Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    And Biden waited until the jury was sequestered before he made a fucking comment. Cruz, should be fucking lucky he isn't being tried for fucking sedition right now along with the other 400+ people that deserve it.
    I love Cruz complaining, Biden just hoped for the "right" verdict. He never specified what it was.

Man, Republicans are just desperate to defend a cop who got convicted of murdering a man.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Max sentence if 40 years. Fuck YES!
    Thought that was just for the 2nd degree murder charge?

Fled Cruz just wants to distract he wanted to leave all us Texans to die while he tried to go somewhere warmer.

I would think that they could only sentence for the most severe charge?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by bjoswald View Post
    Not going anywhere (voluntarily). I have my right to have an opinion like everyone else.
    Well, voluntarily or not...you're gone now :P

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    That's what they will do. The discussion about the possible verdict outcomes got confusing, in part because of me. He'll only be sentenced for the highest charge, since they are all version of the same crime.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah - that's what his sentencing will be based on. He would get sentenced for all three convictions, because they are all the same crime. He got the most severe conviction of the charges he was facing, which is awesome. More than I ever expected.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    right? those ones are much more unannounced unless it's the president calling for a riot.
    Not to mention plywood doesn't stop bullets very well which is the usual "conservative" solution to their perceived problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Reading the meltdown on r/conservatives. It's honestly hilarious to see where their stances land, given how they have to be for the exact opposite of everything to the left.

Cop sits on another guy's throat for 9 minutes until he dies, and here they are, hoping the cop gets off scot-free and isn't held accountable for his actions.
    Really sad that they don't allow anyone but flaired users only on most of their shitty posts, but then again, the so called "free speech warriors" don't like to be criticized by free speech all that often.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    There is the truth of it. George Floyd is used as an excuse, and nothing more.
    That black people are tired of being murdered? Without due fucking process?

Really sad that they don't allow anyone but flaired users only on most of their shitty posts, but then again, the so called "free speech warriors" don't like to be criticized by free speech all that often.
    It's hilarious because their reasoning behind it is that they get brigaded by all the libs on /r/politics.

Their justification is literally that their ideas and beliefs and opinions are super unpopular outside of their echo chamber and they can't tolerate that for some reason. It's such an amusing little set of contradictions that's a pretty perfect encapsulation of the modern Republican party.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I love Cruz complaining, Biden just hoped for the "right" verdict. He never specified what it was.

Man, Republicans are just desperate to defend a cop who got convicted of murdering a man.
    Exactly, meanwhile, he didn't say shit about when Trump was responding to things like the little shit that is Kyle Rittenhouse, and probably dozens of others he commented on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Not true, since he was found guilty of all of the charges, I think he can be sentenced for all of the charges.

Ah, guess I was wrong. https://www.minnpost.com/metro/2021/...es%20on%20them.

- - - Updated - - -

It's hilarious because their reasoning behind it is that they get brigaded by all the libs on /r/politics.

Their justification is literally that their ideas and beliefs and opinions are super unpopular outside of their echo chamber and they can't tolerate that for some reason. It's such an amusing little set of contradictions that's a pretty perfect encapsulation of the modern Republican party.
    Not surprising. There is a reason that people are leaving the Republican party in droves.

quick question... what would have happened if a citizen shot and injured/killed chauvin with a gun to stop him from killing george?

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    quick question... what would have happened if a citizen killed chauvin with a gun to stop him from killing george?
    They'd be charged with murder, likely. And if they tackled him, with assault and battery (assumed enhanced charges for the victim being a law enforcement officer).

Nice little catch 22, ain't it? The only people who can stop a bad cop like this, is a good cop. Shame there were 4 officers there at the scene and not a single good cop to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    quick question... what would have happened if a citizen killed chauvin with a gun to stop him from killing george?
    They probably would have gotten 1st degree murder, and probably a dozen other charges, if they made it to the police station alive.

Stealing from @cubby

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/s...70554205990917

White guy in a truck rams police cars, drives off with an officer hanging on whom apparently fell off and was dragged as the driver hit him with a hammer, all over a dispute about masks.

No tasers. No guns mistaken for tasers. No guns at all. Hell, reporting suggests they didn't even assault him.

This is a perfect example of the difference in how law enforcement, nationally, treat Black and white suspects. Duante Wright was killed after being pulled over for having air fresheners in his car, this guy is in jail seemingly without a scratch despite literally vehicular assault, and assault with a deadly weapon.

Good...Chauvin doesn't deserve freedom. Step right up, Kim Potter!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Are these resisters actually contributing to our country and paying their taxes? Or are they freeloading?

Stealing from @cubby

White guy in a truck rams police cars, drives off with an officer hanging on whom apparently fell off and was dragged as the driver hit him with a hammer, all over a dispute about masks.

No tasers. No guns mistaken for tasers. No guns at all. Hell, reporting suggests they didn't even assault him.

This is a perfect example of the difference in how law enforcement, nationally, treat Black and white suspects. Duante Wright was killed after being pulled over for having air fresheners in his car, this guy is in jail seemingly without a scratch despite literally vehicular assault, and assault with a deadly weapon.
    Yep, I have seen lots of accounts where cops literally have kid gloves with white people, maybe pulling their guns on them, but never firing, even when trying to run cops over with cars and whatnot.

But a black guy, even complying still gets assaulted and/or shot/killed. https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=234553247681967

In fact, there is the video, he is complying and the cop behind him comes up and kicks him in the back. This happened last year in March. And the cops said they were "investigating" themselves.

Stealing from @cubby

I don't really get this angle. Duante Wright was killed because some idiot cop mistook her gun for a taser. The exchange didn't suggest it had anything to do with the color of anyone's skin.

And I highly doubt any trigger happy cops are going to care if they share the same race with a criminal who's pointing a gun at them, or threatening them via truck-hanging-on. Are the cops supposed to risk being shot because they think the criminal is on the same team as them?

Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    Crowder is already rambling on twitter about cops leaving the force.
    Good... maybe the scarcity vs demand, they will increase pay... I would love to be a cop, if the pay was similar to what I earn now... which is never going to happen...

- - - Updated - - -

And I highly doubt any trigger happy cops are going to care if they share the same race with a criminal who's pointing a gun at them, or threatening them via truck-hanging-on. Are the cops supposed to risk being shot because they think the criminal is on the same team as them?
    Based on what Edge posted, that’s simply not true... it seems like you squeezed “ threatening them via truck-hanging-on” after you finished the post... because the two outcomes were very different.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I don't really get this angle. Duante Wright was killed because some idiot cop mistook her gun for a taser. The exchange didn't suggest it had anything to do with the color of anyone's skin.
    Situation was arguably similar, if not less bad (despite his warrants) as he had yet to you know, even assault a cop like this guy did by driving into their vehicles.

It speaks to how quickly cops escalate with people of color compared to white people.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/12/05/ohio-...reatens-shoot/

Because this is hardly an isolated incident. Is it overt racism? Unlikely in every instance, but there may be some. Is it a massive expression of subtle bias? Yeah, probably. And it has literally deadly effects for people of color.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Based on what Edge posted, that’s simply not true... it seems like you squeezed “ threatening them via truck-hanging-on” after you finished the post... because the two outcomes were very different.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_boogaloo_killings

If they can arrest this dude, who actively tried to assassinate cops, I'm sure they can put in a little bit of effort to not kill other people.