why do people need to say black lives Mater? Because, there are people around, that don’t think it’s racist, to kill a black man... because another black man chose to protest police brutality...
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-04-03 at 04:40 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  4. #17924
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    66,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Explain to me how killing Floyd, was a demented counter to kneeling. What about Floyd, would make killing him, a counter to an unrelated athlete?
    I think the argument is that Chauvin was basically thinking "heh, you black folks like kneeling, huh? How you like THIS kneeling, fucko!?"

    Frankly, I don't think Chauvin's smart enough for that. He's kind of got a "loaf of bread fresh out of the microwave" look about him.

    Uhm... Floyd wasn’t BLM, as far as I’m aware... Race is the only reason to claim it was any sort of retaliation... he asserted that a cop killed a clack man, in retaliation to BLM... then asks what part of that was racist. :/
    I was speaking entirely about Bryntrollian's argument, not about Floyd and Chauvin specifically.

    Just making the point that BLM is not "anti-police", and the idea that it is boils down directly to "racism".

  5. #17925
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I think the argument is that Chauvin was basically thinking "heh, you black folks like kneeling, huh? How you like THIS kneeling, fucko!?"
    That would make his initial reason race... making this, ludicrous:

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Where does the racism come into play?
    Frankly, I don't think Chauvin's smart enough for that. He's kind of got a "loaf of bread fresh out of the microwave" look about him.
    They do have a way out to claim he wasn’t racist... the fucker pulled a woman out of a car window and then groped her, for speeding. The problem is that this is blind regurgitation of rhetoric. There is no reason to defend this guy, outside the fact that him being racist, needs to be defended. Him being a shit cop, with a history of violence against all races, doesn’t fulfill the need to make racism acceptable...

    You will never hear this argument from his supporters, because it’s not his innocence of racism being defended, but the racism it self.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  6. #17926
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I think the argument is that Chauvin was basically thinking "heh, you black folks like kneeling, huh? How you like THIS kneeling, fucko!?"
    That was my thought process when I wrote the comment; it wasn't an argument at all, only my opinion on the method Chauvin used in killing Floyd.

    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Not surprising, pushing this bullshit racist rhetoric.
    Definitely don't see how it amounts to " racist rhetoric "

    Just making the point that BLM is not "anti-police", and the idea that it is boils down directly to "racism".
    " Anti-police" was specifically written in quotations because it seems to be a common sentiment among law enforcement personnel in regards to BLM or any anti-police brutality protests/movements.

    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Explain to me how killing Floyd, was a demented counter to kneeling. What about Floyd, would make killing him, a counter to an unrelated athlete?
    demented adjective

    de·​ment·​ed | \ di-ˈmen-təd \
    Definition of demented
    1: MAD, INSANE
    Last edited by Bryntrollian; 2021-04-03 at 05:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Even black people who don't LOOK like thugs, are still most definitely thugs.

  7. #17927
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Definition of demented
    Yes, but why would you think it’s revenge? For what? I understand that you also think it’s demented version of revenge, I simply don’t understand how it’s related at all. I don’t understand how it could be revenge for an athlete protesting racial injustice and not be about race... that doesn’t make any sense... what about Floyd, made you think it could revenge for Kapernick kneeling, even if demented?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  8. #17928
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, but why would you think it’s revenge? For what? I understand that you also think it’s demented version of revenge, I simply don’t understand how it’s related at all. I don’t understand how it could be revenge for an athlete protesting racial injustice and not be about race... that doesn’t make any sense... what about Floyd, made you think it could revenge for Kapernick kneeling, even if demented?
    I think you're greatly overthinking an off-hand comment that seemed unlikely to me to be entirely serious.

  9. #17929
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,139
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I think you're greatly overthinking an off-hand comment that seemed unlikely to me to be entirely serious.
    Then can you explain this follow up?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Where does the racism come into play?
    If it’s not about race... what does this have to do with Krapernic?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  10. #17930
    Warchief
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dual US/Canada
    Posts
    2,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    A police officer countering an " anti-police " movement.

    Where does the racism come into play?
    Considering "It's wrong to murder black people with impunity" to be 'anti-police' is tacit acceptance of the idea that one of the goals of the police is to murder black people with impunity.

    In a sane society, murder being a bad thing should be a pro-police position. The police should be the standard bearers for the "Don't murder people!" movement, and the fact that they're on the other side of the discussion on that particular topic is the problem in the first place.

  11. #17931
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Then can you explain this follow up?
    Literally a reply to the following comment and not related to the situation overall.
    Not surprising, pushing this bullshit racist rhetoric.
    What part of my initial post was equivalent to " racist rhetoric "?
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Even black people who don't LOOK like thugs, are still most definitely thugs.

  12. #17932
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    BLM is not an "anti-police" movement.

    Arguing that it is, that's where the racism comes into play.
    When you see protesters with signs saying things like ACAB, a sentiment frequently expressed in here, it seems a bit much to claim only racist thought would lead to an anti-police conclusion.

    Yes, this doesn't represent all BLM protesters. And no, I don't think they are inherently anti-police as a whole, I don't think the point is to punish the police, but to improve them. And no, I am not saying that anyone who thinks they are can't be racist, clearly some portion will be. However if you claim that someone thinking BLM is anti-police can only be explained by racism (apologies if I am misreading your post, but it seems to me like you are waving such a claim away as racist in nature, so I think this is a fair claim to make about your belief) then I think that is just bad (I would say radicalised) thinking.

    Someone who has had a very limited exposure to BLM protests could easily take that opinion about the movement. Ignorance about the movement is not the same as being racist, if you think it is then I don't know what to say to that other than its the speech of a zealot. Not everyone is paying as much attention as you are, and whilst I suspect you probably do think this makes them racist (based on your post history and eagerness to label things racist), I sincerely hope you don't. Yes, racists will try to write them off as anti-cop so they don't need to engage with any of their ideas and claims. However there are other routes to that view that don't require racism. Your thinking is black and white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post


    Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

  13. #17933
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    What part of my initial post was equivalent to " racist rhetoric "?
    Can you explain to me, what Floyd had to do with Kaperkick, to be killed in retaliation? What was the demented thought that lead to the murder, if not his race?

    The part that makes you fail at answering that question, the 3 times I have asked now, is the racist rhetoric. That thing you are afraid to put to print, that is the racist rhetoric part. The none racist version of what you said, would simply be... Kap was right...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    When you see protesters with signs saying things like ACAB, a sentiment frequently expressed in here, it seems a bit much to claim only racist thought would lead to an anti-police conclusion.
    What do the cops think when 80 of them are significantly injured and one is murdered, by people carrying Blue Lives Mater flags? Which do you think cops prefer, the Blue Lives Matter folks maiming and killing them, or defund the police leading to this:

    It’s working in Eugene, Olympia, Denver: More cities are sending civilian responders, not police, on mental health calls
    https://eu.usatoday.com/in-depth/new...se/6819744002/

    Killed and maimed by Blue Lives Mater or not having to deal with people having a mental crisis by those funding civilian responders, instead of cops having to do a job they were never trained to do.

    Edit: Just a reminder... when cops are questioned on why they are so gun happy... it’s not because they fear BLM or ACAB... they almost always say, they fear gun owners.
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-04-05 at 01:33 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  14. #17934
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/05/us/de...y-6/index.html

    Add "Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arranondo" to the list of current and former law enforcement testifying against Chauvin. I honestly don't think I've ever seen the Blue Wall of Silence absolutely demolished this way in a case against a cop before. Like, this is astounding.

    Now we just have to hope their words reach the jury, because after all of this testimony if all three get off the hook, especially Chauvin, there are going to be massive protests and likely some civil disorder.

    And it'd be god-damned justified, even based off the testimony I've caught here and there over this past week. I haven't even been following the damn case too closely.

  15. #17935
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/05/us/de...y-6/index.html

    Add "Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arranondo" to the list of current and former law enforcement testifying against Chauvin. I honestly don't think I've ever seen the Blue Wall of Silence absolutely demolished this way in a case against a cop before. Like, this is astounding.

    Now we just have to hope their words reach the jury, because after all of this testimony if all three get off the hook, especially Chauvin, there are going to be massive protests and likely some civil disorder.

    And it'd be god-damned justified, even based off the testimony I've caught here and there over this past week. I haven't even been following the damn case too closely.
    I will not be surprised if he does get off, even in spite of all the evidence, all of the witnesses, and all of the testimony.

  16. #17936
    It must be lovely for the woman Saint Floyd robbed & traumatized for life having to see him deified through murals, portraits and that trashy-ass golden casket every day.

  17. #17937
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    It must be lovely for the woman Saint Floyd robbed & traumatized for life having to see him deified through murals, portraits and that trashy-ass golden casket every day.
    What was Chovin’s punishment for dragging a woman out a car window and then groping her, for a speeding ticket? What if he were kicked off the force then, instead of being scuttled? Why do you want cops who kill people and grope women, to not be punished? You planning to be a cop or something?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  18. #17938
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    It must be lovely for the woman Saint Floyd robbed & traumatized for life having to see him deified through murals, portraits and that trashy-ass golden casket every day.
    Even scumbags have rights.

    It must be lovely for people to think that cops murdering people is acceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  19. #17939
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It must be lovely for people to think that cops murdering people is acceptable.
    They make good cops look bad, by pretending this is normal. Which shouldn’t be a surprise... killing a cop while carrying a Blue Lives Mater flag and all... like I said earlier. They are not defending the cop’s actions, they are defending racism it self.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  20. #17940
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    66,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    It must be lovely for the woman Saint Floyd robbed & traumatized for life having to see him deified through murals, portraits and that trashy-ass golden casket every day.
    He allegedly used a $20 counterfeit bill to pay at the store when buying cigarettes.

    That was it. Not "robbed", no "traumatizing" of the clerk.

    Even if the bill was counterfeit, it's quite likely that Floyd was unaware himself that it was a fake. That's how counterfeiting works; the fakes can often pass pretty serious scrutiny.

    Edit: And y'know, we don't even need to play games about this. We can listen to the guy's words, from his own mouth.

    https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/News/vide...guilt-76831575

    What's "traumatized" him in this was Chauvin's abusive conduct. In his own words, Floyd seemed "friendly" and "approachable".

    So stuff your nonsense apologism. You're lying about the facts, to push an agenda.

    What he learned out of all this is he shouldn't have called the cops, in the first place.
    Last edited by Endus; 2021-04-06 at 02:17 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •