Quote Originally Posted by Lost controller View Post
    Except it was a problem with fitness.
    She couldn’t tell the difference between 31 ounce and an 8 once weapon... and you think the issue is fitness?

I don’t know man... I think if she were weaker, this wouldn’t happen... since she would be able to tell the difference between a weapon that weighs nearly 4 times more...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Rather laughable in a thread where it took 4 male cops to hold down (and kill) Floyd people are arguing that woman can’t be cops because they can’t over power any and everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Rather laughable in a thread where it took 4 male cops to hold down (and kill) Floyd people are arguing that woman can’t be cops because they can’t over power any and everyone.
    4 weren't on Floyd at once, 3 were standing by. Just as there were officers standing by in the Minnesota incident.

This sadly shows you can't just let anyone into the police force they have to be physically fit enough to overpower the average suspect.
    lol... what the fuck... how would you ever have anyone in the police force then? subduing someone alone is extremely difficult even if you are physically fit...

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    4 weren't on Floyd at once, 3 were standing by. Just as there were officers standing by in the Minnesota incident.
    It’s been a while but I remember pictures with two other officers on him
    At some if I’m not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    lol... what the fuck... how would you ever have anyone in the police force then? subduing someone alone is extremely difficult even if you are physically fit...
    I’m 6 foot 8... (203 cm) and 300 pounds... these morons are advocating for me to get shot over traffic stops... fucked up...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Except it was a problem with fitness. Rather then being able to subdue a suspect she needed to rely on a weapon. It isn't a sexism thing you need to have a high standard of fitness to properly enforce the law. If you don't have an option to overpower the suspect you have to rely on tools to close the gap.
    There's always someone bigger and stronger. Demanding that every officer be able to physically overpower every suspect is unreasonable.

They have the tools and the training for just that reason.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2021-04-13 at 04:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    As Kyle Rittenhouse has shown even when you got a AR-15 the murder weapon and people shouting he just killed a bunch of people you get waved through and get to go home.
    That is the most stark contrast. Just un-fucking-believable.

No if a man fucked up this badly it would be the same thing... I would rather try to address an issue then just overlook what lead to failure.
    You're completely overlooking what lead to failure. Her apparent inability to tell the difference between her gun and her taser. Despite the facts that the taser is holstered on the opposite side of her body as her gun, is brightly coloured and weighs a quarter as much as the gun. Her physical fitness is not the issue here.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, I swear this one is just bringing all the "Women are weak and shouldn't do man jobs" sexists out.
    They'll use any excuse they can to deflect away from systemic racism and police brutality. Getting to push a sexist agenda is just a bonus for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    It’s been a while but I remember pictures with two other officers on him
    At some if I’m not mistaken.
    Regardless, the "physical fitness" argument goes out the window when male cops gun down children and sleeping women.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    If its legal, but morally reprehensible, do you still need to do it as a lawyer if you think it is your best chance? I mean, i think its horrible, but isn't the problem in the first place that victim blaming works, not that people try it?

That shit should've resulted in a contempt of court charge from the judge and a consideration as to whether to permanently disbar the lawyer who brought that defense.

It's so obviously irrelevant to the case.

Can't really blame the lawyers here...they're doing their job.

I doubt any other defense team would go with any other strategy. They can't deny that Chauvin was kneeling on Floyd's neck for 9 minutes...all they can do is try and place reasonable doubt that something else could have been what actually killed Floyd in the minds of the jury. It may be distasteful to blame the victim...but they are obligated to provide the best legal defense for their client that they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Regardless, the "physical fitness" argument goes out the window when male cops gun down children and sleeping women.
    Also like...the number of very obese officers that wouldn't be able to chase down someone in an electric wheelchair beyond a few blocks, lest they risk a heart attack.

The notion that all male police officers are the pinnacle of physical fitness is patently hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That shit should've resulted in a contempt of court charge from the judge and a consideration as to whether to permanently disbar the lawyer who brought that defense.

It's so obviously irrelevant to the case.
    It's literally all they have. Seems they're trying to frame him as a drug addict that is non-compliant with officers (though hilariously the "example" they use shows further problems as the officer drew his weapon without any visible threat). Though the judge specifically batted that down, but it doesn't matter since the seed was planted -

"This evidence is being admitted solely for the limited purpose of showing what effects the ingestion of opioids may or may not have had on the physical well-being of George Floyd," Cahill told the jury on Tuesday. "This evidence is not to be used as evidence of the character of George Floyd."
    It's morally reprehensible from my point of view, but it's the only angle I can see the defense having. They only need to convince 1-2 jurors to prevent a guilty verdict.

Can't really blame the lawyers here...they're doing their job.

I doubt any other defense team would go with any other strategy. They can't deny that Chauvin was kneeling on Floyd's neck for 9 minutes...all they can do is try and place reasonable doubt that something else could have been what actually killed Floyd in the minds of the jury.
    There's two autopsies that both confirm cause of death being asphyxiation by way of knee on neck. You'd have to dispute those results concretely if you wanted to present an alternative argument on cause of death.

It may be distasteful to blame the victim...but they are obligated to provide the best legal defense for their client that they can.
    Obligated to provide the best valid defense, yes.

Obligated to waste the court's time by using irrational and irrelevant pleas to character, that Floyd was "worth killing" because of a prior conviction? Not even a little.

I don't think that's actually explicitly written like, anywhere.

There's two autopsies that both confirm cause of death being asphyxiation by way of knee on neck. You'd have to dispute those results concretely if you wanted to present an alternative argument on cause of death.
    They don't need to dispute the results concretely. They need to present reasonable doubt. That the autopsies could possibly be wrong.

Obligated to waste the court's time by using irrational and irrelevant pleas to character, that Floyd was "worth killing" because of a prior conviction? Not even a little.
    To quote what Edge just posted:

"This evidence is being admitted solely for the limited purpose of showing what effects the ingestion of opioids may or may not have had on the physical well-being of George Floyd," Cahill told the jury on Tuesday. "This evidence is not to be used as evidence of the character of George Floyd."
    Specific instructions to the jury that the testimony is not to be used as evidence about George Floyd's character and to strictly focus on the matter of the opioid usage

So you didn't actually watch the video then.

She wasn't the one cuffing the suspect, if you watched her body-cam video she was standing by. She attempted to help the officer cuffing the suspect pull the guy out of the vehicle when he attempted to flee, which is when she drew her service weapon.

Man, I swear this one is just bringing all the "Women are weak and shouldn't do man jobs" sexists out.
    I don't know why your fixated on her being a woman but if you can't physically perform your job you shouldn't be doing it... if you saw the video there is no way you believe she was in control of the situation.

They don't need to dispute the results concretely. They need to present reasonable doubt. That the autopsies could possibly be wrong.

To quote what Edge just posted:

Specific instructions to the jury that the testimony is not to be used as evidence about George Floyd's character and to strictly focus on the matter of the opioid usage
    They haven't presented any "reasonable" evidence that the autopsies could be wrong though... and the lawyer... my fucking god

"if we just ignore all the facts of the case... wouldn't you agree it could possibly maybe be something else?"