1. #18181
    Banned Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    38,118
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The two incidents circulating illustrate any situation when dealing with the police is stressful for black people. When any given officer approaches you thinking the worst while others already walk around with ill intentions you for your all. Every move could be the 'wrong one' for no particular logical reason. Every world even if you do exactly as youre told. An entire institution that will throw your life away even in a clear case of murder because cops aren't supposed to cross the 'blue line'. "Well he should have moved faster", 'he should have kept his hands on the wheel" "he shouldn't look so intimidating" "I was scared" "he looked suspicious" "I didn't mean to actually shoot" "the bullets didn't actually kill him, it was xyz".

    You know the system doesn't value your life so many can only see the life or death situation. Doesn't might if you're guilty or innocent of something, all that's ticking in your mind is your fight or flight response. "If this officer beats or kills me at least I tried to get away". Or "I'm not moving no matter what they say because it's their words vs my actions and my actions lose."

    The 'good' cops aren't trained deal with bad officers, they are told to fall in line, or they just as fearful to speak up.

    Defund the police was too harsh. They said the protests were too disruptive, even the defense authorities in the Floyd case valid theres a problem, that a unfavorable verdict will lead to a reaction. And yet we are right to where we were a year a ago. Almost to the day.
    This is part of the reason I don't drive much at all... it's frequently in the back of my mind when I've gone through certain towns and literally be followed.

    This is also why when in the past officer's have been attacked (sometimes by the very right wing people they supported...) I don't give two shits.

    Not "everyone" in the SS was bad after all... but should anyone really give a shit when they're part of the entire apparatus of oppression to begin with?

  2. #18182
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    No, that's pretty clearly not what I wrote and doesn't make any sense in this context. I'm not going to have a retarded argument with someone that's engaging this kind of pointless bad faith though.
    Because you clearly think that Chauvin, without intent, killed him. When clearly there were people there telling him he can't breathe besides Floyd, even an off-duty fireperson trying to render aid. Even knelt on him over 3 minutes after Floyd took his last breath, and didn't even try to take a pulse.

  3. #18183
    Banned Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    38,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't think you're reading me correctly. Whatever.
    Then be clear?

    this one too

    Too as in this one "also"

    What other case are you referring to with your "too"

    If you think the Chauvin case too should be just third-degree... you deserve the chastising you're getting.

  4. #18184
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Then be clear?

    this one too

    Too as in this one "also"

    What other case are you referring to with your "too"

    If you think the Chauvin case too should be just third-degree... you deserve the chastising you're getting.
    Chauvin, objectively, has a third-degree charge against him (in addition to the second-degree charge). The third-degree charge seems appropriate in this case as well.

    I really don't care much if people are too enraptured by the usual circlejerk to parse simple syntax.

  5. #18185
    The Lightbringer docterfreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finding a stranger in the alps.
    Posts
    3,753
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Your argument is literally "the average woman is too small for the job so must use deadly for every time, all the time".

    WTF? Mind you I've seen small nurses drop people twice their size like nothing.
    Physical restraint is part of the job. You don't hire underqualified people. Women can still have a place in the force without going on patrol, just like the military. This also applies to manlets.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2021-04-18 at 03:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Joe who?

  6. #18186
    Banned Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    38,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Chauvin, objectively, has a third-degree charge against him (in addition to the second-degree charge). The third-degree charge seems appropriate in this case as well.

    I really don't care much if people are too enraptured by the usual circlejerk to parse simple syntax.
    You can't be vague with your meaning and then also bitch and moan about your vagueness pick a fucking lane.

    Second degree murder fits.

    ubd. 2.Unintentional murders. Whoever does either of the following is guilty of unintentional murder in the second degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 40 years:
    (1) causes the death of a human being, without intent to effect the death of any person, while committing or attempting to commit a felony offense other than criminal sexual conduct in the first or second degree with force or violence or a drive-by shooting; or

    (2) causes the death of a human being without intent to effect the death of any person, while intentionally inflicting or attempting to inflict bodily harm upon the victim, when the perpetrator is restrained under an order for protection and the victim is a person designated to receive protection under the order. As used in this clause, "order for protection" includes an order for protection issued under chapter 518B; a harassment restraining order issued under section 609.748; a court order setting conditions of pretrial release or conditions of a criminal sentence or juvenile court disposition; a restraining order issued in a marriage dissolution action; and any order issued by a court of another state or of the United States that is similar to any of these orders.

  7. #18187
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    You can't be vague with your meaning and then also bitch and moan about your vagueness pick a fucking lane.

    Second degree murder fits.
    In this case today? Probably not, legally. I don't really care though, I have no energy to defend garbage cops. If she was hung in a public square I wouldn't mourn it.

  8. #18188
    High Overlord Zinstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Physical restraint is part of the job. You don't hire underqualified people. Women can still have a place in the force without going on patrol, just like the military.
    I know you can't respond anymore so I'll just close with this: defaulting All Women as underqualified for the physical aspect for the job of a cop is a closedminded (and not to mention just wrong from an objective standpoint) approach that will only accomplish turning away perfectly good cop candidates. Women (just like Men) come in all shapes and sizes... some of them have the ability to be cops and some of them don't. Blanketing all women as "too weak to be cops" is just ignorant and unhelpful to everyone.

  9. #18189
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    31,202
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Physical restraint is part of the job. You don't hire underqualified people. Women can still have a place in the force without going on patrol, just like the military.
    Statements like this? People like this? Is why our police force is in such disarray. Literally saying women are underqualified to be police officers.

    When all information points to women doing a better job overall in law enforcement.

  10. #18190
    BREAKING: Medical examiner rules Daunte Wright's death a homicide
    https://t.co/NtNB11nX1z
    https://twitter.com/FOX9/status/1381...883077122?s=19

    Hmm? Idk what this means. Coroner says death by gunshot to the chest. The cops are using the excuse of 'my bad, wrong device/weapon'.

    In other news I received a emergency message alert stating: Extreme Alert, stay inside 7pm to 6am. Had to look it up. Pretty much our city expecting protests and possible violence tonight.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

    -Isaac Asimov

  11. #18191
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    31,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/FOX9/status/1381...883077122?s=19

    Hmm? Idk what this means. Coroner says death by gunshot to the chest. The cops are using the excuse of 'my bad, wrong device/weapon'.

    In other news I received a emergency message alert stating: Extreme Alert, stay inside 7pm to 6am. Had to look it up. Pretty much our city expecting protests and possible violence tonight.
    That's pretty normal for the ME. It's essentially meaningless for the issues we're discussing here. The cause of death is not always linked to the reason for the death, if that makes sense.

    Holy fuck - you're in/near the city. Stay the hell inside. If you get DoorDash invite the delivery person in (after confirming vaccination of course).

  12. #18192
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's also telling that they've had the evidence that he needed to be fired for four months and didn't do so until the video became public and went viral.
    Imagine all the shit police officers have getting away with for decades though even with body cameras and evidence they still walk away scott free thanks to the law being on their side.

  13. #18193
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    31,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Imagine all the shit police officers have getting away with for decades though even with body cameras and evidence they still walk away scott free thanks to the law being on their side.
    It's a total fucking shitstorm. @Vegas82 is spot on as well.

    One of my "favorite" (/s) rules is that if a SWAT team gets the wrong address for a night time no-knock warrant, and they invade your house, and you fire upon them, you are criminally liable for shooting at police officers. If they kill you, no responsibility.

    Falls right in the un-fucking-believable category.

    People who know my history of posts might have seen a shift in my perspective. A few years ago, I was at the forefront of "let's see how this plays out" or "let's wait for the camera footage" or similar. Ready to levy blame on the police only after we get the full story. Not anymore. Don't know what the point there is but here we are anyway.

  14. #18194
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    22,964
    You get pulled over and a cop can accidentally kill you because they are afraid on the job they trained and chose to do. Meanwhile you're a civilian who has read and seen many incidents bad policing not only going unpunished but being protected. It's almost insane to cooperate. Just sit there, stfu and hope some slight shift in the wind doesn't set them off.

    I know some good LEOs but damn the system is rotten to the core.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  15. #18195
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    You get pulled over and a cop can accidentally kill you because they are afraid on the job they trained and chose to do. Meanwhile you're a civilian who has read and seen many incidents bad policing not only going unpunished but being protected. It's almost insane to cooperate. Just sit there, stfu and hope some slight shift in the wind doesn't set them off.

    I know some good LEOs but damn the system is rotten to the core.
    You must always remain calm, cool, and collected while an adrenaline fueled lunatic who has ostensibly been trained for what they're doing points a gun at you and shouts contradictory commands. Don't scare them, they're already under enough pressure and they may have to retire early and get additional medical pensions for the PTSD they suffer from executing you.

  16. #18196
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    You get pulled over and a cop can accidentally kill you because they are afraid on the job they trained and chose to do. Meanwhile you're a civilian who has read and seen many incidents bad policing not only going unpunished but being protected. It's almost insane to cooperate. Just sit there, stfu and hope some slight shift in the wind doesn't set them off.

    I know some good LEOs but damn the system is rotten to the core.
    That's why you should always invest in a camera in your car because even with all the evidence on cops they still walk away but at least you can take the city and them to the cleaners in civil court.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It's a total fucking shitstorm. @Vegas82 is spot on as well.

    One of my "favorite" (/s) rules is that if a SWAT team gets the wrong address for a night time no-knock warrant, and they invade your house, and you fire upon them, you are criminally liable for shooting at police officers. If they kill you, no responsibility.

    Falls right in the un-fucking-believable category.

    People who know my history of posts might have seen a shift in my perspective. A few years ago, I was at the forefront of "let's see how this plays out" or "let's wait for the camera footage" or similar. Ready to levy blame on the police only after we get the full story. Not anymore. Don't know what the point there is but here we are anyway.
    Even if they don't kill you they are not responsible for destroying your house in the process of their mistake there's zero accountability.

  17. #18197
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You must always remain calm, cool, and collected while an adrenaline fueled lunatic who has ostensibly been trained for what they're doing points a gun at you and shouts contradictory commands. Don't scare them, they're already under enough pressure and they may have to retire early and get additional medical pensions for the PTSD they suffer from executing you.
    The absolute worst thing is that, in the stop with the military officer, the cop that was trying to justify their actions by saying what a tough time it is to be a police officer....
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

  18. #18198
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    The absolute worst thing is that, in the stop with the military officer, the cop that was trying to justify their actions by saying what a tough time it is to be a police officer....
    Yep, and they choose to be assholes. Trying to excuse his actions because of BLM and whatnot, is not going to help the situation, he is the exact reason why there is a BLM movement.

  19. #18199
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Yep, and they choose to be assholes. Trying to excuse his actions because of BLM and whatnot, is not going to help the situation, he is the exact reason why there is a BLM movement.
    Yeah that's exactly it. Using BLM protests of police brutality against black people as your excuse for engaging in police brutality against a black person...
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

  20. #18200
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Yeah that's exactly it. Using BLM protests of police brutality against black people as your excuse for engaging in police brutality against a black person...
    That's like the GA State Trooper that justified arresting a State Rep. for knocking on a door while Kemp signed the awful voter suppression legislation because "he was afraid of another Jan. 6"

    Seriously, the ways these racist fucks weaponize this shit is gross as fuck.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •