10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    I blame them when they have stupid behavior that put them at risk willingly.
    Which is nakedly victim-blaming.

It's the same argument used to blame a woman for "dressing slutty" when she was raped.
    It's the same argument used to blame a gay man for being beaten to death because he shouldn't have been so brazenly out and proud in that part of town.
    It's the same argument used to tell kids they should've listened better to their parents if they didn't want to get beaten so hard they had to go to the hospital.

Stop making abusive, shitty arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you use even more bad faith please ?
    The person who is literally engaged in victim blaming is trying to claim others are posting in bad faith?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Which is nakedly victim-blaming.

It's the same argument used to blame a woman for "dressing slutty" when she was raped.
    It's the same argument used to blame a gay man for being beaten to death because he shouldn't have been so brazenly out and proud in that part of town.
    It's the same argument used to tell kids they should've listened better to their parents if they didn't want to get beaten so hard they had to go to the hospital.

Stop making abusive, shitty arguments.
    So I guess someone driving with a blindfold and having a crash is a victim as well. Oh I forgot, he run over someone while driving.

If you dress "slutty" as you call it, and go in the most dangerous part of town, do not get surprised when bad things happen. Obviously, the assaulter should be charged, but the "victim" still put herself at risk.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I guess someone driving with a blindfold and having a crash is a victim as well. Oh I forgot, he run over someone while driving.
    This is just insultingly, deliberately dishonest.

If you dress "slutty" as you call it, and go in the most dangerous part of town, do not get surprised when bad things happen. Obviously, the assaulter should be charged, but the "victim" still put herself at risk.
    That's victim-blaming.

That's exactly what the term is about.

You blame victims for their victimization. It's a shitty-ass attitude that has no connection to either reason or common, basic human decency.

The key part you seem to be willfully ignoring is that there shouldn't have been any such "risk". That "risk" was the existence of abusers. They are entirely responsible for being the threat in question.

Same applies to dirty, corrupt, chickenshit cops who abuse their authority like this. They aren't a "risk" that citizens should be avoiding. They're a direct threat who should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
    Last edited by Endus; 2021-07-29 at 05:20 PM.

This is a bad faith strawman that's not remotely comparable.

If you dress "slutty" as you call it, and go in the most dangerous part of town, do not get surprised when bad things happen.
    It shouldn't be the case sure, but let's entertain that.

Is the theoretical person assaulting/harassing the woman a paid employee of the state/county who has ostensibly gone through training? Or is it a rando?

Is the bar/comparison for copes, "Some asshole/criminal in a bad part of town"? Because if so, there's bigger problems within law enforcement.

Obviously, the assaulter should be charged, but the "victim" still put herself at risk.
    Yet it's still not her fault, it's the fault of the person that assaults/harasses her. Imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is a bad faith strawman that's not remotely comparable.

It shouldn't be the case sure, but let's entertain that.

Is the theoretical person assaulting/harassing the woman a paid employee of the state/county who has ostensibly gone through training? Or is it a rando?

Is the bar/comparison for copes, "Some asshole/criminal in a bad part of town"? Because if so, there's bigger problems within law enforcement.

Yet it's still not her fault, it's the fault of the person that assaults/harasses her. Imagine that.
    AS I said, the assaulter should be charged for whatever he did. But the "victim" still put her/himself at risk while knowing the risks. I do not really care how woke calls that, I call that stupid behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    AS I said, the assaulter should be charged for whatever he did. But the "victim" still put her/himself at risk while knowing the risks. I do not really care how woke calls that, I call that stupid behavior.
    Which means you're into blaming victims.

Saying "oh, the assaulter is to blame too" in no way changes or ameliorates that.

You blame victims for being victimized. You're doing so openly and repeatedly. You just don't like what that says about you, and that we can all see you doing it.

Which means you're into blaming victims.

Saying "oh, the assaulter is to blame too" in no way changes or ameliorates that.

You blame victims for being victimized. You're doing so openly and repeatedly. You just don't like what that says about you, and that we can all see you doing it.

Nah, that is called being adult and being able to have responsability. I will say to my daughter to not dress a certain way and not go into certain area because it is dangerous.

If you go in there while knowing how it is, you put yourself at risk willingly and deserve to be blame for it. Obviously, your assaulter is still guilty, but you are also stupid.

Nah, that is called being adult and being able to have responsability. I will say to my daughter to not dress a certain way and not go into certain area because it is dangerous.

If you go in there while knowing how it is, you put yourself at risk willingly and deserve to be blame for it. Obviously, your assaulter is still guilty, but you are also stupid.
    So what did the guy do to "deserve" being pistol whipped and threatened with death with a gun to his neck, again? Since we're veering off topic here.

I mean I get it, suspected simple trespass and fleeing the police and all, but I'm curious how misdemeanors warrant both the use of excessive force and the threat of the use of lethal force on an unarmed suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So what did the guy do to "deserve" being pistol whipped and threatened with death with a gun to his neck, again? Since we're veering off topic here.

I mean I get it, suspected simple trespass and fleeing the police and all, but I'm curious how misdemeanors warrant both the use of excessive force and the threat of the use of lethal force on an unarmed suspect.
    And the police officer will get charged for it (and rightfully so).

And the police officer will get charged for it (and rightfully so).
    Ok, but the guy is still a victim and is not at fault for the abuse he received. Committing a misdemeanor isn't "asking" for a cop to assault you and threaten your life, you're just someone who committed a misdemeanor who is also the victim of police abuse.

I blame them when they have stupid behavior that put them at risk willingly.
    You truly are the embodiment of human garbage aren't you. YOU are blaming the victim of police brutality with a firearm for running away unarmed while posing no threat to the officer?

I'll never understand the motivation of some to come to this site just to get humiliated and crapped on regularly.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    When you are scared, you do as you are told. He could comply, he did not. As I said, stupid behavior on both side.
    When you are scared you fight, you run away, or you freeze. When you are scared you stop being rational.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you also tell her never to be alone with any man ever no matter what?
    Because being alone with men she trusts is also a risk.
    - Lars

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    When you are scared you fight, you run away, or you freeze. When you are scared you stop being rational.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you also tell her never to be alone with any man ever no matter what?
    Because being alone with men she trusts is also a risk.
    Using a stair is also a risk after all !

10+ Year Old Account
    You're the one telling people it's okay to blame victims for being "stupid" when something bad happens to them. So yes; by your argument, if someone's taking the stairs and the stairs collapse beneath them, seriously injuring them, well, they were "stupid" to even take the stairs in the first place.

Or you're a hypocrite and won't stand by your horseshit position from earlier.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are the one victim blaming, and saying that you tell your kid to calculate risks. I'm just saying you should teach her what the likliest scenario for her getting raped looks like.
    - Lars

You're the one telling people it's okay to blame victims for being "stupid" when something bad happens to them. So yes; by your argument, if someone's taking the stairs and the stairs collapse beneath them, seriously injuring them, well, they were "stupid" to even take the stairs in the first place.

Or you're a hypocrite and won't stand by your horseshit position from earlier.
    If you see the stairs is badly damaged and hang on a tread and you still use it, yes, you are an idiot and deserve to be blame for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You keep inventing situations that are in no way equivalent to the one being discussed. Just stop with the victim blaming, you won’t be convincing anyone anytime soon.
    Do not worry, the opposite is also true

10+ Year Old Account
    If you see the stairs is badly damaged and hang on a tread and you still use it, yes, you are an idiot and deserve to be blame for doing so.
    That wasn't the example you were presented with. At all. You can't respond honestly, so you change the circumstances.

All you're after is some feeble attempt to justify blaming victims for being targeted. It's vindictive, sadistic nonsense.
    Last edited by Endus; 2021-07-29 at 07:30 PM.