1. #17961
    Nothing really to add here except to say that Crowder is a cunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post


    Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

  2. #17962
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    The "best" part of Crowder's video was him easily moving his neck at the beginning, to make himself more comfortable. Gee, I wonder why Floyd didn't do that - such a simple thing would have kept him alive. Oh wait, maybe it's because the other guy was gently kneeling on his shoulders instead of crushing his neck.

    I mean, at least other youtube assholes simply lie through words, instead of creating a completely fake video "proof". Next time, Crowder should have asked someone who actually dislikes him to perform this "test" - I'm sure the results would be a lot more believable. After all, what's there to fear? As long as he doesn't take drugs beforehand, he should be completely fine.
    He was complaining about being silenced by big tech just days ago... It’s amazing what being silenced looks like now a day.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  3. #17963
    I do have to say I'm kind of amazed at the number of LEOs testifying against Chauvin on this one. Usually any semblance of police brutality is met with a wall of silence from the rest of the force. I'm not so naive as to think they suddenly grew a conscience. I think this case is so public and so blatant it's hard for them to just completely sweep under the rug.

  4. #17964
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I do have to say I'm kind of amazed at the number of LEOs testifying against Chauvin on this one. Usually any semblance of police brutality is met with a wall of silence from the rest of the force. I'm not so naive as to think they suddenly grew a conscience. I think this case is so public and so blatant it's hard for them to just completely sweep under the rug.
    Prosecutors deserve props as well. The public pressure/focus helped, but the fact that the Blue Wall of Silence has been not just knocked down, but seemingly turned to dust (at least in this case) continues to astound me. I don't think we've ever seen cops so uniformly testify against one of their own, no matter how conclusive and bullet-proof the evidence was.

  5. #17965
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Prosecutors deserve props as well. The public pressure/focus helped, but the fact that the Blue Wall of Silence has been not just knocked down, but seemingly turned to dust (at least in this case) continues to astound me. I don't think we've ever seen cops so uniformly testify against one of their own, no matter how conclusive and bullet-proof the evidence was.
    You would hope this would be a start to a change, but I will believe it when I see it.

  6. #17966
    Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    You would hope this would be a start to a change, but I will believe it when I see it.
    I'm not optimistic this is heralding any kind of national trend, but I do hope it at least starts changing some hearts and minds and leads to cracks in that wall elsewhere.

  7. #17967
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    67,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Prosecutors deserve props as well. The public pressure/focus helped, but the fact that the Blue Wall of Silence has been not just knocked down, but seemingly turned to dust (at least in this case) continues to astound me. I don't think we've ever seen cops so uniformly testify against one of their own, no matter how conclusive and bullet-proof the evidence was.
    More than the number of officers the prosecution have been able to get to support their case, I think the more interesting bit is the complete lack of such representation on the defense's side. That's the real story, in my view, and it's flying under the radar.

  8. #17968
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    More than the number of officers the prosecution have been able to get to support their case, I think the more interesting bit is the complete lack of such representation on the defense's side. That's the real story, in my view, and it's flying under the radar.
    Not to mention who is testifying. The chief of police, the use of force instructor, supervisors etc. These are people higher up in the food chain, people less likely to face intra-departmental bullying and hazing that happens to beat cops that "rat out" or testify against their colleagues.

    But yeah, I've noticed the absolute lack of any LEO testimony for the defense, and how much they're relying on the "but drugs" arguments. Then again, it seems they have an extremely uphill battle to climb with his defense. But then again they have the easier job: The prosecution has to convince every single juror - the defense only has to convince one and it's a hung jury and goes to retrial.

    - - - Updated - - -

    https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/04/...lice-killings/

    Yo, remember those Boogaloo's that murdered a cop and a federal security guard last summer, hoping to start a race war? No? Well, the investigation seems to have hit some boogie bumps -

    Four alleged members of a militia group associated with the so-called Boogaloo movement have been indicted on obstruction charges related to the killing of two law enforcement officers in California, prosecutors announced Friday.

    The indictment charges Turlock resident Jessie Alexander Rush, 29; Robert Jesus Blancas, 33, a homeless man living in the Bay Area; Simon Sage Ybarra, 23, of Los Gatos; and Kenny Matthew Miksch, 21, of San Lorenzo, with conspiracy to obstruct justice and destroy records to inhibit the investigations into the killings of Federal Protective Services Ofc. Dave Patrick Underwood in Oakland last May, and the killing of Santa Cruz Sheriff’s Sgt. Damon Gutzwiller a week later. Both officers were allegedly gunned down by Steven Carrillo, 32, another follower of the anti-government Boogaloo movement that is based on a belief in an impending second American Civil War.

    The charging records allege the group tried to delete messages and other electronic data that was proof of their discussions about killing police. They are alleged to be part of a Boogaloo militia known as the “Grizzly Scouts,” which is based in Northern California.

    “Beginning in April 2020, the Grizzly Scouts connected via a Facebook group and periodically met in person for firearms training and other purposes. The Facebook group’s description stated, ‘they say the west won’t boog,’ … and that ‘were [sic] here to gather like minded Californians who can network and establish local goon squads,'” assistant U.S. Attorney Abraham Simmons, a spokesman for the office, said in a news release.
    That's just more violent racist shitbirds for jail cells.

  9. #17969
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Ah, LAPD again. Call them about a white domestic abuser and they home in on the nearest black guy, then when the woman who called the cops says they have the wrong person, they arrest her too.

    https://abc7.com/lapd-bodycam-video-...dent/10495220/




    And in Fort Lauderdale, a guy called police about his car being vandalized and they beat the shit out of him. They claim they were skeered of the star trek phasers on his wall.
    This isn't at all surprising to me. About 1/3 of my dad's family is black, and live across Florida. What a lot of white people don't realize is that a lot of black people have to make a serious calculation whether to call the police if they've been a victim of a crime. The main reason is that if the police don't have a perpetrator for the call to arrest immediately, they'll start looking for someone else right there to arrest, and try to manufacture a situation to do so. It's basically farming to them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    De-escalation training seems to me to miss the mark. It's kind of like sexual harassment training at the office. The guys who need it aren't going to take it seriously, because they don't want to abide by those rules in the first place, because they want to engage in the conduct that's not tolerated. Whether it's Jimmy who likes playing grab-ass with the girls, or Billy who likes to smack around people of color when he can get away with it, they're not gonna get "fixed" by training.

    At best, they'll learn to hide their impulses better. Which just makes them a powder keg, rather than solving the actual problem. Which is that Jimmy and Billy are employed in their jobs, in the first place.



    The way it should work is that police should have higher standards of evidence required to justify their use of force; their training demonstrates that they have a greater capacity to control themselves and evaluate circumstances than the average person.

    That body camera footage should be that additional evidence required. So, if your shooting or use of force was justifed, the camera will back it up.

    Turning that camera off should be considered not just a lack of positive defense, but a demonstration of premeditation on whatever action the officer was about to engage in. Sure, turn it off when you go to the can or have lunch, but if anything comes up, even a random person coming up to talk to you, turn the fucking camera on.

    And sure; I know that CIs often need to be kept secret and off the cameras. That's fine. You take your risks, officer. If the risk isn't worth it, maybe you shouldn't be bothering your CI in the first place.

    No more presumption of innocence for police officers. You hit a guy, I expect your body camera to exculpate your use of force. It was off? You're heading to prison for assault and battery, you fuckdongle.

    In the rare case where the camera is damaged in a fight or otherwise fails, that's why officers should be working with a partner. Also, cameras on squad cars. A legit officer should be swimming in evidence that proves their use of force was valid.
    You know, I've worked in nightclubs as security in a few different cities, and this is basically how it works for us. If we get into a confrontation with somebody, if somebody gets hurt, the presumption is that we committed a crime if there's no evidence at all pointing otherwise. This works out fine. Nobody's scared to do anything they're supposed to.

  10. #17970
    https://www.13newsnow.com/article/ne...c-37620a9eb4ef



    Pulled over due to no license plate, cops exit with guns drawn and pointed at the driver, a uniformed member of the military.

    I'd be terrified to exit the car with two officers pointing guns at me immediately after stopping me, especially given how many people we've seen shot by cops who are terrified of everything.

    "What's going on is you're fixing to ride the lightning, son."

    "I'm honestly afraid to get out."

    "YEAH YOU SHOULD BE."

    That's not policing, that's a fucking gang. Won't even tell him why he's being pulled over, just issuing demands and commands. Oh, and on the "no license plate" part?

    According to the documents, which reference police body camera footage, before the officers got to Nazario's car, they would have been able to see that he had a temporary license plate taped to his rear window.
    Fire these officers immediately and prosecute them for assault and animal cruelty, if not more.

  11. #17971
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fire these officers immediately and prosecute them for assault and animal cruelty, if not more.
    Woah there buddy, Freudian slip?
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

  12. #17972
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    Woah there buddy, Freudian slip?
    There was a dog in the back of the vehicle that the dude mentioned was choking, if you watched it.

  13. #17973
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.13newsnow.com/article/ne...c-37620a9eb4ef



    Pulled over due to no license plate, cops exit with guns drawn and pointed at the driver, a uniformed member of the military.

    I'd be terrified to exit the car with two officers pointing guns at me immediately after stopping me, especially given how many people we've seen shot by cops who are terrified of everything.

    "What's going on is you're fixing to ride the lightning, son."

    "I'm honestly afraid to get out."

    "YEAH YOU SHOULD BE."

    That's not policing, that's a fucking gang. Won't even tell him why he's being pulled over, just issuing demands and commands. Oh, and on the "no license plate" part?



    Fire these officers immediately and prosecute them for assault and animal cruelty, if not more.
    So yeah, the 'you should be' is frightening. The police threatening violence and escalating the situation. Horrible.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

    -Isaac Asimov

  14. #17974
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    There was a dog in the back of the vehicle that the dude mentioned was choking, if you watched it.
    Ahh, I should have watched the whole thing then. Sorry for the accusation.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

  15. #17975
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    So yeah, the 'you should be' is frightening. The police threatening violence and escalating the situation. Horrible.
    Like, that's textbook assault (assault doesn't require physical force/contact) right there. An individual with a firearm pointed at you telling you "You should be" when you say you fear for your life is an explicit threat of violence.

  16. #17976
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "What's going on is you're fixing to ride the lightning, son."

    "I'm honestly afraid to get out."

    "YEAH YOU SHOULD BE."
    There was a conversation about de-escalation training somewhere in this forum recently. While a good thing, what good is it when it is literally the police that escalate things to 11 from the start? This conversation isn't ever something that should occur.

  17. #17977
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    So yeah, the 'you should be' is frightening. The police threatening violence and escalating the situation. Horrible.
    Yeah, you should be able to ask for a different officer... you don’t tell people their fears are reasonable.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  18. #17978
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    38,263
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    There was a conversation about de-escalation training somewhere in this forum recently. While a good thing, what good is it when it is literally the police that escalate things to 11 from the start? This conversation isn't ever something that should occur.
    I think de-escalation includes not escalating from the start.

    Which makes it just bad wording that puts the onus of escalation on the victim not the officer, as if officers just need to temper the situation that the victim is escalating... but that's not so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

  19. #17979
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    67,386
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    There was a conversation about de-escalation training somewhere in this forum recently. While a good thing, what good is it when it is literally the police that escalate things to 11 from the start? This conversation isn't ever something that should occur.
    I think it something I kind of kicked off.

    My point was that it's like sexual harassment training in the workplace. The people causing the problem pretty much all know what they're doing is wrong. All the training really does is give them guidelines by which they can try and game the system and avoid culpability. It doesn't ever make anyone go "gosh, was I wrong to grab Sally's ass every time she walked past my desk? By gum, I just plum never knew!"

    De-escalation training is good in the sense that it gives officers tools and processes by which to de-escalate, but if you think it's going to do anything about officers escalating situations because those officers are sadistic abusive dickbags who get their jollies off hurting and abusing people, you've got another think coming. Yes, there should be de-escalation training. No, it's not gonna fix the problem of police abuse.

  20. #17980
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.13newsnow.com/article/ne...c-37620a9eb4ef



    Pulled over due to no license plate, cops exit with guns drawn and pointed at the driver, a uniformed member of the military.

    I'd be terrified to exit the car with two officers pointing guns at me immediately after stopping me, especially given how many people we've seen shot by cops who are terrified of everything.

    "What's going on is you're fixing to ride the lightning, son."

    "I'm honestly afraid to get out."

    "YEAH YOU SHOULD BE."

    That's not policing, that's a fucking gang. Won't even tell him why he's being pulled over, just issuing demands and commands. Oh, and on the "no license plate" part?



    Fire these officers immediately and prosecute them for assault and animal cruelty, if not more.
    From an article I read today, this officer, is now suing these 2 cops and the police department.

    https://abc7news.com/lawsuit-virgini...20of%20Windsor.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •