Going around the social media feeds:
    It is safer to be a white man who just killed multiple people than it is to be a Black person in a traffic stop.
    Spot on and truly frightening in it's implications.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

As Kyle Rittenhouse has shown even when you got a AR-15 the murder weapon and people shouting he just killed a bunch of people you get waved through and get to go home.

So, I've seen a video about the incident with the service member. Did the one cop actually scream "you're detained because you're obstructing justice!"?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So, I've seen a video about the incident with the service member. Did the one cop actually scream "you're detained because you're obstructing justice!"?
    Here's what's in the police academy handbook

Step 1: create made up reason for arrest
    Step 2: Detain person for obstructing justice when they point out you have no cause for arrest
    Step 3: ????
    Step 4: Blow them away, or make sure they have a slow agonizing death by crushing the life out of them

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Not just that...but after threatening to murder the man and then pepper spraying him in the face he said something along the lines of "Well lets get that pepper spray cleaned off your face and then we can have an intelligent conversation" and then proceeded to try to blame his police brutality on BLM for protesting police brutality. And then acted like he was doing the Lieutenant a favour by not arresting him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Here's what's in the police academy handbook

Step 1: create made up reason for arrest
    Step 2: Detain person for obstructing justice when they point out you have no cause for arrest
    Step 3: ????
    Step 4: Blow them away, or make sure they have a slow agonizing death by crushing the life out of them
    Watched the body cam footage of the incident its leaked apparently at least I have no reason to believe it was fabricated.

It was rather disturbing to watch not in a graphic sense but rather why you can't lower officer fitness requirements. The arrest seemed to be going rather standard until the warrant was brought up. The officer had zero control of the suspect and was trivially over powered. The rest of her reactions in the footage are a mad panic by her trying to pull him from the vehicle while keeping control of her weapon.

I don't believe for a moment by her reaction that she intended to discharge her weapon but she was a panicked shot. Can give a link via pm to the video for those interested in viewing it.

This sadly shows you can't just let anyone into the police force they have to be physically fit enough to overpower the average suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost controller View Post
    Watched the body cam footage of the incident its leaked apparently at least I have no reason to believe it was fabricated.

It was rather disturbing to watch not in a graphic sense but rather why you can't lower officer fitness requirements. The arrest seemed to be going rather standard until the warrant was brought up. The officer had zero control of the suspect and was trivially over powered. The rest of her reactions in the footage are a mad panic by her trying to pull him from the vehicle while keeping control of her weapon.

I don't believe for a moment by her reaction that she intended to discharge her weapon but she was a panicked shot. Can give a link via pm to the video for those interested in viewing it.

This sadly shows you can't just let anyone into the police force they have to be physically fit enough to overpower the average suspect.
    I think the post you quoted was about the military member where the situation spun out of control

You talk about the incident where the police officer mixed up their taser with their gun when the situation spun out of control.

Hard to keep track...

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    I think the post you quoted was about the military member where the situation spun out of control

You talk about the incident where the police officer mixed up their taser with their gun when the situation spun out of control.

Hard to keep track...
    It was the latter. My mistake if I wasn't clear enough I admit it is frightfully common. I don't believe for a moment she mixed up her taser with her gun but rather panicked and lost control of her weapon.

Fuck this bullshit. It has nothing to do with police physical fitness. You're just trying to justify sexism.

- - - Updated - - -

It was the latter. My mistake if I wasn't clear enough I admit it is frightfully common. I don't believe for a moment she mixed up her taser with her gun but rather panicked and lost control of her weapon.
    Than that is not a problem with her physical fitness.
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

This seems like a lot of words when you could just boil it down to a very succinct bit of sexism at the end, honestly.

Being physically fit isn't the be-all and end-all for overpowering someone, either. Especially not in terms of a police officer (hopefully) trying to stay within certain boundaries, and a suspect probably doing their utmost to get free and flee.

Fuck this bullshit. It has nothing to do with police physical fitness. You're just trying to justify sexism.

- - - Updated - - -

Than that is not a problem with her physical fitness.
    Except it was a problem with fitness. Rather then being able to subdue a suspect she needed to rely on a weapon. It isn't a sexism thing you need to have a high standard of fitness to properly enforce the law. If you don't have an option to overpower the suspect you have to rely on tools to close the gap.

You'll note the issue is always their female-ness. Despite them clearly having passed the fitness requirements for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This seems like a lot of words when you could just boil it down to a very succinct bit of sexism at the end, honestly.

Being physically fit isn't the be-all and end-all for overpowering someone, either. Especially not in terms of a police officer (hopefully) trying to stay within certain boundaries, and a suspect probably doing their utmost to get free and flee.
    I mean it played a major role in this. You can see it in the video she panicked when she lost physical control of the situation... its not sexism you HAVE to be able to overpower a suspect.

Except it was a problem with fitness. Rather then being able to subdue a suspect she needed to rely on a weapon. It isn't a sexism thing you need to have a high standard of fitness to properly enforce the law. If you don't have an option to overpower the suspect you have to rely on tools to close the gap.
    No, this is straight up sexism.

She would've had to pass the fitness standards to become an officer in the first place. Your issue is entirely that she's a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You'll note the issue is always their female-ness. Despite them clearly having passed the fitness requirements for the job.
    There is a video of what happened... if the test was passed it clearly wasn't hard enough.

There is a video of what happened... if the test was passed it clearly wasn't hard enough.
    If you're operating under the assumption that an officer must be able to "overpower" any potential citizen, you've set an impossible standard for any officer to meet.

Your issue is that she's a woman. Nothing else. Male officers run into circumstances where they can't overpower a suspect all the time as well.

No, this is straight up sexism.

She would've had to pass the fitness standards to become an officer in the first place. Your issue is entirely that she's a woman.
    No if a man fucked up this badly it would be the same thing... I would rather try to address an issue then just overlook what lead to failure.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're operating under the assumption that an officer must be able to "overpower" any potential citizen, you've set an impossible standard for any officer to meet.

Your issue is that she's a woman. Nothing else. Male officers run into circumstances where they can't overpower a suspect all the time as well.
    How is that a impossible standard for law enforcement?

No if a man fucked up this badly it would be the same thing... I would rather try to address an issue then just overlook what lead to failure.
    And that's why you're attacking the presence of women in the police force, and not this particular officer's basic failures of procedure and comprehension independent of her gender?

You're avoiding the issue, to use this situation to attack women as a whole.

- - - Updated - - -

How is that a impossible standard for law enforcement?
    Because there's always gonna be a bigger person. Unless you're demanding that all officers be literally professional weightlifters who are also multiple-degree black belts, there's always gonna be people who are bigger or better-trained.

So you didn't actually watch the video then.

She wasn't the one cuffing the suspect, if you watched her body-cam video she was standing by. She attempted to help the officer cuffing the suspect pull the guy out of the vehicle when he attempted to flee, which is when she drew her service weapon.

Man, I swear this one is just bringing all the "Women are weak and shouldn't do man jobs" sexists out.