Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Maybe gain some knowledge rather than trying to be insulting with the condescending name calling.

He was too close to use a taser. I bet you didn't even know that or understand how a taser works.

The effective range of a taser is 10-20 feet. She was literally standing NEXT TO HIM when she had the knife and he had to make the decision to pull the gun.

There is also the fact that tasers are usually only 60% effective.

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/27/72992...-than-believed

The problem is too many people here are blinded by emotion and rage and are not thinking logically.

This is absolutely insanity.

We can sit here with the woulda-coulda-shoulda all day but at the end of the day, someone had a knife in close proximity and was attempting to kill someone else. The choice here is clear cut.
    If a bystander with a gun shot her, media literally would be portraying said bystander a hero who saved two lives.

Regular ordinary patrolling cops in America shouldn't have guns. Just tasers. CMV

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Which can be done nonlethally. Law enforcement outside of America seem to grasp this concept, so why can't you and the pigs here get it?

Again: discharging a firearm into a melee when you are only wanting to hit one of the targets is irresponsible firearm use whether it's a cop or a civilian. That's the simple fact of the matter.

Gun owners are taught to aim for the center of mass for a reason, sweetheart. I'm sorry your firearm instructor was a dumbass.
    End of the day.

Did the girl in pink get shot? Did she get stabbed? Did the person attempting murder successfully murder the girl in pink?

Seems the cops made this situation better and prevented a murder.

Case closed. Have fun whining about this for eternity when the shooting comes back justified.

Be outraged all you want that a 16-year old girl is dead. It sucks. But why the hell does a 16-year old have a giant knife that is easily visible on a crappy security camera from across a street?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    she was murdering someone, she is an animal.
    People with your mindset have no business commenting on what responsible law enforcement looks like, tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    she was murdering someone, she is an animal. lmfao she is not a victim in any way shape or form. she is a criminal that needed to be put down to save life.
    So we can safely discard any opinion you might have on the subject.

Anyone who'll dehumanize another human being like this has nothing worthwhile to contribute; you are biased beyond belief. To the same degree as a KKK member or literal Nazi would be in a discussion on racial injustices.

And this is coming from someone who agreed that the shooting was legally justifiable in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Someone got murdered?
    Nope, nobody got murdered. A suspect was killed but nobody got murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Regular ordinary patrolling cops in America shouldn't have guns. Just tasers. CMV
    So they have to run away like everyone else in active shooter situations?

10+ Year Old Account
    End of the day.
    At the end of the day, a civilian was executed by the state without investigation or trial without any attempt to deescalate or halt the situation nonlethally.

But why the hell does a 16-year old have a giant knife that is easily visible on a crappy security camera from across a street?
    Man it's almost as if the police are not supposed to be walking the streets "dispensing justice" but should be deescalating the situation until an investigation can take place as to why this happened so the actually responsible party can be held accountable rather than some Punisher-esque bullshit.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    So we can safely discard any opinion you might have on the subject.

Anyone who'll dehumanize another human being like this has nothing worthwhile to contribute; you are biased beyond belief. To the same degree as a KKK member or literal Nazi would be in a discussion on racial injustices.
    Idk Endus being biased against murderers sounds extremely healthy

She's still human. She was emotional. It's a tragedy she was killed. The shooting was still justified.

I mean, at least you're making your blatant dehumanization obvious.

Also, I'm not sure the exact standards in the state but it seemed a lot more like assault with a deadly weapon since like, you know, nobody was actually being murdered.

It's weird how cool folks are with cops acting as judge, jury, and executioner, especially when it comes to activities that don't have a death penalty in the legal code.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    If a bystander with a gun shot her, media literally would be portraying said bystander a hero who saved two lives.
    Doubtful, but I have a question -

Are bystanders law enforcement officers ostensibly trained to handle these kinds of situations without instantly resorting to lethal force?

- - - Updated - - -

Did the girl in pink get shot?
    Not this time, but do you want me to start digging up examples of cops discharging their weapons recklessly and injuring/killing innocent bystanders?

At the end of the day, a civilian was executed by the state without investigation or trial.
    Nobody was executed.

Man it's almost as if the police are not supposed to be walking the streets "dispensing justice" but should be deescalating the situation until an investigation can take place as to why this happened so the actually responsible party can be held accountable rather than some Punisher-esque bullshit.
    You clearly didn't watch the security cam footage or body cam footage.

He had less than 3 seconds and gave her commands to stop TWICE.

Nope, nobody got murdered. A suspect was killed but nobody got murdered.
    Cool, so there wasn't a murder taking place. Glad we cleared that up.

Not this time, but do you want me to start digging up examples of cops discharging their weapons recklessly and injuring/killing innocent bystanders?
    Do you want me to dig up all the times tazers have failed to work? There are lots of them because they fail upwards of 40% of the time. Two can play this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool, so there wasn't a murder taking place. Glad we cleared that up.
    Attempted murder took place. Why is this so difficult to understand?

Do you want me to dig up all the times tazers have failed to work? There are lots of them because they fail upwards of 40% of the time. Two can play this game.
    Cool, so taser doesn't work and there's another office there with his service weapon (there were two responding officers) as a backup. It's not like once the taser fails there's literally nothing the cops can do and they just have to hang their heads and walk back to their patrol car.

I mean, at least you're making your blatant dehumanization obvious.

Also, I'm not sure the exact standards in the state but it seemed a lot more like assault with a deadly weapon since like, you know, nobody was actually being murdered.

It's weird how cool folks are with cops acting as judge, jury, and executioner, especially when it comes to activities that don't have a death penalty in the legal code.

- - - Updated - - -

Doubtful, but I have a question -

Are bystanders law enforcement officers ostensibly trained to handle these kinds of situations without instantly resorting to lethal force?
    My definition and use of the word bystander implies they are not law enforcement officers of any kind.
    I don't believe cops gamble with the maybe/maybe nots of their situation with only a few seconds of reaction time. Cops have parasympathetic nervous systems too. His quick reactions could have saved lives, maybe not at all. That's a risk I want to hope cops don't have to think twice about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody was executed.
    An agent of the state empowered to end people's lives doing so is an execution, sweaty.

You clearly didn't watch the security cam footage or body cam footage.

He had less than 3 seconds and gave her commands to stop TWICE.
    They had time to draw their firearm but didn't have time to draw a tazer.

Sure, Jan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk Endus being biased against murderers sounds extremely healthy
    I fully agree she needed to be stopped, and should have faced legal charges for her actions.

That doesn't mean I think she's an animal who needs to be put down. And particularly not by officers, who have no capacity or training to act as judge, jury, and executioner over their fellow citizens. They aren't Judges out of a Judge Dredd comic. And that comic was a satire criticizing authoritarian dickmongery like this, in the first place, so it's pretty telling about those who think Dredd's a figure to look up to.

An officer is not entitled to pass sentence. Their job is just to protect the peace and serve their fellow citizens. They can not decide that a citizen is "worth killing because they're a murderer". Any officer who believes that shit needs to be fired before they murder someone, like Chauvin did.

Cool, so taser doesn't work and there's another office there with his service weapon (there were two responding officers) as a backup. It's not like once the taser fails there's literally nothing the cops can do and they just have to hang their heads and walk back to their patrol car.
    Taser fails to fire, the girl in pink gets stabbed.

This happened in 3 seconds. Why are you being willfully ignorant? Did you not watch the footage? How about you gain all the fact and understanding before you come and emotionally argue this specific situation?

10+ Year Old Account
    My definition and use of the word bystander implies they are not law enforcement officers of any kind.
    I don't believe cops gamble with the maybe/maybe nots of their situation with only a few seconds of reaction time. Cops have parasympathetic nervous systems too.
    That's what training is for. And if they don't cut it under pressure, they shouldn't be cops.

Y'all really have an opposition to competence in your public servants, huh? Starting to see why American government is the way it is.