1. #18601
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost controller View Post
    No because they decided to try and murder a man and got a taste of what they wanted to serve out.
    Bless your little heart. And you think you qualify to judge others on "reality."

    You remind me of one of my fave posters, Kraken.

    And please, learn the difference between the use of "your" and " you're".

  2. #18602
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    22,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    As a Minnesotan, she needs to gtfo Minnesota. Yeah, she pissed me off coming up shiwboating with her political bullshit.

    I agree with almost all she stated, but there is a time and place.
    When is that time and place though? Because we're dealing with an ongoing problem where "waiting for the right time and place" hasn't worked. Police departments aren't even breaking a sweat, not in Minnesota or anywhere else. It's the same old bullshit as last year, and the year before, and the decade before that. So people supposed to sit around and wait to be called upon to speak after the fact? When things are just commentary? It doesn't matter what the verdict of this case is except for Floyd because we're likely to have several years of more incidents before actually change comes.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  3. #18603
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    31,213
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    When is that time and place though? Because we're dealing with an ongoing problem where "waiting for the right time and place" hasn't worked. Police departments aren't even breaking a sweat, not in Minnesota or anywhere else. It's the same old bullshit as last year, and the year before, and the decade before that. So people supposed to sit around and wait to be called upon to speak after the fact? When things are just commentary? It doesn't matter what the verdict of this case is except for Floyd because we're likely to have several years of more incidents before actually change comes.
    You're not reading the details here - the issue with Maxine Water's comments are the effect they will have on the possible overturn of a conviction, if the jury returns with one.

    No one here is arguing her comments are out of place, they are just terribly timed.

    - - - Updated - - -

    When you have all the right resources, and you use them in all the wrong ways.

    'Mortal Kombat' Video of SJ Sergeant Performing Baton Tricks Investigated by Internal Affairs

    Probably not the best choice, but imo nothing wrong with a little showing off. To me, this is San Diego pretending to be concerned about racial issues.

  4. #18604
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    22,966
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You're not reading the details here - the issue with Maxine Water's comments are the effect they will have on the possible overturn of a conviction, if the jury returns with one.

    No one here is arguing her comments are out of place, they are just terribly timed.
    They are looking for any and all excuses. If not her comments then fear of protests. If not protests then biased jurors. The game is already rigged so who really cares about being civil if it means you have to shut up and not speak your truth?

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  5. #18605
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    66,796
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You're not reading the details here - the issue with Maxine Water's comments are the effect they will have on the possible overturn of a conviction, if the jury returns with one.
    I cannot fathom how there is any possibility of her comments overturning a conviction. I get that it happened with another case, but that's just as batshit. There is no reasonable basis for such an action.

  6. #18606
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    22,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Given the bill just signed in Florida, and other similar bills in other states, all that seems to be needed to justify killing them is mildly inconveniencing you as a motorist in your vehicle.

    - - - Updated - - -

    https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/19/us/co...rnd/index.html



    Scratch an "all lives matter" judge, find a racist piece of shit. Weird that justice seems difficult for people of color when you have judges who don't seem to understand the context around the use of the "N-word", including using the full word in its -er and -a varieties.

    Also, much of this was done while robed and sitting at the bench, which seems like it would be a gross breach of ethics.

    Weird that there may be accusations of racism built into the justice system. Very weird.
    This is why the problems are systemic. People who careful not to appear biased in public. Might even have a BLM t-shirt or two because it's socially advantageous. When doors are closed and no one is supposed to be looking they let their bullshit fly. These people are particularly annoying because they won't admit to their biases.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  7. #18607
    Banned Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    38,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I cannot fathom how there is any possibility of her comments overturning a conviction. I get that it happened with another case, but that's just as batshit. There is no reasonable basis for such an action.
    I also want to know how many cases does this happen in? Why are the details I find typically with officers? Why wasn't the same argument given over Trayvon Martin when republicans were yapping? Oops... forgot black child dead... they don't matter.

  8. #18608
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You're not reading the details here - the issue with Maxine Water's comments are the effect they will have on the possible overturn of a conviction, if the jury returns with one.

    No one here is arguing her comments are out of place, they are just terribly timed.
    Again, the jury is already partially sequestered (and realistically should be fully sequestered over the weekend, but that's on the judge) and should be avoiding all news relating to the trial to begin with. The judge can go chew rocks, that's some horse shit.

  9. #18609
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Again, the jury is already partially sequestered (and realistically should be fully sequestered over the weekend, but that's on the judge) and should be avoiding all news relating to the trial to begin with. The judge can go chew rocks, that's some horse shit.
    This is for any Appeal the defense might give. The judge even stated that if they want to appeal the Maxine Waters they can. As Cubby stated it's a long shot but don't say jack, just be quiet.

    Sorry for repeating myself but having a Californian politician come to Minnesota and say that crap triggers me. The court is actually not based on logic sometimes and her words can be used against them. She didn't need to come to a rally in Minnesota and say jack. We already know that they use protests and any BLM as a weapon cause of basically sheer racism. We still have enough bigotry and racism to affect outcomes of trials.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

    -Isaac Asimov

  10. #18610
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    66,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    This is for any Appeal the defense might give. The judge even stated that if they want to appeal the Maxine Waters they can. As Cubby stated it's a long shot but don't say jack, just be quiet.

    Sorry for repeating myself but having a Californian politician come to Minnesota and say that crap triggers me. The court is actually not based on logic sometimes and her words can be used against them. She didn't need to come to a rally in Minnesota and say jack. We already know that they use protests and any BLM as a weapon cause of basically sheer racism. We still have enough bigotry and racism to affect outcomes of trials.
    Nothing Maxine Waters said should have any relevance to court proceedings on this case.

    The only possible grounds where it could is if she were publicly declaring some obvious evidence that she had which had clearly been ignored by the prosecution, or something. And then, yeah, there'd be a mistrial, but because of prosecutorial negligence, not Maxine Waters.

    Unless it's speaking to the facts of the incident the case is about, her comments are not relevant to the case in any way, and should not be granted any consideration by the courts. The idea that any public figure could trigger a mistrial by speaking about their personal opinion of the case is crazy. What basis could that possibly have in jurisprudence?

  11. #18611
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    31,213
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    They are looking for any and all excuses. If not her comments then fear of protests. If not protests then biased jurors. The game is already rigged so who really cares about being civil if it means you have to shut up and not speak your truth?
    No, in this case, it's a literal event that took place a few weeks ago. I'm going nuts trying to find the fucking article. Speak the truth, absolutely - you know where I fall on this subject - but avoid when it can hurt another related cause.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I cannot fathom how there is any possibility of her comments overturning a conviction. I get that it happened with another case, but that's just as batshit. There is no reasonable basis for such an action.
    Neither can I. But a conviction was just recently overturned because the jury learned that riots/violence might happen if a not guilty verdict came back. I cannot find the damn case/article - apologies. I saw it last week.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Again, the jury is already partially sequestered (and realistically should be fully sequestered over the weekend, but that's on the judge) and should be avoiding all news relating to the trial to begin with. The judge can go chew rocks, that's some horse shit.
    I'm just the messenger here. I'll find the article/case. But the conviction was overturned on appeal. This literally happened because of threats of violence from protesters if a not guilty verdict came back.

    I think it's horseshit too - but it happened.

  12. #18612
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost controller View Post
    You don't get to make terrorist threats of violent reprisals against innocent people because a you might lose a court case...

    It is absurd beyond belief that someone has to type that out to you. You don't get to become terrorists because people believe in the 2nd amendment. Let us not mince words here she did not call for peaceful protests she called for violence.
    Well, it is a good thing she didn't. So, carry on with this bullshit argument.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost controller View Post
    I understand there is a stereotype of americans not understanding how the world works and being incredibly ignorant but you are actually going with CNN didn't tell me anything bad happened in the streets being burned...the lootings the active shootings.

    Tell me and do be honest. Do you believe the only act of violence that happened was when kyle Rittenhouse do you? I honestly want to know you are showing a naivety I am staggered trying to understand.
    I guarantee you, that CNN is more accurate than anything you watch or read.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinstorm View Post
    ....Not going to lie... slightly annoyed that a certain poster will be unable to respond to Endus's #18595 post.... then again given how the poster had acted the response would most likely have been lacking.
    Don't worry, give him a day or 2 and he will make a new account. Just like he did here.

  13. #18613
    Banned Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    38,118
    National guard activated apparently. Why?? When has a protest turned violent without police escalation?

  14. #18614
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    66,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    National guard activated apparently. Why?? When has a protest turned violent without police escalation?
    January 6th?

  15. #18615
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    It Was Capitalism All Along
    Posts
    53,676
    Today in Double Standards in American Law Enforcement:

    Nearly a thousand Ohio State students had a rave that resulted in 7 cars being flipped and the street being destroyed. No arrests were made despite multiple 911 calls - contrasting with the many incidents of peaceful protests being violently dispersed by police.



    Funny how the police seem perfectly capable of restraining themselves from brutality when the people involved are mostly rich white kids.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

  16. #18616
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Today in Double Standards in American Law Enforcement:

    Nearly a thousand Ohio State students had a rave that resulted in 7 cars being flipped and the street being destroyed. No arrests were made despite multiple 911 calls - contrasting with the many incidents of peaceful protests being violently dispersed by police.



    Funny how the police seem perfectly capable of restraining themselves from brutality when the people involved are mostly rich white kids.
    Weren't we making this exact same observation like...7 years ago when a bunch of white people rioted over some fuckin pumpkins?

    https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-29695232

    Oh right, we did. And it was pointed out how vastly different the law enforcement and general public responses were. I see we've come a long, long way in getting to the exact same place over the past 7 years.

  17. #18617
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    It Was Capitalism All Along
    Posts
    53,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Weren't we making this exact same observation like...7 years ago when a bunch of white people rioted over some fuckin pumpkins?

    https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-29695232

    Oh right, we did. And it was pointed out how vastly different the law enforcement and general public responses were. I see we've come a long, long way in getting to the exact same place over the past 7 years.
    And pretty much the entire point when people say "You can't reform this" - the problem is not with the concept of law enforcement, the problem is with law enforcement as Americans conceptualize it; i.e. one where police have no accountability and someone's culpability is more a factor of their demographic than their actual guilt.

    At least Hammurabi was upfront about having different punishments for different social classes, lol.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

  18. #18618
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I cannot fathom how there is any possibility of her comments overturning a conviction. I get that it happened with another case, but that's just as batshit. There is no reasonable basis for such an action.
    They have its called contamination of public opinion. Government officials arent supposed to weight in into trials like this. It can overturn conviction, even in Canada were we live. Its true for the US too. The state is the one enacting justice, in order to do it, representative of the government are called to not go after the deliberations. So yes, that was fucking dumb period. Doesent mean it will be overturned 100%, but why the fuck would you as an elected person even put trials in jeopardy for some fucking public clout. I think the general public know this case enough by now, nobody in the government needed to add their 2 cent to it. Why do you think Joe Biden is waiting after the verdict to make his public statement about it? Because the fucking president commenting on an ongoing trial will pretty much mean an instant overturn in an appeal court.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2021-04-20 at 04:19 PM.

  19. #18619
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    It Was Capitalism All Along
    Posts
    53,676
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    They have its called contamination of public opinion.
    Cool, that's why jury sequestration exists and was put into place for this case.

    What was your point again?
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

  20. #18620
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Cool, that's why jury sequestration exists and was put into place for this case.

    What was your point again?
    That you should not be a fucking moron when people elect you to office and not risk giving people appeal court material for the hell of it? Whats the point of defending something we know back fires in the past... what logic is there? She is elected, be fucking smart.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •